PDA

View Full Version : Who's more overrated?

zulater
01-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Who was the most overrated qb in this year's playoffs?

PhilRivers, Tony Romo, Tom Brady or Brett Favre. ( I just had to include him)

I voted Brady. Not that he was worst among the lot, but all these years of hearing how he's the best qb in football history :blah: What a crock, he shouldn't even be in the discussion.

lionslicer
01-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Everyone knew Brady was having an "off" year this year, couldn't say he was overrated.
Tony Romo or Rivers would be the most overrated since they were on hot streaks before the playoffs started. But Rivers has to be more overrated with his performance today over Romo's performance today.
But then again Romo had a bad day too, but he did have a good day last week, so I'll give him that.

Nadroj 20
01-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Tony Romo by far, the other ones arent "overrated" at all

zulater
01-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Alright, my son wants to know who voted Favre?:mad:

:wink02:

#1 Big Ben Fan
01-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Tony Homo for sure. I don't think any QB that has won a Super Bowl should be on the list. Sorry just my opinion.

MasterOfPuppets
01-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Alright, my son wants to know who voted Favre?:mad:

tell him it was mangini.....:sofunny:

zulater
01-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Damn, what an idiot I am! How did I forget Donavan McNabb? :doh:

Anyone who wants to change their vote to McNabb just say so. :noidea:

I'm sticking with Brady though. It's personal, I just can't stand the s.o.b. . :chuckle:

X-Terminator
01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
I flipped a coin and went with Rivers, but he along with Romo and McNabb are the most overrated QBs in the league, hands down.

lionslicer
01-17-2010, 08:32 PM
You could have included Rogers, Manning because of all his one and dones in the playoffs, and Brees, even though he isn't overrated to most people :P

X-Terminator
01-17-2010, 08:36 PM
You could have included Rogers, Manning because of all his one and dones in the playoffs, and Brees, even though he isn't overrated to most people :P

Rodgers is not overrated...in fact, I don't think he gets enough credit for how good he is. Manning is going to be the greatest QB of all time, and he has won a SB. Brees...well, if he just goes to the SB, it'll be a big kick in the gut to Chargers fans since the team chose Rivers over him. They won't say it was a mistake, but it's sure turned out to be.

fansince'76
01-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Romo - the only reason that fool gets any pub at all is because of all the (over)hype his team gets and the fact that he was nailing Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood.

zulater
01-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Romo - the only reason that fool gets any pub at all is because of all the (over)hype his team gets and the fact that he was nailing Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood.

Thanks for adding Donavan to the poll!

Is there still time to get Flacco in too?:sign02:

4xSBChamps
01-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I got a guy who keeps telling me 'the Cowboys will win their 7th Lombardi before the Steelers do' (to which I often reply 'had they simply beaten the Steelers in SB 10 & SB 13, they'd have their 7th Lombardi', which pisses him-off to no end), so I did some digging-up facts about Tony Romo's play, from Thanksgiving weekend-on, when games really matter, in each of his 4 seasons as a starter for the Crygirls:
he has 14 wins and 13 losses (51%), and is 1-3 in the post-season (25%), while Roethlisberger is 32-12 (71%), and 8-2 (80%) in the playoffs.

while today wasn't Romo's fault entirely, he was by-far the most over-rated QB in the Divisional round of playoffs

#1 Big Ben Fan
01-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Joe Flaccid is the most over-rated QB in the entire NFL bar none. Just look at his play-offs stats.

steelreserve
01-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Rivers was overratd because of the hot streak this season ... Romo just has an overrated career.

Blitzburgh_Fever
01-17-2010, 11:49 PM
I went with Romo, though this year has shown him in a pretty good light. He still has a tendency to stare receivers down, but without T.O. he really spread the ball around. He's around a 3-1 TD-INT ratio, so hard to argue his efficiency.

I do think Rivers is incredibly overrated, mainly due to the crutch that is Antonio Gates. No offense to Heath, and I love him to death, but Gates is the new prototype for receiving TEs. If Ben had Gates, he'd be able to tear offenses up. I know the counter is that the Chargers have, other than Jackson, relative no names. The counter-counter to that is the Chargers have a great OL and have had great backs since drafting LT. This year was largely Rivers, but Ben had a close statistical year and the Steelers were a far, far worse team.

McNabb and Westbrook were the only bright spots on the Eagles offense for about 6 years, and they don't miss the playoffs when they have even mediocre talent at receiver.

Brady will probably go down as a top 10 passer, but God the media loves him.

Favre got the Vikings to the playoffs, so hard to argue there. Guy is a prima donna but he's a great QB.

Gnutella
01-18-2010, 12:19 AM
The most overrated QBs in the NFL

1. Eli Manning - People talk about his signature moments in Super Bowl XLII and his post-season performance en route, but forget that that post-season is the only one in which he has won a playoff game, which is unacceptable given both his pedigree and the amount of talent on his team.

