PDA

View Full Version : Show some Love for Big Ass Guns LaMarr Woodley thread

supa_fly_steeler
01-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Anyone think he could if he keeps playing aweosme go down as one of the best linebackers if not the greatest linebacker the Steelers have ever had? I know that's impossible with past talent. But this guy is unstoppable Philip Rivers shits himself at night with the after tremours of being sacked with the velocity of LaMarr.

Post any pictures of his sacks or hard hits youtube vids or discussion for this awesome dude.

http://steelerstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/lamar-woodley-257x300.jpg

58tjVst6GUs

Steelers>NFL
01-15-2010, 08:03 AM
He is a good LB. A great rushing LB. But let's not crown him the greatest just yet.
He has a loonnngggg way to go before he is considered.

supa_fly_steeler
01-15-2010, 09:32 AM
He is a good LB. A great rushing LB. But let's not crown him the greatest just yet.
He has a loonnngggg way to go before he is considered.

im crowning him the best 3rd year linebacker to ever come into the NFL. who played better than him during their 3rd years whilst being held and double teamed.

this doesnt include patrick willis, he's a freak.

Steeldude
01-15-2010, 09:41 AM
...if not the greatest linebacker the Steelers have ever had?

was that a serious comment? he has a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long way to go before being as great as lambert or ham.

i'm guessing you are very young.

Spidey
01-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Lamaar didn't turn up until week 12, that's not so great!

CanadianSteel
01-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Lamar is a beast and I look forward to cheering him for many years in the black and gold..... get him signed front office.

Also not sure anout best Steeler LB ever, big shoes...but he does have a good shot at becoming the Steelers all time sack leader if he hangs around for a bit.... no Pittsburgh LB and I not sure anyone in the NFL has put up his type of sack numbers consitantly their first 3 years in the NFL.

Rick5895
01-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Lamrr has a long way to go, and he will be a great one for us, but... there are a couple from the 70's, you may have heard of them, Jack Lambert and Jack Ham. Lamar and any other LB for the Steelers has a long way to go to be thought of as good as though two. IMO I don't think we will ever see it, but Woodley is great.

wootawnee
01-15-2010, 11:20 AM
im crowning him the best 3rd year linebacker to ever come into the NFL. who played better than him during their 3rd years whilst being held and double teamed.

this doesnt include patrick willis, he's a freak.

Your nuts........LT was undescribably unstoppable in the 80's........

supa_fly_steeler
01-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Your nuts........LT was undescribably unstoppable in the 80's........

exactly they called him LT because an unorginal name... Woodley is an original name and an original linebacker.

now show sum love :tt::tt:

LaMarrs name so beautiful they say it twice

LARMARR LAMARR

Vincent
01-15-2010, 11:42 AM
LT couldn't carry Brian Hinkle's jockstrap.

Hey, I'm just going with the flow here. :noidea:

meelanova
01-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Not a sack...yet. I'm pretty sure Garard was about to be WRECKED. lol

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+Jacksonville+Jaguars+Fn5zV-smNgDl.jpg

Hotrodder07
01-15-2010, 12:54 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/peter_king/01/16/championshippics/woodley-flacco.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2009/12/lamarr-woodley-200sm.jpg

Woodley is quickly becoming one of my favorite Steelers. He's a beast out there.

Galax Steeler
01-15-2010, 03:46 PM
I really like Woodley he is a beast he has his better years ahead of him. I can't believe that we actually got our hands on him in the second round. I guess alot of team are kicking there ass for not taking him.

supa_fly_steeler
01-15-2010, 05:05 PM
I really like Woodley he is a beast he has his better years ahead of him. I can't believe that we actually got our hands on him in the second round. I guess alot of team are kicking there ass for not taking him.

yea that, i wouldnt mind of taking him in the first he's payed off.

http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0201/nfl_g_woodley_576.jpg

Psyychoward86
01-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Woodley is going to be a gem for us someday (yes guy, SOMEDAY), but he's still climbing up the steps. His pass coverage is still questionable at best, although it got better as the season wore on, that lack of lateral speed isnt helping him much.

