PDA

View Full Version : Steelers # 18 in the Draft Order.

Venom
01-11-2010, 07:12 AM
I want CornerBack Haden of Florida as our # 1 pick but I think he probably won't be around at #18. Just think that Revis was picked right before us last year .

Dylan
01-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I want CornerBack Haden of Florida as our # 1 pick but I think he probably won't be around at #18. Just think that Revis was picked right before us last year .

just to let you know revis got picked ahead of us 3 years ago...when we drafted lawrence timmons....and i also would like haden but he wont fall that far...i want Earl Thomas

supa_fly_steeler
01-11-2010, 03:54 PM
just to let you know revis got picked ahead of us 3 years ago...when we drafted lawrence timmons....and i also would like haden but he wont fall that far...i want Earl Thomas

we all want earl thomas

Galax Steeler
01-11-2010, 03:55 PM

I agree I want to see Earl Thomas in Black and Gold as well. I hate that Revis slipped out of our grasp three years ago. We wouldn't be having this problem at corner now.

surcalifero
01-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Mostly all mock drafts I've check have Cody going late in the first round. If he is available I say we pick him up because he can surely stuff the middle.

ricardisimo
01-12-2010, 03:49 AM
I agree I want to see Earl Thomas in Black and Gold as well. I hate that Revis slipped out of our grasp three years ago. We wouldn't be having this problem at corner now.

He didn't quite "slip" out of our grasp. Tomlin learned a very painful lesson that year about keeping his big mouth shut during pre-Draft interviews.

I'm somewhat interested in that Mays kid from USC. It would be interesting to have two USC safeties - and I believe Pete Carroll's first and last - on the field for the same team.

MasterOfPuppets
01-12-2010, 03:55 AM
Mostly all mock drafts I've check have Cody going late in the first round. If he is available I say we pick him up because he can surely stuff the middle.
and mike tomlin just loves over weight out of shape linemen....:thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
01-12-2010, 03:58 AM
He didn't quite "slip" out of our grasp. Tomlin learned a very painful lesson that year about keeping his big mouth shut during pre-Draft interviews.

I'm somewhat interested in that Mays kid from USC. It would be interesting to have two USC safeties - and I believe Pete Carroll's first and last - on the field for the same team. pete carroll just took the seattle job...seattle has the 6 th and 14 th pick...we'll find out what carroll thinks of mays in the nfl.....if seattle passes on him at 14..i wouldn't want him at 18 :popcorn:

ricardisimo
01-12-2010, 04:30 AM
pete carroll just took the seattle job...seattle has the 6 th and 14 th pick...we'll find out what carroll thinks of mays in the nfl.....if seattle passes on him at 14..i wouldn't want him at 18 :popcorn:

Well, Seattle has needs everywhere. I wouldn't read too much into it if they take a QB and OT instead of Mays. Now, if they take another safety or DB generally, then your point would be well-taken.

steelcity1974
01-12-2010, 08:18 AM
We have needs everywhere too....so the good thing about the 2010 draft is whoever we take in the first round will be expected to start their rookie year. As opposed to our last two first rounders.

Youngstown Steeler
01-12-2010, 08:53 AM
I'd be ecstatic with a safety for our first pick and a replacement for Hampton with the second. If that means trading back into the first round to accomplish it, I'm all for it.

vrabinec
01-12-2010, 09:17 AM

I'm somewhat interested in that Mays kid from USC. It would be interesting to have two USC safeties - and I believe Pete Carroll's first and last - on the field for the same team.

If you want Mays my bet is that you'll be able to get him in the third. He's gonna slip at the combine. Safeties who are 6'3 230 lbs don't change direction very well, it's just simple inertia. That makes him a poor last line of defense, because all a QB will need to do is look him off or give him a pump fake and his size won't allow him to recover and get back over to the other side of the field. Evne a guy like Sean Taylor who was a far better athlete and was much quicker than Mays had problems with this kind of reaction, and he was only 6'2 215..

