PDA

View Full Version : Raiders could target Bruce Arians.

zulater
01-12-2010, 11:10 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/324268-the-raiders-could-target-bruce-arians

Don't be surprised if the Raiders interview Bruce Arians for their upcoming head coaching vacancy. Tom Cable is expected to get the ax because of the way that he handled Al Davis favorite JaMarcus Russell and Arians has a track record of developing quarterbacks.

The demand for Arians is low as is the list of individuals that would even consider taking a job with the Raiders.

Arians was the first NFL quarterback coach of Peyton Manning. He is credited for developing Manning in the early stages of his NFL career. Additionally, Ben Roethlisberger has enjoyed the two best statistical seasons of his career under Arians.

Al Davis could target Arians because of his track record with Manning and Roethlisberger. Additionally, Davis typically wants the Raiders to run a pass heavy offense.

Despite Arians' success as Steelers offensive coordinator, fans and the media are critical of his play calling. During the 2009 season, the Steelers performed poorly on third down and in red zone situations. Many sources claim that the criticism caused Arians to leak information related to his job security. The aforementioned information led some to believe that his firing was imminent.

Although the Steelers have decided to retain Arians for the 2010 season, he only has one year left on his contract and is rumored to want out of Pittsburgh.

Arians would be wise to accept an offer, even if it is from a dysfunctional franchise like the Oakland Raiders. His future in Pittsburgh is questionable and his market value could tank if the Steelers have a bad 2010 season.

stillers4me
01-12-2010, 11:13 PM
I know this is just a blog and therefore as credible as twitter ( :chuckle:) but far be it from me to want Bruce to miss out on the chance of a lifetime. :wink02:

Nadroj 20
01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
In order to be interviewed a person has to be interested!! I do not see Arians wanting a head coaching job mainly because of health reasons.

Plus it's bleacher report.....I just don't see it happening

zulater
01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
I know this is just a blog and therefore as credible as twitter ( :chuckle:) but far be it from me to want Bruce to miss out on the chance of a lifetime. :wink02:

Well the Raiders got to hire someone don't they? :toast:

stillers4me
01-12-2010, 11:20 PM
In order to be interviewed a person has to be interested!! I do not see Arians wanting a head coaching job mainly because of health reasons.

It's Oakland. He only has to worry about working there for a year or or less before crazy Al fires him and then he can retire.

zulater
01-12-2010, 11:23 PM

What health concerns does Bruce have that would allow him to be an NFL assistant coach but would preclude him from a head coaching assignment?

Nadroj 20
01-12-2010, 11:23 PM
It's Oakland. He only has to worry about working there for a year or or less before crazy Al fires him and then he can retire.

So why does that make sense for him?

Or Oakland?

stillers4me
01-12-2010, 11:24 PM
What health concerns does Bruce have that would allow him to be an NFL assistant coach but would preclude him from a head coaching assignment?

He had prostate cancer.

Nadroj 20
01-12-2010, 11:27 PM

Nothing short term..(he did have cancer tho)...IMO if you take a head coaching job your looking to do it for awhile and I actually saw him retiring soon.....maybe after next season

that's why it just doesn't make alot of sense to me....just my opinion

zulater
01-12-2010, 11:30 PM
So why does that make sense for him?

Because he's coming up on the last year of his contract and it's fairly obvious to most that he's not wildly popular within the orginization. With a Head coaching job he'll receive a minimum of a 3 year contract at a greater salary.

Plus Oakland truly has some talent if he can figure out a way to get Jamarcus out of the picture.

For the Raiders it makes sense because there will be very few with resumes comparable to Arains who would have any interest in the Raiders job.

Do I expect it to happen? No

But there's certainly a reasonable chance it could happen.

stillers4me
01-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Nothing short term..(he did have cancer tho)...IMO if you take a head coaching job your looking to do it for awhile and I actually saw him retiring soon.....maybe after next season

that's why it just doesn't make alot of sense to me....just my opinion

Head coaching jobs in Oakland are notoriously short term. :coffee:

zulater
01-12-2010, 11:33 PM
He had prostate cancer.

God bless him. But with had being the key word, I still don't see much difference between being a top assistant and the head coach in how that relates to his current state of health?

Nadroj 20
01-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Head coaching jobs in Oakland are notoriously short term. :coffee:

So why take it if that's your logic? Money maybe I guess but...

I'm sorry it just doesn't make sense to me.....

