PDA

View Full Version : LLT's Mock Draft and Prospect Breakdown

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-13-2010, 06:14 AM
Well its that time of year. Those who have been around for awhile know that I am a self-professed "Draft-Geek". I have been posting most of my thoughts in several threads but just to keep my breakdowns in order (and to make it easier to find later) I will try and primarily keep my mock drafts and prospects here.

I would be happy to give my thoughts to anyone who has questions in regards to specific players. I actually enjoy the research.

Here is my latest Mock Draft:

1/12/2010

1. STL DT Ndamukong Suh
2. DET DT Gerald McCoy
3. TB S Eric Berry
4. WAS QB Sam Bradford
5. KC CB Joe Haden
6. SEA OT Russell Okung
7. CLE OLB/DE Derrick Morgan
8. OAK DE Carlos Dunlap
9. BUF QB Jimmy Clausen
10. DEN ILB Rolando McClain
11. JAC WR Dez Bryant
12. MIA DE Everson Griffen
13. SF OT Anthony Davis
14. SEA RB C.J. Spiller
15. NYG DE Sergio Kindle
16. SF S Earl Thomas
17. TEN DE Corey Wootton
18. PIT NT Dan Williams
19. ATL DE Jason Pierre-Paul
20. HOU CB Patrick Robinson
21. CIN TE Jermaine Gresham
22. NE DE Jared Odrick
23. GB OT Trent Williams
24. PHI RB Jonathan Dwyer
25. NYJ S Taylor Mays
26. BAL WR Brandon LaFell
27. ARI OT Bryan Bulaga
28. DAL OG Mike Iupati
29. MIN CB Syd'Quan Thompson
30. NO OLB Sean Weatherspoon
31. SD NT Terrance Cody
32. IND OT Bruce Campbell

Aussie_steeler
01-13-2010, 06:28 AM
THANK YOU LLT.

Its not officially draft season on steelersfever until LLT cracks the lid open on his first official mock draft thread. I had a gut feeling you werent too far away from getting the ball rolling.

Looks like LLT is starting on the NT pathway for the steelers. Good call - Im guessing you think Hampton is on his way out via free agency for a big pay day.

Its a very solid draft. I am guessing that Pete Carroll would be pretty happy with your picks for Seattle.
49ers also load up very nicely as well.

Bulaga and Iupati are great value in the mid 20's. I wouldnt complain about a trade down if that was the case.

Thanks again brother :drink: I think I might crack open a bottle to celebrate the new draft season.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-13-2010, 06:40 AM
THANK YOU LLT.

Its not officially draft season on steelersfever until LLT cracks the lid open on his first official mock draft thread. I had a gut feeling you werent too far away from getting the ball rolling.

Looks like LLT is starting on the NT pathway for the steelers. Good call - Im guessing you think Hampton is on his way out via free agency for a big pay day.

Its a very solid draft. I am guessing that Pete Carroll would be pretty happy with your picks for Seattle.
49ers also load up very nicely as well.

Bulaga and Iupati are great value in the mid 20's. I wouldnt complain about a trade down if that was the case.

Thanks again brother :drink: I think I might crack open a bottle to celebrate the new draft season.

Gotta go NT at this point...and yea, I think Hampton will end up in Houston.

I am predicting a Safety in the 2nd (Nate Allen)...instead of a CB, even though I acknowledge that CB is a weakness. The CB class is just very weak this year, so barring a miracle and Haden slides, I think that we will grab NT Dan Williams. IF we go CB in the 2nd , I think we might look at Brandon Ghee, out of Wake Forest.

Aussie_steeler
01-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Gotta go NT at this point...and yea, I think Hampton will end up in Houston.

I am predicting a Safety in the 2nd (Nate Allen)...instead of a CB, even though I acknowledge that CB is a weakness. The CB class is just very weak this year, so barring a miracle I think that we will grab Williams. IF we go CB in the 2nd , I think we might look at Brandon Ghee, out of Wake Forest.

I have gotta agree with Nate Allen in the 2nd. The only issue I have at the moment is that one of the quality OLB's might be sitting there when we pick. It would be very hard to pass up Eric Norwood if he was sitting there. I think he could play both OLB and ILB much like Timmons, but more in the Thumper mould that we all covet.

I am leaning towards FS, SS and LB in the first 4 rounds.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-13-2010, 07:14 AM
I have gotta agree with Nate Allen in the 2nd. The only issue I have at the moment is that one of the quality OLB's might be sitting there when we pick. It would be very hard to pass up Eric Norwood if he was sitting there. I think he could play both OLB and ILB much like Timmons, but more in the Thumper mould that we all covet.

I am leaning towards FS, SS and LB in the first 4 rounds.

I like Norwood...he had seven sacks and 11.5 tackles for a loss this year and his versatility in playing both inside and outside raises his value.

I am trying to watch a little more film on OLB O'Brien Schofield... 6'2 250 lbs.... he had 10 sacks and 22.5 tackles for loss this last year and should be there in the 3rd round.

Texasteel
01-13-2010, 07:37 AM
I have gotta agree with Nate Allen in the 2nd. The only issue I have at the moment is that one of the quality OLB's might be sitting there when we pick. It would be very hard to pass up Eric Norwood if he was sitting there. I think he could play both OLB and ILB much like Timmon's, but more in the Thumper mold that we all covet.

I am leaning to wards F'S, SS and LB in the first 4 rounds.

Now the rest of us will be playing catch up.

With the resent influx of DEs, a couple that might play LB in a 3-4 I think there could be a good chance Norwood would be there for us. I am also trying to find a NT in the 2nd in case we do get Thomas, or McClain in the 1st.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Now the rest of us will be playing catch up.

With the resent influx of DEs, a couple that might play LB in a 3-4 I think there could be a good chance Norwood would be there for us. I am also trying to find a NT in the 2nd in case we do get Thomas, or McClain in the 1st.

I dont like very many NT's outside of the 1st.

Torrell Troupe in the 4th and Cam Thomas as a late round gamble?

xfl2001fan
01-13-2010, 08:38 AM
I know that this is more a Steelers thing...but don't you think the Browns will go after Dez Bryant (assuming they don't trade down) instead? They really need a solid WR to play across from Massaquoi and now that Holmgren is in place, the offense will likely get more attention (IMO).

Assuming they trade down, I can see them going after a RT/S/CB instead to fix major holes.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-13-2010, 11:30 AM
I know that this is more a Steelers thing...but don't you think the Browns will go after Dez Bryant (assuming they don't trade down) instead? They really need a solid WR to play across from Massaquoi and now that Holmgren is in place, the offense will likely get more attention (IMO).

Assuming they trade down, I can see them going after a RT/S/CB instead to fix major holes.

Several possibilities for the Browns. With Holmgren now calling some of the shots I have had to rethink what they may do. I think there is a chance they trade down..but if Haden is on the boards, the Browns will grab him. If Haden is gone I dont see them passing on Morgan who is a blue chip 3-4 OLB.

As far as WR's...I think Holmgren is savvy enough to know that WR value translates through out every round...and a player like Golden Tate might be waiting for them in round 2.

xfl2001fan
01-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Several possibilities for the Browns. With Holmgren now calling some of the shots I have had to rethink what they may do. I think there is a chance they trade down..but if Haden is on the boards, the Browns will grab him. If Haden is gone I dont see them passing on Morgan who is a blue chip 3-4 OLB.

As far as WR's...I think Holmgren is savvy enough to know that WR value translates through out every round...and a player like Golden Tate might be waiting for them in round 2.

I have serious reservations as to whether Haden makes it though. He's one of those rare specimens that could easily go Top 3 and likely is a Top 5. I'd certainly prefer him. Good call on Tate in the 2nd round...forgot about him. My biggest thing is that I just don't know that OLB is as big of a concern for us as CB/S/RT is. We could use another one...but this is a deep class of DE's...and I am confident we can find one in the 2nd or 3rd round that suits our needs. Even with Morgan projecting to play well at the next level.

SteelMember
01-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Besides the Steelers, I think the 3 other AFCN could all go WR early.

They all certainly have the need.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-13-2010, 12:10 PM
I have serious reservations as to whether Haden makes it though. He's one of those rare specimens that could easily go Top 3 and likely is a Top 5. I'd certainly prefer him. Good call on Tate in the 2nd round...forgot about him. My biggest thing is that I just don't know that OLB is as big of a concern for us as CB/S/RT is. We could use another one...but this is a deep class of DE's...and I am confident we can find one in the 2nd or 3rd round that suits our needs. Even with Morgan projecting to play well at the next level.

If you want to go WR or DB...then you would almost HAVE to trade down. Berry will be gone. Safety Earl Thomas and CB Patrick Robinson are probably going to go in the mid teens.

If you trade down to...lets say #16....You could get Earl Thomas and another 2nd round pick at about #48...along with a 4th rounder at about #112.

With the two 2nd rounders you could get a a good Safety and a good RT...easily.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Besides the Steelers, I think the 3 other AFCN could all go WR early.

They all certainly have the need.

I think that the Ravens HAVE to WR in the first. The Browns have so many needs that they can wait until the 2nd round. The Bengals could upgrade their passing game by taking the best TE in this draft.

xfl2001fan
01-13-2010, 12:26 PM
If you want to go WR or DB...then you would almost HAVE to trade down. Berry will be gone. Safety Earl Thomas and CB Patrick Robinson are probably going to go in the mid teens.

If you trade down to...lets say #16....You could get Earl Thomas and another 2nd round pick at about #48...along with a 4th rounder at about #112.

With the two 2nd rounders you could get a a good Safety and a good RT...easily.

I can see a scenario where we do trade down about that far as well. I think that if we can get either a CB or a S, the other "missing piece" won't be as hard to cover schematically. Sometimes what looks like several big holes is actually one big hole and one small one...compounded. That's also why I think that OLB is less of a priority for us than maybe some people are looking at. If we can get one DB and then the pass-rushing DB, the other "hole" in the secondary won't be near as bad anymore...because pressure can cover up a poor secondary.

I dont' like the pick of NT for the Steelers...but that's because it doesnt' benefit my team. :P If Anthony Davis (OT) falls, do you guys grab him instead?

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-13-2010, 12:39 PM
I dont' like the pick of NT for the Steelers...but that's because it doesnt' benefit my team. :P If Anthony Davis (OT) falls, do you guys grab him instead?

I think the Steelers need to get younger at NT, ILB, DE, S......before they go OT. I would love the pick of Anthony Davis, but believe since they have Starks under contract for 3 more seasons....they probably dont.

Although, the pick of Davis can put him immediately at RT and allow them to either let Colon go, or tender him a qualifying offer so that he remains a restricted FA.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-13-2010, 12:40 PM
I can see a scenario where we do trade down about that far as well. I think that if we can get either a CB or a S, the other "missing piece" won't be as hard to cover schematically. Sometimes what looks like several big holes is actually one big hole and one small one...compounded. That's also why I think that OLB is less of a priority for us than maybe some people are looking at. If we can get one DB and then the pass-rushing DB, the other "hole" in the secondary won't be near as bad anymore...because pressure can cover up a poor secondary.

I try and set up my drafts by need and value (at this point). If we lose Hampton, we have an IMMEDIATE need for a fat-bodied NT... and since the only two that I like in the first three rounds are 1st rounders (Dan Wiliams & Terrance Cody). I think that the Value demands that we at least look at the position early.

We need an upgrade at CB, but as we were saying earlier, I see little difference in value between 1st rounder Pat Robinson vs 2nd-3rd rounder Brandon Ghee.

At safety I think our best value is 2nd roundre Nate Allen..(Love this guy)

At OT I like Jason Fox who might slide due to end of season injury and most certainly will be available on the second day.

tony hipchest
01-13-2010, 01:52 PM
I think that the Ravens HAVE to WR in the first. The Browns have so many needs that they can wait until the 2nd round. The Bengals could upgrade their passing game by taking the best TE in this draft.

i agree here. although the bengals took that TE in the 2nd round (?) he was said to be completely lost. know who i would get if i were them? matt spaeth. i think he would be perfect as they really dont need a stretch the field TE as much as just anybody to occupy the middle. he would be cheap and help mentor the young'n.

i like him, but he's about as useless as tits on a bull here who isnt used properly (everyone says he sucks at blocking, and he never has a pass thrown his way).

plus we already have about 12 TE/FB hybrids who cant/dont do much of anything.

LLT looking at your 4 round wish list you seem to be of the same mindset as me. lock arians in a closet for the 3 days of the draft and give the entire thing to lebeau. i pointed this out in another thread. the offense hasnt maximized the talent it has been given in the past 3 years. wallace was more of a fluke (pleasant suprise). however i have no doubt hood will produce and timmons/woodley of 3 years ago accumulated 20 of the teams 47 sacks.

i would say give the offense one OL but i am still perplexed why it takes our guys around 4 years to develop. colon is the closest thing weve had to a young starter since faneca, yet you see other teams plug in s. volmer, p. loadholt, or even gaither a coupla years ago, and do fine.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Tony, nobody on our O line is higher than a 3rd round pick, so the Stillers havent exactly invested in guys that are ready to step in right away, but I thought Urbik was going to be the one. The kid had something like 40 starts at Wisconsin(a noted O line producing school) and I hope will challenge for the start next season.

I think if the $$ is gonna be spent on QB, WR, TE.....you probably have to sacrifice O line talent, but drafting some young guys before they are due a payday makes sense. I think we are gonna see an OT selected, since Essex and Hills are the only real depth on the team.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
LLT looking at your 4 round wish list you seem to be of the same mindset as me. lock arians in a closet for the 3 days of the draft and give the entire thing to lebeau. i pointed this out in another thread. the offense hasnt maximized the talent it has been given in the past 3 years. wallace was more of a fluke (pleasant suprise). however i have no doubt hood will produce and timmons/woodley of 3 years ago accumulated 20 of the teams 47 sacks.

i would say give the offense one OL but i am still perplexed why it takes our guys around 4 years to develop. colon is the closest thing weve had to a young starter since faneca, yet you see other teams plug in s. volmer, p. loadholt, or even gaither a coupla years ago, and do fine.

The last time I tried to wrap my head around the possibilities...I thought that we might take:

1) NT Dan Williams: True 3-4 NT with great motor and work ethic.
2) Safety Nate Allen: Can play both safety positions, good speed and can play run and pass.
3) CB Brandon Ghee 6'0 190 lbs ..underrated CB who runs in the mid 4.4 range. Good combination of run support ability and cover skills.
3b) OLB O''Brien Schofield 6'2 248 lbs..runs a 4.63 forty...finished the season with 10 sacks and 22.5 tackles for loss!!
4) OT Jared Veldheer Small school Tackle at 6'8 321lbs ...Big Tackle with good feet and actually knows how to bend his knees.
5) RB Joique Bell I love this guy, Div II player of the year, 96 career TD's we will get a better idea of his worth at the Senior bowl.
5b) Kicker Leigh Tiffin Skippy overvalues his worth and his Kung-fu skills.
6) QB John Skelton[/B 6'5 256lbs third string QB.
]7) [B]TE Nate Byham 6-4 265 lbs...Unlike Spaeth, Byham is very good blocker and has underrated hands

supa_fly_steeler
01-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Hmmm nice draft, im still flabbergasted about Williams he played so bad against the Hokies... Seattle i think would go homer with carroll and get mays or stafon in the first round.

groundhogday
01-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Compared to the OL that would be still be a available in your mock, there is no way we would grab Williams. Maybe Trent Williams. I see us taking Bulaga or Iupati. Davis if he's there. Iupati will be the top G in the draft and if you've seen him play, he's destoyed everybody. I wouldn't be surprised if Cody makes it deep into the second or even third round. Too many concerns.

devilsdancefloor
01-13-2010, 07:48 PM
ok what if we draft mays? should or would the steelers make him a ILB? Just asking i have started looking into the draft maybe in a few weeks i can put something together and you can drop a weight on my head and ask me WHY WHY WHY

Aussie_steeler
01-13-2010, 08:50 PM
LLT - i think that I am going to err on the side of caution and allocate the steelers two 5th and one 7th round compensation pick for the upcoming draft.

I just dont see Goodell giving anymore than that.

#1 Big Ben Fan
01-13-2010, 10:38 PM
The last time I tried to wrap my head around the possibilities...I thought that we might take:

2) Safety Nate Allen: Can play both safety positions, good speed and can play run and pass.
3) CB Brandon Ghee 6'0 190 lbs ..underrated CB who runs in the mid 4.4 range. Good combination of run support ability and cover skills.
3b) OLB O''Brien Schofield 6'2 248 lbs..runs a 4.63 forty...finished the season with 10 sacks and 22.5 tackles for loss!!
4) OT Jared Veldheer Small school Tackle at 6'8 321lbs ...Big Tackle with good feet and actually knows how to bend his knees.
5) RB Joique Bell I love this guy, Div II player of the year, 96 career TD's we will get a better idea of his worth at the Senior bowl.
]7) [B]TE Nate Byham 6-4 265 lbs...Unlike Spaeth, Byham is very good blocker and has underrated hands

This is a very nice mock and I like it. You're the second person that I have seen that has metioned Jared Veldheer so props to you. I have read he is the Sebastian Vollmer of this year which I hope he isn't since Vollmer was drafted in the second round last year. So I do hope he falls to the Steelers in the 4th and he sounds like a real sleeper that actually could develop into an NFL lineman.

Love the Allen, Schofield, Byham picks. Safety is a huge need and Allen is a play-maker that would be a welcomed addition to our secondary.

Schofield reminds me of Clay Matthews Jr.

I'm a Pitt fan so I really like the pick of Byham since he is a very good blocker and easily replace Spaeth's limited role in the passing game. Spaeth is worthless

Steeldude
01-14-2010, 02:16 AM
hard to pass up spikes with the 18th pick.

Aussie_steeler
01-14-2010, 02:39 AM
hard to pass up spikes with the 18th pick.

I think he falls to the second. The first round is loaded and I expect spikes and a few OLB / DE's to also fall.

If he is your target I think you should drop down a bit to get him.

SteelMember
01-14-2010, 08:42 AM

What made you change your mind on the kicker? You previously had Pettrey. Was it the injury?

LLT - i think that I am going to err on the side of caution and allocate the steelers two 5th and one 7th round compensation pick for the upcoming draft.

I just dont see Goodell giving anymore than that.

That sounds about right to me. We might actually only end up with one of those 5th's.

