PDA

View Full Version : Will steeler fans ever be able to say this?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Colts QB Peyton Manning was sacked just ten times during the regular season, and not once in the team's last five games.

Wow that is incredible.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-ravenssecondary011410&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Galax Steeler
01-15-2010, 02:40 PM
That is pretty good stats but I don't think he will ever see that again he just had a good year.

vrabinec
01-15-2010, 02:44 PM
His receivers get open quicker, he makes his reads quicker, he gets rid of the ball quicker, his gameplan is designed for quick throws instead of deep throws, and his line blocks better. I think we can get receivers who get open quicker, and that may even happen next year. Ben's not gonna make his reads as quick. Ben's not gonna get rid of the ball as quickly. Arinas isn't about to desing a gameplan that's based on the quick timing routes like Indy has. And our line isn't about to block better unless our talent evaluation gets a lot better overnight. So, no. But I still think Ben'll end up with more Super Bowl rings than Peyton, so does it really matter?

lionslicer
01-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Manning has had many years where he has had very few sacks. I know a quarterback was only sacked like 8 or 9 times a couple years ago, i don't know if it was him or Favre. But Peyton plays in an offense built on a short passing game. Our Offense is built on 5-7 step drops, even if we had the best line in the NFL he'd still get sacked around 20-30 times a year.

Psyychoward86
01-15-2010, 05:00 PM
people give Peyton's O-line and receivers way too much credit. A lot of it, and i mean A LOT of it has to do with Peyton's ability to make blocking and play calling adjustments at the line of scrimmage. Not to mention his quick release. The guy is the most cerebral quarterback in the league, and as great as his O-line and his receivers are, he makes them look better than they actually are.

eafratitpm3
01-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Will Colts fans ever be able to say this? We have 6 Lombardis!!!!!! NUFF SAID

4xSBChamps
01-15-2010, 05:57 PM
people give Peyton's O-line and receivers way too much credit. A lot of it, and i mean A LOT of it has to do with Peyton's ability to make blocking and play calling adjustments at the line of scrimmage. Not to mention his quick release. The guy is the most cerebral quarterback in the league, and as great as his O-line and his receivers are, he makes them look better than they actually are.

I also think that Manning sees things in defensive movement AS the play is developing quicker than any quarterback in the game, then he mentally processes this information, and goes to Plan B, c, or D immediately:
crazy to say this, but Peyton may be under-rated

revefsreleets
01-15-2010, 06:18 PM
So how many sacks would Peyton have taken behind the Steelers line this year?

devilsdancefloor
01-15-2010, 06:54 PM
So how many sacks would Peyton have taken behind the Steelers line this year?

Well he would be throwing the ball away alot behind this line. But if half the sacks are "bens" fault then 25ish behind this line id guess.

Crow-Magnon
01-15-2010, 06:54 PM
I hope those stats take a big hit tomorrow.

SteelerEmpire
01-15-2010, 06:56 PM
IF we could have said that this year... we would be 16-0 in the regular season....

Ravnet
01-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Manning is absurdly difficult to sack; his release is so quick, and he always seems to be able to sense the rusher coming on at the last possible second, but like others have noted, a good portion of that stat can be attributed to the fact that Manning has great receivers and a good line.

SH-Rock
01-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Roethlisberger loves getting sacked, Steeler fans could say it but we would need a genius for OL like Lebeau is for defense cuz roethlisberger loves holding the ball

Psyychoward86
01-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Will Colts fans ever be able to say this? We have 6 Lombardis!!!!!! NUFF SAID

it's so easy to pull that out of the hat as a comeback that it's just way too dirt cheap.

was anybody around here throwing that around as a reponse to losing the the chiefs, browns, or raiders?

MattsMe
01-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Colts QB Peyton Manning was sacked just ten times during the regular season, and not once in the team's last five games.

Well, I'm Steelers fan, and I can say that Peyton Manning was sacked ten times.

So yes, I guess Steelers fans can say it. :noidea:

pepsyman1
01-15-2010, 11:25 PM
I also think that Manning sees things in defensive movement AS the play is developing quicker than any quarterback in the game, then he mentally processes this information, and goes to Plan B, c, or D immediately:
crazy to say this, but Peyton may be under-rated

Peyton is definitely a rare player...his mental approach to the game is unmatched besides his physical abilities. He also is a lot like Dan Marino was in his ability to pull the trigger and get rid of the ball. Marino was always thought of as kind of an immobile quarterback, but he was only sacked 270 times in 17 years...(Ben is over 240 sacks in just 6!) Manning's release isn't quite as quick as Marino's was, but it is quick. Ben is more like John Elway (over 500 sacks), refusing to give up on plays. I'm hoping he finds a happy medium somewhere in between.

lionslicer
01-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Peyton is definitely a rare player...his mental approach to the game is unmatched besides his physical abilities. He also is a lot like Dan Marino was in his ability to pull the trigger and get rid of the ball. Marino was always thought of as kind of an immobile quarterback, but he was only sacked 270 times in 17 years...(Ben is over 240 sacks in just 6!) Manning's release isn't quite as quick as Marino's was, but it is quick. Ben is more like John Elway (over 500 sacks), refusing to give up on plays. I'm hoping he finds a happy medium somewhere in between.

Marino holds the record for least times sacked in a year with 7 times... Ben gets sacked 7 times in a game a couple times a season.