PDA

View Full Version : Ratbirds - Got what they deserved

MDSTEELERFAN
01-18-2010, 10:45 AM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/03/good_idea_to_pass_on_national_night_games_in_pitts burgh.html

Funny how things worked out for the RATBIRDS.......no such thing as an easy road to the big dance.........

The best part is all of the friggin Balti-morons comments on this and how its ok as long as their team did it. Flush the entire city down the friggin bay.

revefsreleets
01-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Well, if they got what they REALLY deserved, they'd have ended their season at 9-7 and gone home.

That team had no business being in the playoffs to begin with.

Dino 6 Rings
01-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Well, if they got what they REALLY deserved, they'd have ended their season at 9-7 and gone home.

That team had no business being in the playoffs to begin with.

I agree, they were mediocre at best all year and only beat us once this season because our 3rd string QB threw a pick in over time, otherwise we sweep them again and they are home playing golf 3 weeks ago.

GoSlash27
01-18-2010, 07:22 PM
they were mediocre at best all year and only beat us once this season because our 3rd string QB threw a pick in over time, otherwise we sweep them again and they are home playing golf 3 weeks ago.
And we'd be in the playoffs with Troy in the secondary. :doh:
Meh. Can't win a Lombardi every year.

supa_fly_steeler
01-20-2010, 10:34 AM
But we can win against the rats every year, three times! lol

RoethlisBURGHer
01-20-2010, 11:14 AM
And we'd be in the playoffs with Troy in the secondary. :doh:
Meh. Can't win a Lombardi every year.

Actually, we would have been in the playoffs if we beat the Rats both times this season.

revefsreleets
01-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Actually, we would have been in the playoffs if we beat the Rats both times this season.

Which we didn't (although we could have), ergo WE didn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

My point was, NEITHER the Steelers nor the Rats deserved to be there, and they should just be happy they won a playoff game. It was like finding a winning lottery ticket in the parking lot for them....

Galax Steeler
01-21-2010, 05:06 AM
It may be a blessing that they went farther then we did. We will get to pick before them in the draft and with Reed maybe retireing they might have took a shot at Earl Thomas. I don't want to play against him twice a year.

supa_fly_steeler
01-21-2010, 07:16 AM
when i see the city of baltimore and the team colors i

http://pix.hotornot.com/img/facebook/emoting/default/sick.jpg

HometownGal
01-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Which we didn't (although we could have), ergo WE didn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

My point was, NEITHER the Steelers nor the Rats deserved to be there, and they should just be happy they won a playoff game. It was like finding a winning lottery ticket in the parking lot for them....

Sad but true.

Larry
01-24-2010, 01:55 PM
They were mediocre, so were we, so were the Jets. Yet the Jets beat the Bengals and Chargers and the Ravens thrashed the Patriots, teams who supposedly did "deserve" to be there? Nonsense. If you're gonna look at the regular season, the Bengals dominated both of us, the Chargers had 11 wins in a row, and the Patriots were the favorites in the wild card game. The Ravens' lack of a passing game (might be the worst WR crew I've seen in a while) came back to bite them in the ass; the Colts have a fast defense and can stop the run well when they focus on it. Their defense actually did OK, the offense was just inept. Overall, I think it is pretty stupid to say that they are anything less than an above average team.

Our losses to 4 bad teams were much more shocking, and are somewhat worrying. How does that happen? The Ravens may have scored only 3 points on the Colts, but we scored 6 points on the Browns. And it was an important game. Remember that.

revefsreleets
01-25-2010, 09:08 AM
They were mediocre, so were we, so were the Jets. Yet the Jets beat the Bengals and Chargers and the Ravens thrashed the Patriots, teams who supposedly did "deserve" to be there? Nonsense. If you're gonna look at the regular season, the Bengals dominated both of us, the Chargers had 11 wins in a row, and the Patriots were the favorites in the wild card game. The Ravens' lack of a passing game (might be the worst WR crew I've seen in a while) came back to bite them in the ass; the Colts have a fast defense and can stop the run well when they focus on it. Their defense actually did OK, the offense was just inept. Overall, I think it is pretty stupid to say that they are anything less than an above average team.

Our losses to 4 bad teams were much more shocking, and are somewhat worrying. How does that happen? The Ravens may have scored only 3 points on the Colts, but we scored 6 points on the Browns. And it was an important game. Remember that.

