PDA

View Full Version : Horton is getting interviewed too.

vrabinec
01-14-2010, 01:58 PM
This could be a real problem, particularly if Butler leaves too. Our secondary had issues, but Horton is an exceptional coach.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10014/1028286-100.stm

Indo
01-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Hmmm....

I can't decide if the mass exodus is a good thing or a bad thing

I guess we'll have to wait and see
but it's a little unnerving

SMR
01-14-2010, 02:35 PM
we can only wait and see... :nervous:

Steelers>NFL
01-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Well, we wanted to see changes. And there are happening, with maybe more to come.
Even though they are not changes brought from within.
Hopefully, they come out for better.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Maybe Lebeau should step down this year so we can hire Butler as our Def. Cord. this year... ??

Galax Steeler
01-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Maybe Lebeau should step down this year so we can hire Butler as our Def. Cord. this year... ??

I don't think that one is going to happen LeBeau has a job here as long as he wants it as far as I am concerned.

psusteelers4life
01-14-2010, 03:01 PM
If Butler does happen to leave why not maybe go after Kevin Greene. I know he just got hired with GB as a backer coach, but he did a good job with their backers. He has some experience with linebackers in the 3-4 because GB switched to that this year.

Psyychoward86
01-14-2010, 04:39 PM
changes can be good, but continuity is very important. We cant afford to have all of these guys leaving.

vrabinec
01-14-2010, 04:42 PM
changes can be good, but continuity is very important. We cant afford to have all of these guys leaving.

I'm hoping that Tomlin, LeBeau, and Arians (I just puked a little) provide the stability, and the new guys provide a fresh approach. I dunno, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing to have some new guy, a Tomlin guy, to light a fire under Ike and the rest of the secondary. This doesn't upset me as much as the prospect of losing Butler.

mesaSteeler
01-14-2010, 05:03 PM
I blame the @#$#@#$ Arizona Turdnials for all of coaches leaving. Our ex coaches and players have done well there (or perhaps I should say here) and now the rest of the copycat NFL has decided to raid our coaching staff.

Seriously though I hope all these assistants leaving does not indicate an unhappiness among the coaching staff with Tomlin being their head coach.

Indo
01-14-2010, 05:15 PM
I blame the @#$#@#$ Arizona Turdnials for all of coaches leaving. Our ex coaches and players have done well there (or perhaps I should say here) and now the rest of the copycat NFL has decided to raid our coaching staff.

Seriously though I hope all these assistants leaving does not indicate an unhappiness among the coaching staff with Tomlin being their head coach.

I think it merely indicates that people want to "move up". Why would anyone want to stay an assistant forever? Even Tomlin went from DBacks to DC to HC in a fairly short amount of time.

I'm not saying I like it. But it is what it is---everyone wants a bigger chunk o' change

mesaSteeler
01-14-2010, 05:19 PM
I think it merely indicates that people want to "move up". Why would anyone want to stay an assistant forever? Even Tomlin went from DBacks to DC to HC in a fairly short amount of time.

I'm not saying I like it. But it is what it is---everyone wants a bigger chunk o' change

I hope you are correct. Still these assistants have been with the Steelers for quite sometime.

SH-Rock
01-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Why do people want Lebeau to leave?
He is a genius and no defensive coordinator is as good as him. It's not his fault the butterfinger secondary can't make plays

OneForTheToe
01-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Where is Darren Perry?

devilsdancefloor
01-14-2010, 11:15 PM
it is what it is they want our defense guys at the moment. a lot of folks wanted horton gone at the end of the season i guess they might get their wish.

tony hipchest
01-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Where is Darren Perry?he is in green bay with capers and k. green. a member of his unit (c. woodson) was just named defensive mvp.

X-Terminator
01-14-2010, 11:22 PM
I hope you are correct. Still these assistants have been with the Steelers for quite sometime.

Yeah, but Butler has been interviewed in the past for jobs, but turned them down. Fans have been bashing Horton for the secondary play, so I'm not sure why anyone would be upset over him being interviewed by another team. Plus, those teams approached the Steelers about talking to Horton and Butler, not the other way around. If they were actively seeking other jobs, then you'd have a reason to be concerned. It's just an opportunity for career advancement, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Rick5895
01-15-2010, 04:28 AM

I don't believe it has anything to do with Tomlin. I would be more worried if a coach didn't want to seek an improved position, it might mean they are satisfied which could lead to complacency . Both Horton and Butler are interviewing for D.C spots. Coaches that are worth anything are always looking for greater challenges.

BigBen'sSwagger
01-15-2010, 05:00 AM
I am kinda glad we are seeing some turnover, because now we can see what type of a staff Tomlin can build. I can only hope he has some of the same success as Cowher, but either way I want to see what he does. This type of change will bring us into the Tomlin era let's see what we got.

supa_fly_steeler
01-15-2010, 05:15 AM
horton sucks, look at the way he developed anthony smith and ricardo colclough.

let the tramp leave, let lebeau coach the defensive backs, he is the best defensive back the nfl has ever seen not a problem as far as im concerned he could easily do that.

vrabinec
01-15-2010, 08:01 AM

When a team wins 2 Super Bowls in 4 years, other teams will assume that the assistant coaches know what they are doing, and will try to hire them. Just ask the Pats who routinely get raided this time of year.