Nadroj 20
01-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Because he's coming up on the last year of his contract and it's fairly obvious to most that he's not wildly popular within the orginization. With a Head coaching job he'll receive a minimum of a 3 year contract at a greater salary.

Plus Oakland truly has some talent if he can figure out a way to get Jamarcus out of the picture.

For the Raiders it makes sense because there will be very few with resumes comparable to Arains who would have any interest in the Raiders job.

Do I expect it to happen? No

But there's certainly a reasonable chance it could happen.
I suppose this all is true but I don't see it happening....

devilsdancefloor
01-12-2010, 11:40 PM
well it only makes sense most of the time BA does call al davis ball.:noidea:

tony hipchest
01-12-2010, 11:48 PM
it makes total sense to me. al is crazy and senile enough to do it plus, i could see arians hop on the 1st plane to zimbabwe, if an nfl head coaching job awaited him when he landed.

word is, al davis was at the local caddilac dealership, shopping for a customised hearse, and the salesman told him he should probably consider bruce arians to resurrect jamarcus russells career. :hunch:

ricksteelers55
01-12-2010, 11:49 PM
yeah it could make sense....so it will not happen :p

that is al davis philosophy,if it makes sense dont do it

tony hipchest
01-12-2010, 11:54 PM
yeah it could make sense....so it will not happen :p

that is al davis philosophy,if it makes sense dont do itthats why it makes so much sense! al subscribes to the charlie manson philosophy... no sense makes sense. :screwy:

SteelerNation12
01-13-2010, 12:06 AM
please let it be true!

OneForTheToe
01-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Well the Raiders got to hire someone don't they? :toast:

I'll do it. Brush up on your single wing boys.

MACH1
01-13-2010, 12:20 AM
BA would be a perfect fit for the raaaiders. Long ball all day.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-13-2010, 12:50 AM
the guy that wrote this is a freelance blogger from Pittsburgh....so what does he know about the Raiders??? For all we know, it could be Zulater that wrote this. I say it has 0.01% chance of happening.

I say we focus our energy on praying that Carey Davis is replaced. :thumbsup: It almost worked for me last year.

Steeldude
01-13-2010, 01:11 AM
it would make sense for the raiders to take arians. arians loves al davis football.

devilsdancefloor
01-13-2010, 01:19 AM
the guy that wrote this is a freelance blogger from Pittsburgh....so what does he know about the Raiders??? For all we know, it could be Zulater that wrote this. I say it has 0.01% chance of happening.

I say we focus our energy on praying that Carey Davis is replaced. :thumbsup: It almost worked for me last year.

but but but he looked so good in sweats on the sidelines:wink02:

Glace
01-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Al Davis: "I am pleased to announce my new head coach and puppet....BRUCE ARIANS!"

New media "rumor"....."Ben asking to be traded to Oakland? Steelers mum on situation"

Unnamed reporter: "I got this information from a former credible source, and I apologize it wasn't true"

Bruce Arians: (deleting sent items from e-mail) "heh heh heh heh heh"

ljk2442
01-13-2010, 02:11 AM
wont happen, sorry

Aussie_steeler
01-13-2010, 02:58 AM
According to raidernation it looks like Jim Harbaugh is the front runner for the job.

solardave
01-13-2010, 04:09 AM

Go for it Bruce.

MasterOfPuppets
01-13-2010, 04:59 AM
According to raidernation it looks like Jim Harbaugh is the front runner for the job.
harbaugh has already said he has no intentions of leaving stanford back when his name was being kicked around for the notredame job.

Aussie_steeler
01-13-2010, 05:11 AM
harbaugh has already said he has no intentions of leaving stanford back when his name was being kicked around for the notredame job.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/07/jim-harbaugh-a-stealth-candidate-for-bills-raiders-jobs/

There has been some speculation that the Buffalo Bills (who don't currently have a head coach) and the Oakland Raiders (who currently do) could be interested in hiring Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh.

A league source tells us that it's more than speculation; the brother of Ravens coach John Harbaugh is, we're told, a "stealth" candidate for both jobs.

The poster on raiders forums are getting there hopes up with some of the reports coming out from bloggers / twitterers / general net users / so called journalists.

I dont know who to believe now in the web 2.0 world.:noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
01-13-2010, 05:35 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/07/jim-harbaugh-a-stealth-candidate-for-bills-raiders-jobs/

The poster on raiders forums are getting there hopes up with some of the reports coming out from bloggers / twitterers / general net users / so called journalists.

