PDA

View Full Version : 2010 AFC North Poll

DoubleYoi
01-15-2010, 06:27 PM
I just have to see what's running through everybody's cranium. What do you think is more likely to happen in 2010?

Shoes
01-15-2010, 06:31 PM
None of the above.

SMR
01-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Browns winning the playoffs is winning the vote- with TWO votes! Rofl
:sofunny:

devilsdancefloor
01-15-2010, 06:45 PM
None of the above.

:iagree:

DoubleYoi
01-15-2010, 06:52 PM
:iagree:

Something has to be more likely than nothing. I know they're all a long shot but entertain me here.

Steeldude
01-15-2010, 07:48 PM
the logical choice is selection the "steelers miss the playoffs" followed by "browns will make playoffs".

Prok
01-15-2010, 08:22 PM
WTf dude. Could ya have given us worse choices ?? LOL

I refuse to vote until i've had months to ponder this... :wink02:

lionslicer
01-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Browns aren't as bad as people make it seem. They went 10-6 couple years ago, and when they went 4-12 most games were close that they lost and many coaches and acouncers were saying they were a good team with a bad record.

They also have one hell of a defensive cooridnator. People think he sucks becuase he came from the Raiders, but his Raiders defense had top 10 pass defenses every year he was there. He just can't get his players to make tackles in the run game.

DoubleYoi
01-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Browns aren't as bad as people make it seem. They went 10-6 couple years ago, and when they went 4-12 most games were close that they lost and many coaches and acouncers were saying they were a good team with a bad record.

They also have one hell of a defensive cooridnator. People think he sucks becuase he came from the Raiders, but his Raiders defense had top 10 pass defenses every year he was there. He just can't get his players to make tackles in the run game.

I picked the Browns because they have a decent HC in Eric Mangini and Paul Holmgren can only help matters. Steelers could miss the playoffs again but I don't see the other two happening at all.

Galax Steeler
01-16-2010, 06:33 AM
I think I am going to leave this one along.:screwy:

HometownGal
01-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Damn you offseason - DAMN YOU! :banging: :banging:

Psyychoward86
01-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Browns finished the season strong. It may surprise a lot of people to learn that they finished with a 5-11 record. I picked browns making the playoffs. But none of that crap up there is gonna happen lol

steelerdave1969
01-16-2010, 12:35 PM
The Browns will most likely improve over the offseason and next season, but I really dont think they are playoff material yet. This AFC North could be very tough for years to come now. The Ravens are alot like the Steelers with age catching up with them on defense, but the Steelers have a nice nucleus of offensive youth in my opinion that will keep us competitive and I dont really see that with the Ravens especially at the skill positions.

MaidenIndiana
01-16-2010, 01:26 PM
I picked the Browns because they have a decent HC in Eric Mangini and Paul Holmgren can only help matters. Steelers could miss the playoffs again but I don't see the other two happening at all.

Paul Holmgren???? Is he related to Mike Holmgren

SteelerFanInStl
01-16-2010, 02:07 PM
none of the above

JEFF4i
01-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Oh the second one was Browns make the playoffs? Never skim, I thought it said Steelers make the playoffs. Which was the most logical.

All of those are pretty unlikely at this point for following reasons...

A) Steelers still finished 9-7 barely out of playoffs, I suspect we'll be back with a bang next year.
B) Browns are generating steam, but that doesn't mean Mangini and the gang won't screw it up in the meantime, especially if they lose Cribbs. A player that scores 25% of your points is a liability, but for the Browns, one you need.
C) Bengals aren't clutch. 'Nuff said.
D) Ravens go undefeated? They're good, not that good.

steel9guy
01-16-2010, 03:33 PM

I don't think "Paul Holmgren" will help all that much in the 1st year.

SMR
01-16-2010, 06:14 PM
I boldly say,

THERE IS NO FREAKIN' WAY THE STEELERS WILL MISS THE PLAYOFF NEXT YEAR!

UltimateBengal
01-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Bengals win the SuperBowl!!! :chuckle: Don't laugh, it could happen!:noidea:

Nadroj 20
01-16-2010, 06:43 PM
LOL this is funny

I dont think any of those are very likly but if i had to choose id go with the browns barley slipping in the playoffs with a wildcard birth.....i guess :rofl:

DoubleYoi
01-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Paul Holmgren???? Is he related to Mike Holmgren

Listening to too much hockey talk, I guess. Paul Holmgren is the GM of the Freakin' Flyers and he looks nothing like an overgrown walrus.

MIKE Holmgren is a brilliant football mind though. Hopefully the Browns wear off on him and dumb him down a little bit.

DoubleYoi
01-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Bengals win the SuperBowl!!! :chuckle: Don't laugh, it could happen!:noidea:

What makes you say that? They've showed no signs of being able to win a single playoff game let alone at least three.

