PDA

View Full Version : Seneca Wallace

PDX Hawk fan
01-31-2006, 11:42 PM
Think Cowher isn't worried about a trick play from Seattle after the NFC Championship game?

Holmgren is a genious. He even tricked the hell out of Seahawks fans last week.

Bring it, trickers!!!

tony hipchest
01-31-2006, 11:44 PM
hines ward, randel el

advantage- steelers

Koopa
01-31-2006, 11:46 PM
i'm sure cowher has the defense ready for anything, we'll be fine, no matter what kinda trick plays ya'll wanna try. to me ya'll have no one that is on the level of marvin harrison, wayne, cj, tj hadofuasdfjas or however the hell it's spelled and we did fine against them. darrel jackson is good but he's been running his mouth to much and it's gonna bit him in the ass and he is nowhere on any of them players level.

Hawk Believer
01-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Imagine a wideout or RB that the arm and mind of a QB. It would be interesting to see how it played out in the NFL.

steelguitar
01-31-2006, 11:53 PM
Seachickens will need a trick play but it won't matter. GO STEELERS

PDX Hawk fan
01-31-2006, 11:58 PM
Seachickens will need a trick play but it won't matter.

Actually, we DON'T need gay little trick plays like the outofworksteelworkers. That was my point.

Brady12
02-01-2006, 12:02 AM
What part of trick play has to do with throwing to a QB lined up at WR? It was a normal play. Trick plays for flea flickers, wr passes, etc.

PDX Hawk fan
02-01-2006, 12:07 AM
What part of trick play has to do with throwing to a QB lined up at WR? It was a normal play. Trick plays for flea flickers, wr passes, etc.

Exactly. He's only a receiver- treat him as such.

LOL!!!

Hawk Believer
02-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Well noted Brady12.

Regarding trick plays though. It cracks me up when people regard them as they are somehow less honorable. Any good coach should use one here or there if he sees the defense is over playing the run. Plays like that keep a defense honest.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Steelers call them Gadget plays, not trick plays..but if you make positive yards or score points. That's the bottom line..

good call hawk believer.

and PDX hawks fan, stop being such a tard with your posts.

DIESELMAN
02-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Think Cowher isn't worried about a trick play from Seattle after the NFC Championship game?

Bring it, trickers!!!

Tricked the fans? that shouldn't have been to hard to do....just remember they are playing the Steelers not the seachicken fans :helmet:

Hawk Believer
02-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Tricked the fans? that shouldn't have been to hard to do....just remember they are playing the Steelers not the seachicken fans :helmet:
So you wouldn't do a double take if Cowher put Tommy Maddox out a WR for a play?

What made it more remarkable is that Holmgren is known for being very conservative about players playing more than one position. Note that you'll never see our RBs or WRs recieve a punt. But I think he just figured he has too much athletisism sitting on the bench behind Hasselbeck.

drizze99
02-01-2006, 11:47 AM
If we put Maddox out at WR, then by all means have LOFA plaster his ass for me. Even if he doesn't get the ball....

Hawk Believer
02-01-2006, 11:50 AM
If we put Maddox out at WR, then by all means have LOFA plaster his ass for me. Even if he doesn't get the ball....
LOL. Fat Tony Voice" So you'd like some help making a problem to go away..."

syde18T
02-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Putting in the 2nd string QB for a play isn't much of an "awwing" trick. Couple of other AFC teams (Denver) has done the same thing, where they put the more mobile QB in to sneak it into the end zone.

seahawksfan
02-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Seachickens will need a trick play but it won't matter. GO STEELERS

Another in the long line of erudite, insightful posts by a football expert. Is this all you got?

Both teams probably have one or two "tricks" to use. However, both teams will use what got them here. There may be some variation which reflects the particular opponent scheme. At this time of the season the whole playbook could be utilized.

PDX Hawk fan
02-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Putting in the 2nd string QB for a play isn't much of an "awwing" trick.

You're right- the point is it WASN'T a trick- it was a demonstration that Wallace is a great receiver and the defender will have to treat him as such, or get schooled for a TD

tony hipchest
02-01-2006, 02:03 PM
You're right- the point is it WASN'T a trick- it was a demonstration that Wallace is a great receiver and the defender will have to treat him as such, or get schooled for a TD

wow, the steelers should try drafting a few atheletic qb,s and using them at the wr position.:rolleyes: maybe even have them toss a pass or 2. them ahead-of-the -curve seahawks may be starting a new trend here.:rolleyes:

SteelerFanInCA
02-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Imagine a wideout or RB that the arm and mind of a QB. It would be interesting to see how it played out in the NFL.
I do. He's called Kordell Stewart and it didn't' work for us.

Hawk Believer
02-01-2006, 03:42 PM
What I was getting at was that we've seen RBs and WRs play QB. I was thinking about a person who is more of a QB playing one of those positions.

SuperSteelers
02-01-2006, 03:54 PM

Or anyone else for that matter. Good riddance #10.

syde18T
02-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Don't even let me get started on Interception Kordell... lol

drizze99
02-01-2006, 04:16 PM
ugh... please refrain from bringing up Korky's name up guys, LOL!

83-Steelers-43
02-01-2006, 04:16 PM
And this goes back to my response in the well thought out "Joey Porter is scared" thread.

Keep it up "underdogs".

SuperSteelers
02-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Don't even let me get started on Interception Kordell... lol

To your dismay, you won't have to worry about #10 on Sunday... Instead, you should have a sick feeling in your stomach because of #7.

Suitanim
02-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Actually, we DON'T need gay little trick plays like the outofworksteelworkers. That was my point.

Economy smack? I've seen it all now...

clevestinks
02-01-2006, 04:36 PM

Bring it, trickers!!!
Holmgrem a great coach? Yes I agree. But trick plays don`t always work, so I think its something that isn`t really worth losing sleep over.

syde18T
02-01-2006, 05:18 PM
To your dismay, you won't have to worry about #10 on Sunday... Instead, you should have a sick feeling in your stomach because of #7.

And I should feel sick to my stomach because....?

Hint: See my avatar and sig... :)

SuperSteelers
02-01-2006, 07:59 PM
And I should feel sick to my stomach because....?

Hint: See my avatar and sig... :)

My eyes are playing tricks on me... :dang: that looks so much like SeaSick green.. Why don't you pick a real team to root for and then there wouldn't be any mistakes like this. :sofunny:

Avoid Lloyd
02-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Economy smack? I've seen it all now...

Yeah, Seattle fans REALLY can't talk trash well at all.

Granted some of them are more intelligent than Bungles fans...but come on, you're trashing on the Pittsburgh steel industry now?

Brady12
02-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Adding in, I think mostly everyone knew Hasselbeck was going to atleast look Wallace's way when you see him in the game. Teams don't see trick plays before the snap, they see them in development.

brianski71
02-01-2006, 11:52 PM
yeah were real scared of seneca wallace he has played in exactly one play since his ISU days where he wasnt even that good you take him ill take all of our weapons.......hines.......el........etc.

Da'Burgh
02-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Seneca Wallace? :jerkit: Wait 'til Hope or Polamalu puts a ding in his dome. He'll crumble.

Hawk Believer
02-02-2006, 01:00 AM
seneca wallace he has played in exactly one play since his ISU days.

Categorically wrong again.

syde18T
02-02-2006, 11:58 AM
My eyes are playing tricks on me... :dang: that looks so much like SeaSick green.. Why don't you pick a real team to root for and then there wouldn't be any mistakes like this. :sofunny:

You can talk your smack, but we'll be back next season after we heal from the TO disease to dominate the NFC once again.... :sofunny: