PDA

View Full Version : hockey jersey question

tony hipchest
01-16-2010, 06:36 PM
i have always wanted a mario lemieux jersey since the early 90's, but you just couldnt find one around here (or even el paso or albuquerque), plus its not something you can wear any day, year round, here in the desert. unlike a bsketball tank top, or football jersey (which both are nice and cool in the summer and have airholes).

well i finally broke down and got me a hero's of hockey vintage throwback lemieux jersey (with the angry skating penguin logo).

sewn to the inside of the back, right beneath the numbers is a white strap with velcro that also has 3 metal snap buttons on it. i noticed this on the crosby jersey i was looking at too.

what is this and what is it used for?

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2010, 07:14 PM
probably for fastening padding to maybe.....:noidea:

Pittsburghfan
01-16-2010, 07:32 PM
It is the fight strap. Players have to have it tied down to their pants so the jersey and pants basically become one. Correct me if I am wrong but it is so players don't get their jersey pulled over their head in a fight.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2010, 07:44 PM
It is the fight strap. Players have to have it tied down to their pants so the jersey and pants basically become one. Correct me if I am wrong but it is so players don't get their jersey pulled over their head in a fight.

good answer....

The strap attaches to the back of the pants, which keeps the sweater from being removed during fisticuffs (if a player does not have the fight strap attached and it comes off during fisticuffs then it's a game misconduct). It has nothing to do with being able to grab the sweater.

The replica sweaters do not have fight straps, however the authentic sweaters will have this.

It's a white elastic strap with a snap fastener that is attached to the underside of the back of the sweater.

throw you jersey on tony and go to a bar and test it out ...:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
01-17-2010, 05:57 PM
very cool. thanks guys... i had no idea.

good answer....:yep:

throw you jersey on tony and go to a bar and test it out ...:thumbsup:

as much fun as that sounds, there is NO WAY i am gonna go out an get someone elses blood on my brand new lemiex jersey (i'd have to kick their ass twice).

its nice and comfy (although i will stand out like a yellow sore thumb when i go out in it). :thumbsup: