PDA

View Full Version : Kinda cool site..

vrabinec
01-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Still exploring, but some things that I find interesting are that according to them, Hartwig has been the worst C in the NFL for the last two years. Reed was the worst kicker in the NFL this year. Colon was the best pass blocking tackle in the NFL. Woodley was the best 3-4 OLB. Gay, as bad as he was, was better than Ike, but both sucked. Clark was actually decent (which contradicts what I've been claiming). Timmons was a top 10 ILB. anyway, here ya go.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=G&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

lionslicer
01-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Still exploring, but some things that I find interesting are that according to them, Hartwig has been the worst C in the NFL for the last two years. Reed was the worst kicker in the NFL this year. Colon was the best pass blocking tackle in the NFL. Woodley was the best 3-4 OLB. Gay, as bad as he was, was better than Ike, but both sucked. Clark was actually decent (which contradicts what I've been claiming). Timmons was a top 10 ILB. anyway, here ya go.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=G&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

How was Reed the worst kicker? He's the worst KickOff kicker, but hes one of the better place kickers
Woodley has a bad coverage rating.

Steel-Bryan
01-14-2010, 04:21 PM
thats horrible

SMR
01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
thats horrible

Yer right. And to top it off, we have NO Stillers in the Pro Bowl this year.

sigh.....

vrabinec
01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
How was Reed the worst kicker? He's the worst KickOff kicker, but hes one of the better place kickers
Woodley has a bad coverage rating.

Reed was 47th in kickoff distance, 38th in kickoff height, 21st in long FGs, and only 12th in GD percentage overall.

Yeah, Woodley is better off rushing the passer. Unfortunately, Farrior has even a worse coverage rating, and somebody on that side of the field should be covering people.

lionslicer
01-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Yer right. And to top it off, we have NO Stillers in the Pro Bowl this year.

sigh.....

we have 2 actually

lionslicer
01-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Reed was 47th in kickoff distance, 38th in kickoff height, 21st in long FGs, and only 12th in GD percentage overall.

Yeah, Woodley is better off rushing the passer. Unfortunately, Farrior has even a worse coverage rating, and somebody on that side of the field should be covering people.

21 and 12 should be the only reasonably stats there. Kickers aren't paid big money to make kick offs, they make money to make field goals. Which is why most teams have 2 kickers.

vrabinec
01-14-2010, 04:39 PM
21 and 12 should be the only reasonably stats there. Kickers aren't paid big money to make kick offs, they make money to make field goals. Which is why most teams have 2 kickers.

Well, considering we gave up 4 returns for touchdowns, I have to say that I think a good locg kickoff is a valuable thing. And the site doesn't differentiate between the guys who shouldn't be kicking off, but are because the team is too stubborn to get a dedicated kick off guy. As far as field goal kickers go, yeah, he's not the worst, but overall? I can't formulate a good argument against it.

lionslicer
01-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Well, considering we gave up 4 returns for touchdowns, I have to say that I think a good locg kickoff is a valuable thing. And the site doesn't differentiate between the guys who shouldn't be kicking off, but are because the team is too stubborn to get a dedicated kick off guy. As far as field goal kickers go, yeah, he's not the worst, but overall? I can't formulate a good argument against it.

I guess you can say its his fault for the kickoff returns for touchdowns, since on like 2 of them, he made a very bad atempt to make the touchdown saving tackle and failed.

Psyychoward86
01-14-2010, 04:46 PM
oh god, guys dont use that website. This guy on another forum that i post on refers to that website all the time. It's wildly inaccurate.

Nnamdhi Asomugha is NOT the 17th best CB in the league

heath Miller is NOT the 31st best Tight end in the league

:doh:

ricardisimo
01-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Sounds like another bleacherreport.

SMR
01-14-2010, 04:50 PM
we have 2 actually

and I'm a stillers fan? sheesh!

my bad!
:banging:

srk173
01-14-2010, 07:49 PM
You guys are getting info from a site that has Nick Eason as our best DE. Give me a break, my 3 yr old son knows more about football.

SH-Rock
01-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Well Stephan is number 1 kick returner

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-14-2010, 10:09 PM
oh god, guys dont use that website. This guy on another forum that i post on refers to that website all the time. It's wildly inaccurate.

Thanks Pshchoward.....saved me the waste of time. References like this show that statistics can sometimes lie or be manipulated to show false results.

I am probably the biggest Colon fan on this forum, but NO WAY he is the best pass blocking OT in the NFL. :rofl:

steel striker
01-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Man it is going to be a long off season.

JEFF4i
01-14-2010, 10:53 PM

Precisely what I was thinking.

Seriously people, even a monkey knows Stefan, as good as he is, is not the best returner.

Reed the worst, Miller the worst? Yeah...okay. :coffee:

Galax Steeler
01-15-2010, 04:09 AM
This seems like a bunch of BS to me.

HometownGal
01-15-2010, 07:23 AM

My thoughts exactly. :banging:

Hey look at the positives - it's a new topic that we can bounce around rather than discussing the SOS that has infested this forum for the past several months.

vrabinec
01-15-2010, 07:31 AM
You don't have to agree with the rankings, but the stats are correct, and it has some cool stats like how many times linebackers were targetted in coverage. Obviously, the rankings are based on numbers and don't take a lot of things into consideration since it has Moore ranked higher than Mendenhall, but the stats breakdowns are interesting.

memphissteelergirl
01-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Sounds like another bleacherreport.

This seems like a bunch of BS to me.

What they said. :coffee:

plenewken
01-15-2010, 09:45 AM
I guess you can say its his fault for the kickoff returns for touchdowns, since on like 2 of them, he made a very bad atempt to make the touchdown saving tackle and failed.

Based on the kicking stats, both KOs and FGs, I'll take Ackers or Janikowski anyday over Reed.

fansince'76
01-15-2010, 10:37 AM

Anything about DPAR, DVOA, or "success rates?" :coffee:

vrabinec
01-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Anything about DPAR, DVOA, or "success rates?" :coffee:

That's Football Outsiders. This one is strictly stats driven without taking the opponent into consideration.

Kal
01-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Its not based on stats, its based on analysing each and every play - so a lot of things that dont show up watching a game in real time (I know - when I started doing work for the site my perception of players changed immensely)

The rankings aren't entirely to be taken at face value - its not to say the guy ranked 17th is the 17th best player at a position ... it simply looks at how they performed on every play. Penalties are weighted to highly but at the same time its something we're looking to correct. Even individual positions need to be looked at with their weighting rather than the overall ranking - although we're looking to put in a weighting feature.

Its a good indicator, and we can explain specific ratings if people want to delve rather than just dismiss because there is a method there.

We spend a ridiculous amount of time charting plays, analysing plays and accumulating stats (ours are more accurate than anything official because we're the only stat getters who do things retrospectively - i have so much admiration for stats inc because attempted to do what they do in real time is impossible)

Hopefully I can deal with questions and we can use the feedback to improve the site and help it grow.

Kemo Eat U
01-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Colon is not the best but hes better than what most people say he is