PDA

View Full Version : Norv Turner extended through 2013.

zulater
01-18-2010, 11:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d815d2c9e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

The San Diego Chargers have given coach Norv Turner a three-year contract extension through 2013.

The extension was announced in a release Monday night, 24 hours after the Chargers were shocked 17-14 by the New York Jets in the divisional playoffs.

The Chargers didn't make Turner or general manager A.J. Smith available for comment.

The extension had been expected. What hadn't been expected was San Diego's playoff collapse. Some had picked the Chargers to win the Super Bowl.

:toofunny:

steeltheone
01-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Well no SB for this team till after 2013

Shea
01-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Norv, will have his work cut out for him in the coming year, starting with who will be on his roster, and who he and the management in SD can retain.

I heard that the Chargers have the most players, and crucial ones at that, going into free agency this year.

Makes you wonder if their best chances of making it to a Super Bowl was this year - or last year :tt02: - and makes me wonder if their time, for now, has passed them by.

We'll see.....

Gnutella
01-19-2010, 01:13 AM
Norv Turner is to the San Diego Chargers what Barack Obama is to the United States: ruining a good thing until they're both fired in 2012.

MACH1
01-19-2010, 01:51 AM
Norv Turner is to the San Diego Chargers what Barack Obama is to the United States: ruining a good thing until they're both fired in 2012.

:chuckle:

TackleMeBen
01-19-2010, 08:43 AM
ouch!!!!:chuckle:

HometownGal
01-19-2010, 09:50 AM

LMAO! :toofunny:

As I've said before - the Chargers are simply overrated and they proved that (again) this past Sunday.

lionslicer
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Norv isn't that good of a coach, he's just been running the ship Marty Schottenheimer built. He came in there in 2002, after the chargers were just bad for a good couple years, and turned them around to the team they are now, and Norv has just kept that ship from falling apart with some new crew. But he can't keep this team together, a lot of players are gonna leave after this year, especially Vincent Jackson who's an elite reciever getting paid less than most slot recievers. The DC also will probably be a head coach next year, and the OC might be leaving too.

X-Terminator
01-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Wow, and I thought for sure that he'd be hitting the unemployment line by 9am yesterday. Guess the Chargers don't want to win a Super Bowl after all...

fansince'76
01-19-2010, 11:34 AM
This makes Schottenheimer's dismissal after a 14-2 season in 2006 all the more confusing, IMO. :noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2010, 11:41 AM
This makes Schottenheimer's dismissal after a 14-2 season in 2006 all the more confusing, IMO. :noidea: i was just gonna post the same thing. i thought they canned shotty for failure to deliver the bigone, but i guess it musta been over something personal between him and the gm.

Edman
01-19-2010, 12:10 PM
There was something personal between Marty and the Chargers GM.

They pretty much said they don't want a Championship with this re-hiring. The Chargers pissed Sunday's game away in every sense of the word. They were unfocused, undisciplined, and have shown the lack the mental fortitude to win in the playoffs when the going gets tough. That is a reflection on their coaching.