PDA

View Full Version : Ed Reed to retire ?

Steel-Bryan
01-17-2010, 03:28 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d815c76f6&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Galax Steeler
01-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Reed is a good player and on one hand I would hate to see him go because of the caliber of player he is. On the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing him go because he is in the same division as us and always gives us a fit.

lionslicer
01-17-2010, 07:57 AM
he had a good year, but was injured a lot and his body is getting frail.

steeltheone
01-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Tough loss, injury filled season. After months of rest, he will change his mind.

Texasteel
01-17-2010, 08:05 AM
I will miss seeing him play. Just not against the Steelers.

stillers4me
01-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Makes me wonder how long Troy is going to last.

supa_fly_steeler
01-17-2010, 11:48 AM

Troy is superman his only weakness is the destructive madden game

Psyychoward86
01-17-2010, 12:05 PM
I doubt he'll retire. If he does, he's going to pull a Brett Favre.

I dont think he's THAT injury prone, maybe just this year.

lionslicer
01-17-2010, 12:20 PM
I doubt he'll retire. If he does, he's going to pull a Brett Favre.

I dont think he's THAT injury prone, maybe just this year.

This is his first year injured since 2005. Maybe because it was a neck injury he's worried. Most football players who get one neck injury, keep having recurring neck injuries until they are forced to retire. Like Mike Alstott.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-17-2010, 01:02 PM
He won't retire. He'll think about it now because he's in pain, but once he rests his body he will decide to keep playing.

Now if next year he has an injury filled year and/or hurts his neck again he might hang them up.

AlleghanyAdams87
01-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Ed Reed has had a debilitating neck impingement since the beginning of the 08 season. I don't think he will retire this season, but his time is quickly coming to an end. The hip injury he had this season is also one that could linger or be a "deteriorating" injury.

xbroughneck
01-17-2010, 03:07 PM

Which is why I fricken want the Steelers to draft Taylor Mays. I know, he can't change direction, hips are too tight..fine. If that's the case then no, I don't want the Steelers to get him.

But if he works out well at the combine I want his size and speed in the Steelers secondary. I have a hard time believing that if he's in the system for two years he'll be worse than Ryan Clark. And we need an eventually replacement for Troy. Someone that, when Troy gets hurt, can come in and we don't lose SPEED and the ability to make plays against the run.

zulater
01-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Ray Ray will kill him if he retires.:chuckle:

Honestly, give him a couple months and he'll probably be ready to lace 'em up again. Playing in the NFL is by all acounts a huge mental and physical grind. Ed's just wore out for the moment.

tony hipchest
01-17-2010, 05:22 PM
he looked pretty good on his 2 interceptions yesterday.

supa_fly_steeler
01-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Which is why I fricken want the Steelers to draft Taylor Mays. I know, he can't change direction, hips are too tight..fine. If that's the case then no, I don't want the Steelers to get him.

But if he works out well at the combine I want his size and speed in the Steelers secondary. I have a hard time believing that if he's in the system for two years he'll be worse than Ryan Clark. And we need an eventually replacement for Troy. Someone that, when Troy gets hurt, can come in and we don't lose SPEED and the ability to make plays against the run.

Earl Thomas. That's all i can say.

The Duke
01-17-2010, 07:06 PM
One of the few ravens I like. Hope he stays

Ben always makes him his bitch anyway

GodfatherofSoul
01-17-2010, 08:59 PM
I used to race online with a pretty nice setup (complete G25 and modded GTR2 on a PC). Last race of the season, I got prison raped at Mid-Ohio so bad the next day I put my setup up for sale on eBay. Two months later, I regretted it. Moral of the story: when a season ends badly take some time to let your emotions fade before making a hasty decision.

SteelerNation12
01-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Please retire Reed. Just make it that much easier to beat the Ravens again.

Psyychoward86
01-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Please retire Reed. Just make it that much easier to beat the Ravens again.

Zbikowski has been better than Reed when he filled in for him

Edman
01-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Ed Reed is one of the few Ravens I actually like. A great playmaker at safety, but one dimensional. He's great at centerfield, but not much else.

Reed never did much of anything against the Steelers. Ben shreds the Ravens secondary almost every game. So I won't mind if he stays put.

SMR
01-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Reed is a good player and on one hand I would hate to see him go because of the caliber of player he is. On the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing him go because he is in the same division as us and always gives us a fit.

Either you took the words right outta my mouth or you beat me to it.

:applaudit:

steelerdave1969
01-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Ed Reed was one of the greatest FS's to ever lace'em up in the NFL in my opinion. It wouldnt be the same beating the Ravens without him. I love the Canes and have always loved The U.. but if he goes I wish him all the luck in the world.

HometownGal
01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
I'd be kind of sad to see Ed Reed retire, as he and Troy are the best at their position in the NFL and he is one of the few Rats I actually respect.

Hope he changes his mind after he's had some type to allow his body to heal up.

SteelMember
01-19-2010, 07:03 AM
If Ray can't get him to stay, the FO will certainly pull the same thing they did with Derrick Mason... who was already retired. Beg and Plead.

supa_fly_steeler
01-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Lets hope Reed doesnt retire so arians cant air it out every game.

We arn't the Indianapolis Colts, we are the 6 time Super Bowl Champions*

*Should be seven time but New England cheated their way to one actually several

Angus Burgher
01-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I hope he retires. He's a very talented player and seems like a good dude, but without him, the Ravens' secondary isn't anything special.

Also, has anyone noticed that Reed looks like he's about 60 years old? Maybe it's just the beard that ages him, but man, I'd never guess the dude was only 31.

Psyychoward86
01-19-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d815d1138&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Derrick Mason is also pondering retirement.

He says he's "60-40" on retiring or not retiring

Indo
01-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Reed won't retire

He's beat up and frustrated...give it a few months and he'll be back on the field