Prok
01-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Damn you offseason - DAMN YOU! :banging: :banging:

LOL

I finally voted. I picked Steelers miss the playoffs because it was the only one with Steelers in it. Sound cool ?? :helmet:

casteeler
01-16-2010, 09:09 PM
if the ravens go undefeted the bungholes win the S.B and the browns make the playoffs Arians and Tomlin better pack their bags they'll be banned from the state of pennsylvania

SteelCityMan786
01-16-2010, 09:41 PM
None of the Above

Galax Steeler
01-17-2010, 06:39 AM
LOL

I finally voted. I picked Steelers miss the playoffs because it was the only one with Steelers in it. Sound cool ?? :helmet:

That don't sound cool at all.

Prok
01-17-2010, 11:19 AM
That don't sound cool at all.

Yeah well look at the other options.... :doh:

markymarc
01-19-2010, 01:52 PM
I vote for None of the Above!

SteelGhost
01-19-2010, 02:01 PM
None of the above.

IMHO Mike "Walrus" Holmgren is a great hire by the dawgs, but Mangina ....... *sigh*... maybe if they hire another HC for 2011, chances are Brucey will be available by then :rofl:

pancake
01-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Man that was a tough poll...

steelpride12
01-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Stupid poll!

vasteeler
01-20-2010, 10:25 AM
The Browns will most likely improve over the offseason and next season, but I really dont think they are playoff material yet. This AFC North could be very tough for years to come now. The Ravens are alot like the Steelers with age catching up with them on defense, but the Steelers have a nice nucleus of offensive youth in my opinion that will keep us competitive and I dont really see that with the Ravens especially at the skill positions.

hey steelerdave not nitpicking or anything but your font is too small, when i do read your comments i usually like what you have to say but to be honest with that small font i normally pass you by

SteelGhost
01-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by steelerdave1969

I agree with VASTEELER, Dave's font is very small. This size is better IMHO :thumbsup:

vrabinec
01-20-2010, 11:30 AM
I voted for the Bengals winning the Super Bowl. I thought they were one of the best teams in the NFL this year. They caught some bad breaks when they lost their best pass rusher early in the year and their best deep threat, and then Palmer's tumb got messed up, and finally when Henry passed away which clearly demoralized the team. They're gonna be a pain in the ass to play next year.

Nadroj 20
01-20-2010, 11:43 AM
I voted for the Bengals winning the Super Bowl. I thought they were one of the best teams in the NFL this year. They caught some bad breaks when they lost their best pass rusher early in the year and their best deep threat, and then Palmer's tumb got messed up, and finally when Henry passed away which clearly demoralized the team. They're gonna be a pain in the ass to play next year.

Palmers injured thumb was on his left hand I'm pretty sure....he just didn't play well down the stretch.

DoubleYoi
01-20-2010, 12:19 PM

This is the kind of discussion I was looking for when I started the post. I knew I'd get a lot of "none of the above" responses but I really don't think any of the choices are completely unrealistic outside of Baltimore going undefeated. In no way am I saying Cincy will win the SB next year but it's always possible.

Even more likely to happen in my book would be Cleveland making the playoffs. They're very capable of maintaining their Whipping Boy status but hiring Holmgren is a huge step in the right direction in my eyes. Whether or not he can polish a turd is yet to be seen but I wouldn't be completely surprised if they somehow snuck into the postseason next year. Playing against the other three teams in their division is an uphill battle to say the least but Cincy proved that a team can make a quite drastic turnaround.

vrabinec
01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Palmers injured thumb was on his left hand I'm pretty sure....he just didn't play well down the stretch.

I know it was on the other hand, but it still throws you off, because your normal motion is to slap that ball into the other hand, hold it steady that way, and whip the left hand out in front of the throw. If the thumbs broken, there's pain involved, and no matter how much mind control a guy can use, it's not the same motion as he's used to having. Not saying it completely screwed him up, I think losing Henry as a deep threat had more to do with his decline than the thumb, but it's a cumulative effect.

vrabinec
01-20-2010, 01:41 PM
This is the kind of discussion I was looking for when I started the post. I knew I'd get a lot of "none of the above" responses but I really don't think any of the choices are completely unrealistic outside of Baltimore going undefeated. In no way am I saying Cincy will win the SB next year but it's always possible.

Even more likely to happen in my book would be Cleveland making the playoffs. They're very capable of maintaining their Whipping Boy status but hiring Holmgren is a huge step in the right direction in my eyes. Whether or not he can polish a turd is yet to be seen but I wouldn't be completely surprised if they somehow snuck into the postseason next year. Playing against the other three teams in their division is an uphill battle to say the least but Cincy proved that a team can make a quite drastic turnaround.

