PDA

View Full Version : Im so tired of hearing....

TheButt
01-31-2006, 08:19 PM
I apologize for this rant...

Im so tired of hearing how "I respect the hawks" "I respect Shaun" blah blah... It will be a tough game blah blah blah...!! Has anyone looked at their schedule this year !! It was a freakin joke !! A JOKE !! Dallas was a good game and coulda won... Giants took them to overtime... other then that they played nobody!!! NOBODY !!

Their defense aint chit -- and Hasselbeck aint chit --they faced cupcakes all year long. Well the party is over Seadogs. Pain is coming. Not from Arizona - Not from St. Loius-- Not from the Niners --not from the Titans--not the Iggles --surely not the mighty mighty deadskins or the no running game whatsoever panthers. Your actually gonna play a complete team this week.

Oh and keep thinking our secondary is a weak link. I guess you all dint see the game against the dolts... and keeping thinking our D cant stop Shaun... I guess you dint see the game against the horseys who averaged more yards a game then your mighty mighty seadog team.... your done. Its over. Goodbye and thanx for coming.

Mods feel free to move this to the furnace is you so choose. But I want everyone to see this. Cause its truth.

Hawk Believer
01-31-2006, 08:24 PM
Just because the NFC was weaker this year doesn't mean the Hawks can't be a great team. I hope the Steelers have the same attitude you do.

tony hipchest
01-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Just because the NFC was weaker this year doesn't mean the Hawks can't be a great team. I hope the Steelers have the same attitude you do.
dont hold your breath. they dont.

steelers will be approaching this game in the perfect frame of mind. you better hope the seahawks are ready to match the intensity.

not to say seattles a bad team. but counting on the steelers being overconfident is grasping at straws.

83-Steelers-43
01-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Polamalu, Porter, Haggans, Foote, Farrior.....that's all I gotta say.

SteelersNation7
01-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Seattle doesnt have a chance. ...and by the way it doesnt matter what we say....Pittsburgh will NOT over look Seattle.....
And yes I find it funny anyone who thinks Hasslebeck will give the Steelers any trouble compared to facing Manning,Palmer and JAke on the road....Peyton is the smartest QB in the NFL. No one studies and knows the game like he does....and when he faced the Steelers....he had no clue.....And Matt's supposed to do what? To that Defense?

seahawksfan
01-31-2006, 08:47 PM

steelers will be approaching this game in the perfect frame of mind. you better hope the seahawks are ready to match the intensity.

not to say seattles a bad team. but counting on the steelers being overconfident is grasping at straws.

There is no question that the Seahawks will play at the highest intensity. The original poster's premise is BS. BS belongs in the crapper not the Blast Furnace.

Hawk Believer
01-31-2006, 08:48 PM

Nah, I respect the organization too much to really think that.

3 to be 4
01-31-2006, 08:48 PM

agreed. if theres one thing they have learned from 1994, 1996, 1997,2001,and 2004 is to not assume ANYTHING.:bouncy:

Hawk Believer
01-31-2006, 08:54 PM
Seattle doesnt have a chance.
That is a ludicrous statement. And it wouldn't be any less ludricrous next Monday if the Steelers won by 50.

tony hipchest
01-31-2006, 09:24 PM
agreed. if theres one thing they have learned from 1994, 1996, 1997,2001,and 2004 is to not assume ANYTHING.:bouncy:thats exactly my point. and a large core of veteran leaders were present for both 2001 and the 15-1 team last year.

steelguitar
01-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Being a couch coach it just don't matter. Steelers 42 sea****s 13

Infamix
01-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Look it's any given sunday, anything can happen

3 to be 4
01-31-2006, 09:30 PM
like the last two games i really think you'll know by the Steelers first 2 possessions.
If thy come out firing i can see them getting up 10-0 and blowing the Seahawks away.

if they play it cautious it'll be a looong fight.

marksashton
01-31-2006, 09:37 PM

Im so tired of hearing how "I respect the hawks" "I respect Shaun" blah blah... It will be a tough game blah blah blah...!! Has anyone looked at their schedule this year !! It was a freakin joke !! A JOKE !! Dallas was a good game and coulda won... Giants took them to overtime... other then that they played nobody!!! NOBODY !!