Not the Ravens...they backed into the playoffs, pure and simple. We were actually playing better football AT THE TIME then they were, and so were the Browns for that matter.

The Pats are a joke, which is the main reason the Rats beat them.

Point doesn't change...the Ravens snuck in at 9-7 but they were not playing their best football at the time, and they never played at a very high level all year.

Angus Burgher
01-25-2010, 03:16 PM
But... Ray Lewis is the greatest of all time... every time he tackles someone it's the greatest play of the week... he shits solid gold bricks... and Joe Flacco is by far the best quarterback in the league... to win a playoff game with a QB rating of 10% takes a skill we mortals cannot begin to fathom... and lest we forget... RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE RAY RICE...

Larry
01-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Damn you guys are bitter...lol. Playing better football at the time...sure, just keep tellin' yourself that.

Indo
01-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Damn you guys are bitter...

I believe you spelled it wrong-----the correct spelling is

B-E-T-T-E-R

I believe you meant to say, "Damn, you guys are better..."

AllD
01-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Flacco is two seasons away from being a backup.

supa_fly_steeler
01-25-2010, 06:19 PM
We can bring back former Ravens and introduce them at halftime.

J.O.
Peter Bowlware
Trent Dilfer
The Goose
Matt Stover
Why not invite Cal Ripkin also

lmao

Larry
01-25-2010, 11:29 PM
I believe you spelled it wrong-----the correct spelling is

B-E-T-T-E-R

I believe you meant to say, "Damn, you guys are better..."

Better than what? I am a Steelers fan, but it's just sad to see the things that other fans are saying, and wondering whether or not they actually believe it. Sour grapes, just kinda pathetic.

revefsreleets
01-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Better than what? I am a Steelers fan, but it's just sad to see the things that other fans are saying, and wondering whether or not they actually believe it. Sour grapes, just kinda pathetic.

The teams were both 9-7. The Rats really only had one quality win all year. THEY lost to Cinci twice as well. And, most importantly, two weeks before the season ended, they lost an absolute MUST-win game against he Steelers. And then they managed to back into the playoffs...it's not sour grapes to properly assess a mediocre team as a mediocre team.

zulater
01-26-2010, 11:16 AM
:The teams were both 9-7. The Rats really only had one quality win all year. THEY lost to Cinci twice as well. And, most importantly, two weeks before the season ended, they lost an absolute MUST-win game against he Steelers. And then they managed to back into the playoffs...it's not sour grapes to properly assess a mediocre team as a mediocre team.

You're probably going to want to reassess your opinion, because i agree with you 100% . :thumbsup:

:chuckle:

supa_fly_steeler
01-26-2010, 01:52 PM

you dont sound like a steeler fan.

they nearly lost to a steeler team with a then 3rd string qb with a few days of snaps. like two. not good ey? dennis dixon raped there defense with his skills

Larry
01-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Whatever, they had us by the throats at Pittsburgh and some of you are just in denial. You only consider the things that are favorable to your team, and not the unfavorable facts. We lost to four bad teams, they took care of business. I don't know how the first game would have played out with Ben playing, but if the second game was any indication then I really can't state with any confidence that we would have won. They went 9-7 with a harder schedule than us, and all I said was that they were mediocre, and so were we. And what is this BS about "uhh, they lost the must win game, so we're better!!!LOL!!" Are you guys that retarded? We lost at the very least 3 must win games in a row, Baltimore, Oakland, CLEVELAND. I don't even want to think about Kansas City...

fansince'76
01-26-2010, 10:21 PM
you dont sound like a steeler fan.

Dude's about as much a Steelers fan as I am the Pope. His pretending that he is is getting REALLY tiresome at this point.