Either way. I hope we package our corresponding picks so we can move up a couple spots earlier. I don't think we need 9 or 10 more bodies in this draft. We have quite a few from last year that still need refining.

I'd go quality over quantity this year.

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2010, 05:16 PM
you might as well give up on that thought of a 3rd rd comp pick....:doh:

tony hipchest
01-14-2010, 07:57 PM
for comp picks, im not sure we even get a 5th and 6th. nate and mcfadden left for good money, but their production with their new teams wasnt much to write home about. im not sure who the 3rd pick would be for.

foote was released.

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2010, 08:01 PM
for comp picks, im not sure we even get a 5th and 6th. nate and mcfadden left for good money, but their production with their new teams wasnt much to write home about. im not sure who the 3rd pick would be for.

foote was released.

....Pittsburgh The Steelers lost three qualifying players and didn't sign any, so they will receive three comp picks. They should receive a fifth-round comp pick for Bryant McFadden, a fifth or sixth (most likely a fifth) for Nate Washington and a seventh for Byron Leftwich.
Quote:
Anonymous said...

Curious on Steelers picks why you see only a 5th for McFadden at $5mil/yr rather than a 4th?

Also same with Leftwich - he signed at 3.25mil/yr.. I'm assuming his limited contribution is what drops him from 6th to 7th rather than his contract $s?
January 9, 2010 1:25 PM
AdamJT13 said...

McFadden signed for $5 million per season, but not all of that counts in the comp formula. Based on his contract and playing time, my formula for estimating the comp picks puts his value in the fifth round. That is based on previous years' comp picks and the annual increases of the thresholds for each round.

Leftwich signed for $2 million per season. His 2010 bonus that was tied to his 2009 playing time -- which he might not have earned anyway -- does not count in the formula. :noidea:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-14-2010, 11:14 PM
I think he falls to the second. The first round is loaded and I expect spikes and a few OLB / DE's to also fall.

If he is your target I think you should drop down a bit to get him.

True, I dont think Spikes is any better than Pozluzny, Maualuga or Laurinaitis were and they were all 2nd round picks. ILB is pretty thin this year and he might still be there at #40.

taztroy43
01-15-2010, 03:39 AM
If Spikes falls to us in the 2nd he will be a STEAL for us.....and I don't believe that the Steelers pass on him if he falls to them in the 2nd!!!!

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2010, 06:38 AM
i'd do backflips if they scored spikes in the 2nd....:applaudit: ...i just don't see it happening with teams like miami, clevland and denver needing ilber help. there's not a whole lot of 3-4 ilber's in this class.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-15-2010, 01:38 PM
If Spikes falls to us in the 2nd he will be a STEAL for us.....and I don't believe that the Steelers pass on him if he falls to them in the 2nd!!!!

I think he gets to the 2nd and would not be opposed to trading up to get him somewhere around #36.

Lets just say the Steelers get a 4th or 5th round comp pick for McFadden or Washington. They can trade the pick they originally hold with their 2nd round pick (#50) to go up and get a kid like Spikes if he is there.

Lets just say they get NT Dan Williams and LB Spikes, or Donovan Warren CB and Spikes or OT Anthony Davis and Spikes.........that would be a decent first day!!!! They can look at Morgan Burnett or Kurt Coleman at safety in the 3rd.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Given a scenerio where we get two 5ths and a 7th....

1) NT Dan Williams, Tennessee ...True 3-4 NT with great motor and work ethic.
2) FS/SS Nate Allen, South Florida ...Can play both safety positions, good speed and can play run and pass.
3) CB Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest ...6'0 190 lbs ..underrated CB who runs in the mid 4.4 range. Good combination of run support ability and cover skills. (CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, of Indiana (PA) is also worth a look here depending on surgury results)
4) OT Jared Veldheer Hillsdale...Small school Tackle at 6'8 321lbs ...Big Tackle with good feet and actually knows how to bend his knees.
5) RB Joique Bell, Wayne St.... I love this guy, Div II player of the year, 96 career TD's we will get a better idea of his worth at the Senior bowl.
5b) Kicker Leigh Tiffin , Alabama ...Skippy overvalues his worth.... and his Kung-fu skills.
5c) OLB Arthur Moats, James Madison.... I talked about this cat earlier in the year. He led the nation with 23.5 tackles for loss. He had 11 sacks and he can play both ILB/OLB
6) QB John Skelton, Fordham... 6'5 256lbs third string QB.
7) TE Nate Byham, Pittsburgh... 6-4 265 lbs...Unlike Spaeth, Byham is very good blocker and has underrated hands
7) SS/FS Aaron Webster ,Cincinnati ....another DB who can play both safety positions. Viscious hitter who can also play the ball. Will need a year or two but could be worth a look in the 7th at a weak position for the Steelers.

Changes: dropped OLB O''Brien Schofield-Word from east west game practice is that he is seriously struggling in coverage. added Arthur Moats- OLB built like Tomlin likes his OLB's, and much like Timmons, he can play inside and outside. added Aaron Webster. The 7th round is for gambles. We could take a chance on a hard hitting SS with speed. I also like Larry Asante the strong safety out of Nebraska, and would take him if he slipped to the 7th round, but I think he will go in the sixth.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Mock draft as of 01/19/10

1. STL DT Ndamukong Suh
2. DET DT Gerald McCoy
3. TB S Eric Berry
4. WAS QB Sam Bradford
5. KC OT Russell Okung
6. SEA QB Jimmy Clausen
7. CLE WR Dez Bryant
8. OAK DE Carlos Dunlap
9. BUF OT Anthony Davis
10. JAC CB Joe Haden
11. DEN ILB Rolando McClain
12. MIA OLB/DE Derrick Morgan
13. SF S Earl Thomas
14. SEA RB C.J. Spiller
15. NYG DE Sergio Kindle
16. SF DE Everson Griffen
17. TEN DE Corey Wootton
18. PIT NT Dan Williams
19. ATL DE Jason Pierre-Paul
20. HOU CB Patrick Robinson
21. CIN TE Jermaine Gresham
22. NE DE Jared Odrick
23. GB OT Trent Williams
24. PHI RB Jonathan Dwyer
25. BAL WR Brandon LaFell
26. ARI OT Bryan Bulaga
27. DAL OG Mike Iupati
28. SD NT Terrance Cody
29. MIN CB Syd'Quan Thompson
30. NYJ S Taylor Mays
31. NO OLB Sean Weatherspoon
32. IND OT Bruce Campbell

Texasteel
01-19-2010, 01:46 PM

2) FS/SS Nate Allen, South Florida ...Can play both safety positions, good speed and can play run and pass.
3) CB Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest ...6'0 190 lbs ..underrated CB who runs in the mid 4.4 range. Good combination of run support ability and cover skills. (CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, of Indiana (PA) is also worth a look here depending on surgury results)
4) OT Jared Veldheer Hillsdale...Small school Tackle at 6'8 321lbs ...Big Tackle with good feet and actually knows how to bend his knees.
5) RB Joique Bell, Wayne St.... I love this guy, Div II player of the year, 96 career TD's we will get a better idea of his worth at the Senior bowl.
5b) Kicker Leigh Tiffin , Alabama ...Skippy overvalues his worth.... and his Kung-fu skills.
5c) OLB Arthur Moats, James Madison...played for James Madison. I talked about this cat earlier in the year. He led the nation with 23.5 tackles for loss. He had 11 sacks and he can play both ILB/OLB
7) TE Nate Byham, Pittsburgh... 6-4 265 lbs...Unlike Spaeth, Byham is very good blocker and has underrated hands
7) SS/FS Aaron Webster ,Cincinnati ....another DB who can play both safety positions. Viscious hitter who can also play the ball. Will need a year or two but could be worth a look in the 7th at a weak position for the Steelers.

Changes: dropped OLB O'Sheffield-Word from east west game practice is that he is seriously struggling in coverage. added Arthur Moats- OLB built like Tomlin likes his OLB's, and much like Timmons, he can play inside and outside. added Aaron Webster. The 7th round is for gambles. We could take a chance on a hard hitting SS with speed. I also like Larry Asante the strong safety out of Nebraska, and would take him if he slipped to the 7th round, but I think he will go in the sixth.

Joique Bell, along with small school OT Viadimir Ducasse - Mass., and WR Andre Roberts - Citadel, will be at the Senior Bowl. When does workouts start?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Joique Bell, along with small school OT Viadimir Ducasse - Mass., and WR Andre Roberts - Citadel, will be at the Senior Bowl. When does workouts start?

I think they start Jan 26th.

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2010, 04:26 PM

5c) OLB Arthur Moats, James Madison.... I talked about this cat earlier in the year. He led the nation with 23.5 tackles for loss. He had 11 sacks and he can play both ILB/OLB

Changes: dropped OLB O''Brien Schofield-]Word from east west ]game practice is that he is seriously struggling in coverage. added Arthur Moats- OLB built like Tomlin likes his OLB's, and much like Timmons, he can play inside and outside. added Aaron Webster. The 7th round is for gambles. We could take a chance on a hard hitting SS with speed. I also like Larry Asante the strong safety out of Nebraska, and would take him if he slipped to the 7th round, but I think he will go in the sixth.

Wisconsin linebacker O’Brien Schofield seemingly stole the show at his position as he showed not only great pass rush ability which was expected, but the ability to drop in coverage and make plays. USF linebacker Kion Wilson was also very quick to the football.
:noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-20-2010, 05:26 AM
:noidea:

Like I said in the east-west shrine thread....I am getting mixed reviews on Shofield. Here is what nfldraftscout.com had to say:

01/18/10 - East-West Shrine Monday Practice: In linebacker drills, Wisconsin's O'Brien Schofield showed he has a ways to go before owning the fluid movement needed to play in space at the next level.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=OLB&draftyear=2010&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

Until I get a better read on him, or get to see him for myself during the game...I am going to err on the side of caution

Texasteel
01-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Like I said in the east-west shrine thread....I am getting mixed reviews on Shofield. Here is what nfldraftscout.com had to say:

Until I get a better read on him, or get to see him for myself during the game...I am going to err on the side of caution

nfldraftscout.com is usually pretty close with thier player evauation. Interesting that they listed Earl Thomas as a CB.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-20-2010, 06:46 AM
nfldraftscout.com is usually pretty close with thier player evauation. Interesting that they listed Earl Thomas as a CB.

Wow...good catch!!

That has to be due to his size (5'10 195 lbs) and his speed. They do list FS/SS as his projected secondary position in the NFL. That can only help his draft status.

Northside Jonny
01-22-2010, 08:18 PM
We must resign Big snack and go all in for Earl Thomas he is perfect for the steelers. Does anyone think George Selvie will fall to the third round he could definatly add some depth at DE.

Aussie_steeler
01-23-2010, 03:10 AM
We must resign Big snack and go all in for Earl Thomas he is perfect for the steelers. Does anyone think George Selvie will fall to the third round he could definatly add some depth at DE.

I think you may have meant OLB. He would be great value in the 3rd. With all this talent I believe a quality undersized DE might fall to a 3-4 team to convert to OLB

Northside Jonny
01-23-2010, 04:25 AM
I think you may have meant OLB. He would be great value in the 3rd. With all this talent I believe a quality undersized DE might fall to a 3-4 team to convert to OLB

your right I just relooked at his size thanks

Aussie_steeler
01-23-2010, 06:32 AM
your right I just relooked at his size thanks

No problem. I am sorting hoping that Eric Norwood might slide. He could cover ILB and OLB.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-23-2010, 06:43 AM
No problem. I am sorting hoping that Eric Norwood might slide. He could cover ILB and OLB.

Exactly why I like Moats...and I think we can get him in the later rounds due to his being from a smaller school.

Aussie_steeler
01-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Exactly why I like Moats...and I think we can get him in the later rounds due to his being from a smaller school.

I see a lot of people talking him up as a late round pick on other teams boards. I wonder if he is on the radar of the scouts. He could be moving into the 5th or 6th??

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-23-2010, 07:07 AM
I see a lot of people talking him up as a late round pick on other teams boards. I wonder if he is on the radar of the scouts. He could be moving into the 5th or 6th??

I think that is a possibility. He still shows as a 7th rounder on nfldraftscout.com, but with being able to run a 4.58 forty and leading the nation in tackles for loss....I think he will go just about where you stated.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-24-2010, 12:04 PM
I think that we can all agree that our first round pick will probably be hinged on who we resign, and with the two critical players being Ryan Clark and Casey Hampton. Jeff reed will also figure into the equation. I think even if we resign either/both of the critical positions we will still need to find some youth behind them

Here is a breakdown of three scenerios:

If we resign Casey and Reed and let Clark go, I think that we may trade up for a Safety and that we may pick up NT Torell Troupe in the 3rd. so the draft may look like this.

1) Safety/CB Earl Thomas
3) NT Torell Troupe
4) CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
5) OLB/ILB Arthur Moats
5b) RB Joique Bell
5c) OT Dominique Franks
6) QB John Skelton
7) TE Nate Byham, Pittsburgh
7) FS Shann Schillinger

If we let Casey go and we resign Clark and Reed I think we may go this route:

1) NT Dan Williams
2) CB Dominique Franks
3) OT Jason Fox
4) ILB Micah Johnson
5) OLB/ILB Arthur Moats
5b) RB Joique Bell
5c) Safety Barry Church
6) QB John Skelton
7) TE Nate Byham
7) DE Brandon Deaderick

If we do not sign Casey, Reed or Ryan we may go:

1) NT Dan Williams
2) Safety Nate Allen
3) OT Jason Fox
4) CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
5) OLB/ILB Arthur Moats
5b) RB Joique Bell
5c) Kicker Leigh Tiffin
6) QB John Skelton
7) TE Nate Byham
7) FS Shann Schillinger

SOOO many possibilities...its going to be interesting.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Anyone know why Safety Barry Church is falling on most draft charts? I am seeing him as low as a 7th rounder on some sites. Usually that indicates a chronic injury or character problem but I havent seen or heard of either.

Northside Jonny
01-24-2010, 03:04 PM
How bout this if we resign Casey :

1. Earl Thomas CB/ S
2.Greg Hardy DE Miss
3.Kareem Jackson CB Alabama
4.Mike Neal DT Purdue
5. Sam Young OT Notre Dame
5b. Adam Ulatoski OT Texas
5c. Pat Angerer ILB Iowa
6. John Estes C Hawii
7. Alric Arnett WR Wvu or Seyi Ajirotutu WR Fresno State
7. Hunter Lawrence K Texas

IF no Casey:
1. Dan Williams NT Tenn
2.Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest or Trevard Lindley CB Kentucky
3. Kam Chancellor S VT
4. CJ Wilson DE ECU

Last rounds the same .

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-24-2010, 03:44 PM

1. Earl Thomas CB/ S
2.Greg Hardy DE Miss or George Selvie OLB South Florida
4.Mike Neal DT Purdue
5c. Pat Angerer ILB Iowa
6. John Estes C Hawii

IF no Casey:
1. Dan Williams NT Tenn
3. Kam Chancellor S VT
4. CJ Wilson DE ECU

Last rounds the same .

I actually like Brandon Ghee more than alot of scouts seem to, and I think you may be correct in thinking that he is a 2nd round pick for us....because he could be gone by the time we pick in the 3rd. I think there is a problem with your first draft however..because I dont believe that we can get Thomas without giving up our 2nd rounder.

Not as big of a fan of Mike Neal as I am of Troupe...I think outside of the two 1st round NT's, Troupe may be the only NT that I can see starting for us withing the first two years.

I do like both versions however...good job!!

supa_fly_steeler
01-24-2010, 04:33 PM
how bout even if we resign both clark and casey we draft earl thomas lmao why would we pass him up for someone who is overhyped (dan williams).

I wouldnt select dan williams, the stuff he showed against the hokies was horrible.

Northside Jonny
01-24-2010, 05:28 PM
I left out a late round flyer who I think is gonna be a good pro . Jeff Byers OG/C USC had some injury problems early in his college carrer but been healthy last two seasons . Not to mention he managed to be starting by the end of his true freshman year . Six years college experience because of medical redshirt. Would be a steal late check him out on (footballsfuture.com) under draft sleepers.

SteelersTilIDie
01-24-2010, 08:26 PM
that's a decent mock, syd'quan thompson might not be first round caliber though

MasterOfPuppets
01-24-2010, 09:43 PM

1. Earl Thomas CB/ S
2.Greg Hardy DE Miss or George Selvie OLB South Florida
4.Mike Neal DT Purdue
5c. Pat Angerer ILB Iowa
6. John Estes C Hawii

IF no Casey:
1. Dan Williams NT Tenn
3. Kam Chancellor S VT
4. CJ Wilson DE ECU

Last rounds the same .

hardy and selvie will be lucky to go before the 5th , both have been gargage this year and hardy tanked at the shrine game. estes won't even get drafted, he's not even on the level a 7th round shipley was last year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-25-2010, 09:46 AM
how bout even if we resign both clark and casey we draft earl thomas lmao why would we pass him up for someone who is overhyped (dan williams).

I wouldnt select dan williams, the stuff he showed against the hokies was horrible.

Just a bad game...he is the real deal and will drafted in the 1st round.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-25-2010, 09:47 AM
hardy and selvie will be lucky to go before the 5th , both have been gargage this year and hardy tanked at the shrine game. estes won't even get drafted, he's not even on the level a 7th round shipley was last year.

You can forget about the 2nd round in that draft anyway...we would have to give that up to get high enough in the first round to grab thomas.

Northside Jonny
01-25-2010, 04:51 PM

I do agree maybee a litlle early for selvie but I still believe he will be a good pro . I've seen many mocks that have hardy going early in the second.

MasterOfPuppets
01-25-2010, 05:11 PM
I do agree maybee a litlle early for selvie but I still believe he will be a good pro . I've seen many mocks that have hardy going early in the second.
both of them got on the draft geek radars souley on having one good season. neither one has come close to duplicating those performances.

Northside Jonny
01-25-2010, 07:22 PM
both of them got on the draft geek radars souley on having one good season. neither one has come close to duplicating those performances.

Tell me my friend who would you take in the first 4 rounds? :poop:

SaskSteeler
01-25-2010, 08:28 PM
I was watching Senior Bowl practice today and CB Kyle Wilson out of Boise State looked really good and I was just wondering where he is projected to go.

Northside Jonny
01-25-2010, 09:55 PM
I was watching Senior Bowl practice today and CB Kyle Wilson out of Boise State looked really good and I was just wondering where he is projected to go.