Their defense aint chit -- and Hasselbeck aint chit --they faced cupcakes all year long. Well the party is over Seadogs. Pain is coming. Not from Arizona - Not from St. Loius-- Not from the Niners --not from the Titans--not the Iggles --surely not the mighty mighty deadskins or the no running game whatsoever panthers. Your actually gonna play a complete team this week.

Oh and keep thinking our secondary is a weak link. I guess you all dint see the game against the dolts... and keeping thinking our D cant stop Shaun... I guess you dint see the game against the horseys who averaged more yards a game then your mighty mighty seadog team.... your done. Its over. Goodbye and thanx for coming.

Mods feel free to move this to the furnace is you so choose. But I want everyone to see this. Cause its truth.

Hey, all they did was win 13 games. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat. What more can they do? In terms of their defense not being "chit" - tell that to the Carolina Panthers. Seattle managed to "shut down" the unshuttable Steve Smith when the experts said it couldn't be done. Hasselbeck is in the Pro Bowl this year and threw a heck of a lot more TD's this year than Big Ben. BTW, the only offense remotely close to as good as Seattle's (Indy) beat your team this year. Food for thought?

PS - yes, I know Pittsburgh beat Indy in the playoffs. Kudos. But Indy peaked early and were past their prime. Seatle would have beaten them as well.

steelguitar
01-31-2006, 10:28 PM
And Pitt Would have beat Wash. And Carolina allso. Go STEELERS.

Rust-Buster
01-31-2006, 11:06 PM
I guess the point of the original poster was we should all be haters. I don't see why you can't believe in your team, and still see the strengths of the other team.. I'm pretty sure that's what good players do. Don't underestimate your opponent. It feels good to vent, and get rabid. It's kind of fun. But it really doesn't matter how much you slather about your team. It's what they do on game day that matters.

SuperSteelers
02-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Exactly, it's what they do on gameday that matters. The Steelers organization are taking heed to rule #1: "Respect your enemy". It's when you lose that respect, you put yourself in a situation where you "may" lose the game.

Seattle is getting respect from the Steelers organization. Seattle should be worried... the Steelers are FOCUSED.

syde18T
02-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Like I said before, and what some others have said as well, this game is going to be a lot closer than people think. The matchup is a lot more closer than people think as well. While I do believe that Seattle's strength of schedule will affect them in some way, I do not think that will warrant a blow out, or not even a sure word that they will indeed lose. I think it's better to say that this will be close, and be satisfied in the end, rather than expecting too much and getting very little, and then feeling speechless about it.

Lets not forget that this is PRO football, not college, where a lower caliber team is usually the one who always loses.

bozz723
02-01-2006, 11:02 AM
In all honesty....

It would take a complete catastrophe for the Steelers to lose this game. I am talking a catastrophe beyond the likes of the 01' Patriots or last years AFC title game.

I'm talking 7 turnovers, you know something along those lines. Facts are facts, we have the seahawks schedule we would be undefeated right now, even with Tommy Gun throwing down field.

I'm not saying the Steelers can't lose, I'ma saying that I like our chances alot.:chug: :sign08: :sign10:

seahawksfan
02-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Like I said before, and what some others have said as well, this game is going to be a lot closer than people think. The matchup is a lot more closer than people think as well. While I do believe that Seattle's strength of schedule will affect them in some way, I do not think that will warrant a blow out, or not even a sure word that they will indeed lose. I think it's better to say that this will be close, and be satisfied in the end, rather than expecting too much and getting very little, and then feeling speechless about it.

Lets not forget that this is PRO football, not college, where a lower caliber team is usually the one who always loses.

