PDA

View Full Version : Team Needs

Dylan
01-12-2010, 10:00 PM
What does everybody think our top 5 needs are in order that we should target in the draft
Mine are:
1. Secondary
2. Defensive Line
3. Offensive Line
4. Linebacker
5. Runningback (in the event of fwp departure)

supa_fly_steeler
01-13-2010, 12:02 AM
I dont think we need a running back we got some good ones in redman and the lsu guy

Aussie_steeler
01-13-2010, 01:36 AM
If Casey signs
1a. O line - top 20 talent that will anchor the steeler line for 10 years
1b. Free Safety - backup in 2010, replaces Ryan Clark in 2011
1c. Strong Safety - immediate backup with good coverage skills
1d Outside Linebacker - immediate backup with good pass rush skills
1e. Late round Special teams sleeper - someone who doesnt have great measurables but is just a player. Kamikaze approach to special teams play and overachieves in all aspects of the game. ( competes at strong safety or inside linebacker)

If Casey doesnt sign
1a. NT - top 20 talent that will anchor the steeler line for 10 years
1e. Late round Special teams sleeper - someone who doesnt have great measurables but is just a player. Kamikaze approach to special teams play and overachieves in all aspects of the game. ( competes at strong safety or inside linebacker)

Depending on Casey this yea.rs first round pick needs to anchor a BIG line. Joe Haden / Rolando McClain / Earl Thomas would be bonus picks if they eventuated

supa_fly_steeler
01-13-2010, 03:04 AM
If Casey signs
1a. O line - top 20 talent that will anchor the steeler line for 10 years

If Casey doesnt sign
1a. NT - top 20 talent that will anchor the steeler line for 10 years

Depending on Casey this yea.rs first round pick needs to anchor a BIG line. Joe Haden / Rolando McClain / Earl Thomas would be bonus picks if they eventuated

hey man nice picks but id thought we need inside linebacker more than outside cus of farriors age?

Aussie_steeler
01-13-2010, 04:01 AM
hey man nice picks but id thought we need inside linebacker more than outside cus of farriors age?

going into next season we have three good ILBs signed. If one gets injured we still function as a team

We only have 2 good OLBs and if one goes down we are screwed.

Thats the reason for my selection. We have 10 picks ( my guess) in the draft and ILB needs to be one of them. I would have put ILB at #6 on my list

simonsfs30
01-13-2010, 11:53 AM
going into next season we have three good ILBs signed. If one gets injured we still function as a team

We only have 2 good OLBs and if one goes down we are screwed.Thats the reason for my selection. We have 10 picks ( my guess) in the draft and ILB needs to be one of them. I would have put ILB at #6 on my list

I think its almost the same in our defense if farrior goes down fox gets in the mix if harrison or woodley goes down timmons get to the outside and fox ILB