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
If you want Mays my bet is that you'll be able to get him in the third. He's gonna slip at the combine. Safeties who are 6'3 230 lbs don't change direction very well, it's just simple inertia. That makes him a poor last line of defense, because all a QB will need to do is look him off or give him a pump fake and his size won't allow him to recover and get back over to the other side of the field. Evne a guy like Sean Taylor who was a far better athlete and was much quicker than Mays had problems with this kind of reaction, and he was only 6'2 215..

Could he possibly be there in the 2nd round like Scott Shields??? :hide:

tony hipchest
01-12-2010, 12:56 PM
pete carroll just took the seattle job...seattle has the 6 th and 14 th pick...we'll find out what carroll thinks of mays in the nfl.....if seattle passes on him at 14..i wouldn't want him at 18 :popcorn:i remember last draft, kirwan was speculating that the seahawks would shock everybody and select mark sanchez with the #4 pick. at the time, i thought it was a sound and smart move. in retrospect, i guess it wouldve been brilliant.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-12-2010, 12:59 PM
i remember last draft, kirwan was speculating that the seahawks would shock everybody and select mark sanchez with the #4 pick. at the time, i thought it was a sound and smart move. in retrospect, i guess it wouldve been brilliant.

Yeah.....did you see what Sanchez said about Carroll opting for the NFL??? Something like "I dont think its a good idea.....statistically speaking not many succeed....".

Basically Sanchez said the same stuff that Pete said about him leaving college for the NFL. :rofl: I'm really starting to like that kid.

ricardisimo
01-12-2010, 03:48 PM
We have needs everywhere too....so the good thing about the 2010 draft is whoever we take in the first round will be expected to start their rookie year. As opposed to our last two first rounders.

That's a bit strong. I wouldn't go equating our situation with the Seahawks just yet, mein freund. We are prolly not taking any skill positions this year, with the possible exception of a Ryan-Succop-type pick at the end. Both lines and DBs, or no?

vrabinec
01-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Could he possibly be there in the 2nd round like Scott Shields??? :hide:

I just blew chow. That was a baaaad stretch for our FO. I think Jeremy Staat was either that draft or the following one, and it wasn't long after the Jermaine Stephens draft. Wow, we had some issues.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-12-2010, 04:59 PM
I just blew chow. That was a baaaad stretch for our FO. I think Jeremy Staat was either that draft or the following one, and it wasn't long after the Jermaine Stephens draft. Wow, we had some issues.

Yeah, but we found some guys like Ward, Porter, Aaron Smith in those drafts too. But dont get me started on Troy Edwards, zo Jackson, or O line projects Kris Farris, Mathias Nkwenti, Bo Lacy. :doh:

polamalu82
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
pete carroll just took the seattle job...seattle has the 6 th and 14 th pick...we'll find out what carroll thinks of mays in the nfl.....if seattle passes on him at 14..i wouldn't want him at 18 :popcorn:

Would say a lot wouldn't it.

I still think Mays will impress at the combine, particularly AL Davis. I think he's a lock for Oakland.

ricardisimo
01-12-2010, 06:51 PM

I stand corrected, evidently. This is from Bouchette's chat, regarding Revis:
Ed Bouchette: Yes, that is one who got away. But I have news for you, MIke Tomlin and Kevin Colbert were going to draft Lawrence Timmons even if Revis had not been drafted by then.
This might be the FO covering its tracks, or he might be right. Either way, that they are claiming that gives a little insight into Colbert and Tomlin's mindset.

Godfather
01-13-2010, 10:22 PM
I stand corrected, evidently. This is from Bouchette's chat, regarding Revis:

This might be the FO covering its tracks, or he might be right. Either way, that they are claiming that gives a little insight into Colbert and Tomlin's mindset.

I don't think Tomlin's comments made that much of a difference. The Jets wouldn't waste a #1 pick on someone just to keep him away from us. And nobody thought Revis would be there in the second round.

NY wanted him and took him...the only thing that could have changed from knowing we wanted Revis is the Jets might have been willing to trade down.