I dont know who to believe now in the web 2.0 world.:noidea:
this is from dec....

"Though the rumor mill has been running full gear, my resolve and future proudly remains as head coach at Stanford University," Harbaugh said in a statement issued Saturday. "The reports of the last 24 hours are untrue, though I respect the University of Kansas and athletic director Lew Perkins.

"I trust this puts an end to these rumors and reports,

he just got an extention on his contract thru 2014 ...:noidea:

Aussie_steeler
01-13-2010, 05:52 AM

I think he (Harbaugh) has a good gig at Stanford. The raider nation fans are convinced that Al will go after a coach who has a good track record against USC ( dont ask me why). Apparently Sarkisian was another name.

Its hard to imagine who Al is going to convince to coach the raiders.

zulater
01-13-2010, 06:58 AM
this is from dec....

College coaching contracts aren't even worth the paper they're printed on, at least from the standpoint of inhibiting the coach's ability or willingness to leave.

That said, Harbaugh seems like too much of an up and comer to have any genuine interest in the coaching purgatory that is the Raiders job.

Guys like Arians, Brian Billick who can't beg a serious interview elsewhere, Dick Jauron, guys down to their last option would be the ones I envision actually having genuine interest in that job if it comes open.

Personally if I were them I'd keep Cable. But Cable wants no part of Crazy Al's pet project Jamarcus Russell.

lionslicer
01-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Its possible... All most every single head coach hired under Al Davis has been offensive minded. (O-Cooridators, Oline Coaches, WR coaches etc)
I think it would be stupid if they hired Bruce, but hey, they can have him :P

MasterOfPuppets
01-13-2010, 07:58 AM
College coaching contracts aren't even worth the paper they're printed on, at least from the standpoint of inhibiting the coach's ability or willingness to leave.

That said, Harbaugh seems like too much of an up and comer to have any genuine interest in the coaching purgatory that is the Raiders job.

Guys like Arians, Brian Billick who can't beg a serious interview elsewhere, Dick Jauron, guys down to their last option would be the ones I envision actually having genuine interest in that job if it comes open.

Personally if I were them I'd keep Cable. But Cable wants no part of Crazy Al's pet project Jamarcus Russell.
oh theres no doubt about that...kiffen just proved it. i agree 100%...any coach that has any nfl potential and half a brain is gonna steer clear of oakland....maybe the raiders should give mike leach a call....:chuckle:

zulater
01-13-2010, 10:48 AM
oh theres no doubt about that...kiffen just proved it. i agree 100%...any coach that has any nfl potential and half a brain is gonna steer clear of oakland....maybe the raiders should give mike leach a call....:chuckle:

That would be a perfect fit .And Jamarcus wouldn't even mind being locked in the utility closet, as long as there was a box of donuts in with him :rofl:

Prok
01-13-2010, 12:03 PM
please let it be true!

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

I know this much. I'll be sure to mention it at prayer time tonight.

:tt:

memphissteelergirl
01-13-2010, 12:36 PM
As much as I'd love to see the back of Arians, why would he leave the sweet deal he's got in Pittsburgh to go what amounts to pro football purgatory (some would argue hell, I imagine :chuckle:)...with the "Cryptkeeper" for a owner and a starting QB who makes a half-a***d effort on the field? :noidea:

stlrtruck
01-13-2010, 01:02 PM
All I ask is if they target him...PULL THE TRIGGER!

steelreserve
01-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah, that'd be a great move, Al. Hire a pass-happy coach for a team whose only strength is the running game, and who has probably the worst starting QB in the NFL for at least a decade. Brilliant. Of course, that's kind of what Al Davis is known for these days.

Maybe I'm just being picky, but did the Raiders even fire their current coach yet? Or is everyone just kind of assuming that's going to happen.

Prok
01-13-2010, 01:14 PM

Yet another :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: moment.

AllD
01-13-2010, 03:58 PM
You sure this wasn't posted on the sports page of "The Onion"?

mesaSteeler
01-13-2010, 06:59 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl:

devilsdancefloor
01-13-2010, 07:10 PM

that is classic you win!:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

ricardisimo
01-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Can we please ban bleacherreport once and for all? If there were an article on bleacherreport saying that ricardisimo is god and everyone should pay him money, I would still want everyone to ignore it.

There's no point in linking to this site. It's like putting quotation marks around your own posts. Why would you bother doing that? Why is your own opinion less valid than some schmo on bleacherreport?