Late 2nd according to http://www.drafttek.com

MasterOfPuppets
01-25-2010, 11:16 PM

oops...for some reason i was thinking of greg middleton instead of greg hardy. :doh: ...but none the less, hardy still didn't impress at the shrine game. selvie had 8.5 sacks the last 2 years, how does that translate to a 2nd round pick ?

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-26-2010, 02:11 AM
oops...for some reason i was thinking of greg middleton instead of greg hardy. :doh: ...but none the less, hardy still didn't impress at the shrine game. selvie had 8.5 sacks the last 2 years, how does that translate to a 2nd round pick ?

I disagree on Hardy. He repeatedly got the edge in pass rush when he was on the field. The guy is incredibly quick and has something like 26 sacks in 4 seasons(although injury plagued).

Greg Hardy jumped out in Ole Miss games in 2008 when I was looking at Peria Jerry and Michael Oher. He should go in the first 2 rounds. The other guy that stood out is Jerry's younger brother John Jerry at OG. He may only go in the 4th, but the kid is a mauler.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Mock draft update....01/26/10

1. STL DT Ndamukong Suh-Best player in the draft...(Rams might attempt to trade down for a QB)
2. DET DT Gerald McCoy- Lions continue to rebuild, this time in the tranches
3. TB S Eric Berry- I generally dont predict Safeties in the top 5, but Berry is special
4. WAS QB Sam Bradford- Could be Clausen before all is said and done.
5. KC OT Russell Okung- Best tackle in the draft for a position of need.
6. SEA QB Jimmy Clausen- May spend a year behind Hasselback, learning the game.
7. CLE CB Joe Haden- #1 CB will instantly help the Browns Defense
8. OAK ILB Rolando McClain- Crazy Al always grabs the physical specimens, this time he gets a player.
9. BUF OT Anthony Davis- BIll never recovered from losing Peters last year.
10. JAC DE Carlos Dunlap- Jaq's rush defense was non-existent .
11. DEN WR Dez Bryant - Brandon Marshall wants out, Bryant takes his place.
12. MIA OLB/DE Derrick Morgan- Great value at #12, Peezey and Taylor arent getting younger.
13. SF S Earl Thomas- Defensive minded coach grabs a playmaker.
14. SEA RB C.J. Spiller- 49ers grabbed future QB with there first pick, now they get future RB.
15. NYG S Taylor Mays- Giants need help in the backfield even if Phillips comes back healthy.
16. SF DE Everson Griffen- 49ers might go OT here, but Griffen would be hard to pass up.
17. TEN DE Sergio Kindle- Problems in Titans backfield were due to lack of any pass rush.
18. PIT NT Dan Williams- Sticking with NT in the 1st round to replace Hampton.
19. ATL DE Jason Pierre Paul-Might go CB or LB, but best value may be in a pass rusher.
20. HOU OG Mike Iupati- Studdard is a sub-par OG, Iupati could make the offense even scarier,
21. CIN TE Jermaine Gresham- Bengals finally get a playmaking TE.
22. NE DE Jared Odrick - Pats miss Seymour more than they admit.
23. GB OT Trent Williams- Clifton is getting older, Williams protects Rogers blind side.
24. PHI RB Jonathan Dwyer- even if Westbrook stays, its time to look for a future replacement.
25. BAL WR Golden Tate- Tate will be the first of at least two WR's drafted by Ravens.
26. ARI OT Bryan Bulaga- Need a player to upgrade Mike Gandy
27. DAL OT Bruce Campbell- Flozell Adams is a penalty machine and Doug Free isnt the answer.
28. SD RB Jahvid Best- Need to find a RB to replace Tomlinson, and Sproles is a change of pace back only.
29. MIN CB Patrick Robinson- Secondary is getting old. This could be a QB pick If Colt McCoy shines
30. NYJ WR Branden LaFell - Big drop-off at WR after Cotchery and Edwards.
31. NO OLB Sean Weatherspoon - Fujita and Shanle are reliable but not playmakers,could both be upgraded
32. IND DT Brian Price - Changed this pick to DT, Colts have to bolster the #24 ranked rush defense.

Northside Jonny
01-26-2010, 01:50 PM

Well if he falls to the 5th round would you take Selvie? Took him off my picks because not sure how he will show at combine yet, but I'd be willing to bet he rises to the third.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Well if he falls to the 5th round would you take Selvie? Took him off my picks because not sure how he will show at combine yet, but I'd be willing to bet he rises to the third.

Selvie is showing as a 3rd round choice on most boards right now....Hardy had alot of problems at the East/West game and is showing as a late 2nd rounder.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Mock draft update....01/26/10

1. STL DT Ndamukong Suh-Best player in the draft...(Rams might attempt to trade down for a QB)
2. DET DT Gerald McCoy- Lions continue to rebuild, this time in the tranches
3. TB S Eric Berry- I generally dont predict Safeties in the top 5, but Berry is special
4. WAS QB Sam Bradford- Could be Clausen before all is said and done.
5. KC OT Russell Okung- Best tackle in the draft for a position of need.
6. SEA QB Jimmy Clausen- May spend a year behind Hasselback, learning the game.
7. CLE CB Joe Haden- #1 CB will instantly help the Browns Defense
8. OAK ILB Rolando McClain- Crazy Al always grabs the physical specimens, this time he gets a player.
9. BUF OT Anthony Davis- BIll never recovered from losing Peters last year.
10. JAC DE Carlos Dunlap- Jaq's rush defense was non-existent .
11. DEN WR Dez Bryant - Brandon Marshall wants out, Bryant takes his place.
12. MIA OLB/DE Derrick Morgan- Great value at #12, Peezey and Taylor arent getting younger.
13. SF S Earl Thomas- Defensive minded coach grabs a playmaker.
14. SEA RB C.J. Spiller- 49ers grabbed future QB with their first pick, now they get future RB.
15. NYG S Taylor Mays- Giants need help in the backfield even if Phillips comes back healthy.
16. SF DE Everson Griffen- 49ers might go OT here, but Griffen would be hard to pass up.
17. TEN DE Sergio Kindle- Problems in Titans backfield were due to lack of any pass rush.
18. PIT NT Dan Williams- Sticking with NT in the 1st round to replace Hampton.
19. ATL DE Jason Pierre Paul-Might go CB or LB, but best value may be in a pass rusher.
20. HOU OG Mike Iupati- Studdard is a sub-par OG, Iupati could make the offense even scarier,
21. CIN TE Jermaine Gresham- Bengals finally get a playmaking TE.
22. NE DE Jared Odrick - Pats miss Seymour more than they admit.
23. GB OT Trent Williams- Clifton is getting older, Williams protects Rogers blind side.
24. PHI RB Jonathan Dwyer- even if Westbrook stays, its time to look for a future replacement.
25. BAL WR Golden Tate- Tate will be the first of at least two WR's drafted by Ravens.
26. ARI OT Bryan Bulaga- Need a player to upgrade Mike Gandy
27. DAL OT Bruce Campbell- Flozell Adams is a penalty machine and Doug Free isnt the answer.
28. SD RB Jahvid Best- Need a RB to replace Tomlinson, Sproles is a change of pace back only.
29. MIN CB Patrick Robinson- Secondary is getting old. This could be a QB pick If Colt McCoy shines
30. NYJ WR Branden LaFell - Big drop-off at WR after Cotchery and Edwards.
31. NO OLB Sean Weatherspoon - Fujita and Shanle are reliable but not playmakers,could both be upgraded
32. IND DT Brian Price - Changed this pick to DT, Colts have to bolster the #24 ranked rush defense.

Made a change to the Colts and Jets pick based on some comments coming from their organizations.

supa_fly_steeler
01-27-2010, 11:24 AM
no way do i want dan williams. me wants the earl thomas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supa_fly_steeler
01-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Interesting no cody in first round?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Interesting no cody in first round?

That is due to reports coming out of workouts. I think there is still a chance that Cody may go to the Chargers at #28 or early 2nd round to a team like KC or Denver.

In regards to Williams...that is where I would go at this point. HOWEVER, I am hoping we either trade up for Thomas or trade down and pick up an extra 2nd rounder.

Here is how a trade down could pan out...as I stated in another thread.

This draft has all the markings of us possibly trading down. For instance...Minnesota's DT Pat Williams is thinking about retirement, and the Vikes may be in the market to trade up and pick up Dan Williams. The logical trade would be they would give us their 1st (#29) & 2nd (#69) and they would get our 1st (#18) and 5th (#146).

That would give us.

1st round (#29)
2nd round (#50)
2nd round (#69)
3rd round (#82)
4th round (#114)
5th round (compensatory pick) *projected
5th round (compensatory pick) *projected
6th round (#178)
7th round (#210)

Wiith out first 4 picks when then should be able to get Safety Nate Allen...ILB Micah Johnson...CB Devin McCourty...and DT Torrell Troup.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Mock based on some of the reports coming out of the senior bowl.

With possible loss of Hampton/Clark/Reed

1) NT Dan Williams, Tennessee
2) FS/SS Nate Allen, South Florida
3) OT Rodger Saffold, Indiana
4) ILB Micah Johnson, Kentucky
5) OT Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale
5b) RB Joique Bell, Wayne St.
5c) OLB Arthur Moats, James Madison
6) QB Levi Brown, Troy
7) Kicker Brett Swenson, Michigan State

If we sign Hampton/Clark/Reed

1) OT Trent Williams
2) CB Kyle Wilson, Boise St.
3) NT Torell Troup
5) FS Robert Johnson, Utah
6) OT Derek Hardman, Eastern Kentucky
7) QB Levi Brown, Troy

Texasteel
01-28-2010, 02:14 PM

6) QB Levi Brown, Troy

1) OT Trent Williams
3) NT Torell Troup
7) QB Levi Brown, Troy

I do like that 2nd bunch LLT.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-28-2010, 02:18 PM
I do like that 2nd bunch LLT.

There is so much potential this year....I cant wait until this draft starts!!!

(Stupid commish making it three days STILL pisses me off!!!)

Texasteel
01-28-2010, 02:26 PM
There is so much potential this year....I cant wait until this draft starts!!!

(Stupid commish making it three days STILL pisses me off!!!)

You have any idea how many hot wings I am going to have to buy to cover 3 days?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-28-2010, 02:29 PM
You have any idea how many hot wings I am going to have to buy to cover 3 days?

:chuckle:

Thats alot of fixin's for sub-sandwiches also!!!!

SteelMember
01-28-2010, 03:12 PM

6) QB Levi Brown, Troy

1) OT Trent Williams
3) NT Torell Troup
7) QB Levi Brown, Troy

Noticed the kicker change... He's (jonslow) giving us some good reporting, no.

So, I haven't even looked at the draft schedule, but I knew it was going to 3 days.

Fri night - round 1
Sat - rounds 2-4?
Sun - rounds 5-7?

They are shortening the clock some more also... waiting 15 minutes was waaaay to long. My nerves get shot... and that's just not healthy. Especially with wings and subs. :chuckle:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-28-2010, 03:22 PM

6) QB Levi Brown, Troy

1) OT Trent Williams
3) NT Torell Troup
7) QB Levi Brown, Troy

LLT, in your second scenario do you see Trent Williams as a guy who could be put into the left tackle position on day one (I'm assuming your drafting him as a left tackle) or as a guy who will need a season or two to develope before he can handle the starting LT position?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-28-2010, 03:40 PM
LLT, in your second scenario do you see Trent Williams as a guy who could be put into the left tackle position on day one (I'm assuming your drafting him as a left tackle) or as a guy who will need a season or two to develope before he can handle the starting LT position?

Williams played RT for the majority of his time in college, then moved to LT after Loadholt left for the NFL...but from the film I have seen, the only thing that would keep him from being a LT in the pros is a Pro Line coach who can tweek his kick slide.

He is strong enough...he comes off the snap quickly...and he has a good knee bend, unlike so many linemen coming out of college. Very strong and latches on to defenders when run blocking.

Everything I have read says that he has his priorities straight and is a hard worker. I think if we are going to go with a OT in the first it will be Williams... or possibly Anthony Davis if he slides.

If he is the worker that it appears he is, i think that he might be able to play for us within a year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-31-2010, 05:53 PM
Williams played RT for the majority of his time in college, then moved to LT after Loadholt left for the NFL...but from the film I have seen, the only thing that would keep him from being a LT in the pros is a Pro Line coach who can tweek his kick slide.

He is strong enough...he comes off the snap quickly...and he has a good knee bend, unlike so many linemen coming out of college. Very strong and latches on to defenders when run blocking.

Everything I have read says that he has his priorities straight and is a hard worker. I think if we are going to go with a OT in the first it will be Williams... or possibly Anthony Davis if he slides.

If he is the worker that it appears he is, i think that he might be able to play for us within a year.

I watched more film on Williams this morning...and just to be completely honest, I am having second thoughts about Williams playing on the left. His kick slide is NOT good...though he seems to have alot going for him, I am beginning to question if he can get to the edge and stop the DE.

Davis still looks solid...and Jason Fox is a BEAST at LT, though I just read that Fox was diagnosed with an abnormal heartbeat at the end of last season. That is going to raise some SERIOUS red flags for teams.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Every since we starting comparing mocks...I have had a little itch in the back of my brain that keep telling me something is wrong.

Conventional wisdom is that the #1 overall pick in the draft should be the #1 draft prospect...but we have all seen time and time again that that isnt always true. The problem is that with the #1 overall pick, everyone (including myself) has had St Louis drafting DT Suh.

I am beginning to have serious doubts as to if St. Louis will do that. With no franchise QB to build around, and with a SERIOUS drop in QB talent after the first two QB's come off the board....I think that the Rams will pass on Suh and draft either Clauson or Bradford.

I'm sure they would like to trade out of the slot, but NOONE is going to take on the contract of the #1 overall pick.

That could change the draft to this: (based on Senior Bowl performance)

1) Rams-QB Sam Bradford
2) Lions-DT Ndamukong Suh
3) Bucs-DT Gerald McCoy
4) Redskins-QB Jimmy Clausen
5) Chiefs-OT Russell Okung
6) Seahawks- S Eric Berry
7) Browns- CB JoeHaden
8) Raiders- OLB/DE Derrick Morgan
9) Bills- OT Anthony Davis
10) Jaquars- DE Carlos Dunlap
11) Broncos- WR Dez Bryant
12) Dolphins-DE Sergio Kindle
13) 49ers-OT Trent Williams
14) Seahawks- RB C.J. Spiller
15) Giants- ILB Rolando McClain
16) Titans- DE Jason Pierre-Paul
17) 49ers- DE Everson Griffen
18) Steelers- S Earl Thomas
19) Falcons-OLB Sean Weatherspoon
20) Texans- OG Mike Iupati
21) Benglas- TE Jermaine Gresham
22) Patriots- DE Jared Odrick
23) Packers- OLB Ricky Sapp
24) Eagles- RB Jonathan Dwyer
25) Ravens- WR Golden Tate
26) Cardinals- OT Bryan Bulaga
27) Cowboys- OT Bruce Campbell
28) Chargers- RB Jahvid Best
29) Vikings- NT Dan Williams
30) Jets- WR Branden LaFell
31) Saints- NT Terrance Cody
32) Colts- DT Brian Price

Yes...I am beginning to think that Thomas may fall to us.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2010, 02:17 PM
For those interested....you can build your own mock at:

http://www.draftdebacled.com

Dont use the draft prospect list provided...it is outdated. You are better off going to: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings which is the list taken from nfldraftscout.com and put into an easily navigated format.

Good luck and have fun!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Round 1

1. Rams
Jimmy Clausen QB from Notre Dame
TEAM NEEDS: QB, DE, DT, OG, CB, WR...Rams would like to trade out of #1 but no one wants to take on the Overall #1 draft pick contract. St Louis will do the right thing for their future and take a franchise QB instead of Suh. Clausen played in Charlie Weis's a pro style offense and has a legit NFL arm.

2. Lions
Ndamukong Suh DT from Nebraska
TEAM NEEDS: DT, CB, DE, LT, OG, WR, OL DEPTH...Lions will be thrilled to take the best player in the draft. Suh is a dominant playmaker that tops most draft boards.

3. Buccaneers
Gerald McCoy DT from Oklahoma
TEAM NEEDS: DT, DE, WR, CB, S, OL DEPTH...Defensive Tackle is a need position. At 6'4 and 305 lbs McCoy is a terror on the inside and a perfect fit for the bucs needs.

4. Redskins
Sam Bradford QB from Oklahoma
TEAM NEEDS: OT, QB, SLB, RB, OG, C...Redskins flirted with bringing in a FA QB last year. This year they draft Bradford as the future QB in Washington.

5. Chiefs
Russell Okung OT from Oklahoma State
TEAM NEEDS: OT, OG, 3-4 OLB, WR, 3-4 NT, C, S....Best lineman in the draft. Chiefs will continue to rebuild team in the trenches. Okung will allow the Chiefs to move Albert back to guard.

6. Seahawks
Eric Berry SS / FS from Tennessee
TEAM NEEDS: LT, OG, QB, RB, S, DL...Seattle might have been interested in a QB if one of the top two slid to #6 but Eric Berry is a game changer and a no-brainer if he is still on the board

7. Browns
Joe Haden CB from Florida
TEAM NEEDS: RT, 3-4 DE, ILB, CB, WR, S, TE...Browns could use help in several positions but will go with Haden at #7 and wait until the 2nd to draft a WR.

8. Raiders
Bruce Campbell OT from Maryland
TEAM NEEDS: 4-3 NT, DE, OT, RG, CB, LB, QB... Hard to figure what Crazy Al will do but one has to thing that he will become enamored with Campbell's skills physical attributes.

9. Bills
Bryan Bulaga OT from Iowa
Team Needs: QB, LT, DT, OLB, WR, OL depth. Bills unexplainably let their starting LT go last year, and brought in no one to replace him. After a year of playing revolving door on the front line, the Bills fill a position of dire need.

10. Jaguars
Derrick Morgan DE from Georgia Tech
TEAM NEEDS: DE, OG, S, DT, C, WR...Jacksonville had virtually no pass rush last year and as a result, the entire defense suffered. Morgan is 6'4 275 lbs and had 18 TFL last year with 12.5 sacks.

