PDA

View Full Version : Eagles fans assault Woman Wearing Romo Shirt

BrandonCarr39
01-12-2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/011110_Woman_Wearing_Romo_Jersey_Assaulted_In_Beth lehem

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Police are investigating a reported assault on a 27-year-old Lehigh Valley woman as she was going to the convenience store Friday night.

Jamie Wert said she was wearing a Dallas Cowboys football shirt with quarterback Tony Romo's name and number on the back while walking on Spruce Street in Bethlehem.

That's when she says she was approached by two men wearing Philadelphia Eagles jerseys.

When one of them said, "Hey, Romo," she turned around and was struck with something that cut her face.

"I had blood running down my neck, all down the front of my shirt," Wert told Fox 29 News. "When I came home I had to wash everything off. It was scary."

Wert said the attack shook her up but also made her even more determined to show her Dallas pride, including a sign hanging over the front porch that says, "Kill the Birds," and "Go Cowboys."

Police said they're now looking for the two men wearing the Eagles shirts in connection with the assault, although the woman couldn't give them much of a description.

devilsdancefloor
01-12-2010, 09:07 PM
That is scarey! Some folks have serious issues!

NJarhead
01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
What a couple of scum bags. Don't Eagles fans realize what assholes they are? ....many, not all of them.

X-Terminator
01-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Ah, Killadelphia...you never, ever let me down...

fansince'76
01-12-2010, 10:01 PM
I only hope the cops catch the assholes who did it and they get the book thrown at them. :mad:

Nadroj 20
01-12-2010, 10:09 PM
I hope these guys are caught too....it's a game nothing worth literally hurting someone over

steelerdude15
01-12-2010, 10:54 PM
I take Steelers football seriously, but I'd never hurt anybody over the game.

OneForTheToe
01-12-2010, 11:44 PM
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/011110_Woman_Wearing_Romo_Jersey_Assaulted_In_Beth lehem

Police said they're now looking for the two men wearing the Eagles' shirts in connection with the assault, although the woman couldn't give them much of a description.

Do they think they are still wearing the same clothes? :noidea:

Oh yea, this should be easy. Just find two guys wearing Eagles' Jerseys.

Piece of cake.

Of course, it would be easier if they had been Jags' fans. It wouldn't take long to go through the tens of fans that attend their games.:coffee:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Wow, it's just a football game, not life and death. Douchebags. Philthadelphia, you bastards never surprise me.

Galax Steeler
01-13-2010, 04:00 AM
It's hard to believe that someone would do this over a football game.:doh:

lionslicer
01-13-2010, 06:29 AM
I hate Eagles fans. Worst fans in any sport.

drizze99
01-13-2010, 08:10 AM
I currently live in the "Philadelphia Area" and it is true, Philly fans rank at the top as far as asshole fans go. It doesn't matter, male or female they are all savage idiots.

When I go to any sporting event, I wear either my Steelers jersey or Penguins jersey and I have to hear the Philly fans and their loud mouths....

At the beginning of this current hockey season, I bought my son who is 8 to the Flyers vs. Penguins game and he wore his Crosby jersey (I am raising my kids to be Pittsburgh fans). They were giving him all kinds of shit for that jersey. We all know how much Crosby is hated in Philly but c'mon, the kid is 8. They were ignorant and cussed like sailors and they didn't care that he was a child.... I f-ing hate Philly fans... I get so much satisfaction when we kick their ass in ANY sport.

burghfanlv
01-13-2010, 08:21 AM
There's a fine line between a passionate sports fan and someone who simply takes sports way too seriously. Most Philadelphia fans fall into the latter category. Anyone who would harm someone else over something that stupid needs to get a life.

The sad part is this happened 20 minutes from where I live. Makes me think twice before I wear stuff that ticks off the local Philly fans. :cya:

HometownGal
01-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Why am I not surprised? :shake01:

They should put these SOB's front and center in the middle of Texas Stadium, make 'em wear McNabb jerseys, hand each Cryboys fan a stick upon entering the stadium and have a pinata party with 'em at halftime. :thumbsup:

Texasteel
01-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Do they think they are still wearing the same clothes? :noidea:

Oh yea, this should be easy. Just find two guys wearing Eagles' Jerseys.

Piece of cake.