Strength of schedule has no affect on this game. The only affect is on the brain's of those fans who use it as crutch to prop up their take on why their team will win. Which is why this board exists...which is why I'm here to run smack. LOL.

whatsyurprob
02-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Why is it that I get the feeling U Steeler fans haven't even thought about losing? Your arrogance has long been over-riding your a$$es. Be honest, , , how many of U can actually say that you've seen more than two games the HAWKS have played this year?

When the playoffs started, 95% of the national media didn't give us a chance. Same goes (went) for your team. Well, , , what happened? We both just WON is all. U can't bet that A$$ both teams are looking at the so-called experts with utter disdain. We're very much alike in that regard. MOF, theses same experts are still calling us a "finesse" type of defense. Looks like they got a convenient case of amnesia in the last couple of weeks. So, why all this animosity? I mean, , it's not like we're, Cleveland (Thank God).

Another "food for thought" statement. .. Jerome Bettis, has already lost this game for U. Think about it! What do U think the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS are going through right now knowing that Bettis, was given the 'Key to the City' on Monday? I kinda feel sorry for U fans. U really believe the hype. :toofunny:

TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS

syde18T
02-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Why is it that I get the feeling U Steeler fans haven't even thought about losing? Your arrogance has long been over-riding your a$$es. Be honest, , , how many of U can actually say that you've seen more than two games the HAWKS have played this year?

When the playoffs started, 95% of the national media didn't give us a chance. Same goes (went) for your team. Well, , , what happened? We both just WON is all. U can't bet that A$$ both teams are looking at the so-called experts with utter disdain. We're very much alike in that regard. MOF, theses same experts are still calling us a "finesse" type of defense. Looks like they got a convenient case of amnesia in the last couple of weeks. So, why all this animosity? I mean, , it's not like we're, Cleveland (Thank God).

Another "food for thought" statement. .. Jerome Bettis, has already lost this game for U. Think about it! What do U think the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS are going through right now knowing that Bettis, was given the 'Key to the City' on Monday? I kinda feel sorry for U fans. U really believe the hype. :toofunny:

TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS

While I'm not a Steelers fan, I do know that pride in team and at times, a bit of arrogance is what comes in the package of being a diehard football fan. We all know that this entire week is going to be nothing but smack talk between the hawks and stillers fans. That's just the fun part of being a fan, rooting for your team.

Make no mistake about it, that this whole ordeal with Jerome Bettis returning home for a Super Bowl is something the media is using to create a storyline. Every Super Bowl comes with some type of storyline to make it entertaining to the viewing public. Don't think that it's what the Steelers are using as a "crutch" to prove that they will win. Everything you pretty much see or hear about the hype and stories is from the works of the media to spice things up for entertainment purposes.

melroseplace
02-01-2006, 12:06 PM
I kinda feel sorry for U fans. U really believe the hype. :toofunny:

hype is one of the few things about the Steelers we don't believe in. I believe in the players, coaches and staff to get the job done, nothing else

Steve_Courson's_Liver
02-01-2006, 12:08 PM
The seahawks can only play the teams set in front of them... and they have done well. There have been many years where the Steelers played cupcake schedules and there is nothing they can do about it.

That being said... I think it really helps to have real challenges during the season. I was actually happy to see the Bengals finally become a good team. It pushed the Steelers to become better. Playing the Chargers on the road and Ben driving down for the game winning FG to seal it built character. Getting their asses kicked by Indy the first time was the best thing to happen to the Steelers. It showed them what they needed to correct. Seattle has had no character building moments this season. They beat no quality opponents on the road. I think this will show itself in the Superbowl.

thumb 2 come
02-01-2006, 12:11 PM

TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS

Sure they are happy he got it
A. He is from Detriot
B. He donates 100's of thousands of dollars to inner city projects every year to the city
Not really bulliten board material.

I have seen quite a few of your games cause I have Sunday ticket and a friend who comes over on sundays that is a hawks fan.
Your team has not really proven much
An anemic skins team no offense and a battered defense/ A panthers team 4th string back and the only viable option is steve smith shut him down nothing= a very tired defense.

Lets see cincy/indy/denver hmm enough said. no 12th man soory bout your luck.