MACH1
01-13-2010, 07:15 PM

Hater :chuckle:

St33lersguy
01-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Please hire peabrains, please, please, please hire the peabrained OC

HometownGal
01-13-2010, 09:27 PM

Very classy. NOT.

I don't put stock in anything posted from this rag but if the story holds any water, though I'd be sad to lose BA, I'd wish him well if he was offered and accepted the HC position though I'd think he lost his marbles. :eyecrazy:

Who in their right mind would want Weird Al as a boss? :horror:

Psyychoward86
01-13-2010, 10:02 PM
please. take him

stlrtruck
01-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Hater :chuckle:

At times, YES! :chuckle:

Very classy. NOT.

I don't put stock in anything posted from this rag but if the story holds any water, though I'd be sad to lose BA, I'd wish him well if he was offered and accepted the HC position though I'd think he lost his marbles. :eyecrazy:

Who in their right mind would want Weird Al as a boss? :horror:

We just hold a different position on BA. If he were to leave, I would be none the more upset. I am beginning to think that we won the last SB in spite of him, not because of him. And we'll just have to agree to disagree on our position on him.

But you're right, who would want to work for Al!?

fansince'76
01-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Can we please ban bleacherreport once and for all? If there were an article on bleacherreport saying that ricardisimo is god and everyone should pay him money, I would still want everyone to ignore it.

There's no point in linking to this site. It's like putting quotation marks around your own posts. Why would you bother doing that? Why is your own opinion less valid than some schmo on bleacherreport?

Careful, talk like that will get you branded a "guru" or something. It's the MEDIA, so you better believe it without question or reservation! :popcorn:

FacemeIke
01-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Why would he want to leave a job that he can't get fired from? He can start reports that hes being fired and still not lose his job.

tyler289
01-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Careful, talk like that will get you branded a "guru" or something. It's the MEDIA, so you better believe it without question or reservation! :popcorn:

Since when is bleacherreport the media?

It's not. There may be some freelancers on there, but 99% of it is just fans and people who think they are part of the media, but are not.

SCSTILLER
01-14-2010, 02:10 PM

It's not. There may be some freelancers on there, but 99% of it is just fans and people who think they are part of the media, but are not.

I am pretty sure that '76 was laying on the sarcasm

fansince'76
01-14-2010, 02:16 PM

But isn't everything on the Intrawebs true? :chuckle:

fansince'76
01-14-2010, 02:18 PM
I am pretty sure that '76 was laying on the sarcasm

We need a sarcasm smiley. :chuckle:

Indo
01-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Let me offer this for community use:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/sarcasm2.gif

SCSTILLER
01-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Let me offer this for community use:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/sarcasm2.gif

Oh yeah, that would work perfectly

steelerdave1969
01-14-2010, 08:13 PM

My thoughts exactly my friend... they can have him.:popcorn:

HometownGal
01-14-2010, 10:27 PM
At times, YES! :chuckle:

We just hold a different position on BA. If he were to leave, I would be none the more upset. I am beginning to think that we won the last SB in spite of him, not because of him. And we'll just have to agree to disagree on our position on him.

But you're right, who would want to work for Al!?

Who the hell ever said we won the Super Bowl because of him? :banging: You do realize that he created and called the game winner, don't you?

Yes, we do hold a different position and that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect that, but what you posted was extreme and really quite vicious. I was shocked something like that would come from you. :shake02:

devilsdancefloor
01-14-2010, 10:47 PM
2 things divide steeler nation 1 BA 2 sweed.

MACH1
01-15-2010, 12:45 AM
2 things divide steeler nation 1 BA 2 sweed.

Three.......Gurus and Braintrust. :sofunny:

HometownGal
01-15-2010, 07:36 AM

I've asked revs to knock it off with that juvenile Braintrust :bs: and I'm asking you to please do the same.

plenewken
01-15-2010, 08:10 AM
I'll pay for his one way ticket to OAK. :chuckle:

stlrtruck
01-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Who the hell ever said we won the Super Bowl because of him? :banging: You do realize that he created and called the game winner, don't you?

Yes, we do hold a different position and that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect that, but what you posted was extreme and really quite vicious. I was shocked something like that would come from you. :shake02:

I don't understand how you think it was vicious? If you think I meant actually "shooting" him, that's not what I meant. My comment was meant that if they are targeting him as an option, then pull the trigger and hire him. In no way did I mean an actualy physical shooting. Sorry if it came across that way.