I get the feeling that someday, we'll look fondly upon his 1st 3 years as a steeler and see that they are nothing compared to what he'll offer in the future :tt:

wootawnee
01-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I like his pass coverage.......He is light years ahead of Timmons...

He was a huge steal in the 2nd round.......His next contract will be NICE......$$$$$$

Big Bucks Bra......

Prok
01-15-2010, 09:20 PM
LaMarr is easily one of my fav players on the team.

Not only do I think he'll be a great LB for us but he could also be a great DE. Heck, if Leanord Little can play DE Woodley can be dominant !! :tt::tt:

supa_fly_steeler
01-16-2010, 03:35 PM
LaMarr is easily one of my fav players on the team.

Not only do I think he'll be a great LB for us but he could also be a great DE. Heck, if Leanord Little can play DE Woodley can be dominant !! :tt::tt:

Definitions of a Woodley on the web

Woodley is a station on the Los Angeles Metro Orange Line. It is named after adjacent Woodley Avenue, which travels north-south and crosses the east-west busway route. The station is in the Los Angeles district of Lake Balboa.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodley_(LACMTA_station)

Woodley is a beast player who plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers. You dont mess with the Woodley or he will kill you. The ultimate pass rusher and sack maestro. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaMarr_Woodley

SMR
01-16-2010, 04:20 PM
I luv me some LaMahhhhhhhvelous!!! Still, he has quite a ways to go to go down as one of the best in the NFL history. Give him a career and we will better see.

steel9guy
01-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Woodley is a beast and hopefully we sign him so he continues to haunt joe flacco

steelerchad
01-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Steelers Top 10 linebackers in my opinion.

1. Ham
2. Lambert
3. Lloyd
4. Merriweather
5. Greene
6. Kirkland
7. Farrior
8. Porter
9. Harrison
10. Russell

Of course Woodley has had the fewest years to impact this team. Let's see how he moves up the list in years to come. I'm not convinced that Timmons won't end up having a better career than Woodley. I think Lawrence has the raw ability and he did come out of school a year early. This is not a slight to Woodley, he's one of my favorite Steelers and will be the next Jersey I buy when they sign him to a new deal. I always wait until they sign a guy to his second contract before plunking down the money for an authentic jersey since I bought Plex's jersey in his rookie year.

Psyychoward86
01-16-2010, 06:04 PM
I like his pass coverage.......He is light years ahead of Timmons...

no. they're both shaky at best, but Woodley is a lot worse in pass coverage. Aside from his pass rushing abilities, the only thing scarier than him in pass coverage is him trying to make an open field tackle on a WR or quick RB

supa_fly_steeler
01-16-2010, 06:18 PM
I thought Timmons was decent in pass coverage but sucky in run stopping

Psyychoward86
01-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Run D- Advantage Foote
Pass D- Timmons......by a bit

Timmons made some spectacular plays in pass coverage, but he was so darn inconsistent

SMR
01-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Run D- Advantage Foote
Pass D- Timmons......by a bit

Timmons made some spectacular plays in pass coverage, but he was so darn inconsistent

Yeah, his inconsistency puzzled me to no end!

:banging:

Prok
01-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Definitions of a Woodley on the web

Woodley is a station on the Los Angeles Metro Orange Line. It is named after adjacent Woodley Avenue, which travels north-south and crosses the east-west busway route. The station is in the Los Angeles district of Lake Balboa.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodley_(LACMTA_station)

Woodley is a beast player who plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers. You dont mess with the Woodley or he will kill you. The ultimate pass rusher and sack maestro. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaMarr_Woodley

LOL Nice post !! Do we have rep here? If so i'll rep you !! :tt:

Prok
01-16-2010, 09:45 PM
no. they're both shaky at best, but Woodley is a lot worse in pass coverage. Aside from his pass rushing abilities, the only thing scarier than him in pass coverage is him trying to make an open field tackle on a WR or quick RB

Simple solution.

Switch to the 4-3 defense and watch Timmons AND Woodley dominate the rest of their careers. I know I know a guy can dream can't he? lol