11. Broncos
Rolando McClain ILB from Alabama
TEAM NEEDS: 3-4 DE, C, 3-4 NT, OG, 3-4 ILB, WR, CB...Going to go with inside thunper Rolando McClain. If Brandon Marshall talks his way out of Denver, this pick changes to Dez Bryant

12. Dolphins
Sergio Kindle OLB from Texas
TEAM NEEDS: 3-4 NT, 3-4 OLB, 3-4 ILB, WR, S, OL Depth... No value at NT with the #12 overall spot. Jason Taylor and Joey Porter are aging....Sergio Kindle will bring youth to the position and at 6'3 250 lbs, he is an ideal outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense

13. 49ers
Anthony Davis OT from Rutgers
TEAM NEEDS: OT, CB, OG, DE/OLB, S, 3-4 NT...49ers have two picks in the first round. they know that good OT's dont last long, so they will use their first pick on future starter at Offensive Tackle.

14. Seahawks
C.J. Spiller RB from Clemson
TEAM NEEDS: LT, OG, QB, RB, S, DL...Seahawks need to bolster a running game that ranked near the bottom of the league. Think Chris Johnson...Spiller is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

15. Giants
Trent Williams OT from Oklahoma
TEAM NEEDS: DT, S, OT, MLB, CB DEPTH, C...At 6'5 318 lbs, Williams just needs a good NFL strength and conditioning coach to make him a very good starter.

16. Titans
Dez Bryant WR from Oklahoma State
TEAM NEEDS: DE, CB, OG, OLB, WR, OL DEPTH...Titans secondary was blasted this last year. Much of the problem was the result of littte to no pass rush. Pierre-Paul recorded 14.5 TFLs and 5.5 sacks last year
comment(s) 0

17. 49ers
Everson Griffen DE from USC
TEAM NEEDS: OT, CB, OG, DE/OLB, S, 3-4 NT...Defensive minded Coach grabs playmaker with his second first round pick. The 6'3 282 lbs DE could go earlier based on projected combine results.

18. Steelers
Earl Thomas SS from Texas
TEAM NEEDS: CB, OT, FS, OG, 3-4 NT, 3-4 ILB, 3-4 OLB DEPTH...Lack of depth at the safety position killed the Steelers when Polamalu was hurt. Ryan Clark is a UFA and Earl Thomas would help a steelers defensive backfield that struggled.

19. Falcons
Kyle Wilson CB from Boise State
TEAM NEEDS: CB, DE, OLB, WR/TE, OL DEPTH, DT DEPTH...Kyle Wilson opened eyes at the Senior Bowl, by draft day he will be considered the second best CB in the draft and a solid first rounder.

20. Texans
Mike Iupati OG from Idaho
TEAM NEEDS: OG, CB, 4-3 NT, FS, DE DEPTH, RB...Though Iupati needs a little work in his pass protection, he is the best OG in this draft and the Texans dangerous offense would love to upgrade the position

21. Bengals
Golden Tate WR from Notre Dame
TEAM NEEDS: OG, S, TE, WR, DT, SLB...Loss of Henry forces the Bengals to pick up a WR. Tate lines up on the other side of OchoCinco and reloads the WR corp. In 2009 Tate racked up 93 passes for 1496 yards and 15 TD’s

22. Patriots
Jared Odrick DT from Penn State
TEAM NEEDS: 3-4 OLB, 3-4 DE, OG, ILB DEPTH, TE, WR DEPTH... Patriots missed Seymour more than they will admit. Odrick is a beast that will see the field very early.Great size and good motor make him a stud 3-4 DE prospect for New England.

23. Packers
Patrick Robinson CB from Florida State
TEAM NEEDS: LT, CB, S, DL, 3-4 OLB DEPTH, RB...Packers defense looked pretty good this last year. Robinson takes it to the next level.

24. Eagles
Jonathan Dwyer RB from Georgia Tech
TEAM NEEDS: DE, FS, OG, CB depth, OLB, RB DEPTH...Franchise RB in the wings to replace Westbrook when he retires.

25. Ravens
Brandon LaFell WR from LSU
TEAM NEEDS: WR, CB, DE/OLB, TE, DL depth...Ravens have one of the worst WR corps in the league. Mason still playing with retirement, Lafell gives the Ravens a legit young stud.

26. Cardinals
Ricky Sapp OLB from Clemson
TEAM NEEDS: LT, ILB, OLB, OL DEPTH, CB, TE... Sapp is another draft climber, Cardinals wont pass on an OLB that can start on day one.

27. Cowboys
Carlos Dunlap DE from Florida
TEAM NEEDS: OT, FS, ILB, DE, CB DEPTH, OG DEPTH...He could be drafted higher, but Cowboys would love to have Dunlap at Defensive End

28. Chargers
Jahvid Best from California
TEAM NEEDS: RB, RT, 3-4 NT, CB, 3-4 DE, LB DEPTH...Chargers surprised everyone last year by not finding the replacement for Tomlinson. This year they rectify that mistake with Best. Good quickness, extremely strong for his size.

29. Jets
Brandon Graham DE from Michigan
TEAM NEEDS: 3-4 DE, 3-4 OLB, OG, CB, WR, 3-4 NT...Graham ia every bit as good as advertised, Eagles find a pass rushing specialist in the first.

30. Vikings
Dan Williams DT from Tennessee
TEAM NEEDS: OG, S, CB DEPTH, QB, LB DEPTH, DL DEPTH...Another "Williams" to be Pat Williams replacement. Dan Williams has a great motor and good quickness off the ball. Unlike Cody, he is more than a two down tackle. Good work ethic.

31. Saints
Sean Weatherspoon OLB from Missouri
TEAM NEEDS: OLB, NT, DE, C, OT DEPTH, TE DEPTH...6'2" 242 lbs.. Weatherspoon had 104 tackles, 14.5 TFL and 4 sacks last year. Perfect compliment to the Saints. CB Kyle Wilson is also a possibility here.

32. Colts
Brian Price DT from UCLA
TEAM NEEDS: DT, OT, CB, OG, DE DEPTH, LB DEPTH...Pac-10 defensive player of the year...The 6'2 300 pounder had 23.5 tackles for loss and 7 sacks. Colts could also use some help at OT, so Charles Brown is a possibility.

Round 2

1. Rams- Mardy Gilyard WR from Cincinnati
2. Lions - Devin McCourty CB from Rutgers
3. Buccaneers- Demaryius Thomas - WR from Georgia Tech
4. Chiefs-Jerry Hughes OLB from TCU
5. Redskins-Charles Brown OT from USC
6. Browns-Brandon Spikes ILB from Florida
7. Raiders-Terrence Cody DT from Alabama
8. Seahawks- Colt McCoy QB from Texas
9. Bills- Arthur Jones DT from Syracuse
10. Buccaneers- Dexter McCluster WR from Mississippi
11. Dolphins- Sean Lee ILB from Penn State
12. Patriots-Jason Pierre-Paul OLB from South Florida
13. Broncos- Dominique Franks CB from Oklahoma
14. Giants- Morgan Burnett SS / FS from Georgia Tech
15. Patriots-John Jerry OG from Mississippi
16. Panthers-Damian Williams WR from USC
17. 49ers -Kam Chancellor FS from Virginia Tech
18. Chiefs-Arrelious Benn WR from Illinois
19. Texans-Nate Allen FS from South Florida
20. Steelers-Ciron Black OT from LSU
21. Patriots-Jermaine Gresham TE from Oklahoma
22. Bengals-Taylor Mays FS from USC
23. Eagles -Vladimir Ducasse OG from Massachusetts
24. Packers -Perrish Cox CB from Oklahoma State
25. Ravens-Javier Arenas CB from Alabama
26. Jets-Navorro Bowman OLB from Penn State
27. Cardinals- Kyle Calloway OT from Iowa
28. Cowboys-Corey Wootton DE from Northwestern
29. Vikings-Jevan Snead QB from Ole Miss
30. Chargers-Cam Thomas DT from North Carolina
31. Saints-Aaron Hernandez TE from Florida
32. Colts-Syd'Quan Thompson CB from California

Round 3

1. Rams-Jared Veldheer OT from Hillsdale
2. Lions- George Selvie DE from South Florida
3. Buccaneers- Myron Rolle SS from Florida State
4. Chiefs- Koa Misi DE from Utah
5. Raiders- Jerome Murphy CB from South Florida
6. Eagles- Brandon Ghee CB from Wake Forest
7. Browns- Vince Oghobaase DT from Duke
8. Bills- Eric Norwood OLB from South Carolina
9. Dolphins- Alex Carrington DE from Arkansas State
10. Jaguars- Tim Tebow QB from Florida
11. Bears- Jacoby Ford WR from Clemson
12. Giants- Maurkice Pouncey, OC from Florida
13. Titans-Reshad Jones FS from Georgia
14. Panthers- D'Anthony Smith DT from Louisiana Tech
15. 49ers- Mike Johnson OG from Alabama
16. Broncos- Dominique Franks from Oklahoma
17. Texans-Toby Gerhart RB from Stanford
18. Steelers- Torrell Troup DT from UCF
19. Falcons- Marvin Austin DT from North Carolina
20. Bengals- Jeff Owens DT from Georgia
21. Raiders-Tony Pike QB from Cincinnati
22. Packers- Ryan Matthews RB from Fresno State
23. Eagles- Donovan Warren CB from Michigan
24. Browns-Rob Gronkowski TE from Arizona
25. Ravens- Taylor Price WR from Ohio
26. Cardinals- Daryl Washington ILB from TCU
27. Cowboys- Carlton Mitchell WR from South Florida
28. Vikings- Dan LeFevour QB from Central Michigan
29. Chargers- Selvish Capers OT from West Virginia
30. Saints- Greg Hardy DE from Mississippi
31. Colts- Rodger Saffold OT from Indiana

Aussie_steeler
02-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Huge effort LLT at this time of the year.

I would like to see Wooten, Pouncey, Gresham and Rolle a bit higher, but I know that you have gone for team need and BPA when justifying your picks. There is no way that I could come up with 3 round mock with the level of detail you have.

I would find it a bit hard to pass over Jermaine Gresham ( #1 TE and BPA), Maurkice Pouncey ( #1 OC) or dare I say it Taylor Mays for Ciron Black in the 2nd round.

I woud love to hear your thought process behind the pick and the thoughts on some of the BPA candidates when looking at the pick at #50. I thought you might have jumped all over Jason Fox with this pick??

Rounds 1 and 3 are sensational IMO.

Chidi29
02-06-2010, 07:10 PM
LLT,

I just skimmed through your mock and would disagree with your decision to have Clausen go to St. Louis and Bradford to Washington. I liked it a lot better when you had the two switched.

St. Louis runs the West Coast. You don't need a guy with a huge arm, which Clausen has. Bradford is the smarter, more accurate QB of the two.

Washington ran the WCO, but probably won't as much, if at all, anymore with Zorn gone. It sounds like they're keeping Campbell for at least another season (I think he's a RFA so that's probably why) but Shanahan has had success/drafted with QBs with big arms in Elway and Cutler.

But like Aussie says, great effort and job overall. Do you do all seven rounds? If so, I'm excited to see how each of ours turn out.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Huge effort LLT at this time of the year.

I would like to see Wooten, Pouncey, Gresham and Rolle a bit higher, but I know that you have gone for team need and BPA when justifying your picks. There is no way that I could come up with 3 round mock with the level of detail you have.

I would find it a bit hard to pass over Jermaine Gresham ( #1 TE and BPA), Maurkice Pouncey ( #1 OC) or dare I say it Taylor Mays for Ciron Black in the 2nd round.

I woud love to hear your thought process behind the pick and the thoughts on some of the BPA candidates when looking at the pick at #50. I thought you might have jumped all over Jason Fox with this pick??

Rounds 1 and 3 are sensational IMO.

I totally agree with Wooten and Gresham....I was torn when going through the draft as to far I thought they might fall. I have seen Gresham as high as 1st round to the Bengals, but I think the loss of Henry forces them into drafting a WR. As you said...when going by need/value...it forced a few players to fall. I know this happens every year....its just a matter of who. In my own mind I justified Gresham falling for two reasons...1) as I stated, the need/value system put other players ahead of him....and 2) With Gresham missing the season due to knee surgery, teams may not put him in the 1st round of their drat boards...keep in mind that Heath Miller was a highly ranked TE that fell to the end of the 1st round due to a simple hernia.

I think that Wooten is a player that has a one round window...from the end of the first to the end of the second . He could go as early as the first round to the Patriots or Jets, or anywhere up until the end of the 2nd. The factor that affects his placement seemed to be the strength of the 3-4 OLB position in the first couple of rounds.

With Derrick Morgan...Everson Griffin...Brandon Graham...Jason Pierre-Paul..Ricky Sapp...Sergio Kindle...Jerry Hughes...Koa Misi...Jason Worilds...and Austen Lane...all possible going in the first two rounds and all DE or OLB prospects...I think it will have an affect on players like Wootton and Greg Hardy. I think Wooten will not slip past Misi,Worilds, or Lane...but the rest of those players have the potential to be drafted ahead of him.

That being said...I CAN NOT make an arguement in regards to anyone who thinks Wooten will be taken in the first...its a very real possibility.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2010, 09:48 AM
LLT,

I just skimmed through your mock and would disagree with your decision to have Clausen go to St. Louis and Bradford to Washington. I liked it a lot better when you had the two switched.

St. Louis runs the West Coast. You don't need a guy with a huge arm, which Clausen has. Bradford is the smarter, more accurate QB of the two.

Clausen ran Charlie Weis's west coast offense out of Notre Dame for 3 1/2 years.

That being said...you are correct that Clausen/Bradford could be switched very easily based on combine performance. It will be interesting to see how that turns out. You are in good company picking Bradford over Clausen..Mike Mayock isnt sold on Clausen at all.

But like Aussie says, great effort and job overall. Do you do all seven rounds? If so, I'm excited to see how each of ours turn out.

I did last year...but once you get past the 4th-5th round it all sort of becomes a crap shoot...teams quit the need/value checklist and start drafting those players that have fallen or players that they have become enamored with for whatever reason....usually you can see a trend towards ST/Wave players...but its very hard to categorize.

supa_fly_steeler
02-07-2010, 10:49 AM
clausen sucks most overrated player in this draft.

nice draft if we get earl thomas, i shall cry.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2010, 11:35 AM
clausen sucks most overrated player in this draft.

nice draft if we get earl thomas, i shall cry.

Checking mock draft databases...Clausen is predicted over Bradford...3 to 1.:noidea:

The only team that I am really worried about drafting Thomas ahead of us is San Francisco....I think they will take a Tackle with one pick, but the second pick could very well go to Earl Thomas.

At this point I think that they will go with a 3-4 OLB..which is more critical to the success of a 3-4 defense than a safety is. Also, I think they will see that they can get a very good safety in the second round in the form of Chancellor or Nate Allen.

With the way that I have the draft panning out...I show that by taking a OLB with the 2nd of their two first round picks....they could end up with...

1) OT Anthony Davis
1) DE/OLB Everson Griffen (reports are that he is losing weight to work out as an OLB at the combine...already down 13 lbs to 6'3 269 lbs and running a 4.64 forty)
2) FS Nate Allen

Ricky Sapp is also a player that the 49ers have shown interest in....and could climb draft boards after the combine.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2010, 12:20 PM

With the 2nd round pick I used the need/value system that I constantly refer to. With our first pick going to Safety...our next two strongest needs are OT and NT. I used nfldraftscout's value rankings and with keeping an eye on 3rd round value determined a 2nd/3rd round combo of Black/Troupe.

Now..take in mind that I tried to keep personal preferance out of this draft. By adding my personal prejudices...I would bump Troupe up to a 2nd round pick and grab OT Rodger Saffold in the third for a three round draft of Thomas/Troupe/Saffold.

I have taken Fox off my boards until he is medically cleared...not from the knee injury, but due to being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat at the end of the season. If he clears, I think I would grab him as high as the 2nd round.

jollyrob68
02-07-2010, 01:03 PM
1. Earl Thomas or Jared Odrick
2. Maurkice Pouncey/Jon Asamoah
3.Toby Gearheart or Myron Rolle
4. Jordan Shippley/Kam Chancellor
5.Larry Asante/amari Spievey/LeGarett Blount
6. Zayne Beadles
7.Michael Hoomanawanui

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2010, 01:22 PM
1. Earl Thomas or Jared Odrick
2. Maurkice Pouncey/Jon Asamoah
3.Toby Gearheart or Myron Rolle
4. Jordan Shippley/Kam Chancellor
5.Larry Asante/amari Spievey/LeGarett Blount
6. Zayne Beadles
7.Michael Hoomanawanui

We should have at least two more picks in the 5th...and one more in the 7th.

I would love to have DE's Odrick, Wooten, or Carrington on our team by the end of the draft.

jollyrob68
02-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I think if the steelers draft a DB in the first then the draft should go as follows.
1.DB 2.OC/OL 3. RB(TOBY G ONLY) or DB 4. DT or Jordan Shippley 5. DT/OL/RB 6.OL/DB 7. TE

If they take a DT in the first then the draft should go as follows.
1.DT 2.OC/OL 3.DB 4. DB or Toby G 5. DL/DB 6.OL/DT 7. TE/FB

If a OL/OC if drafted in the first then draft goes as follows.
1.OL/OC 2. DB 3. TOBY G or DL 4. DL 5. OL/LB 6. DB 7.TE/FB

As you can see I want Toby G in the 3rd and if I can get Jordan Shipley in the 4th great if not I'd wait for free agents at wr.
I'd love to get Myron Rolle & Kam Chancellor both can play safety or LB. But if you get Earl Thomas then you only need one of them. I like Koa Misi and Micah Johnson as LB.

jollyrob68
02-07-2010, 01:39 PM
We should have at least two more picks in the 5th...and one more in the 7th.

I would love to have DE's Odrick, Wooten, or Carrington on our team by the end of the draft.