Psyychoward86
01-15-2010, 06:27 PM
1 things divides steeler nation 1 BA

fyp

revefsreleets
01-15-2010, 06:32 PM

Hmmmmmmm.....seems a certain faction of posters who have been awful WRONG are getting a little chippy...

Psyychoward86
01-15-2010, 06:36 PM
what is this "gurus and braintrust" thing

4xSBChamps
01-15-2010, 06:42 PM

I don't have a clue, but it's quite humorous to an outsider (maybe because I don't know what is going-on)

now in central Florida, I'm trying to assimilate, so I have joined a Tampa Bay Buccaneer forum, and what passes for 'legends' (I think this is their term for long-time members) may-be some of the least-knowledgeable football fans I've seen

tony hipchest
01-15-2010, 06:43 PM

:chuckle: just a little fun (for the majority, anyways).

Hmmmmmmm.....seems a certain faction of posters who have been awful WRONG are getting a little chippy... ahhh... progress. admitting you have a problem is the 1st step to recovery.

pepsyman1
01-15-2010, 06:44 PM

Nothing of any real consequence Psyyco... let it die before someone starts it all up again...lol

tony hipchest
01-15-2010, 06:45 PM
to sum it all up, anyone who had a problem with arians play-calling or thought that the FO might have a problem with it was deemed "the braintrust".

anyone who specualted that arians head might be on the chopping block also wore that label. :hunch:

oh... and one only needs to read revs sig to see where "guru" comes from.

revefsreleets
01-15-2010, 07:13 PM

There was a group, a clique, if you will, of group-think posters who decided that Arians had to go....they also seem to think Sweed is not a bust. I chided them a bit and adopted the moniker "braintrust" because they were so sure they knew better than the FO and pretty much considered their judgment above reproach. Since they knew best, and I was for sure "wrong", the deemed me "the guru".

Anyway, they decided that Arians had to go, and all sorts of chicanery and nonsense ensued...turns out they were wrong about that (and several other peripheral matters), and, well, that didn't sit too well with them. It's one thing to point out ill-formed opinion proactively, when nothing has actually been decided, but Lordy Lordy can a group of people get pissy when you tell them they are GOING to be wrong and then it turns out they are.

So, there's some sour grapes...to say the least.

We are supposed to drop the namecalling, but they are a little slow on the uptake on that one, too....

HometownGal
01-15-2010, 09:25 PM
So, there's some sour grapes...to say the least.

Sadly, I think that about sums it up. :shake01: Unfortunately, even on the internet, no one likes being wrong but just as in real life, you suck it up and move on.

X-Terminator
01-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Sadly, I think that about sums it up. :shake01: Unfortunately, even on the internet, no one likes being wrong but just as in real life, you suck it up and move on.

Exactly. And that is why most of these threads end up resembling a war zone, when they really shouldn't.

lionslicer
01-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Exactly. And that is why most of these threads end up resembling a war zone, when they really shouldn't.

:]
I don't hate being wrong, I just always go against people who try to go against me first. If I am wrong I take every road I can to make them think they are wrong, or atleast go "mhmm maybe we're both right or wrong" Even though with anything else I'm the biggest pushover in the world.

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2010, 09:57 PM

and thats different than any political threads ? talk about sour grapes and moving on ...maybe the GOP'ers here might wanna buy into the "moving on"...:noidea:

tony hipchest
01-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Exactly. And that is why most of these threads end up resembling a war zone, when they really shouldn't.these threads are nothing compared to the obama threads in the locker room. over a year later, people who were wrong still arent able to suck it up and move on. lots of sour grapes yet to be squashed. :noidea:

unfortunately theres a certain board dynamic that says bashing obama= good/ bashing arians = bad.

if there is such a problem, maybe the bashing of anyone should be banned, or the bashing of anyone should be allowed, while telling everybody who dont like it to quit complaining and grow some thicker skin. :hunch: (just an idea).

i dont think having a double standard of who is bashable and who isnt serves our MB community any good. this board is made up republicans and democrats, arians fans and non arians fans, steelerfans and non steelersfans, meat eaters and vegans, christians and non believers, etc.

some people are gonna have to come to grips with the fact that the steelers offensive results of '09 didnt meet the standards expected by the owners of the franchise, nor the majority of its fans.

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2010, 10:29 PM
i've even seen it suggested somewhere, and thought it was a splendid idea... that if you don't like the contents of a thread,or disagree with it then don't open it ...and i don't think its written anywhere in the coc that you have to reply to a thread or poster...what a novel idea ... if people would stop replying to threads they don't agree with and pushing thier opinions like its the gossple then i guess there wouldn't be said warzones.

