PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu leaked too much info in Media Day

Infamix
01-31-2006, 09:14 PM
is what I heard on NFL Total Access, but I missed the media day...does anybody know if this is true?

Animal
01-31-2006, 09:28 PM
That would cause a big leak!

Infamix
01-31-2006, 09:30 PM
lol I heard he revealed too much information on the Steelers blitz packages and stuff like that, that's what Trent Dilfer said and Lincon Kennedy kind of agreed.

Koopa
01-31-2006, 09:31 PM
maybe he was leaking a fake game plan

drizze99
01-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Yea, he talked a lot about the blitz packages and our schemes.

Here is our Media Day video (http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/steelers/demand/060131steelersvideo.rm&proto=rtsp&rbnkey=1&rpcontexturl=http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass/includes/promo&rpcontextwidth=417&rpcontextheight=275)

Infamix
01-31-2006, 09:39 PM
maybe he was leaking a fake game plan

That's what I was thinking, maybe Cowher set it up as a decoy. Remember what Cowher said before the Colts game about the gadget plays pulled on the Bengals? "We have some left in the bag that we want to use." They didn't use any trick plays against them though, but maybe that's because the right time never came.

augustashark
01-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Come on guys, you know that it does not matter if you know whats coming or not!!! It's all about execution!!!!

They know we are going to try and run the ball no suprise there, but them stopping us ahhh there is the problem!

Stlrs4Life
01-31-2006, 09:47 PM
I hear ya, I'm sure Troy didn't leak anything that the Seahawks don't already know?!

marksashton
01-31-2006, 09:54 PM
Come on guys, you know that it does not matter if you know whats coming or not!!! It's all about execution!!!!

They know we are going to try and run the ball no suprise there, but them stopping us ahhh there is the problem!

I totally agree with you. It's funny. When I used to hear the jocks talk about the importance of "making the play" it always seemed very cliche'. But now I've come to recognize - like you - that it's all about execution. If a guy misses a tackle or drops the ball or misses the hole then you're not making plays.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2006, 11:39 PM
The team has been very well coached on what to say and not to say..they know what they can talk about. And it isnt like teams havent seen us on film a million times.. its one thing to try and figure out the blitzes on film, but its completely different on gameday. Every defensive coor. all year has spent Steelers weak trying to figure out what we do and how we do it.

Hasnt worked out for them so far. We'll be fine.

CASTEEL
02-01-2006, 01:25 AM
I screwed up in responding..sorry

melroseplace
02-01-2006, 12:57 PM
hmm that must've been in the second half of his interviewing. I was semi-listening to him talk as I was getting ready for class and the majority of what he was asked about was his spirituality and how it affected his game and teammates

melroseplace
02-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Yea, he talked a lot about the blitz packages and our schemes.

Here is our Media Day video (http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/steelers/demand/060131steelersvideo.rm&proto=rtsp&rbnkey=1&rpcontexturl=http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass/includes/promo&rpcontextwidth=417&rpcontextheight=275)

:( the sound cuts out for me right after Ben starts talking. did that happen to anyone else? I really wanted to see it

SteelerFanInCA
02-01-2006, 04:24 PM
All that crap goes out the window on Sunday. Regardless of what scheme you might think is happening, you still have to figure out a way to stop it.

syde18T
02-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Also remember when the divisional round game at Indy, the Steelers blitz was pretty much read by Manning the whole time, but that still didn't stop it from coming, and yet they were still able to get to Manning. The whole league knows what type of blitzing defense Pittsburgh is. Now whether they are able to stop it is the real question to be pondering....

SteelCityMan786
02-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Something tells me he was giving a fake.