PDA

View Full Version : Redskins to trade Haynesworth?

lionslicer
01-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Haynesworths contract is huge and they can't pay him off to release him. Also they have been wanting to trade him, but since Shanahan wants to move to a 3-4, and Haynesworth hates being a runstopping defensive tackle, he'll most likely request a trade himself.

xfl2001fan
01-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Man, I thought that this was something legit. I was so ready to start laughing...but now it's just speculation. :flap:

I just can't see how the Redskins are going to go to a 3-4. Outside of the Raiders, I'm not sure if there is any owner dumb enough to take on Haynesworth's contract (since he's already on the Redskins.)

supa_fly_steeler
01-14-2010, 08:49 AM
haynesworth is the biggest pile of shit that has entered the nfl.

OVERRATED!

steelreserve
01-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Man, I thought that this was something legit. I was so ready to start laughing...but now it's just speculation. :flap:

I just can't see how the Redskins are going to go to a 3-4. Outside of the Raiders, I'm not sure if there is any owner dumb enough to take on Haynesworth's contract (since he's already on the Redskins.)

Jerry Jones is dumb enough, as long as there's no salary cap. The Cowboys can't sign FAs under the new rules since they made it this far into the playoffs, but it doesn't stop them from some lowball trade for a guy that's getting overpaid.

Which would make sense if this was anything more than a random rumor. Which, fortunately, it isn't.

Personally, I'd love to see Haynesworth stay in Washington and be unhappy about his role in a 3-4. There's some lesson in there about money not being everything, or something to that effect. Plus, it'll be fun to watch him help implode the team even further and see the NFL's stupidest owner be even more exposed as a moron. I mean, even other morons will be able to see it now.

xfl2001fan
01-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Jerry Jones is dumb enough, as long as there's no salary cap. The Cowboys can't sign FAs under the new rules since they made it this far into the playoffs, but it doesn't stop them from some lowball trade for a guy that's getting overpaid.

Which would make sense if this was anything more than a random rumor. Which, fortunately, it isn't.

Personally, I'd love to see Haynesworth stay in Washington and be unhappy about his role in a 3-4. There's some lesson in there about money not being everything, or something to that effect. Plus, it'll be fun to watch him help implode the team even further and see the NFL's stupidest owner be even more exposed as a moron. I mean, even other morons will be able to see it now.

The thing is...Dallas also plays in the 3-4, so it would be a bit pointless on his part to take him on...

Then again, I can see Jerry doing this and forcing his guys to learn the 4-3. :noidea:

lionslicer
01-14-2010, 03:47 PM
The thing is...Dallas also plays in the 3-4, so it would be a bit pointless on his part to take him on...

Then again, I can see Jerry doing this and forcing his guys to learn the 4-3. :noidea:

Raiders also play a 3-4

RoethlisBURGHer
01-14-2010, 05:11 PM
The Redskins wouldn't trade him to Dallas (or the Giants or Eagles).

lionslicer
01-14-2010, 05:28 PM
The Redskins wouldn't trade him to Dallas (or the Giants or Eagles).

He isn't that great. Shanahan knows the value of having cap room. He'll trade him to a division rival if he has to.

SteelerNation12
01-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Titans would pry welcome him back with open arms.

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Raiders also play a 3-4

no....they don't

lionslicer
01-14-2010, 06:03 PM
no....they don't

yes they do... They have Greg Ellis and Richard Seymour as their defensive ends. They've played a 3-4 since 2004.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/223662-raiders-need-find-another-nose-tacklequickly

Before the season started, writer talking about how they need a Nose Tackle.
bam