Of course, it would be easier if they had been Jags' fans. It wouldn't take long to go through the tens of fans that attend their games.:coffee:

Morons like this will probably be bragging to someone about their brave act. I hope whoever they brag to has the gut to call the police.

klick81
01-13-2010, 10:05 AM
I can only hope that someday these idiots are left without professional sports teams. What douchebags.

Edman
01-13-2010, 10:38 AM
I hate the Cowboys as much as the next guy, but no one deserves to be assaulted over a freaking game. Especially not a woman.

Typical Scum Philly fans. Kinda lessens the sting of seeing the Cowboys win if it means watching Philadelphia suffer some more.

Crow-Magnon
01-13-2010, 10:42 AM
It's hard to believe that someone would do this over a football game.:doh:

I take it you've never spent much time in the Philly area.

I worked there for seven years. I'm not surprised one tiny bit. In fact, I'm surprised that's all they did to her.

OneForTheToe
01-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Morons like this will probably be bragging to someone about their brave act. I hope whoever they brag to has the gut to call the police.

That is a good point. The authorities should be searching vid or pic hosting sites on the Internet. Morons like this might have snapped a photo.

memphissteelergirl
01-13-2010, 11:11 AM
There's a fine line between a passionate sports fan and someone who simply takes sports way too seriously. Most Philadelphia fans fall into the latter category. Anyone who would harm someone else over something that stupid needs to get a life.

Amen to that!

As passionate and fanatical as I am about Steeler football and U of Memphis football and basketball, I would like to think I wouldn't get to a point where I would actually do physical harm to the fan of an opposing team.

The guys who did this sound like real mental cases (but that's Iggles fans for ya).

steelreserve
01-13-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm somewhat surprised to hear that. Most Eagles fans I've ever met are just depressed and cynical.

But yeah, if you're going to actually throw things at people and get in fights over a football game, you're doing it wrong.

steelerdude15
01-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Cincy, Bmore, and Philly fans = Classy:flap:

smokin3000gt
01-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Those guys are real feckin' tough.. too bad she wasn't packin' a pistol

4xSBChamps
01-13-2010, 06:08 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/Phlyerphans-loserssince1975.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/DonovanMcNabbEaglesTrophyCase.jpg

STAY-THIRSTY

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/MariotakesaslugafterGm7Rd409.jpg

my Philthadelphians!!!!!

St33lersguy
01-13-2010, 06:16 PM
I am not surprised at all, living in the Lehigh Valley area in eagirl territory, I have to put up with these asshole Eagles fans. I find karma in the Eagles always coming close so many times yet not winning because that is what these obnoxious fans get, and those 2 losses to the cowgirls is what these jerks get

Crow-Magnon
01-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Cincy, Bmore, and Philly fans = Classy:flap:

There is no comparison. Memorial Stadium, nor M&T Bank, ever had a jail in them like the Vet and the Linc did.

Like the Vet, Lincoln Financial Field (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Financial_Field)had a jail inside the stadium, that contained four cells. However, this jail was done away within two years as the level of unruly behavior had dropped considerably from the worst days of the Vet.

Maybe now they just take the worst behavior outside the arena.

SteelersMongol
01-13-2010, 07:48 PM
How do they treat the Steelers? I'm just curious. Because my cousin is going there.

St33lersguy
01-13-2010, 08:08 PM
How do they treat the Steelers? I'm just curious. Because my cousin is going there.

I have been heckled by some Eagles fans and from my experiences they don't seem to like the steelers that much. Of course I think that's because the eagles choke every year and the steelers don't

SteelerEmpire
01-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Their "Fandom" has become "Fandamonia"...

SMR
01-14-2010, 05:08 PM
oh man! my baby brother went to Drexel College and lived in Philly during that time. He told me he couldn't wait to get outta there cuz the people were plain crazy and he wasn't even talking about the Eagles fans!
:chuckle:

beSteelmyheart
01-14-2010, 05:53 PM
What a bunch of friggin bottom feeders.
A part of me wants to say that she shouldn't have done that, but then again it's still a scumbag, lowdown insecure bully piece of shit thing to do to somebody.
No wonder their trophy case is so bare-it's gotta be karma.

Angus Burgher
01-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Eagles fans are the biggest bunch of assholes in Pennsylvania, next to Ratbird fans. What a couple of scumbags.