JAred Odrick would be great. The biggest problem the Steelers have is once Aaron Smith goes down they dont make the playoffs or are one and done. Getting Jared in the first would be AWESOME because I think if we could get Myron Rolle & Kam Chancellor they can be Safeties and LB. Thick,athletic safeties who can Cover & Hit.
However I think New England is going to snatch Myron Rolle in the second. They have Three 2nd round picks.
The Steelers need to acquire one or two more second round picks. They should sign Casey Hampton and trade him to Tampa or Kc for their two second round picks or a second & a third. The 2nd round is going to have very good people who slipped in it.
Carrington would be a great pickup as well. I like Tyson Alualu but he's not going to be around in the 3rd.
I just want us to get a quality Lineman for a change instead of waiting until late 3rd,4th or 5th. If the get Pouncey or Asamaoh I'd be happy. if not then they might have to reach to get a Center.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2010, 02:01 PM
JAred Odrick would be great. The biggest problem the Steelers have is once Aaron Smith goes down they dont make the playoffs or are one and done. Getting Jared in the first would be AWESOME because I think if we could get Myron Rolle & Kam Chancellor they can be Safeties and LB. Thick,athletic safeties who can Cover & Hit.
However I think New England is going to snatch Myron Rolle in the second. They have Three 2nd round picks.
The Steelers need to acquire one or two more second round picks. They should sign Casey Hampton and trade him to Tampa or Kc for their two second round picks or a second & a third. The 2nd round is going to have very good people who slipped in it.
Carrington would be a great pickup as well. I like Tyson Alualu but he's not going to be around in the 3rd.
I just want us to get a quality Lineman for a change instead of waiting until late 3rd,4th or 5th. If the get Pouncey or Asamaoh I'd be happy. if not then they might have to reach to get a Center.

I have projected Odrick to the Patriots at this point....but would LOVE to have him on our team. I dont think the Steelers will make DE a priority due to having two rookie DE's on the roster, but I wouldnt be surprised to see them pick up a player like Carrington if he falls to the 4th round.

I think we will pick up a DT at some point and the only 4 that I really like in this draft is Williams/Cody/Troupe/Thomas, and they may all be gone by the end of the 2nd round.

I think the Safety position may be our weakest...Thomas would be a blessing in the first, but if we go another route I would take Nate Allen in the 2nd and still be extremely pleased.

Not so sure about us drafting a center, Pouncy will go early and we have to many needs at other positions to take a center in the first 3 rounds...if J.D. Walton slides to the 4th he is a possibility...or maybe Eric Olsen in the 5th....but I like NONE of the other OC prospects this year at all.

Aussie_steeler
02-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Now..take in mind that I tried to keep personal preferance out of this draft. By adding my personal prejudices...I would bump Troupe up to a 2nd round pick and grab OT Rodger Saffold in the third for a three round draft of Thomas/Troupe/Saffold.

That combo sounds very solid indeed LLT.

FS / NT / OT would be a very good start indeed. As long as a SS and a OLB are added I couldnt care what happens with the other 5 picks.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2010, 03:36 PM
That combo sounds very solid indeed LLT.

FS / NT / OT would be a very good start indeed. As long as a SS and a OLB are added I couldnt care what happens with the other 5 picks.

SS Harry Coleman from LSU whould be there for us in the 4th-5th...Barry Church should also still be on the boards due to taking an unexplained dive on draft boards.

I have been keeping an eye on two DE's that would project as OLB in the pros. The first I have mentioned before...Arthur Moats from James Madison, who is 6'0" 246 lbs and runs a 4.58 forty.....and the other is Larry Hart from Central Arkansas who is 6'0" 248 lbs and also runs a 4.58. Both these players are now working out as LBers to improve their draft stock and are versatile enough to be listed as DE/ILB/OLB. Drafting a OLB in the 4th-6th rounds is generally a gamble anyway, and either of these players might eventually end up about there...but are currently listed as 7th-FA. Moats is reported to have VERY good strength. I would love to see the eventual pro-day results from either of these guys.

supa_fly_steeler
02-07-2010, 03:37 PM
My draft would go ~

1.Earl Thomas (the eventual successor to #25)
2.An Offensive Lineman will be their, theres a couple of good ones don't really know many OT's to be honest.
3.Myron Rolle (Backup Troy Polamalu, we need someone to backup just incase)
4.micah johnson (the only true 3-4 mlb i like quite frankly he's a beast
5.barry church eh go for BPA lol

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Updated 3 round
** denotes change in draft pick

Round 1

1. Rams
Jimmy Clausen QB from Notre Dame
TEAM NEEDS: QB, DE, DT, OG, CB, WR...Rams would like to trade out of #1 but no one wants to take on the Overall #1 draft pick contract. St Louis will do the right thing for their future and take a franchise QB instead of Suh. Clausen played in Charlie Weis's a pro style offense and has a legit NFL arm.

2. Lions
Ndamukong Suh DT from Nebraska
TEAM NEEDS: DT, CB, DE, LT, OG, WR, OL DEPTH...Lions will be thrilled to take the best player in the draft. Suh is a dominant playmaker that tops most draft boards.

3. Buccaneers
Gerald McCoy DT from Oklahoma
TEAM NEEDS: DT, DE, WR, CB, S, OL DEPTH...Defensive Tackle is a need position. At 6'4 and 305 lbs McCoy is a terror on the inside and a perfect fit for the bucs needs.

4. Redskins
Sam Bradford QB from Oklahoma
TEAM NEEDS: OT, QB, SLB, RB, OG, C...Redskins flirted with bringing in a FA QB last year. This year they draft Bradford as the future QB in Washington.

5. Chiefs
Russell Okung OT from Oklahoma State
TEAM NEEDS: OT, OG, 3-4 OLB, WR, 3-4 NT, C, S....Best lineman in the draft. Chiefs will continue to rebuild team in the trenches. Okung will allow the Chiefs to move Albert back to guard.

6. Seahawks
Eric Berry SS / FS from Tennessee
TEAM NEEDS: LT, OG, QB, RB, S, DL...Seattle might have been interested in a QB if one of the top two slid to #6 but Eric Berry is a game changer and a no-brainer if he is still on the board

7. Browns
Joe Haden CB from Florida
TEAM NEEDS: RT, 3-4 DE, ILB, CB, WR, S, TE...Browns could use help in several positions but will go with Haden at #7 and wait until the 2nd to draft a WR.

8. Raiders
Bruce Campbell OT from Maryland
TEAM NEEDS: 4-3 NT, DE, OT, RG, CB, LB, QB... Hard to figure what Crazy Al will do but one has to thing that he will become enamored with Campbell's skills physical attributes.

9. Bills
Bryan Bulaga OT from Iowa
Team Needs: QB, LT, DT, OLB, WR, OL depth. Bills unexplainably let their starting LT go last year, and brought in no one to replace him. After a year of playing revolving door on the front line, the Bills fill a position of dire need.

10. Jaguars
Derrick Morgan DE from Georgia Tech
TEAM NEEDS: DE, OG, S, DT, C, WR...Jacksonville had virtually no pass rush last year and as a result, the entire defense suffered. Morgan is 6'4 275 lbs and had 18 TFL last year with 12.5 sacks.

11. Broncos
Rolando McClain ILB from Alabama
TEAM NEEDS: 3-4 DE, C, 3-4 NT, OG, 3-4 ILB, WR, CB...Going to go with inside thunper Rolando McClain. If Brandon Marshall talks his way out of Denver, this pick changes to Dez Bryant

12. Dolphins
Sergio Kindle OLB from Texas
TEAM NEEDS: 3-4 NT, 3-4 OLB, 3-4 ILB, WR, S, OL Depth... No value at NT with the #12 overall spot. Jason Taylor and Joey Porter are aging....Sergio Kindle will bring youth to the position and at 6'3 250 lbs, he is an ideal outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense

13. 49ers
Anthony Davis OT from Rutgers
TEAM NEEDS: OT, CB, OG, DE/OLB, S, 3-4 NT...49ers have two picks in the first round. they know that good OT's dont last long, so they will use their first pick on future starter at Offensive Tackle.

14. Seahawks
C.J. Spiller RB from Clemson
TEAM NEEDS: LT, OG, QB, RB, S, DL...Seahawks need to bolster a running game that ranked near the bottom of the league. Think Chris Johnson...Spiller is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

15. Giants
Trent Williams OT from Oklahoma
TEAM NEEDS: DT, S, OT, MLB, CB DEPTH, C...At 6'5 318 lbs, Williams just needs a good NFL strength and conditioning coach to make him a very good starter.

16. Titans
Dez Bryant WR from Oklahoma State
TEAM NEEDS: DE, CB, OG, OLB, WR, OL DEPTH...Titans secondary was blasted this last year. Much of the problem was the result of littte to no pass rush. Pierre-Paul recorded 14.5 TFLs and 5.5 sacks last year
comment(s) 0

**17. 49ers
Patrick Robinson CB from Florida State
TEAM NEEDS: OT, CB, OG, DE/OLB, S, 3-4 NT...Initially had DE Everson Griffin in this slot, but Al Harris is getting old and Robinson would upgrade a poor backfield.

18. Steelers
Earl Thomas SS from Texas
TEAM NEEDS: CB, OT, FS, OG, 3-4 NT, 3-4 ILB, 3-4 OLB DEPTH...Lack of depth at the safety position killed the Steelers when Polamalu was hurt. Ryan Clark is a UFA and Earl Thomas would help a steelers defensive backfield that struggled.

**19. Falcons
Everson Griffen DE from USC
TEAM NEEDS: CB, DE, OLB, WR/TE, OL DEPTH, DT DEPTH...Could go CB here if Kyle Wilson has strong combine. Griffin is a versatile DE that would help the Falcons immediatley.

20. Texans
Mike Iupati OG from Idaho
TEAM NEEDS: OG, CB, 4-3 NT, FS, DE DEPTH, RB...Though Iupati needs a little work in his pass protection, he is the best OG in this draft and the Texans dangerous offense would love to upgrade the position

21. Bengals
Golden Tate WR from Notre Dame
TEAM NEEDS: OG, S, TE, WR, DT, SLB...Loss of Henry forces the Bengals to pick up a WR. Tate lines up on the other side of OchoCinco and reloads the WR corp. In 2009 Tate racked up 93 passes for 1496 yards and 15 TDs

22. Patriots
Jared Odrick DT from Penn State
TEAM NEEDS: 3-4 OLB, 3-4 DE, OG, ILB DEPTH, TE, WR DEPTH... Patriots missed Seymour more than they will admit. Odrick is a beast that will see the field very early.Great size and good motor make him a stud 3-4 DE prospect for New England.

**23. Packers
Kyle Wilson CB from Boise State
TEAM NEEDS: LT, CB, S, DL, 3-4 OLB DEPTH, RB...With no Tackle worth the spot, Packers may grab a rising start in Kyle Wilson.

24. Eagles
Jonathan Dwyer RB from Georgia Tech
TEAM NEEDS: DE, FS, OG, CB depth, OLB, RB DEPTH...Franchise RB in the wings to replace Westbrook when he retires.

25. Ravens
Brandon LaFell WR from LSU
TEAM NEEDS: WR, CB, DE/OLB, TE, DL depth...Ravens have one of the worst WR corps in the league. Mason still playing with retirement, Lafell gives the Ravens a legit young stud.

26. Cardinals
Ricky Sapp OLB from Clemson
TEAM NEEDS: LT, ILB, OLB, OL DEPTH, CB, TE... Sapp is another draft climber, Cardinals wont pass on an OLB that can start on day one.

27. Cowboys
Carlos Dunlap DE from Florida
TEAM NEEDS: OT, FS, ILB, DE, CB DEPTH, OG DEPTH...He could be drafted higher, but Cowboys would love to have Dunlap at Defensive End

28. Chargers
Jahvid Best from California
TEAM NEEDS: RB, RT, 3-4 NT, CB, 3-4 DE, LB DEPTH...Chargers surprised everyone last year by not finding the replacement for Tomlinson. This year they rectify that mistake with Best. Good quickness, extremely strong for his size.

**29. Jets
Corey Wootton DE from Northwestern
TEAM NEEDS: 3-4 DE, 3-4 OLB, OG, CB, WR, 3-4 NT...Putting Wooten closer to where he is projected and to a team with a need for a 3-4 DE.

30. Vikings
Dan Williams DT from Tennessee
TEAM NEEDS: OG, S, CB DEPTH, QB, LB DEPTH, DL DEPTH...Another "Williams" to be Pat Williams replacement. Dan Williams has a great motor and good quickness off the ball. Unlike Cody, he is more than a two down tackle. Good work ethic.

31. Colts
Brian Price DT from UCLA
TEAM NEEDS: DT, OT, CB, OG, DE DEPTH, LB DEPTH...Pac-10 defensive player of the year...The 6'2 300 pounder had 23.5 tackles for loss and 7 sacks. Colts could also use some help at OT, so Charles Brown is a possibility.

32. Saints
Sean Weatherspoon OLB from Missouri
TEAM NEEDS: OLB, NT, DE, C, OT DEPTH, TE DEPTH...6'2" 242 lbs.. Weatherspoon had 104 tackles, 14.5 TFL and 4 sacks last year. Perfect compliment to the Saints. CB Kyle Wilson is also a possibility here.

Round 2

1. Rams- Mardy Gilyard WR from Cincinnati
2. Lions - Devin McCourty CB from Rutgers
3. Buccaneers- Demaryius Thomas - WR from Georgia Tech
4. Chiefs-Jerry Hughes OLB from TCU
5. Redskins-Charles Brown OT from USC
6. Browns-Brandon Spikes ILB from Florida
7. Raiders-Terrence Cody DT from Alabama
8. Seahawks- Colt McCoy QB from Texas
9. Bills- Arthur Jones DT from Syracuse
10. Buccaneers- Dexter McCluster WR from Mississippi
11. Dolphins- Sean Lee ILB from Penn State
12. Patriots-Jason Pierre-Paul OLB from South Florida
13. Broncos- Dominique Franks CB from Oklahoma
14. Giants- Morgan Burnett SS / FS from Georgia Tech
15. Patriots-John Jerry OG from Mississippi
16. Panthers-Damian Williams WR from USC
17. 49ers -Kam Chancellor FS from Virginia Tech
18. Chiefs-Arrelious Benn WR from Illinois
19. Texans-Nate Allen FS from South Florida
**20. Steelers-Roger Saffold OT from Indiana
21. Patriots-Jermaine Gresham TE from Oklahoma
22. Bengals-Taylor Mays FS from USC
23. Eagles -Vladimir Ducasse OG from Massachusetts
24. Packers -Perrish Cox CB from Oklahoma State
25. Ravens-Javier Arenas CB from Alabama
26. Jets-Navorro Bowman OLB from Penn State
27. Cardinals- Kyle Calloway OT from Iowa
**28. Cowboys-Corey Graham DE from Michigan
29. Vikings-Jevan Snead QB from Ole Miss
30. Chargers-Cam Thomas DT from North Carolina
**31. Colts-Donavan Warren CB from Michigan
32. Saints-Aaron Hernandez TE from Florida

Round 3

1. Rams-Jared Veldheer OT from Hillsdale
2. Lions- George Selvie DE from South Florida
3. Buccaneers- Myron Rolle SS from Florida State
4. Chiefs- Koa Misi DE from Utah
5. Raiders- Jerome Murphy CB from South Florida
6. Eagles- Brandon Ghee CB from Wake Forest
7. Browns- Vince Oghobaase DT from Duke
8. Bills- Eric Norwood OLB from South Carolina
9. Dolphins- Alex Carrington DE from Arkansas State
10. Jaguars- Tim Tebow QB from Florida
11. Bears- Jacoby Ford WR from Clemson
12. Giants- Maurkice Pouncey, OC from Florida
13. Titans-Reshad Jones FS from Georgia
14. Panthers- D'Anthony Smith DT from Louisiana Tech
15. 49ers- Mike Johnson OG from Alabama
16. Broncos- Dominique Franks from Oklahoma
17. Texans-Toby Gerhart RB from Stanford
18. Steelers- Torrell Troup DT from UCF
19. Falcons- Marvin Austin DT from North Carolina
20. Bengals- Jeff Owens DT from Georgia
21. Raiders-Tony Pike QB from Cincinnati
22. Packers- Ryan Matthews RB from Fresno State
**23. Eagles- Syd'quan Thompson CB from California
24. Browns-Rob Gronkowski TE from Arizona
25. Ravens- Taylor Price WR from Ohio
26. Cardinals- Daryl Washington ILB from TCU
27. Cowboys- Carlton Mitchell WR from South Florida
28. Vikings- Dan LeFevour QB from Central Michigan
**29. Chargers- Ciron Black OT from LSU
**30. Colts- Selvish Capers OT from West Virginia
31. Saints- Greg Hardy DE from Mississippi

supa_fly_steeler
02-08-2010, 01:57 PM
im liking our pick earl thomas

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs160.snc3/18742_1285274665012_1624507611_677722_7087043_n.jp g

*edit*

ok i thought this was funny more people have googled earl thomas steelers than tyrone carter steelers... well nearly

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1042/earlthomas.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zg3gjo.png

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2010, 10:08 AM
im liking our pick earl thomas

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs160.snc3/18742_1285274665012_1624507611_677722_7087043_n.jp g

*edit*

ok i thought this was funny more people have googled earl thomas steelers than tyrone carter steelers... well nearly

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1042/earlthomas.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zg3gjo.png

I am seriously hoping that he is available....I DO have to wonder what Tomlin would do if Bulaga and Thomas were both available at #18.

Aussie_steeler
02-09-2010, 02:40 PM
I am seriously hoping that he is available....I DO have to wonder what Tomlin would do if Bulaga and Thomas were both available at #18.

He would have to go Thomas. WIth his background he would love to have a loaded tandem with Troy and Earl

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-10-2010, 05:09 AM
He would have to go Thomas. WIth his background he would love to have a loaded tandem with Troy and Earl

I would be inclined to agree...but then I have to think of the 1st/2nd combo....Buluga/Nate Allen.... or Thomas/Veldheer?

I think I still leand towards Thomas, but its good to know that there are attractive options.

Texasteel
02-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Just checked nfldraftscout.coms ranking of players, updated yesterday
Bryan Bulaga is now in the top ten just behind Okung

Both Cam Thomas and Torrell Troup are moving up, I still have a feeling both could end up in the 2nd round. They still have Thomas ahead of Troup.

LLTs guy Alex Carrington is moving up as well. Could be one to watch if you want an early 2nd day DE.

John Jerry, a name we are starting see around here, is move up as well.

Brandon Ghee looks to be sliding just a little. Combines could cure that though.

In their Mocks Rob Rang has us taking Dan Williams, Chad Reuter has us picking up Mike Iupati.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Just checked nfldraftscout.coms ranking of players, updated yesterday
Bryan Bulaga is now in the top ten just behind Okung

Both Cam Thomas and Torrell Troup are moving up, I still have a feeling both could end up in the 2nd round. They still have Thomas ahead of Troup.

LLTs guy Alex Carrington is moving up as well. Could be one to watch if you want an early 2nd day DE.

John Jerry, a name we are starting see around here, is move up as well.