I like the Browns o-line (better than ours), and I probably think more highly of Quinn than a lot of people do, but Mangini's gonna have to find some REAL receivers, and they're gonna have to find a way to plug the sieve in the their secondary. If they get lucky and get some hot shit receiver in the draft and a running back that gets hot, I guess I can see them climbing back into it, but I think Holmgren's influence is a year away from being felt, and while they may be improved, they'll fall short.

Rick5895
01-20-2010, 01:59 PM
None of the above will happen next season. The browns with Holmgren will be better, in 2 years when the get rid of the worst coach I have seen come along in a while , Mangini. Holmgren wants gruden and he will keep mangini around until he can get him.

lionslicer
01-20-2010, 02:16 PM
I like the Browns o-line (better than ours), and I probably think more highly of Quinn than a lot of people do, but Mangini's gonna have to find some REAL receivers, and they're gonna have to find a way to plug the sieve in the their secondary. If they get lucky and get some hot shit receiver in the draft and a running back that gets hot, I guess I can see them climbing back into it, but I think Holmgren's influence is a year away from being felt, and while they may be improved, they'll fall short.

That secondary will get very good next year, that DC from the Raiders is great at getting a pass defense. The Raiders have sucked since 2003, but he's been there since 2004, and through 04-08 that defense had one of the best pass defenses, each year, whether it was 1, or just in the top 10.

Browns running back, Harrison, (I think), had really huge games at the end of the season, I think he'll have a 1500+ year next year. And if they get some good recievers for Quinn to work with, the Browns could be a potential playoff team.

DoubleYoi
01-20-2010, 02:31 PM
None of the above will happen next season. The browns with Holmgren will be better, in 2 years when the get rid of the worst coach I have seen come along in a while , Mangini. Holmgren wants gruden and he will keep mangini around until he can get him.

Just curious....what makes Mangini the worst coach in recent history? There are guys who have had a lot more talent to work with and have produced worse records as head coaches. Mangini has coached under three brilliant football minds (Marchibroda, Parcells and Belichick) and something had to have rubbed off on him.

UltimateBengal
01-20-2010, 04:04 PM
I can't believe the Bengals have 4 votes to win the Super Bowl!:thumbsup: What's going on?:sofunny: Seriously though, the Ravens won't go undefeated. The Steelers should make the playoffs. But I can't believe the Turds are getting so much love!! Come on guys!:flap:

43Hitman
01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Can you say pigeon holed? Seriously, this is a completely absurd poll. I wish we could still give negative rep. :banging:

Oh and NONE OF THE ABOVE!

DoubleYoi
01-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Can you say pigeon holed? Seriously, this is a completely absurd poll. I wish we could still give negative rep. :banging:

Oh and NONE OF THE ABOVE!

I'm willing to bet the farm on the fact that you would've said the same thing last offseason after winning the Super Bowl. Low and behold, we missed the playoffs. With a defense that's another year older and a little bit of tension sprinkled in the locker room, I'd say the Steelers missing the playoffs again is less than an "absolutely absurd" thought. I don't think we'll miss the playoffs next year but I also didn't think that coming into this season. It's a little bothersome that you're willing to give me a negative rep because I simply posed a question.

Here were my reasons for giving the options I did:

1) Steelers miss the playoffs

The AFC North is on the rise as a whole in my eyes. Losing to the teams we did this year made many aspects of our team (secondary, special teams) suspect and until they can right the ship next year, another playoff miss isn't out of the question. We've also proven that we can lose to every team in our division which never bodes well for a playoff berth.

2) Browns make the playoffs

The Browns only lost 4 more games than the Steelers and finished the season on a strong note. Look for them to want to build on that momentum out of the gate next season with a proven football mind in the front office for once.

3) Bengals win the Super Bowl

Planets need to align for this to happen but it's still a possibility. Their running game and defense are two pieces of the puzzle that appear to already be in place. They very well could take the proverbial two steps back but if they can add a deep threat and another proven receiver through the draft/FA, don't be surprised to see the Bengals wreak some more havoc next year. Getting their first playoff victory will be the biggest test but the '05 Steelers proved a team can take the league by storm if they catch fire at the right time.

4) Ravens go undefeated

You're probably right. This is an absolutely absurd thougt but I had to give people a chance to choose this option and get reamed for doing so.

Nadroj 20
01-21-2010, 11:57 AM
I know it was on the other hand, but it still throws you off, because your normal motion is to slap that ball into the other hand, hold it steady that way, and whip the left hand out in front of the throw. If the thumbs broken, there's pain involved, and no matter how much mind control a guy can use, it's not the same motion as he's used to having. Not saying it completely screwed him up, I think losing Henry as a deep threat had more to do with his decline than the thumb, but it's a cumulative effect.

It might have hurt and bothered him but i do not think it effected his over all preformance....he just played poorly.