PDA

View Full Version : John Edwards - exposed

Fire Haley
01-12-2010, 12:22 PM
No pics - It's a long read - 10 pages - fascinating stuff. Shows you just how politicians will say anthing to get elected no matter what.

Saint Elizabeth and the Ego Monster

A candidate whose aides were prepared to block him from becoming president. A wife whose virtuous image was a mirage. A mistress with a video camera. In an excerpt from the new book Game Change—their sweeping account of the 2008 campaign—the authors reveal that, inside the Edwards triangle, nothing was too crazy to be true.

After the story broke, things went from bad to worse. John and Elizabeth were fighting all the time, sometimes all night long. On more than one occasion, she announced to the staff that she could no longer speak in public on her husband’s behalf or stay in the same hotel with him. Once, in the middle of the night, she woke up a trip director and commanded, Get me out of here! I’m not campaigning for this asshole another day!

At other times, Elizabeth seemed intent on convincing herself that Young was indeed the father. She ordered the campaign staff to assemble an elaborate chronology of the previous months, establishing the nights when Young and Hunter might have been in the same city. “When were they together?” she demanded. “We need to figure this out!”

Confronted then with the Enquirer photo of her husband cuddling Hunter’s baby, she insisted to Palmieri that she still believed he was not the father. “I have to believe it,” Elizabeth said. “Because if I don’t, it means I’m married to a monster.”

http://nymag.com/news/politics/63045/#ixzz0cEAisuTN
---------------------------------

Sex, lies and videotapes - it sounds like a 'Lifetime' movie

If this story about his knocked up mistress broke a couple months later he could already have been Obama's VP candidate.

What fun that would've been

SteelCityMom
01-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Lol, I was thinking it was the psychic John Edwards...I was gonna say, that douche was exposed a long time ago.

Good stuff though, good stuff...it is very much like a retarded lifetime movie.

GBMelBlount
01-12-2010, 04:58 PM
I like John Edwards because he cares about the little guy (from within his castle).

His fight for the common worker who has been exploited and fleeced by evil and greedy capitalists is quite noble.

I think we need more self less, ethical, caring, honest and decent liberal politicians like John Edwards to protect us from the greed and corruption which is only a trait of freedom and capitalism.....NOT of the government or unions. :chuckle:

AllD
01-12-2010, 05:39 PM
A tiger (Woods) cannot change its stripes.

Fire Haley
01-12-2010, 07:58 PM
The Silky Pony will never ride in politics again

I hath spoken