PDA

View Full Version : Gerhart?

theplatypus
01-15-2010, 04:49 PM
He's leaving for the NFL. WHen do you think he'll be off the boards?

RJ1670
01-15-2010, 05:38 PM
3rd or 4th round is my guess right now. If he runs a good forty and interviews well he could climb to the second. I doubt he goes in the second, though.

ETA I didn't realize I've been reading here for two years and never posted!

SteelerNation12
01-19-2010, 02:39 AM
Probably round 3. I doubt he is a RB in the NFL. I think he is more suited for a Alstott type role for his career.

jonslow
01-20-2010, 04:27 PM
3rd or 4th round is my guess right now. If he runs a good forty and interviews well he could climb to the second. I doubt he goes in the second, though.

Agreed. He's pretty much "what you see is what you get" in my opinion. He's a tough runner and has enough speed to play tailback, but he doesn't have a ton of upside. He's not going to shock anyone with his agility or quickness and probably won't be a feature back anywhere. I do think he could be a Peyton Hillis-type multi-purpose back, though.

Jacob Hester was another back labeled with the "unathletic white running back" tag, but he was a good change of pace, short-yardage back in San Diego this year. There's definitely a place for him in the NFL, and some team will take a flyer on him in the middle rounds. He was fun to watch this year in any case.

revefsreleets
01-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Point being, he ain't the second-coming of Da Bus, so all the people who lament those days need to look elsewhere...

#1 Big Ben Fan
01-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Point being, he ain't the second-coming of Da Bus, so all the people who lament those days need to look elsewhere...

Well nobody is the second coming of the Bus but I wouldn't mind seeing Gerhart in a Steelers uniform. Of course Mendenhall is the starter but you need more then one RB in the NFL. I also think this team has bigger needs then RB within the first three rounds. I just think Gerhart is a good player and will be at the NFL level. I like the comparison to Alstott.

Psyychoward86
01-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Probably round 3. I doubt he is a RB in the NFL. I think he is more suited for a Alstott type role for his career.

:bowdown:

OMFG, I'll TAKE IT