Brandon Ghee looks to be sliding just a little. Combines could cure that though.

In their Mocks Rob Rang has us taking Dan Williams, Chad Reuter has us picking up Mike Iupati.

If not for Al Davis..I think that Bulaga would be the 2nd OT off the board. I have him going at around the #9 slot..so still within that top 10 projection.

For me...I am still struggling with the NT position. If we dont take a NT in the two rounds, I am thinking that the 4 who I would really want will be of the board.
I think we can get a very good OT at #18 in the first round....and a very good CB in the 2nd round and I think those positions take priority right now. So what do we do???

IF we franchise Hampton...we might be able to take a player that has a high ceiling but might not be ready to play for a year.

I have been catching up on Martin Tevaseu the NT from UNLV. He is 6'1" 329 and Marty Shottenheimer said he had a great week and worked his butt off at the East West game. (I trust Marty's assesment)

He could be picked up in the 5th-7th rounds.

He is flying under the radar because he went to a junior college...got a scholarship to arizona but blew out his knee...missed a year...and then transferred to UNLV.

Strangely enough...he is the 2nd cousin of Frank Summers

Texasteel
02-17-2010, 09:37 AM
I think there may be two wild cards here that could help us out Jared Veldheer, and Jason Fox. BUT if Veldheer has a good combine will that move him into the 2nd round, and if Fox is deemed healthy would he move back into the 2nd. Either way seems like we are one 2nd round pick short.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-17-2010, 09:43 AM
I think there may be two wild cards here that could help us out Jared Veldheer, and Jason Fox. BUT if Veldheer has a good combine will that move him into the 2nd round, and if Fox is deemed healthy would he move back into the 2nd. Either way seems like we are one 2nd round pick short.

That is a great way to put it.

Steely McSmash
02-17-2010, 12:58 PM
So you think every 3-4 team is going to pass on Dan Williams in the first round? Seems inplausible.

Curious also that you have Pouncey falling to mid third.

IMO if Earl Thomas and Dan Willams are gone we'd be well served to move down 8-10 spots and pick up another 2nd round pick. I'm tempted to do this even if Thomas is there.

Could have something like this then to start the draft:

1:28 Pouncey (OG)
2:18 Nate Allen
2:28 Cam Thomas

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-17-2010, 01:33 PM
So you think every 3-4 team is going to pass on Dan Williams in the first round? Seems inplausible.

Curious also that you have Pouncey falling to mid third.

IMO if Earl Thomas and Dan Willams are gone we'd be well served to move down 8-10 spots and pick up another 2nd round pick. I'm tempted to do this even if Thomas is there.

Could have something like this then to start the draft:

1:28 Pouncey (OG)
2:18 Nate Allen
2:28 Cam Thomas

My draft is 10 days old and I have held out on updating since Mike is going to add a draft site to SteelersFever and I dont want to be redundant.

Pouncy wont go in the first..and we MOST CERTAINLY wont take a center in the first round. Nate Allen is a great pick in the second. Thomas will gone by the time we pick in the 3rd round, but if he is there I would grab him in a heartbeat!!.

I think there will be a run on NT's but none of the NT's in this draft warrant a high or mid 1st round grade. Dan Williams is the only one that may go in the first and he is projected to be drafted around the mid to late 20's.
That being said...I think that 4 NT's will be off the board by the end of the 2nd round.

Aussie_steeler
02-19-2010, 01:39 AM
Congrats on being the first SF member having a full mock posted. Love the detail you included and was interested to see that you have Dez Bryant as the guy who falls in the first round.

I am glad you threw in a trade and made it interesting. ( i would probably throw in about 6 trades in my crazy mocks)

Keep leading the way in the warroom - we love your work.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Congrats on being the first SF member having a full mock posted. Love the detail you included and was interested to see that you have Dez Bryant as the guy who falls in the first round.

I am glad you threw in a trade and made it interesting. ( i would probably throw in about 6 trades in my crazy mocks)

Keep leading the way in the warroom - we love your work.

Thanks brother.

I think that the trend is for teams to wait on WR's....finding as much value in the later rounds as they have in the first.

I agree that there might be more trades but with such a major positional need, I think that the Giants HAVE to trade up in the first for McClain or in the 2nd for Spikes.

I can see a team like the Vikings trading up...and I think a team like the Browns who have soooo many needs would love to trade down and pick up additional picks.

Crazy Al is always a wild card, and may trade one spot up to the Browns at #7 to land Haden...giving Cleveland an additional 4th and 7th round pick. Then I could see Cleveland taking McClain at #8.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-20-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm hoping ALL of us draftniks send in a mock draft to MIke....then before the draft we can all put our heads together for one final Mock.

The more mocks we put up the more traffic we bring to the site!! So with Mike giving us this opportunity lets all do the needed research and put the required time into our drafts to show our appreciation.

GET THOSE DRAFTS TURNED IN!!!!!!:tt04:

Texasteel
02-20-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm hoping ALL of us draftniks send in a mock draft to MIke....then before the draft we can all put our heads together for one final Mock.

The more mocks we put up the more traffic we bring to the site!! So with Mike giving us this opportunity lets all do the needed research and put the required time into our drafts to show our appreciation.

GET THOSE DRAFTS TURNED IN!!!!!!:tt04:

I'm just planning on waiting till after the combines.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-21-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm just planning on waiting till after the combines.

Thats when I will do my next update. I'm still looking forward to all of is putting our heads together for a Consensus draft right before the actual draft.:thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Draft version 3.0

1. St. Louis Rams - QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
TEAM NEEDS: QB, DE, DT, OG, CB, WR
It looks like everyone is jumping on the Sam Bradford bandwagon. I predicted very early that the Rams would pass on Suh and build their team around a Franchise QB. I think that Clausen might be more NFL ready, but Bradford has the higher ceiling and there is no doubt that the Rams seem enamored with the Oklahoma product. Bradford completed an impressive 67.6% of his passes in college with 88 TDs and only 16 interceptions.

2. Detroit Lions - DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
TEAM NEEDS: CB, DE, LT, OG, WR, OL DEPTH
Some experts are predicting that the Lions might pass on Suh due to their signing defensive tackle Corey Williams. I think that there are several reasons why the Lions will stick with the Defensive Tackle from Nebraska. Suh is the best player in this draft and would bring a level of excitement to a franchise that desperately needs it. He is also a better DT than Williams but more importantly is versatile enough to either play beside Williams in a revamped defensive line or fill in at DE if needed.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
TEAM NEEDS: DT, DE, WR, CB, S, OL DEPTH
No change here. McCoy is a 6’3” and 300 lb, prototypical 3 technique who will bring a tremendous presence to the Bucs defensive front. He is a three year starter with 33 career TFL and 14.5 sacks. If there is anything that differentiates McCoy from Suh, it’s McCoy’s lunch pail attitude and his willingness to be a leader on the field.

4. Washington Redskins - OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State
TEAM NEEDS: OT, QB, SLB, RB, OG, C
There are a couple of teams that will control the direction of this draft and Washington is one of them. They could very well go QB at this slot and throw a wrench into the rest of the team’s draft boards but I still believe that they will find a replacement for retired OT Chris Samuels. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Redskins draft a QB in the first 3 rounds, but whoever is going to be steering this teams will need someone protecting their blind side.

5. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
TEAM NEEDS: OT, OG, 3-4 OLB, WR, 3-4 NT, C, S
Kansas City needs to move Brandon Albert to his more natural Guard position by drafting a true LT. By doing so will upgrade their O-line at two positions. Bulaga is outstanding as a run blocker and as a pass blocker. Some teams might be leery of his diagnosed thyroid condition, but every there is every indication that it is completely controlled.

6. Seattle Seahawks – OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma
TEAM NEEDS: LT, OG, QB, RB, S, DL
I think that the Seahawks will realize that they can’t afford to wait until pick #14 to grab a premier OT. As usual, there will be a run on offensive tackles early in the draft and Seattle will have to take Williams here to ensure that they can upgrade the position. If Clausen is still available they may draft him and take the unlikely gamble that an OT somehow falls to them with their second 1st round pick.

7. Cleveland Browns - CB Joe Haden, Florida
TEAM NEEDS: RT, 3-4 DE, ILB, CB, WR, S, TE
Haden answered all the skeptics with a very good forty time at his pro day and by doing so has placed himself back in the top 10. Some mock drafts have Eric Berry at this slot, but conventional wisdom says that you always draft a blue chip CB over a blue chip Safety.

8. Oakland Raiders - OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland
TEAM NEEDS: 4-3 NT, DE, OT, RG, CB, LB, QB
I want desperately to put Anthony Davis in this slot, but I can’t get past Al Davis’s propensity to draft players on physical attributes alone. That being said, I think the Raiders will pick up combine hero Bruce Campbell. The good news for Raiders fans is that the Maryland OT will end up being a very serviceable player.

9. Buffalo Bills - QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame
TEAM NEEDS: QB, LT, DT, OLB, WR, OL DEPTH
The Bills go with the Notre Dame QB, who will not only start, but upgrade the position on day one. If Clausen is off the board Buffalo will grab OT Anthony Davis to fortify a weak offensive line.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars - SS/FS Eric Berry, Tennessee
TEAM NEEDS: DE, OG, S, DT, C, WR.
With the signing of DE Aaron Kampman, the Jags have addressed their need to upgrade an anemic pass rush. Now they can focus on drafting Safety Eric Berry, who is a steal at #10. Jacksonville gets nothing less than a pro-bowl caliber safety that will man the position for the next several years.

11. Denver Broncos - ILB Rolando McClain, Alabama
TEAM NEEDS: DT, S, OT, MLB, CB DEPTH
Dan Williams would have been the pick here if not for the Broncos signing ex-Charger NT Jamal Williams. Now the Broncos can take inside thumper Rolando McClain. McClain is a huge inside linebacker (6’4 260 lbs) who is said to have outstanding football intelligence. Given a year or two and McClain will be making the defensive calls on the field.

12. Miami Dolphins - OLB Brandon Graham, Michigan
TEAM NEEDS: 3-4 NT, 3-4 OLB, 3-4 ILB, WR, S, OL DEPTH
Brandon Graham has an astonishing 56 career TFL with 29.5 sacks and 8 forced fumbles. Parcells LOVES to draft linebackers in the first round. NT might also be a need, but all things being equal the Dolphins will have trouble passing on Graham’s obvious talent and his ability to fill a need in the Dolphins defense.

13. San Francisco 49ers - OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers
TEAM NEEDS: OT, CB, OG, DE/OLB, S, 3-4 NT
The 49ers tried to fill the right tackle spot with Marvel Smith who couldn’t get on the field due to back problems. Tony Pashos tried to fill in but was injured in week 7 and now has signed with the Browns. The 49ers draft the young OT out of Rutgers to man the right side of the line and play bookend to LT Joe Staley.

14. Seattle Seahawks - RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson
TEAM NEEDS: LT, OG, QB, RB, S, DL, WR
This is a no brainer. The Seahawks upgraded their line with their first pick and now need to do something about their #29 ranked running game. Spiller will actually upgrade the Seahawks passing game by keeping defenders honest and closer to the line. The Clemson product is a threat to break out for a long run on any given carry.

15. New York Giants - LB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri
TEAM NEEDS: 3-4 DE, C, 3-4 NT, OG, 3-4 ILB, WR, CB
Weatherspoon can play at any of the linebacker spots. There are mixed reviews as to whether the Missouri Linebacker is brash or self-centered, but any way you look at it, by drafting Weatherspoon you are getting a defensive player with 406 career tackles and an incredible 43.5 career TFL.

16. Tennessee Titans - WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
TEAM NEEDS: DE, CB, OG, OLB, WR, OL DEPTH
Just as in past years, the WR prospects in this draft will slide a bit on draft day. Character issues are some concern but a team like the Titans will be willing to work with Bryant due to his high ceiling. Keep in mind that this is a player that recorded 1,480 yards and 19 TD’s in his last full season of play.

17. San Francisco 49ers - CB Devin McCourty, Rutgers
TEAM NEEDS: OT, CB, OG, DE/OLB, S, 3-4 NT
I think that the 49ers will take a good long look at DE/OLB Sergio Kindle, but in the end they will draft CB Devin McCourty. Though Kyle Wilson and Patrick Robinson are rated higher on most draft boards, the 49ers will see McCourty as an upgrade over Walt Harris and Dre Bly, and they will also take into consideration that McCourty comes with the additional bonus of being a superb kickoff returner….another major need for San Francisco.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers - CB Earl Thomas, Texas
TEAM NEEDS: CB, OT, FS, OG, 3-4 NT, 3-4 ILB, 3-4 OLB DEPTH
With the understanding that Pittsburgh has picked up a Safety in free agency, I still think that Thomas is the most likely player to be drafted by the Steelers. He is versatile enough to be listed as a CB on many draft sites and can fill in at either Safety position. NT Dan Williams is still a possibility as a future replacement for Casey Hampton, but for now I think that Pittsburgh will strengthen their most obvious weakness.

19. Atlanta Falcons - DE Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech
TEAM NEEDS: CB, DE, OLB, WR/TE, OL DEPTH, DT DEPTH
Kyle Wilson would have been a possibility here but the Falcons have strengthened the CB position in the off season. Look for the Falcons to upgrade a pass rush that missed when it drafted Jamaal Anderson a few years ago. They rectify that draft by taking the high energy DE out of Georgia Tech who finished last season with 18.5 TFL and 12.5 sacks.

20. Houston Texans - OG Mike Iupati, Idaho
TEAM NEEDS: OG, CB, 4-3 NT, FS, DE DEPTH, RB
The Texans struggled to run the ball last year and Chester Pitts,one of their better linemen, is shopping his skills to other teams. Mike Iupati is the best Guard in this draft and actually might be an upgrade over Pitts who will be on the wrong side of 30 when the season starts.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - DE Everson Griffen, USC
TEAM NEEDS: OG, S, TE, WR, DT, SLB
Cincinnati dealt with their lack of WR depth (sort of) with the signing of Antonio Bryant and Matt Jones. Geathers has been having trouble getting to the QB and Odom ended his season with an Achilles injury, so look for the Bengals to add a DE like Griffen who has the quick initial step and strength to put pressure on opposing QB’s.

22. New England Patriots - DT Jared Odrick, Penn State
TEAM NEEDS: 3-4 OLB, 3-4 DE, OG, ILB DEPTH, TE, WR DEPTH
Odrick is a versatile D-lineman who I anticipate to be a DE for the Patriots. If the Pats pass on him look for them to address their need at , but with the loss of Seymour and Jarvis Green, DE remains New England’s weakest position.

23. Green Bay Packers - CB Kyle Wilson, Boise State
TEAM NEEDS: LT, CB, S, DL, 3-4 OLB DEPTH, RB
I have seen Kyle Wilson drafted much higher on some mock site and in some publications. I personally think that his skill set places him near the bottom of the first round but only due to a his lack of resume in run support. The tape that I have seen leads me to believe that he …eventually…will be very adequate in that regards and will become a well rounded CB.

24. Philadelphia Eagles - DE Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida
TEAM NEEDS: DE, FS, OG, CB depth, OLB, RB DEPTH
I usually apply to the mindset that one year wonders shouldn’t be drafted in the first round. Two years ago Pierre-Paul was playing for Fort Scott Community College. With only one year of production at a legit college, he has all the ear markings of a potential bust, but there are always teams that fall in love with these players and are willing to take the gamble. I look for the Eagles to take a chance and attempt to bolster a defensive unit that has very little DE depth outside of Trent Cole.

25. Baltimore Ravens - OLB Sergio Kindle, Texas
TEAM NEEDS: WR, CB, DE/OLB, TE, DL DEPTH
The Ravens have picked up WR’s Anquan Boldin and Dante Stallworth in free agency in an attempt to give Flacco a few targets other then Mason. There will be ample opportunity for Kindle to be drafted before this slot but the OLB slides due to character issues in regards to drunken driving charges…suspensions…and leaving the scene of an accident.

26. Arizona Cardinals - OT Charles Brown, Southern California
TEAM NEEDS: LT, ILB, OLB, OL DEPTH, CB, TE
Brown is now a fixture on most first round draft boards. Brown will man the LT position eventually, which will allow the Cardinals to leave Levi Brown on the right side. Charles Brown is a converted TE who is maybe a couple of seasons away from being an exceptional starter.

27. Dallas Cowboys - S Taylor Mays, USC
TEAM NEEDS: OT, FS, ILB, DE, CB DEPTH, OG DEPTH
The Cowboys would love for one of the top free safeties to fall to them. From all accounts, Mays much heralded deficiencies in coverage are very correctable, and his over the top athleticism and speed will make him very attractive this late in the first round.

28. San Diego Chargers - RB Ryan Mathews, Fresno State
TEAM NEEDS: RB, RT, 3-4 NT, CB, 3-4 DE, LB DEPTH
Mathews is the consensus 2nd best running back in this draft. Matthews is a versatile back with very good hands and a willingness to block if needed. He has a career 6.1 YPC average and burst on the scene last year with 1,807 yards and 19 TD’s.

29. New York Jets - NT Dan Williams, Tennessee
TEAM NEEDS: 3-4 DE, 3-4 OLB, OG, CB, WR, 3-4 NT
When NT Kris Jenkins went down last year with an injury, the Jets were exposed by their lack of depth at the position. The 31 year old Jenkins is on the third year of a five year contract which gives Dan Williams the opportunity to rotate with the veteran until he is ready to take over.

30. Minnesota Vikings – CB Patrick Robinson, Florida State
TEAM NEEDS: OG, S, CB DEPTH, QB, LB DEPTH, DL DEPTH
This pick is going to be predicated on the assumption that Favre will be the starting QB in Minnesota. If not, look for the Vikes to grab a QB here and not wait until the second round when any potential starters may be gone. With that assumption in mind, the Vikings should go with CB depth in this draft. Robinson just ran a 4.40 at his pro-day and has long been considered a solid first round pick.

31. Indianapolis Colts - DT Brian Price, UCLA
TEAM NEEDS: DT, OT, CB, OG, DE DEPTH, LB DEPTH
OT and DT are the two biggest needs for a team with very few legitimate holes. . Price had 23.5 tackles for loss and 7 sacks last year and would be an upgrade for a defensive front that has been looking for a better pass rush. If Price isn’t available , don’t be surprised if the Colts draft OC Maurkice Pouncey with this pick.