2. Tony Romo - He played relatively clean, distraction-free football this season, but still found a way to mess up in the playoffs. He has elite physical skills, but I'm beginning to believe he's too aloof to be a reliable QB when the chips are down.

3. Peyton Manning - What I need to know is, if he's the greatest QB in NFL history, then why have his teams had such trouble scoring points in the playoffs? In half of his playoff games to date, the Colts have failed to score 20 points. Nonetheless, people will blame their defense for it.

4. Donovan McNabb - Mark my words: 10 years from now, he'll blame Eagles fans for the fact that he never won a championship, claiming that they put "too much pressure" on him. Unfortunately, Eagles fans aren't why he only plays well with a lead, or why he's the worst of all top QBs at executing a two-minute drill.

5. Carson Palmer - He's basically a more studious, focused version of Tony Romo at this point, and while he's never been a huge liability in big games, he's never really been an asset either. To me, he lacks intangibles, which is something every QB needs to be elite.

VegasStlrFan
01-18-2010, 01:09 AM
Based on "this years playoff performances", its between Rivers & Mcnabb and I say McNabb.

I would answer differently if it was based on active qb's in general. In that case its Romo hands down, he gets way more press than he deserves based on how irrelevant Dallas has been in recent years.

OneForTheToe
01-18-2010, 01:16 AM

He seems sure seems to have inspired Carrie to write some pretty strong man-hatey music.

Galax Steeler
01-18-2010, 04:43 AM
I voted Romo there is so much hype about him and that this was going to be his year and look where he is sitting at home watching the games.:rofl:

SteelerNation12
01-18-2010, 05:03 AM
Donovan McNabb he is hot garbage come crunch time.

steeltheone
01-18-2010, 05:44 AM
Romo Or Rivers...Neither have won a big game.

steeltheone
01-18-2010, 05:54 AM
Tony Homo for sure. I don't think any QB that has won a Super Bowl should be on the list. Sorry just my opinion.

agreed....Brady c'mon

zulater
01-18-2010, 07:10 AM
agreed....Brady c'mon

For overrated yes. Obviously he's an elite NFL qb. But I consider him overrated because of how much he's been built up by the press over the years. Brady was elevated above Joe Montana, john Unitas, and anyone else you care to name and declared the greatest to ever play the game. He's not, and never really was. He had one great year statistically. Thus I consider him overrated.

supa_fly_steeler
01-18-2010, 07:33 AM
tony homo hes never gonna win da big game.

HometownGal
01-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Philip Rivers hands down with Romo getting an honorable mention.

zulater
01-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Philip Rivers hands down with Romo getting an honorable mention.

You mean "dis" honorable mention. :chuckle:

SMR
01-18-2010, 05:45 PM
I picked Tony Romo with Marcia Brady a VERRRRRRRY close second.

7SteelGal43
01-18-2010, 05:52 PM
That was a hard question to answer, but I picked Rivers just because I can't stand that self important little punk a** b****. He's such a BRAT

Gnutella
01-18-2010, 07:23 PM
So anyway, is Philip Rivers still better than Ben Roethlisberger? *lol*

zulater
01-18-2010, 08:34 PM
So anyway, is Philip Rivers still better than Ben Roethlisberger? *lol*

No more than he was two days ago. Just now maybe a few people other than Steelers fans realize it too. :chuckle:

Angus Burgher
01-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Palmer really should be on this list.

zulater
01-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Palmer really should be on this list.

Good point. I forgot he was even in them. :doh:

It's almost as if the Bungles never made the playoffs to begin with though as quickly as they went out.:chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-20-2010, 11:05 AM
I had to vote Tony Homo.

He gets a ton of press because he's the Dallas Cowboys quarterback, but Dallas has been a very irrelevant football team for a decade. it took them what, 13 years to win a playoff game?

Some people think because his team stomped the Eagles, he gets to relinquish the crown of King Choker. Romo wasn't going to go 0-for-career in playoff games. He was bound to win one at some point.

But the comparisons to Favre and Roethlisberger, two Super Bowl Champion quarterbacks, I think make him the most overrated of the bunch.

Next is McNabb. He choked in all those NFC Championship Games and the Super Bowl. He can't take the heat when the lights shine the brightest.

vasteeler
01-20-2010, 11:32 AM
to all of you who stated peyton manning is overrated :doh:

zulater
01-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Too bad the Giants missed the playoffs, because an overrated qb conversation just doesn't seem right with Eli missing from it.:toofunny:

Angus Burgher
01-21-2010, 02:47 AM
Good point. I forgot he was even in them. :doh:

It's almost as if the Bungles never made the playoffs to begin with though as quickly as they went out.:chuckle:

LOL yeah, they're not worth remembering. On a side note though, it had to be one hell of a humbling experience for Carson when he got his ass kicked by a team led by a rookie QB who only started one full season at USC, the place where he used to be revered as the shit.