PDA

View Full Version : Dan Rooney 2009

TDSteeler
01-14-2010, 07:58 AM
I am curious how people feel about something I was thinking about...

Now I understand that he was mostly not in control of the team before he left but does anyone feel that maybe when Dan Rooney left that part of that team attitude might have left with him?

Before he left the players were saying that they all knew him and they loved playing for him. He was often refered to as being a father figure for some of the players and that everyone wanted to win for him. Maybe, even though he wasn't in control of everyday decisions, that he did alot for this team from the motivation and building a team mentality. Perhaps his absence was more costly then people realized.

Just a thought, let me hear how you guys feel about it.

:tt04:

zulater
01-14-2010, 08:05 AM
I am curious how people feel about something I was thinking about...

Now I understand that he was mostly not in control of the team before he left but does anyone feel that maybe when Dan Rooney left that part of that team attitude might have left with him?

Before he left the players were saying that they all knew him and they loved playing for him. He was often refered to as being a father figure for some of the players and that everyone wanted to win for him. Maybe, even though he wasn't in control of everyday decisions, that he did alot for this team from the motivation and building a team mentality. Perhaps his absence was more costly then people realized.

Just a thought, let me hear how you guys feel about it.

:tt04:

I think Troy Polamalu and Aaron Smith's absense on the field was much more costly.

WH
01-14-2010, 08:19 AM
It's a possibility. But I've never read or heard anywhere that the apple had fallen far from the tree when it comes to his son.

SteelGhost
01-14-2010, 12:04 PM
I think Troy Polamalu and Aaron Smith's absense on the field was much more costly.

This. And the lack of depth in the secondary IMHO :noidea: