PDA

View Full Version : Nate Kaeding attempts suicide *SARCASM*

SteelersinCA
01-18-2010, 10:54 PM
He tried to hang himself but when he went to kick the chair out from under him, he missed. :toofunny:

Ok, maybe that was in poor taste, but it was funny.

Shea
01-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Tacky, but it is a bit funny. :chuckle:

When I clicked on the thread though, I thought it was serious.

Don't do that again! :buttkick:

The Duke
01-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Meh, similar to a Vanderjagt joke I read after the 2005 playoffs

But still funny :sofunny:

Galax Steeler
01-19-2010, 03:47 AM
He tried to hang himself but when he went to kick the chair out from under him, he missed. :toofunny:

Ok, maybe that was in poor taste, but it was funny.

That is a good one.:rofl:

stillers4me
01-19-2010, 04:44 AM
That's going around Cincinnati about Shayne Graham, too.

zulater
01-19-2010, 06:10 AM
http://www.realclearsports.com/articles/2008/10/baseball_choke_jobs_postseason_1.html

No. 2 - California Angels, 1986 ALCS, Game 5. As stated earlier, the Red Sox have been on both sides of the choke. And most prominent of their miracle victories is without question their triumph in this incredible playoff battle. Down three games to one in the series and facing elimination on the road, the Red Sox came to bat in the ninth inning staring at a 5-2 deficit.

With one out and Bill Buckner on first base, Don Baylor hit a home run to deep left field off Mike Witt to bring the Sox to within one. But after Witt got Dwight Evans to pop out to third base, the Angels were only one out away from their first World Series appearance. Witt was then taken out of the game for Gary Lucas to pitch to Sox catcher Rich Gedman. Lucas proceeds to hit Gedman on the first pitch to award him first base. The choke was on.

Donnie Moore, a reliable reliever for the Angels, was summoned to close the game. Boston center fielder Dave Henderson battled Moore through six pitches and on the seventh he made history when he homered deep to left field. All of a sudden, remarkably, the Red Sox had the lead, the momentum and apparently the Series. To their credit, the Angels fought back in the bottom of the inning, scoring a run to tie the game. But they also had the bases loaded with only one out and failed to score one more run to win the series in that moment. Moore stayed in the game and yielded the winning run in the 11th.

Moore should never have been blamed for this loss. He was rushed into the game after Witt gave up the home run and Lucas hit Gedman. They often say baseball is just a game but it's obviously not to some of the well compensated athletes who entertain us. Moore was a man who battled numerous demons and mental illness and this loss was one of a series of incidents, both personal and professional, which sped the gifted pitcher to his tragic end. Moore committed suicide in July of 1989. Any sports fan with a shred of compassion must ponder what would have been had Moore not blown that lead in 1986.

Your joke is equally old, and unfunny.Suicide isn't a joking matter. :shake01:

supa_fly_steeler
01-19-2010, 06:51 AM
This isn't the best place to put it, maybe in the flast furnance, people commit suicide and your laughing about, i don't know anyone around whos commited suicide but some people might on the forum, yea the jokes funny but some people could get offended :P.

SteelMember
01-19-2010, 07:08 AM
:kick:

:wrongf: It's too believable...

SteelersinCA
01-19-2010, 08:30 AM
If the mods feel it should be moved, so be it, my apologies to anyone who is offended.

revefsreleets
01-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Well, to be fair, he had the 4th highest made percentage in the league this year at 91%...then 0 for 3 in the playoffs. Looks like he "Chargered" in the post season....

HometownGal
01-19-2010, 08:47 AM
I felt it best to move this thread into the BF and edit the title accordingly.