32. New Orleans Saints- DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida
TEAM NEEDS: OLB, NT, DE, C, OT DEPTH, TE DEPTH
The Saints will be looking for a DE to replace the recently released Charles Grant . Dunlap is another player with some baggage, and will need to be brought along under a watchful eye. He has great size and very good lower and upper body strength. A disciplinarian like Sean Payton might be just what Dunlap needs to maximize his potential.

Shoes
04-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Cool mock LLT........man, I still like Mike Iupati.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Cool mock LLT........man, I still like Mike Iupati.

I agree with you...he is a beast. I just think that we are a year or two too early in drafting a guard that high

BritishSteel
04-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Nice draft LLT - agree that Earl Thomas is a good fit and offers some degree of versatility at DB, which makes him a value pick. I suppose it's not outside the realms that he's gone by the time we pick (Denver and the Giants might look at him, though they have bigger needs elsewhere), I'd settle for Kyle Wilson or Patrick Robinson, though neither have Thomas' versatility

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Nice draft LLT - agree that Earl Thomas is a good fit and offers some degree of versatility at DB, which makes him a value pick. I suppose it's not outside the realms that he's gone by the time we pick (Denver and the Giants might look at him, though they have bigger needs elsewhere), I'd settle for Kyle Wilson or Patrick Robinson, though neither have Thomas' versatility

Thank you.

I tend to go outside of conventional wisdome with the CB's this year. If Thomas isnt available I absolutely LOVE Devin McCourty if he is left on the board. He is going to be a stud for some team. I actually put him at #17 due to his CB & KR ability and based on the fact that his strengths meet the 49ers needs.

BritishSteel
04-04-2010, 04:10 PM
McCourty has good inponderables - bright guy, picked up the playbook at Rutgers super-quick and is a potential ST monster, so I see where you're coming from. I like Wilson because he's tough and aggressive and hits harder than a 5-10 CB should. I'd be happy with either to be honest

Aussie_steeler
04-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Nice work LLT. If things pan out that way Jacksonville is going to have a load of suitors lining up for a crack at Eric Berry.

They want Tebow in a big way and a giant bidding war would erupt for access to the #10 pick.

Derrick Morgan is also a huge steal at #19.

Those two picks alone would turn the draft upside with potential trades.

WIth Jerry Hughes. Maurkice Pouncey, Jermaine Gresham left on the board and under the new draft format I would imagine that there would be a lot of activity at the end of the first day lining up day 2 trades.

Texasteel
04-04-2010, 06:47 PM
As alway, a great job. I like any draft that has us getting Thomas. I agree with you on McCourty, he will skyrocket by draft day.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Nice work LLT. If things pan out that way Jacksonville is going to have a load of suitors lining up for a crack at Eric Berry.

They want Tebow in a big way and a giant bidding war would erupt for access to the #10 pick.

Derrick Morgan is also a huge steal at #19.

Those two picks alone would turn the draft upside with potential trades.

WIth Jerry Hughes. Maurkice Pouncey, Jermaine Gresham left on the board and under the new draft format I would imagine that there would be a lot of activity at the end of the first day lining up day 2 trades.

There is a good chance that Pouncy may go to the Colts at the end of the first round, but I still lean towards Indianapolis taking care of their DT deficiency.

Gresham has been on and off my first round board. Especially when considering the Bengals. I try and look at the draft from a GM's point of view. This draft is deep ar TE and with TE's like Gronkowski, Graham, Dickerson, and Pitta available later (and with the fact that Cincy picked up a 3rd round TE last year). I just dont see anyone in the first round who's TE need is great enough to use a pick. I think NFLdraftscout has him ranked #28 overall...so its possible he slips into the early part of the 2nd round.

I think Hughes slips into the first round under two conditions,

1) Teams have too many questions about Sergio Kindles character
2) Teams back away from Jason Pierre-Paul due to his lack of resume.

Galax Steeler
04-05-2010, 07:50 AM
I like your pick with Thomas I think he is going to be a stud for the Black and Gold.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-05-2010, 09:13 AM
I like your pick with Thomas I think he is going to be a stud for the Black and Gold.

He is so versatile and meets two specific needs at CB and Safety...He is one of the players we brought in for a personal workout...He is a high character young man, preachers son who plays the piano at his church, who only left college because his families home was destroyed after a hurricane and he wants to buy them a new one. I gotta say.......

I LOVE this kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Here is my latest 7 round projection (without trades)

1) CB/FS Earl Thomas-Texas
2) OT Jared Veldheer-Hillsdale
3) DE Mike Neal-Purdue
4) ILB Jamar Chaney-Mississippi St.
5) OC Eric Olson- Notre Dame
5)OLB A.J. Edds-Iowa
5) RB Charles Scott-LSU
6) TE- Michael Hoomanawanui-Illinois
7) NT Jay Ross, East Carolina
7) SS Barry Church-Toledo

+NuBbS+
04-05-2010, 10:24 AM
I agree with his mock draft for 2010. The main reason I wouldn't take Iupati in the first round is because we have a young and unproven OG in Kraig Urbik. I'd at least give him a shot just like Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett will get a shot this year as well.

Texasteel
04-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Here is my latest 7 round projection (without trades)

1) CB/FS Earl Thomas-Texas
2) OT Jared Veldheer-Hillsdale
3) DE Mike Neal-Purdue
4) ILB Jamar Chaney-Mississippi St.
5) OC Eric Olson- Notre Dame
5)OLB A.J. Edds-Iowa
5) RB Charles Scott-LSU
6) TE- Michael Hoomanawanui-Illinois
7) NT Jay Ross, East Carolina
7) SS Barry Church-Toledo

I would be extremely happy with that draft, my friend. Seems like people quit talking about Neal but he could bolster out D-line very well. Chaney could be a very good addition, and a great 4th round pick. There is not a person on that list that I wouldn't want.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-05-2010, 02:03 PM
I would be extremely happy with that draft, my friend. Seems like people quit talking about Neal but he could bolster out D-line very well. Chaney could be a very good addition, and a great 4th round pick. There is not a person on that list that I wouldn't want.

I have a feeling that we may be involved in a trade...if not, well.....This type of draft would fill a lot of holes and lack of depth at key positions

Shoes
04-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I like your picks LLT...you need a job in the front office!

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I like your picks LLT...you need a job in the front office!

I'll take it!!!!

It will give me a chance to have a little "sit down" with Ben...and talk a little about growing the eff up.

Shoes
04-05-2010, 03:11 PM
I'll take it!!!!

It will give me a chance to have a little "sit down" with Ben...and talk a little about growing the eff up.

and you could hire me to cut all the players the members of this forum dislike :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-06-2010, 08:33 AM
and you could hire me to cut all the players the members of this forum dislike :chuckle:

:chuckle:
Now that's some job security!!!!

Texasteel
04-06-2010, 02:59 PM
I'll take it!!!!

You could hire me to go out with him at night. It won't straiten him up, but they'll be so busy watching the crazy old man that they won't even notice what Ben's doing.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-06-2010, 03:03 PM
You could hire me to go out with him at night. It won't straiten him up, but they'll be so busy watching the crazy old man that they won't even notice what Ben's doing.

:dancing: Go Texas....Go Texas...Go Texas :dancing:

:old::checkit:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Udated Mock Draft

1 St. Louis
Bradford, Sam QB, Oklahoma
No change...As I have said before, you build a team around a QB. Bradford is the kind of QB that can give St. Louis 10 years of quality play.

2 Detroit
Suh, Ndamukong DT, Nebraska
Best player in this draft, can play any position on the front line, and even with the Lions FA acquisitions, they could use another quality player at DT.

3 Tampa Bay
McCoy, Gerald DT, Oklahoma
Great player, great character, great fit. A powerhouse DT with leadership ability.

4 Washington
Okung, Russell OT, Oklahoma St
With McNabb signed, the Redskins pick up a quality LT to protect the aging playmaker.

5 Kansas City
Berry, Eric SS, Tennessee
Change from last draft....The Chiefs have been putting out indications that they would be willing to keep Albert at OT if Berry were on the board.

6 Seattle
Bulaga, Bryan OT, Iowa
With the first of their 1st round picks the Seahawks grab an OT to fortify an aging line.

7 Cleveland
Clausen, Jimmy QB, Notre Dame
I havnt had Clausen going to the Browns until now....but the same logic that I am using on St Louis having to start their rebuilding with a QB, apply to the Browns also.

8 Oakland
Williams, Trent OT, Oklahoma
I havehad Campbell here all year, but now am going against conventional wisdom and am saying that Crazy Al still grabs an OT, but it will be Williams instead.

9 Buffalo
Davis, Anthony OT, Rutgers
Poor Buffalo...they need a QB in the worst way, but without trading up they will have to take an OT in the 1st round and enter the Colt McCoy sweepstakes in round 2.

10 Jacksonville
Haden, Joe CB, Florida
Jacksonville is the recipient of a gift wrapped blue chip CB...thanks to the run on OT's early in the 1st round.

11 Denver
Bryant, Dez WR, Oklahoma State
Even if Marshall isnt traded ...the Broncos are going to have to srtart preparing for life after Brandon. Bryant will be a #1 WR...either this year or next year

12 Miami
Thomas, Earl SS, Texas
The Dolphins have now worked out Ealr thomas THREE TIMES!!! Failing to pick up a FS in the offseason the versatile safety our of Texas gives the Dolphins a very young and talented backfield.

13 San Francisco
Graham, Brandon OLB, Michigan
San Fran needs a OLB/DE hybrid type of player and look for Hall of Fame coach Mike Singletary to be a good judge of Brandon Grahams potential.

14 Seattle
Spiller, C.J. RB, Clemson
Ranked near the bottom of the league in rushing...the Seawhawks grab the big-play RB out of Clemson.

15 New York Giants
McLain, Rolando ILB, Alabama
Couldnt have worked out better for the Giants. McClain is an incredibly talented ILB who will start on day one.

16 Tennessee
Pierre-Paul, Jason DE, South Florida
Pierre-Paul scares me to death. He has every earmark of a potential NFL bust...but some team will take an early gamble on him.

17 San Francisco
Campbell, Bruce OT, Maryland
After grabbing a defensive player with their first pick, the 49ers can now fill the hole at OT. Campbell is sliding down draft boards but I think he will still be drafted in the middle of the 1st round.

18 Pittsburgh
Wilson, Kyle CB, Boise St
I like Wilson (I gave him his props as far back as last November) and I like the fact that we are looking at drafting a CB. That being said...I like Earl Thomas and Devin McCourty better. Putting my own analysis aside...I think that Wilson's value fits better at the #18 slot and he will be an exceptional CB with a tweak or two in regards to run support.

19 Atlanta
Morgan, Derrick DE, Georgia Tech
Incredible value at this point...there is a chance that the 49ers snag him at #13, and Graham will be the pick here if that happens.

20 Houston
Matthews, Ryan RB, Fresno St
Houston needs some help on the O-line, but I keep hearing their FO talk about upgrading the RB corp. Matthews would be an INSTANT upgrade and would give the Texans a formidable 1-2 punch.

21 Cincinnati
Iupati, Mike OG, Idaho
NOOOOOO!!!! I really would prefer to see the Bengals waste this pick, but Iupati is the best Guard in this draft and meets an bengals need.

22 New England
Kindle, Sergio DE, Texas
Great fit for the Patriots who need some youth at OLB...there is a chance that new England takes a long hard look at jared Odrick as a 3-4 DE.

23 Green Bay
Brown, Charles OT, Southern Cal
Every year at least one 2nd round graded OT makes it into the 1st round. This years lucky winner is Charles Brown.

24 Philadelphia
Griffen, Everson DE, Southern Cal
Very underrated DE. The Eagles may go with a RB if matthews is still on the board but Griffen fits a need perfectly.

25 Baltimore
Gresham, Jermaine TE, Oklahoma
This is a pick based on intuition...The Ravens went all out in trading for Boldin and I think they get a pass catching TE to further utilize Flaccos arm.

26 Arizona
Weatherspoon, S. LB, Missouri
With Dansby leaving the Cardinals grab a linebacker that can play inside and outside. Now we get to have a mouth-off between Porter and Weatherspoon!!

27 Dallas
Mays, Taylor FS, Southern Cal
Dallas is actually a team with very deep talent. Mays is the type of Safety that Dallas has utilized before and they will know how to get the most out of his ability.

28 San Diego
Williams, Dan DT, Tennessee
The Chargers first pick will either be a NT or a RB. This should be a no-brainer if Williams is still available.

29 New York Jets
Odrick, Jared DT, Penn St
Odrick could go as high as pick #22 if the pats think he is the solution at DE, if they pass, the Jets can definetley use the Penn St product on their front line.

30 Minnesota
McCourty, Devin CB, Rutgers
McCourty is an undrerated CB who can also play St's. Two years from now I think we will see McCourty as one of the best Cb's in the game.

31 Indianapolis
Pouncey, Maurkice C, Florida
Pouncy is a player that has been way overanalyzed. Somw mocks have him as high as the early part of the first round. His talent doesnt warrant that kind of evaluation but he is a very solid pick at the end of the 1st round or early in the 2nd.

32 New Orleans
Price, Brian DT, UCLA
The Saints would love for an OLB like Weatherspoon to fall this far...if not they will bolster their front line with a DT like Price.

Steelers Picks

Round 1, Pick 18 (18) CB Kyle Wilson
Round 2, Pick 20 (52) OT Jared Veldheer
Round 3, Pick 18 (82) OC J.D. Walton
Round 4, Pick 18 (116) WR Andre Roberts
Round 5, Pick 20 (151) ILB Jamar Chaney
Round 5 Pick 24 (155) OLB Arthur Moats
Round 5, Pick 33 (164) DE Mike Neal (Comp pick)
Round 5, Pick 35 (166) RB LeGarrette Blount (Comp pick)
Round 6, Pick 19 (188) TE Michael Hoomanawanui
Round 7, Pick 18 (225) QB Mike Kafka
Round 7, Pick 35 (242) NT Jay Ross (Comp pick)

JHSilverback
04-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I like the Kafka pick and was actually thinkin that the steelers might take him in a later round...he's got a great arm and damn accurate too

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-13-2010, 09:42 AM
I like the Kafka pick and was actually thinkin that the steelers might take him in a later round...he's got a great arm and damn accurate too

He may go earlier...but I am trying to stay close to the rankings on nfldraftscout.com.

I desperately wanted to fit SS Barry Church into that draft...and I have some reservations about wether we will actually draft Blount (though I hear that LaGarrette was given a very strict set of rules by his coach, that he followed to the letter)

I would LOVE to get WR Andre Roberts....that kid is excactlythe type of young man I want on our team and is seriously underrated. Could be a STer immedialtely.

Aussie_steeler
04-13-2010, 07:17 PM
LLT - the extra 5th round pick gives up about 65 trade value points to trade with in higher rounds. That should get about 13 - 14 positions up in the third.

The three comp picks will be the ones that are thrown at gambles and practice squad hopefuls. I can see about 8 picks result on draft day and I hope that five of those come before the end of the third round.

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 07:19 PM
LLT - the extra 5th round pick gives up about 65 trade value points to trade with in higher rounds. That should get about 13 - 14 positions up in the third.

The three comp picks will be the ones that are thrown at gambles and practice squad hopefuls. I can see about 8 picks result on draft day and I hope that five of those come before the end of the third round.

How many draft picks to say moving up to a limit of say 10 in the first round excluding 2nd round pick?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-20-2010, 03:51 PM
I have sent my final draft to Mike and I am hoping that he has it on the front page Sometime tomorrow. (Just spend about 14 total hours on it with changes and projections)

I have enjoyed this year and hope that you all have enjoyed the research and thoughts.

-LLT

SteelerFanInStl
04-20-2010, 08:18 PM
I have sent my final draft to Mike and I am hoping that he has it on the front page Sometime tomorrow. (Just spend about 14 total hours on it with changes and projections)

I have enjoyed this year and hope that you all have enjoyed the research and thoughts.

-LLT

I always enjoy reading what you have to say LLT and I'm looking forward to seeing your final mock. :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Final 1st Round Draft and Final Projected Steelers Picks.

1 St. Louis Sam Bradford QB, Oklahoma

Value…Need…Availability all come together perfectly. Bradford is this years Stafford. There will be a few smoke screens thrown around, but when it all clears the Oklahoma QB will be the overall #1 pick. There is an outside chance that a team like Cleveland will mortgage the farm to move up to #1, but with so many needs themselves its unlikely.

2 Detroit Ndamukong Suh DT, Nebraska

The Detroit fan base is screaming for Suh…and the Lions front office has promised them that they will “not be disappointed”. With FA pickups and the drafting of the ultra-talented Nebraska prospect, the Lions will field a formidable defensive line. Detroit may also be interested in either DT Gerald McCoy or OT Russell Okung.

3 Tampa Bay Gerald McCoy DT, Oklahoma

You know it’s a great draft when a player like Gerald McCoy is the consolation prize for not getting Ndamukong Suh . McCoy fits the Bucs scheme perfectly and is a high character on-field vocal leader. The Bucs will have no problem grabbing Suh if the Lions go with an OT.

4 Washington Russell Okung OT, Oklahoma St

The Redskins will either trade out of the #4 slot or they will grab a premier OT to protect newly acquired QB Donovan McNabb. At #4 they will most likely have their choice of tackles from this draft and I still think that Okung is the best the group. If they trade town I think they will still only drop far enough to acquire a few picks and still be in position to draft an immediate starter at offensive tackle. In my mock draft scenario, I don’t think they will drop further than #13.

5 Kansas City Bryan Bulaga OT, Iowa

This is one of the harder picks in this draft. I think that the Chiefs will draft either Bulaga or Williams at OT and move Brandon Albert to the inside. That being said there is a chance that they may decide to go with safety Eric Berry

6 Seattle C.J. Spiller RB, Clemson

I have not had Spiller this high before but with rumor coming out of Cleveland that they are interested in drafting Spiller at #7, I think the Seahawks take the Clemson RB here to upgrade a running game that ranked in the cellar of the NFL. Seattle may also be interested in an one of the premier OT’s or even Dez Bryant.

7 Cleveland Eric Berry Safety, Tennessee

Cleveland needs help at a lot of positions. I think that they will take safety Eric Berry here if Spiller is off the board. Berry will bring some excitement to the Cleveland faithful as the best player at his position. The Browns may go with Clausen here but I think that they will wait until round two and enter the Colt McCoy sweepstakes.