steelerdude15
01-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Flush the entire city down the friggin bay.
The bay is already bad enough:chuckle:

steelerdude15
01-26-2010, 11:38 PM
I was there for the Monday Night game in '07. The crowd was not in a frenzy. The stadium wasn't even full. At halftime, when the 75th anniversary team came out, 90% of the seats were empty. There was almost nobody tailgating. They had no chants or cheers and barely made any noise at all. Ravens fans yelled, cheered and taunted with no response. I have no idea where this myth of the great football atmosphere in Pittsburgh comes from. It's not there. It doesn't exist. The Ravens lost the 2007 game because Steve McNair and Corey Ivy stunk up the joint. They lost last year because they had a rookie quarterback. End of story. Of course it's not fair to have to play on prime time every year in your biggest rival's home stadium, but the Ravens could win that game this year if they played it. Just ask Joe Flacco if he hates going to Pittsburgh as much as Ben Roethlisberger hates coming to Baltimore. Next to the bunch at M&T, their crowd doesn't exist.
What on earth is this guy talking about? 90% of the seats were empty? We've sold out every home game since 1972, just another piece of trash from Baltimore.

revefsreleets
01-27-2010, 08:37 AM
I have one question for Larry.

Where are Curly and Moe?

Larry
01-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Dude's about as much a Steelers fan as I am the Pope. His pretending that he is is getting REALLY tiresome at this point.

Yeah, I guess encountering a reasonable fan around here is like finding a needle in a haystack. You guys are nuts, and any objective observer reading what I said in previous comments would agree. Everyone outside of Pittsburgh was laughing at the Steelers this season during their 5 game shit streak, and some of the losses were pretty embarrassing. Ugh, having been a Steelers fan through the bad times, I can honestly say that I've never seen such a transition in a fan base from humble to arrogant pricks who can't accept the truth when it hurts. It really is maddening, because I always thought we had the best fans, until I saw what success had done to morons like you.

SteelCityMom
01-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I guess encountering a reasonable fan around here is like finding a needle in a haystack. You guys are nuts, and any objective observer reading what I said in previous comments would agree. Everyone outside of Pittsburgh was laughing at the Steelers this season during their 5 game shit streak, and some of the losses were pretty embarrassing. Ugh, having been a Steelers fan through the bad times, I can honestly say that I've never seen such a transition in a fan base from humble to arrogant pricks who can't accept the truth when it hurts. It really is maddening, because I always thought we had the best fans, until I saw what success had done to morons like you.

I think it's just been a rough season, and yes, it has been hard to get over for some.

I've disagreed with you on various things before, but I don't doubt that your a Steelers fan...you're just not a rah-rah fan, which is perfectly fine. I don't see why arguments like this get taken so far when really, the bottom line is both the Steelers and Ravens had a rather mediocre season (as you've already said). The Steelers were simply expected to do better after winning the SB and having a rather easy schedule. Hey, shit happens though.

revefsreleets
01-27-2010, 10:55 AM

9-7 = 9-7. Both are mediocre.

No need to get frustrated and start calling people names because you think the Rats 9-7 was somehow > than our 9-7.

fansince'76
01-27-2010, 11:21 AM

Funny, I didn't know "real" fans did nothing but diss their own fanbase, which is about what 3/4 of your posts have done. I've been more than critical of the bandwagoners and fairweather idiots that have infested our fanbase (over the last 5 years or so especially), but I don't make it a point to go out of my way to do so with every 2nd or 3rd post I make, unlike poser shitheads like you.

Larry
01-27-2010, 11:36 AM

No need to get frustrated and start calling people names because you think the Rats 9-7 was somehow > than our 9-7.

That's all I said! And I think that the Steelers and Ravens are both above average teams, even this year. Both teams had some rough breaks, but it's not like the Ravens got a free pass on any of their games like the Jets did. However, to say they didn't deserve to be there is somewhat laughable, as the Ravens did advance and the Jets made it to the AFC championship. Perhaps we could have done better and made it to the Super Bowl, but ask the Bengals, Patriots and Chargers how much your record means once you're in the playoffs. The truth is, there is a lot of chance involved, and there is the unavoidable fact that you can have a bad or mediocre game in the playoffs, even if you're the best team overall.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/26/sports/football/26fast.html

We both got the Bengals in their prime, and as I said, from looking at the schedules it appears to me that the Ravens' was harder. That doesn't mean that they're better; we easily could have won one of the four back breakers this year and been the 5 seed, and gone on to make noise in the playoffs. But, there is something to be said about consistency, and the fact that we blew up against bottom of the barrel teams worries me.

Larry
01-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Funny, I didn't know "real" fans did nothing but diss their own fanbase, which is about what 3/4 of your posts have done. I've been more than critical of the bandwagoners and fairweather idiots that have infested our fanbase (over the last 5 years or so especially), but I don't make it a point to go out of my way to do so with every 2nd or 3rd post I make, unlike poser shitheads like you.

