PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Colbert to talk.

zulater
01-17-2010, 08:05 AM
http://www.steelers.com/article/116923/

Coming Soon: Kevin Colbert talks to Steelers.com

Director of Football Operations Kevin Colbert sat down with Bob Labriola for an exclusive two-part interview for Steelers.com. Part I, which will be available on Monday, Jan. 18 at 9 a.m., looks back on the 2009 season. In that segment, Colbert gives his opinion as to what went wrong and talks specifically about the number of older veterans on the 53-man roster.

Part II, premiering on Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 9 a.m., is all about looking forward to 2010. Colbert explains some of the changes fans can expect in a season with no salary cap, about the team’s philosophy regarding the use of the franchise tag on a player and where the talent available in the 2010 NFL Draft is the deepest.

This might be interesting? :noidea:

I'm looking foward to what he has to say, even if it turns out to be next to nothing, which is what i expect. :chuckle:. Tranparency isn't something I usually associate with multi- million dollar operations that are in cut throat competition.

zulater
01-17-2010, 08:07 AM
While we wait for the rest of the story I just want to go on record and tell you all that I'm a huge fan of Colbert!:tt02: Good guy to have running the shop. :thumbsup:

mulldog24
01-17-2010, 09:20 AM
I think that Colbert is 1 of if not the best GM type person in the league and it will be very worth while to see what he has to say.

Cinnjerm
01-17-2010, 02:42 PM
So am I the only one who read this thread title and got scared thinking it meant he was going to talk with another team?

supa_fly_steeler
01-17-2010, 02:55 PM
So am I the only one who read this thread title and got scared thinking it meant he was going to talk with another team?

he aint going nowhere ill brake his car wheels so he cant travel.

Stlrs4Life
01-18-2010, 10:37 AM
http://news.steelers.com/multimedia/MediaCenter/

groundhogday
01-18-2010, 09:37 PM
That was a great interview. "We're a 9-7 team" Period! It's all about the wins and stats mean nothing was my read on what he was saying. I'll bet he's kicking himself about letting Madison go. That killed us on returns.

CanadianSteel
01-19-2010, 08:56 AM
looking forward to hearing part 2 of this - thanks for the link...

Prok
01-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Somewhere in part 2: "We need to run the ball more..."

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S THE FREAKIN' PLAY-CALLING PEOPLE !!!!!!

*pulls hair out*

LOL

markymarc
01-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Kevin Colbert is the one person in the front office I would hate to lose. Here's to Kevin and Mike having a very successful off season and getting this team turned around for 2010.