Oh and thank your tight end bust for getting our d pee'd off

syde18T
02-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Strength of schedule has no affect on this game. The only affect is on the brain's of those fans who use it as crutch to prop up their take on why their team will win. Which is why this board exists...which is why I'm here to run smack. LOL.

Bottomline, we won't know until this Sunday. But as I explained in the other thread started by markashton (I think that was his name), looking at Seattle's schedule and their record against the 4 winning record teams (I didn't count Indy, as they didn't play their starters) of 2-2, sort of gives me a picture on where Seattle's caliber may lie in this matchup. I may be wrong, but it's just an analysis. Something we're all doing before the game even starts.

jbone19
02-01-2006, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=whatsyurprob]Why is it that I get the feeling U Steeler fans haven't even thought about losing? Your arrogance has long been over-riding your a$$es. Be honest, , , how many of U can actually say that you've seen more than two games the HAWKS have played this year?

Actually, I have seen all of the Seahawks games this year because I have Sunday ticket and they are my favorite NFC team. However, based on what I've seen RECENTLY with both teams. I've never seen a team more on a role, than the Steelers are right now. I think they could beat the NFC Pro Bowl team by the way they are playing right now. I don't think either team will run the ball with much success. But, I think Ben will handle the pressure better than Matt and will just have a huge game throwing the ball. We'll see! :cool:

melroseplace
02-01-2006, 12:52 PM
The seahawks can only play the teams set in front of them... and they have done well. There have been many years where the Steelers played cupcake schedules and there is nothing they can do about it.

That being said... I think it really helps to have real challenges during the season. I was actually happy to see the Bengals finally become a good team. It pushed the Steelers to become better. Playing the Chargers on the road and Ben driving down for the game winning FG to seal it built character. Getting their asses kicked by Indy the first time was the best thing to happen to the Steelers. It showed them what they needed to correct. Seattle has had no character building moments this season. They beat no quality opponents on the road. I think this will show itself in the Superbowl.

I completely agree...with the exception of being happy that Cincy was good this year. it's hard for me to even admit that haha

Steve_Courson's_Liver
02-01-2006, 01:00 PM
I completely agree...with the exception of being happy that Cincy was good this year. it's hard for me to even admit that haha

LOL,... Well, I am not happy for Cincy, but I was happy to see that a team in the Afc North could push the Steelers and force them to get better. Strong divisional opponents will only make the Steelers better in the playoff run.

Brady12
02-01-2006, 01:35 PM

The only team in the playoffs, that their schedule indicates they weren't as good was Jacksonville. Seattle beat Washington, they beat Carolina. They Won all but 3 games. For someone to say a Super Bowl team does not deserve to be here, and their team is terrible is absolutely (As my good friend Drew Rosenhaus says) Absurd! As you all may see, I'm not leaning towards one team or the other to win, i'm defending both teams in topics. :smile: We all know... WE ALL KNOW That if these roles were reversed, you all would not say anything close to this about the Steelers.

It's really as simple as this. 2001. Divisionals. New England vs Oakland. Patriots win 16-13. Championships. New England vs Pittsburgh. Patriots win against the favourited Steelers 24-17. Super Bowl. New England vs St.Louis. Barely anyone thought they deserved to be there either, no way New England can beat the Greatest Show on Turf. New England 20 St.Louis 17. It doesn't matter who you played during the season, what matters is how you play in the big dance. It is as simple as that.

Or when Broadway Joe and the Jets were 18 point underdogs, and they defeated heavily favoured Indianapolis.

OX1947
02-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Seattle has a chance if Pitt turns the ball over 3 or 4 times. But if the Steelers do not make mistakes in this game, Seattle will get killed. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a steeler fan, thats just the facts.

clevestinks
02-01-2006, 02:20 PM
My problem is this, yes seattle had a weaker schedule than we did. But its only one game now! Just 60 minutes! I feel like we have the better team, BUT one bad break in a game like this , and you never know! This goes both ways!

