2. Kyle Calloway OT Iowa
3. C.J Wilson DE East Carolina
4. Brian Jackson CB Oklahoma
5.Darryl Sharpton ILB Miami
6. Curtis Steele RB Memphis
7.Duke Calhoun WR Memphis

revefsreleets
01-15-2010, 11:13 AM
I like the first 3 picks at least....not sure we go that way, but IF the FO has faith in the young DB's it's at least a plausible scenario....

Nadroj 20
01-15-2010, 11:19 AM
1. Terrance Cody Dt Alabama
2. Kyle Calloway OT Iowa

Curtis Steele...really dont know anything about him but his name is perfect :chuckle:

Texasteel
01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
1. Terrance Cody Dt Alabama
2. Kyle Calloway OT Iowa

Interesting Mock bud, I have to admit, I don't know anything about Steele either.

Do you have an idea want to do about the safety position. We should get a couple of comp. picks or maybe FA. Or do you think we may have the answer on the team already?

revefsreleets
01-15-2010, 12:22 PM
We'd almost HAVE to address safety via FA with this scenario. It is a need, and this draft ignores it completely. Troy coming back is great, and providing we find a way to keep Clark, we have our starters, but there HAS to be some contingency plan when there are injuries, and there WILL be injuries.

groundhogday
01-15-2010, 08:59 PM
After the combine, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cody drop deep into the second and possibly into the 3rd. If we take him in the first, I'll be bummed when there will be so many better players available at that time including OL, DL, S, LB, and RB.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2010, 12:48 AM
After the combine, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cody drop deep into the second and possibly into the 3rd. If we take him in the first, I'll be bummed when there will be so many better players available at that time including OL, DL, S, LB, and RB.
its possible, but with the demand for 3-4 NT i'd say he's early 2nd at the least... last year ron brace was the 40th pick. his college resume and play was inferior to codys. to many teams have 30+ yr old NT's to not take a gamble on him.and with the growing popularity of the 3 - 4 its going to get even more difficult to find guys. what kinda condition he shows up at the combine will be the diff between 1 st and 2nd for the fat bastard.

Texasteel
01-16-2010, 08:54 AM
its possible, but with the demand for 3-4 NT i'd say he's early 2nd at the least... last year ron brace was the 40th pick. his college resume and play was inferior to codys. to many teams have 30+ yr old NT's to not take a gamble on him.and with the growing popularity of the 3 - 4 its going to get even more difficult to find guys. what kinda condition he shows up at the combine will be the diff between 1 st and 2nd for the fat bastard.

If Cody becomes our target, you think it may be a good idea to trade down? I've read that Detroit may be interested in a O-lineman. They likely will not use the 3rd pick on it, I've been reading they go for a DT, which could make the 18th pick attractive to them. If we could get their 2nd and 3rd, maybe even their second 5th rounder. Then use our 4th round to move up from #50, we might have a chance at Cody and Spikes. Then with two 3rds and hopefully a few 5th rounders, we could have some flexibility on the second day.

groundhogday
01-16-2010, 11:41 AM
I've read where Williams has drawn comparisons to Haloti Gnata. I'm not real familiar with Williams but if that's the case I could see the Steelers taking him at 18th. Gnata is a beast. Based on Rooney's comments of getting back to one of the Steeler Foundations of running when they need to, I totally see us going OL come hell or high water. If Hampton gets resigned, he's easily got 3 good years left I think.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-16-2010, 12:17 PM
If Cody becomes our target, you think it may be a good idea to trade down? I've read that Detroit may be interested in a O-lineman. They likely will not use the 3rd pick on it, I've been reading they go for a DT, which could make the 18th pick attractive to them. If we could get their 2nd and 3rd, maybe even their second 5th rounder. Then use our 4th round to move up from #50, we might have a chance at Cody and Spikes. Then with two 3rds and hopefully a few 5th rounders, we could have some flexibility on the second day.

I think Detroit definately goes LT in the draft.

They spent the pick on QB Stafford and have some weapons around him like Pettigrew, Johnson, Smith....yet wasted a premium pick on Cherilus who cant play LT. Jeff Bakus isnt gonna be protecting Stafford's blindside much longer, so I can see Russell Okung going there.

steelerdave1969
01-16-2010, 01:47 PM
I think the Steelers should take a long look at FS Antoine Bethea of the Colts. I think he would be a great compliment to Troy myself. And if they get that done then this is the way I would love to see them go.

1. OG Mike Iupati 6'6" 330 lbs Idaho
2. DT Terrence Cody 6'5 365 lbs Alabama

This would add beef to both sides of the ball and help both lines, even if it means the Steelers trading up into the top 10 of the 2nd round to get Cody.

RJ1670
01-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Unfortunately, there is now way the Steelers would get Bethea. He'll be a restricted free agent with no new CBA in place. The Colts will give him the highest tender, more than likely. That would mean the Steelers would give up our 1st and 3rd round picks that you want to use on Iupati and whoever you want in the third. Then we would have to give Bethea a big contract. I don't see any of that happening.