8 Oakland Trent Williams OT, Oklahoma

I hate trying to get into Al Davis’s head. Its cold…dark…and smells like Metamucil. Davis has a history of drafting combine warriors so there is a chance that he will overdraft OT Bruce Campbell. Trent Williams is a better value here and also put up significant combine numbers.

9 Buffalo Jimmy Clausen QB, Notre Dame

Buffalo needs a Tackle…a Wide receiver and a QB. They are lucky that Clausen falls to them. I think that he will thrive with the bills if they can get some young talent around talent surrounding him. If Clausen is gone, look for the Bills to fortify their O-line with the first pick.

10 Jacksonville Joe Haden CB, Florida

Jacksonville had an abysmal pass rush this past year, but rectified some of that problem in free agency. I look for the Jags to grab blue chip cornerback Joe Haden with their first round pick. They still might want to add a DE at some point so there is a chance that Derrick Morgan might be on their radar.

11 Denver Rolando McLain ILB, Alabama

I want to put Dez Bryant here very badly, but I think that the Broncos dropped one WR with character issued and might be uneasy about picking up another with baggage. Besides, the WR position is deeper this year than the ILB position, therefore I think the Broncos will take inside thumper Rolando McClain and wait until the later rounds for a WR.

12 Miami Sergio Kindle DE, Texas

Miami lost Joey Porter and have been indifferent towards Jason Taylor. Sergio Kindle is a Beast at OLB and Parcells loves him some 1st round linebackers. Miami will also take a long look at both safety Earl Thomas and at NT Dan Williams.

13 San Francisco Anthony Davis OT, Rutgers

San Fran needs some help on the O-line, in their defensive secondary and at OLB. With most of the premier tackles gone, the 49ers will grab Anthony Davis at #13, and wait until #17 to fill one of the other positions of need.

14 Seattle Dez Bryant WR, Oklahoma State

I don’t believe for a second that the Seahawks recent signings are the answer to their needs at WR. Seattle was trying desperately to get Brandon Marshall and in failing to do that, they will take Dez Bryant to be their #1 WR and move Houshmandzadeh to the #2 WR slot. If an attractive OT option is still available the ‘hawks may go in that direction.

15 New York Giants Dan Williams DT, Tennessee

Williams is one of those players who might go as high as #12 or as low as #30. I think the Giants need a player with Dan Williams skill set and grab him early.

16 Tennessee Jason Pierre-Paul DE, South Florida

Tennessee is looking for a DE and may take a gamble on the freakishly athletic DE out of South Florida. Pierre-Paul is my pick for 1st round bust, but there are quite a few teams that have him high on their boards. I think the Titans may take a look at Derrick Morgan here or at drafting a WR .

17 San Francisco Brandon Graham DE, Michigan

Graham is one of my favorite players in this draft. I think he is the perfect fit for Coach Singletary’s 3-4 defense and has a good chance to be the rookie defensive player of the year. The 49ers will also look at a CB/RS and a safety at this spot.

18 Pittsburgh Earl Thomas SS, Texas

This pick just makes too much sense to me. I think that Earl Thomas will still be on the board at #18 and I think that he helps Pittsburgh at safety depth this year and as a pro-bowl starter in the near future. Also take into consideration that with the Steelers struggles at CB it’s possible that Thomas may be utilized as a corner early on.

19 Atlanta Derrick Morgan DE, Georgia Tech

Word is out that most 3-4 teams have taken Morgan off their boards with the realization that his talent fits the 4-3 defense much better. This has to be great news for Atlanta who previously held no hope that Morgan would fall this far. The Falcons will also look at Linebacker Sean Weatherspoon.

20 Houston Ryan Matthews RB, Fresno St

Houston has made no secret that they want to upgrade their ground game. Matthews will be a nice addition to the Texans RB corps and should give the team an immediate boost. Houston may also be looking at a DT if Dan Williams slides or at OG Iupati to upgrade their line.

21 Cincinnati Taylor Mays FS, Southern Cal

Mays is the type of player that Cincy covets. Ultra-athletic and has great speed. Though his coverage deficiencies are well documented, if Mays lines up right he is a human missile. The Bengals may also be looking at TE and OG.

22 New England Jared Odrick DE, Penn St

I think the Pats would love for Sergio Kindle or Brandon Graham to fall to them, but Odrick also meets a need by filling a hole at DE that the Pats haven’t filled since they lost Seymour. Odrick projects as a 3-4 DE for New England who might reach for OLB like Jerry Hughes.

23 Green Bay Kyle Wilson CB, Boise St

Kyle Wilson has gone from a “who’s that” to a “who’s who” in a very short time. Wilson has a chance to go earlier to a team like the Steelers but if he his still undrafted I thionk that the packers will take him. Green Bay may also be looking at an OT.

24 Philadelphia Mike Iupati OG, Idaho

Iupati is by far the best of a very weak OG class. He is a road grader that may start on day one for the Eagles. If Philly goes a different route I think it might be one position over and they would look at OC Pouncey .

25 Baltimore Jermaine Gresham TE, Oklahoma

Most boards have the Ravens going with a CB here, and I admit that it’s a very good possibility. I am gambling that that Baltimore is going to complete this years overall of the receiving corps by drafting a pass catching TE who can also block. Gresham is the faltering Todd Heaps future replacement. If they go with a CB, they may draft Devin McCourty.

26 Arizona Sean Weatherspoon LB, Missouri

With the lost of Dansby, the Cardinals would love to draft the brash outspoken Weatherspoon. I still have to wonder if there are enough words to go around if he and Joey Porter are on the same team. Arizona is said to also be interested in picking up an O-lineman and a young WR.

27 Dallas Bruce Campbell OT, Maryland

Dallas has a young OLT on their team but the lost of Flozell Adams leaves little behind him if he struggles. This would be a good situation for Bruce Campbell who may need a year to meet his full potential. Dallas also needs a FS and would take Taylor Mays if he is still available.

28 San Diego Charles Brown OT, Southern Cal

San Diego needs a NT and a RB but any left on the draft boards would be first round reaches. OT Charles Brown also would fill a need on the Chargers draft list and is a projected first rounder by quite a few teams. If NT Dan Williams or RB Ryan Matthews are available, the Chargers will probably take them over an OT. As a stretch, they may take NT Terrence Cody here.

29 New York Jets Devin McCourty CB, Rutgers

The Jets covet DE Jerad Odrick now that they have a WR threat in Santonio Holmes, I think Odrick will be long gone and the jets will take a CB to eventually line up on the other side of Revis. If that happends and if they take Devin McCourty…the Jets will have one of the most formidable CB tandems that I can recall.

30 Minnesota Brian Price DT, UCLA

Brian price will be the youth behind the Minnesota’s aging DT’s. He is extremely strong and could probably play NT even though he is “only” 300 lbs. If the right CB falls they might decide to go that route…and I still believe there is a chance that they reach and take Colt McCoy at the end of the 1st.

31 Indianapolis Maurkice Pouncey C, Florida

Jeff Saturday is getting a little long in the tooth and to be truthful, the Colts don’t have a lot of holes to fill. There is an outside chance that they draft a offensive tackle like Charles Brown or a defensive tackle like Brian Price if possible.

32 New Orleans Everson Griffen DE, Southern Cal

Griffen could go earlier to a team like the Falcons, but if not I look for the Saints to either draft him or a linebacker like Sean Weatherspoon.

Round 1......Earl Thomas FS/CB, Texas
Round 2......Cam Thomas NT, North Carolina
Round 3......Jared Veldheer OT, Hillsdale (Trade 3rd and two 5ths to move up to this slot)
Round 4,.....Andre Roberts WR, Citadel
Round 5......(Trade pick)
Round 5......(Trade pick)
Round 5......Nate Byham TE, Pittsburgh (comp pick)
Round 5......Charles Scott RB, LSU (comp pick)
Round 6......Adrian Tracy OLB, William & Mary
Round 7......Micah Johnson ILB Kentucky (comp pick)

SteelMember
04-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Good Looking draft, LLT.

Hey, and btw, you've made the big time....:chuckle: :thumbsup:

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

scroll down (3/14), and you'll find "STEELERS FEVER".

Yes. That's you, brother.

:tt04:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-21-2010, 10:07 AM
I put a note into the other Mock thread post to have the threads combined. I went out on a limb on some of the picks and backed off on some others.

I think we could very possibly see players like Demaryius Thomas ...Golden Tate...Terrance Cody...Jerry Hughes..or Colt McCoy make their way into the back part of the 1st round.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Good Looking draft, LLT.

Hey, and btw, you've made the big time....:chuckle: :thumbsup:

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

scroll down (3/14), and you'll find "STEELERS FEVER".

Yes. That's you, brother.

:tt04:

HEY!!!!

very cool.

tony hipchest
04-21-2010, 06:09 PM
excellent work LLT. as always, ive enjoyed your posts and watching you go through the process of compiling your mock. theres pretty much 3 i will pay attention to each year. this one, kiwan, and gosselin. you are in good company. :thumbsup:

each year there is the team that throws a monkeywrench and can crash an entire mock. last year it was the cheifs with t. jackson. the year before was jax trading up for the DL whose name escapes me right now.

who is the early team you feel will make a wacky move that has a domino effect that ripples your board? i think the seahawks go OL w/ pick 1 and get spiller at #14 (but even that, i dont see having a ripple effect).

Aussie_steeler
04-22-2010, 05:11 AM
I cant find fault really with any pick Perry. Maybe Brian Price's stock is falling a little but his pick would still be warranted.

I could see more than 4 OT's going before our pick at #18 only because someone is going to overpay for Iupati.

I believe that Philli is going to be a major factor in any trades come tomorrow.

Enjoy your draft night party and I look forward to being part of the post draft analysis.

Cheers

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Overall I feel that I didnt do to bad this year....I was either

1) Spot on
2) Off by one less than two picks or
3) mentioned the player/position as a possibility.

on 22 out of 32 picks.

Jacksonville blew me away with the biggest reach in the first round and I cant believe we had a total of 7 trades!!!!!!

Now we have to look at the best that are left.

I think that we "may" go with a CB or LB with the next pick....and I am starting to lean towards LB.

Aussie_steeler
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM
I can see CB ( Ghee, Cook) LB ( Misi) or DT/DE ( Joseph). Some cracking Free Safeties are going to be available but will me allowed to pass through. Might even be hard to pass up a good OT.

Teams are going to go nuts tonight to trade for McCoy or Clausen if they need a QB. Looks like the VIkes are now in a pretty good position if they want a QB. Will cleveland or buffalo make a move up for one?

Texasteel
04-23-2010, 08:47 AM
I can see CB ( Ghee, Cook) LB ( Misi) or DT/DE ( Joseph). Some cracking Free Safeties are going to be available but will me allowed to pass through. Might even be hard to pass up a good OT.

Teams are going to go nuts tonight to trade for McCoy or Clausen if they need a QB. Looks like the VIkes are now in a pretty good position if they want a QB. Will cleveland or buffalo make a move up for one?

Another ND dead armed QB that can't make decisions. Got Browns written all over him.

Man that was nasty wasn't it.

Aussie_steeler
04-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Another ND dead armed QB that can't make decisions. Got Browns written all over him.

I checked the code of conduct and it is still OK to call out a noodle arm when it is warranted.

I didnt see his fall from grace being this dramatic. How low can he go?

SteelMember
04-23-2010, 09:20 AM

:laughing:

The fact that he came from the Charlie Weiss, pro style offense really carried a lot of his hype, imo.

Texasteel
04-23-2010, 10:15 AM
I checked the code of conduct and it is still OK to call out a noodle arm when it is warranted.

I didnt see his fall from grace being this dramatic. How low can he go?

I would be surprised if he did make it past Cleavland.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Right now I am thinking Misi might be a possibility...unless Kindle continues to slide.

Aussie_steeler
04-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Right now I am thinking Misi might be a possibility...unless Kindle continues to slide.

I have been pimping Misi for a good while now, but yesterday I heard reports that he had a major back surgery 2-3 years ago.

It may well be enough to scare teams a little. Otherwise I think he has New England Patriot written all over him.

I am leaning towards Linval Joseph in the second now. I think the FO is stocking up for the future.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2010, 10:38 AM
I have been pimping Misi for a good while now, but yesterday I heard reports that he had a major back surgery 2-3 years ago.

It may well be enough to scare teams a little. Otherwise I think he has New England Patriot written all over him.

I am leaning towards Linval Joseph in the second now. I think the FO is stocking up for the future.

How surprised would we all be if they grabbed RB Toby Gerhart?

Texasteel
04-23-2010, 10:41 AM

How far would Kindle have to slide before we start thinking of moving up.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2010, 11:01 AM
How far would Kindle have to slide before we start thinking of moving up.

Yikes!!!

The Chiefs have two picks at #36 & #50
The Browns pick at #38
The Dolphins pick at #40
The Ravens pick at #43
The Patriots pick at #44 & #47
The Broncos pick at #45
The 49ers pick at #49

After looking at the board...I think its safe to assume that Kindle won't make it to us at #52.

tony hipchest
04-23-2010, 11:13 AM
After looking at the board...I think its safe to assume that Kindle won't make it to us at #52.i agree, but listening to sirius there is speculation that he slipped on so many teams boards due to medical evaluations of his knee. word is he may need micro fracture surgery, but again, i think its all speculation right now.

in the draft of sweed and hills we gambled on alot of guys who fell with past injury questions.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2010, 11:19 AM

Here is what I found on Misi and the back injury:

The senior suffered a back injury, the extent of which was unknown at the time. "I thought the worst," he recalled. Misi's friends and coaches, however, kept telling him everything would be fine. Turns out they were right.

Although the injury kept him out of Utah's season opener vs. Utah State, Misi more than made up for it. He started the next twelve games and wound up leading all defensive linemen in the Mountain West Conference with 71 tackles (34 solo) that included five sacks, 9.5 stops behind the line of scrimmage and three forced fumbles. That performance earned him first-team All-MWC honors and an invitation to the Senior Bowl.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1245666?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2010, 11:21 AM
i agree, but listening to sirius there is speculation that he slipped on so many teams boards due to medical evaluations of his knee. word is he may need micro fracture surgery, but again, i think its all speculation right now.

in the draft of sweed and hills we gambled on alot of guys who fell with past injury questions.

I hadn't hear about the knee...that would make a lot of sense.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Quick breakdown of our prospects.

It should be noted that we all talked about getting into that 3-4 round range inn which we saw a great deal of talent. I think that our FO did a pretty good job of that, giving us 5 prospects who fell within NFL.com's final grade for their top 100 players.

OC Maurkice Pouncey #19
WR Emmanuel Sanders #50
OLB Jason Worilds #73
RB Jonathan Dwyer #89
OLB Thaddeus Gibson #95

Now for a breakdown of our draft picks....

1) Maurkice Pouncey - Very Safe Pick. I had him graded out as a late 1st early 2nd rounder. His value was elavated a little due to a pretty serious lack of talent at the position this year. Could we have got him a few picks later by trading down? Probably. Will he be an upgrade at the position and play at a high level for the next several years? Definately. He can play Guard and Center and is one of the few interior lineman in this years draft that has the sand in his pants to stand up to bull rushers.

2) Jason Worilds - I keep hearing that Worilds has one of the fastest first steps in this draft. If he can make the transition from DE to OLB he could be a terror on blitz packages. He had 29.5 tackles for losses over the past two years. Video shows that this guy hits ballcarriers like a truck.

3) Emmanuel Sanders - Sanders didnt get a lot of love yesterday, but as I pointed out, he had climbed the draft boards and was ranked above WR's like Arrelious Benn on NFL.com. Sanders showed progression every year in college and topped off his senior year with a 98 catch 1,339 yard performance. He has ran a 4.40 forty and video highlights shows a reciever with ELITE leaping ability. This time next year we will all be talking about his tendancy to out-jump defenders.

4) Thaddeus Gibson - Another DE who the Steelers hope can make the transition to OLB. Gibson worked out for the Steelers coaches earlier this year and they obviously like what they saw in him. If you check his highlights, watch his backpedal. For a player that played college DE, he has a very smooth backpedal and lowers his hips like a CB when dropping into coverage.

5) Chris Scott - This was a surprise pick for me. I had thought that Scott projected as an mauling OG in the NFL, but Steelers.com has him listed as an OT. He has played every position on the line while in college so he has a little versatility. Scott will have to keep his weight in check and build some stamina but when fresh he looks like he locks on and controls defenders . Give Scott a year in an NFL weight/strength program and he might be a steal.

5) Bryant McFadden - I'm glad I didnt throw out my framed 2006 Pittsburgh Steelers team photo. Someone queue the Welcome Back Kotter theme song.

5) Crezdon Butler - Strickly a project player in the mold of Ike Taylor, good Size/Speed ratio but will need to be coached-up in regards to reading offenses and improving his tackling technique.

5) Stevenson Sylvester - Player who will probably make his mark on special teams initially but may have the range, closing speed and instincts to play both ILB/OLB if he can become more of a wrap up tackler. Might spend a year on the PS.

6) Jonathan Dwyer -One of the biggest steals of the draft, NFL.comranked him as the #89 best player and thought he might be gone in the 2nd round. A slow forty time initiated his slide, but Dwyer is a thick bodied, tackle-breaking power back who shows great forward lean and has a very good stiff arm. He is built to run over you...not around you.

6) Antonio Brown - I have heard alot of complaints about us drafting ANOTHER reciever. Well......Brown had 3,434 yards and five touchdowns returning kicks and punts over the past three years. I think its obvious why we drafted him. It also doesnt hurt that he runs a 4.42 forty and as a reciever he had 1,198 yards and 9 TD's last year.

7) Doug Worthington - Linebackers coach, Keith Butler, was at Worthingtons Pro-day workout and was obviously impressed by the DE's athleticism. Ohio State never really allowed Worthington the time at any one position and played him all over the D-line. He is a try-hard player that might light a fire under Sonny Harris, who could be on the outside looking in if Worthington makes the squad.

Aussie_steeler
04-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks LLT

Found a little gem on Sylvester. I like the way he reads the field in this highlight package.

He could well be a special team demon

http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/stevenson.html

Steel Glory
04-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks LLT

Found a little gem on Sylvester. I like the way he reads the field in this highlight package.

He could well be a special team demon

http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/stevenson.html

Nice find on Sylvester. He looks better working in space as an Inside Linebacker. I wouldn't worry about his speed, he is faster than Brandon Spikes :chuckle:

He has good vision and looks like he can fight off blocks pretty well. The video was well put together.