If most of you weren't such embarrassing jackasses I wouldn't have to, but it seems that every time I visit this forum I find another nonsensical, ridiculous post. I have to say something to show that we're not all complete idiots, and that at least a few of us can make some attempt at being objective. People disrespect the fan base and themselves with the moronic statements they make, I just point it out.

Keep calling me a poser though, it's funny. I've probably been a Steelers fan since you were suckling on your mama's teat, but to be a real Steelers fan you apparently have to have your head up your ass. Go to hell.

fansince'76
01-27-2010, 12:12 PM
I've probably been a Steelers fan since you were suckling on your mama's teat....

With a registration birth year of 1978? Doubtful, assuming you weren't lying about your age when you registered here, and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt on that since it's such a stupid thing to lie about.

Larry
01-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Man you're a tool...

supa_fly_steeler
01-27-2010, 02:50 PM
If most of you weren't such embarrassing jackasses I wouldn't have to, but it seems that every time I visit this forum I find another nonsensical, ridiculous post. I have to say something to show that we're not all complete idiots, and that at least a few of us can make some attempt at being objective. People disrespect the fan base and themselves with the moronic statements they make, I just point it out.

Keep calling me a poser though, it's funny. I've probably been a Steelers fan since you were suckling on your mama's teat, but to be a real Steelers fan you apparently have to have your head up your ass. Go to hell.

us embarrasing? i wonder what you look like, i bet you dont walk through the streets with no mask around your ugly face.

your not a steeler fan you just say so, if your a steeler fan you can spank my ass. of course you will decline because your a ratbird fan. you just dont want to be banned from the forum because it's clear your envious of the steelers organisation and fans.

our front office is decorated with lombardi trophies, yours is a sewer which source comes from the toilet i take a crap in.

Dino 6 Rings
01-27-2010, 04:58 PM

Oh joy, it seems my calling the Ravens Mediocre is what started Larry on his little rant.

Well, they were mediocre. They ARE mediocre and are not a team I focus too much attention on other than to make fun of their arrogance for having 1 ring and being our biatches last year. And we'd have beaten them twice again this year had our Starting QB, hell, our Back up QB started the first game. For all their "we hate the Steelers" t-shirt nonsense in the off season to come out and have to take the 3rd string QB to OT at home and Lose the Road game again this year, just shows me how we are and always will be better than that pathetic team.

I believe the current record is 17-11 head to head. And for a fact, the Baltimore Ravens have never beaten the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs. They can't do it. They choke under the pressure of playing a better team.

As for our records this season, yes, I have clearly identified the 2009 season for the Steelers as an Epic Failure.

Indo
01-27-2010, 05:43 PM

Embarrassing jackasses? Complete idiots? We're all nuts? Arrogant pricks?
You really are full of yourself, aren't you? The majority of your posts are full of flotsam which seeks to denigrate the opinions of others and somehow validate your own existence by proving (at least in your own mind) how much better than all of us you(think you) are. It's really rather annoying. If you don't like what others post, or the opinions that they hold, then stop coming here. It's really as simple as that.

As far as how long you've been a Steelers fan,
If you were born in 1978 you missed the BEST of the Steelers, my friend. Because I seriously doubt you started watching them during the '79 season...
I'm not saying that you aren't a "true fan", but stop assuming that you "know better" or don't see the world thru black and gold glasses because you're at the ripe, wise age of 31 or 32. I, for one, see the Steelers very objectively and certainly don't need a punk-a$$ like you telling me just how I should or should not celebrate my team's victories or losses.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that everyone else feels pretty much the same way that I do---no matter how many years they've been a fan

fansince'76
01-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Man you're a tool...

And you're a douche.

Larry
01-27-2010, 07:01 PM
I think it's just been a rough season, and yes, it has been hard to get over for some.

I've disagreed with you on various things before, but I don't doubt that your a Steelers fan...you're just not a rah-rah fan, which is perfectly fine. I don't see why arguments like this get taken so far when really, the bottom line is both the Steelers and Ravens had a rather mediocre season (as you've already said). The Steelers were simply expected to do better after winning the SB and having a rather easy schedule. Hey, shit happens though.