Still I say Steelers 27 seattle 10

83-Steelers-43
02-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Seattle has a chance if Pitt turns the ball over 3 or 4 times. But if the Steelers do not make mistakes in this game, Seattle will get killed. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a steeler fan, thats just the facts.

That goes for any game and for any team. Normally when you turn the ball over three to four times, you lose the game. Thankfully, Ben's right arm is a Marine issued sniper rifle and our fumbles (with the exception of Willie last game) have been limited.

seahawksfan
02-01-2006, 02:38 PM

This is fact? Better roll another doobie and think twice before you run with the big boys with that kind of post. The Steelers will make mistakes. No team plays a perfect game.

seahawksfan
02-01-2006, 02:42 PM
My problem is this, yes seattle had a weaker schedule than we did. But its only one game now! Just 60 minutes! I feel like we have the better team, BUT one bad break in a game like this , and you never know! This goes both ways!

Still I say Steelers 27 seattle 10

I agree on this being one game. One game baby. Let it roll. Correctumundo about bad breaks; Carson Palmer being the poster child for bad breaks (literally and figurtively). I can't make a score prediction until Saturday night...but I will say Seattle rolls as it's offense gets off to a quick start.

83-Steelers-43
02-01-2006, 02:43 PM
This is fact? Better roll another doobie and think twice before you run with the big boys with that kind of post. The Steelers will make mistakes. No team plays a perfect game.

There's a difference between playing a "perfect game" and not putting the ball on the ground three or four times. He never stated anything about a "perfect game". Read.

Ambridge
02-01-2006, 02:46 PM
I've always been a firm believer as a Steeler fan not to open my mouth or post anything of a Bragadocious nature before a game.

You really look like an idiot if things don't happen the way you predict they will and the less you talk definately equates to the amount crow you have to eat and the number of eggs you have to wipe off your face if your team doesn't happen to have a good day and loses the game.

Like it or not Seattle is a good team and have just as good a chance of winning on Sunday as the Steelers.

83-Steelers-43
02-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Like it or not Seattle is a good team and have just as good a chance of winning on Sunday as the Steelers.

Not exactly sure who that post was directed towards. But I'm not stating that Seattle doesn't have a chance. But I don't see us losing. I'm not going to go over to the Seahawk MB's, act like an ass and bash their team. I'm not like that. Try to keep it cool and calm for the most part.

At some point in time, you get tired of reading opposing team's fans come in here and bash us to no end and having them talk as If they already won the Super Bowl. I vented.

Ambridge
02-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Not exactly sure who that post was directed towards. But I'm not stating that Seattle doesn't have a chance. But I don't see us losing. I'm not going to go over to the Seahawk MB's, act like an ass and bash their team. I'm not like that. Try to keep it cool and calm for the most part.

At some point in time, you get tired of reading opposing team's fans come in here and bash us to no end and having them talk as If they already won the Super Bowl. I vented.

Not directed at anyone. Just adding my thoughts on the matter.:cool:

83-Steelers-43
02-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Not directed at anyone. Just adding my thoughts on the matter.:cool:

Okie dokie. Sorry for the assumption. :peace:

melroseplace
02-01-2006, 03:15 PM
yes seattle had a weaker schedule than we did. But its only one game now! Just 60 minutes!

my thoughts exactly...this entire season it's been one game at a time, there's no need to jump ahead now. obviously everyone's thinking about "what if..." but right now it needs to be treated like every other game...the goal is to go out there and play your best football

83-Steelers-43
02-01-2006, 03:21 PM
All I'm going to say and excuse my language..........The Steelers are going to bring the mother%#&@#%& house on Sunday and Hasselback will feel the Steel wrath that comes with it.

clevestinks
02-01-2006, 06:36 PM
I agree on this being one game. One game baby. Let it roll. Correctumundo about bad breaks; Carson Palmer being the poster child for bad breaks (literally and figurtively). I can't make a score prediction until Saturday night...but I will say Seattle rolls as it's offense gets off to a quick start.
You pick seattle???? I thought we had you coming around!