PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Quarterback, Youngest Quarterback?

SMR
01-18-2010, 07:28 PM
I have two questions:

1) Has any rookie quarterback ever won the Super Bowl? I doubt it, but just checking.

2) IF Mark Sanchez and the Jets goes all the way and win the Super Bowl this year, would Sanchez end up supplanting Roethlisberger as the youngest QB to win the SB?
I don't know Sanchez's age, but I'm thinking he is younger then Roethlisberger when he won the SB in his second year.

stillers4me
01-18-2010, 07:43 PM
According to Wikipedia, Sanchez turned 23 on Nov. 11, 2009. Ben was 23 when he became the youngest QB to win the superbowl. If the Jets win, they would share the honor.

SMR
01-18-2010, 07:48 PM
According to Wikipedia, Sanchez turned 23 on Nov. 11, 2009. Ben was 23 when he became the youngest QB to win the superbowl. If the Jets win, they would share the honor.

Thanks but don't they go by year AND month/s? Ben was what 23 years and...??? If Sanchez is younger by even a week (lol), he would supplant Big B.

lionslicer
01-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks but don't they go by year AND month/s? Ben was what 23 years and...??? If Sanchez is younger by even a week (lol), he would supplant Big B.

Yea Ben was like 23 and 11 months.
Sanchez would beat him by about 3-4 months.

stillers4me
01-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Google is your friend. Embrace it.

Psyychoward86
01-18-2010, 10:34 PM
1) Yes

and...

2) Yes

steeltheone
01-18-2010, 11:41 PM
No rookie QB has ever won, or lead their team to a modern day SB.

SteelersGirlTN7
01-19-2010, 02:35 AM
This is why the Jets cannot win next Sunday!!

Joe Flacco (and now Mark Sanchez) have gotten their own records by being rookies and winning two playoff games..

Ben didn't have that distinction first because we had the bye week in his rookie year .. because he only led us to a 15-1 season LOL ..

We all know how Joe Flacco's rookie attempt turned out.. LOL Let's not let Mark Sanchez steal Ben's thunder

steeltheone
01-19-2010, 03:35 AM
I was a non believer till the Pats made Big Ben look like Kent Graham in 2005. The Stakes are now do or die. Film has been studied even more times than during the reg season. This is where being green shines thru. I'm sure some year this will be broken. But,i just don't think this will be the year.

Galax Steeler
01-19-2010, 04:46 AM
I really don't think we are going to have to worry about this. I see no way that the Jets will put up enough points to beat the Colts.

stillers4me
01-19-2010, 05:47 AM
I really don't think we are going to have to worry about this. I see no way that the Jets will put up enough points to beat the Colts.

They were't supposed to even be in the playoffs. A 6th seed was never supposed to win a superbowl, either.

Never say never. If the opportunity is handed to you, go for. It would serve the Colts right.

SMR
01-19-2010, 05:18 PM
They were't supposed to even be in the playoffs. A 6th seed was never supposed to win a superbowl, either.

Never say never. If the opportunity is handed to you, go for. It would serve the Colts right.

Yeah, I remember how the Steelers were the 6th seed in 2006 and won it all!
:applaudit:

Indo
01-19-2010, 05:43 PM

Even if they somehow beat the Colts and get to The Dance I don't see them beating the Saints

fansince'76
01-19-2010, 06:04 PM

Me neither. I think the Colts do to the Jets exactly what they did to the Ravens - stop the running game and force Sanchez to beat them. I don't think Sanchez is experienced enough to pull it off. Rookie QBs generally do not fare well in conference championship games.

Psyychoward86
01-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Me neither. I think the Colts do to the Jets exactly what they did to the Ravens - stop the running game and force Sanchez to beat them. I don't think Sanchez is experienced enough to pull it off. Rookie QBs generally do not fare well in conference championship games.

hell, its only happened twice guys

SMR
01-19-2010, 06:25 PM

I agree. It would be nice (for me) to see the rookie beat Manning. Wow.....imagine that!

lionslicer
01-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I read that a rookie quarterback hasn't even played in a superbowl. So I'm guessing some have gone to the conference championship and failed like Flacco and Burger.

stillers4me
01-19-2010, 10:23 PM
I hope the Jets, make to the Superbowl, actually win it with a rookie quarterback but that he has as bad or worse a game than Ben's first time and everybody gets off Ben's back. The Jets are handling Sanchez like the Steelers did with Ben, managing the game around him. That's what you do with inexperience. Ben was fine, Sanchez will be fine.

Good luck, kid.

SteelerNation12
01-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Sanchez will be exposed soon enough (again).

steeltheone
01-20-2010, 02:30 AM
I hope the Jets, make to the Superbowl, actually win it with a rookie quarterback but that he has as bad or worse a game than Ben's first time and everybody gets off Ben's back. The Jets are handling Sanchez like the Steelers did with Ben, managing the game around him. That's what you do with inexperience. Ben was fine, Sanchez will be fine.

Good luck, kid.

Ben was not fine. The Patriots made him win the game. At that point,he could not, and neither can Sanchez.

stillers4me
01-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Ben was not fine. The Patriots made him win the game. At that point,he could not, and neither can Sanchez.

I was talking about the superbowl. Ben wasn't rookie but only in his 2nd year. He's been crucified for it even though we won the game.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-20-2010, 06:35 AM
I don't think the Jets are going to beat the Colts.

With Manning in there, the Colts win the game by at least 10. In their regular season meeting the Colts were playing not to get hurt and then the starters got pulled. This week the Colts are going all out and the starters are in all day long unless they get injured.

It was a nice run Jets, but your time has come to an end. You beat overrated Bengals and Chargers teams. The Colts are not overrated.

steeltheone
01-20-2010, 12:18 PM
I was talking about the superbowl. Ben wasn't rookie but only in his 2nd year. He's been crucified for it even though we won the game.
Yes everybody did crucify Ben for that. I guess they pick him apart each chance they get.