This was my point, and if you read my first couple of posts I said nothing offensive. All I said was that both the Steelers and Ravens were mediocre this year, yet still above average, and that talking about what they do and don't deserve is just a cop out. If we had backed in instead of one of them, I wonder if you'd hear the same whining. "Waaah, the Jets and Ravens backed in, they don't deserve it even though they both won in the playoffs." We're to blame for our screw up, not them, and bitching about how they shouldn't have been there and gloating about a 3 point overtime loss in Baltimore is SO LAME. What was our margin of victory against them in Pittsburgh, with Ben? Oh yeah, THREE ****ING POINTS. Whatever, you guys can go on mentally masturbating now.

SteelCityMom
01-27-2010, 11:12 PM
This was my point, and if you read my first couple of posts I said nothing offensive. All I said was that both the Steelers and Ravens were mediocre this year, yet still above average, and that talking about what they do and don't deserve is just a cop out. If we had backed in instead of one of them, I wonder if you'd hear the same whining. "Waaah, the Jets and Ravens backed in, they don't deserve it even though they both won in the playoffs." We're to blame for our screw up, not them, and bitching about how they shouldn't have been there and gloating about a 3 point overtime loss in Baltimore is SO LAME. What was our margin of victory against them in Pittsburgh, with Ben? Oh yeah, THREE ****ING POINTS. Whatever, you guys can go on mentally masturbating now.

Right, and I completely share your opinion on this.

I hate the Ravens as a team, I hate 98% of their fans that I come into contact with online, but the simple fact is that they won the games that they needed to win. Did they back into the playoff a little bit? Sure...but at least they were able to beat the Browns twice. The Steelers had a 6-6 conference record, and no team that had that conference record (or lower) made the playoffs. Simple as that. One more conference game and no one would be bitching.

Ravens had the better division and conference record, so I don't know why so many people are acting like they stole the Steelers playoff spot or anything. It's just silly.

SteelCityMom
01-27-2010, 11:19 PM

As I just stated in my previous post...the Ravens 9-7 WAS better than the Steelers 9-7. The Ravens had the better division and conference record, which is what really matters when deciding who goes to the playoffs and who doesn't. I wish to hell that they didn't, but that's the way the cookie crumbled.

revefsreleets
01-28-2010, 11:57 AM
As I just stated in my previous post...the Ravens 9-7 WAS better than the Steelers 9-7. The Ravens had the better division and conference record, which is what really matters when deciding who goes to the playoffs and who doesn't. I wish to hell that they didn't, but that's the way the cookie crumbled.

At the end, when it would have mattered the most, the Steelers were the better of the two teams. And that's based on the week 16 head-to-head match-up where BOTH teams were in a must-win situation, and the Steelers prevailed. But neither team was going to do anything in the playoffs anyway, because they were both mediocre.

This is a stupid thread anyway...I wasted way too much time in it. The Ravens were shit this year and they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, they just got some lucky help and the run ended at 10-8....that's all.

supa_fly_steeler
01-28-2010, 12:13 PM
lol the ratbirds were the better season team.

they got seasoned, next season for dinner we eat the bird alive

SteelCityMom
01-28-2010, 01:29 PM
At the end, when it would have mattered the most, the Steelers were the better of the two teams. And that's based on the week 16 head-to-head match-up where BOTH teams were in a must-win situation, and the Steelers prevailed. But neither team was going to do anything in the playoffs anyway, because they were both mediocre.

This is a stupid thread anyway...I wasted way too much time in it. The Ravens were shit this year and they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, they just got some lucky help and the run ended at 10-8....that's all.

Yeah, I do agree that when it did matter in the head to head, the Steelers were better (slightly). But like I said, at least they were able to beat the Browns twice, if nothing else.

The AFC in general this year was pretty crappy IMO. The Colts and Chargers had a good season, and the Bengals did pretty well for a time...even the vaunted Patriots* didn't even come close to what was expected of them. All the other teams were either crap, mediocre or slightly above mediocre. Not surprised at all that some teams that didn't seem like they should be in the playoffs got there.

Dino 6 Rings
01-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Just checked the record and the Ravens STILL have not beaten the Steelers in a playoff game.

Suck the Egg Ravens...Suck it.

6 is greater than 1

and if want to go "modern"

2 is greater than 1