X-Terminator
01-15-2010, 10:33 PM
What the hell does politics or those political threads have to do with this? This is the Steelers forum - political discussions don't belong here.

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2010, 10:41 PM
What the hell does politics or those political threads have to do with this? This is the Steelers forum - political discussions don't belong here. none the less its the SAME people posting in the steelers forum as the locker room. so when those same people criticize other posters for the exact same behavior that they engage in themselves, even if it is on a different subject...it kinda comes off as a bit hypocritical don't ya think ?

so would it better if non arians supports stuck to phrases like ..."bend over and grab your ankles" ,....would that be more acceptable ?

X-Terminator
01-15-2010, 10:53 PM
none the less its the SAME people posting in the steelers forum as the locker room. so when those same people criticize other posters for the exact same behavior that they engage in themselves, even if it is on a different subject...it kinda comes off as a bit hypocritical don't ya think ?

Nevermind. I was going to answer, but why bother? I'm sick of the whole damn thing, to be quite honest.

fansince'76
01-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Nevermind. I was going to answer, but why bother? I'm sick of the whole damn thing, to be quite honest.

Yep, it really isn't worth it at this point.

tony hipchest
01-15-2010, 10:57 PM
What the hell does politics or those political threads have to do with this? This is the Steelers forum - political discussions don't belong here.
:rolleyes:

good one!

X-Terminator
01-15-2010, 11:01 PM
:rolleyes:

good one!

Do you want to explain to me when the hell I've ever brought politics into this forum?

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2010, 11:03 PM
exactly !!! your opinion isn't going to change mine, and my opinion isn't going to change yours... the only difference is i'm not going to frustrated and act all butt hurt because i can't get you to agree with me.. i find it hilarious when people have to go on record to show thier "board frustrations" , with goofey statements like " i can't take this place anymore" , or " i need a break from here".... :toofunny: ...its just as easy to not log on as it is to not reply.... and if a mb full of strangers can bother you that much...maybe you should give up on posting...:noidea:

zulater
01-15-2010, 11:33 PM
I don't understand how you think it was vicious? If you think I meant actually "shooting" him, that's not what I meant. My comment was meant that if they are targeting him as an option, then pull the trigger and hire him. In no way did I mean an actualy physical shooting. Sorry if it came across that way.

It's hard to imagine someone could really take that literally. :doh::chuckle:

zulater
01-15-2010, 11:35 PM
exactly !!! your opinion isn't going to change mine, and my opinion isn't going to change yours... the only difference is i'm not going to frustrated and act all butt hurt because i can't get you to agree with me.. i find it hilarious when people have to go on record to show thier "board frustrations" , with goofey statements like " i can't take this place anymore" , or " i need a break from here".... :toofunny: ...its just as easy to not log on as it is to not reply.... and if a mb full of strangers can bother you that much...maybe you should give up on posting...:noidea:

Amen. I think the first time you find yourself tempted to put someone on ignore you're a victim of message board fatigue and proably need to take a walk or something. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Amen. I think the first time you find yourself tempted to put someone on ignore you're a victim of message board fatigue and proably need to take a walk or something. :chuckle:
no doubt... the people who are the top candidates for others to put on ignore, are the ones i laugh at the most... i find it very ammusing when people take themselves so seriously.

tony hipchest
01-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Do you want to explain to me when the hell I've ever brought politics into this forum?

WHOOOOSH!!!!

but you did bring up a "war zone" in this thread, did you not?

this isnt the war thread, therefore you cannot use that as an analogy, metaphor or even an example. :coffee:

Prok
01-16-2010, 12:12 AM
please. take him

Henny Youngman (or however it's spelled).

"Take my OC. PLEASE !! :chuckle:

[/joke]

revefsreleets
01-16-2010, 10:54 AM

Rather than accept being wrong on matter A, it's easier to deflect and point out other area's where they were a little less wrong...in this case, matter B being Obama's election...which has been so very great for the Country so far, I might add...

Typical deflection. Predictable and boring....don't man up....simply point out examples of others being wrong, and cry REALLY hard and loud about it.

This wouldn't be so bad if the people who are on the wrong side of this argument would have had a little decorum about it all leading up to them being 100% completely full of shit, but.....no....it went around, and it comes around. I'm enjoying watching them whine and squirm right now....