PDA

View Full Version : Bungles Schedule next year

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-19-2010, 12:12 AM
have fun boys

http://www.betfirms.com/bengals-2010-opponents/

The Cincinnati Bengals were a major surprise during the 2009 season, as they won the AFC North going 10-6, and were a perfect 6-0 against division opponents. With the division crown the Bengals earned a home game in the first round of the playoffs, but had no luck, as they lost to the New York Jets 24-14. The Bengals have a lot to build off this season, and with that here is a look at who they will be going up against during the 2010-11 season.

Outside of the regular scheduled games against division rivals, the Bengals will have home games against the Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, San Diego Chargers, New Orleans Saints, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. There is no question that the two most exciting opponents here are the Chargers and Saints.

The Bengals have road games against the New England Patriots, New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, and Carolina Panthers. A really hard schedule when you look at how all these teams finished the 2009 season. Throw in the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens, and the Bengals have an absolute disaster ahead of them on the road.

Regardless of the tough schedule the Bengals will face next season, they still figure to have solid NFL odds. A lot of how well this team does will depend on the moves this team makes in free agency and the NFL draft.

Gnutella
01-19-2010, 01:16 AM
Record within the AFC North

Bengals: 6-0
Ravens: 3-3
Steelers: 2-4
Browns: 1-5

Record outside the AFC North

Steelers: 7-3
Ravens: 6-4
Bengals: 4-6
Browns: 4-6

lionslicer
01-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Record within the AFC North

Bengals: 6-0
Ravens: 3-3
Steelers: 2-4
Browns: 1-5

Record outside the AFC North

Steelers: 7-3
Ravens: 6-4
Bengals: 4-6
Browns: 4-6

Important :p
I bet the bengals don't make it above .500 next year.

jev7452
01-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Important :p
I bet the bengals don't make it above .500 next year.

oh the thought of that is making me so happy!:thumbsup:

steeltheone
01-19-2010, 03:39 PM
My only worry is that WE beat them!!!!

Edman
01-19-2010, 09:31 PM
The Bengals snuck up on a lot of people last year, with a hot start. Now they have the target on their back, and with the constant fluctuation and power shifting in the AFC North every year, they're going back to the pit in 2010.

The Turds will be contending with the Steelers and Ravens next year. They closed out the season on a hot streak.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-20-2010, 06:39 AM
The Bengals will be battling with the Browns for last place in the division.

The Steelers and the Ravens will be slugging it out for the Division crown.

2010 AFC North Standings:

Steelers: 13-3
Ravens: 11-5
Browns: 8-8
Bengals: 7-9

steelpride12
01-20-2010, 09:16 AM
The Bengals will be battling with the Browns for last place in the division.

The Steelers and the Ravens will be slugging it out for the Division crown.

2010 AFC North Standings:

Steelers: 13-3
Ravens: 11-5
Browns: 8-8
Bengals: 7-9

I'd watch out for those Brownies next season, they came on strong at the end of last season and if they can keep up this run game and get a QB in their they may give the division some troubles.

With Mason and possibly Reed going to retire more than likely that would truly hurt the Ratbirds next season and surely it will take this team a few seasons to regain it's position.

steelerdave1969
01-20-2010, 09:49 AM
I believe the Bengals must try to get themselves a true no.2 WR for their offense, cuz Paulmer (lol) didnt have anyone but Ochostinko to throw to. The Bengals have a nice young nucleus to work with and it seems like the coach finally has his team going in the right direction. If they get to the playoffs with that schedule they will be a tough contender in the playoffs, kind of like us 2 seasons ago.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-20-2010, 10:23 AM
I'd watch out for those Brownies next season, they came on strong at the end of last season and if they can keep up this run game and get a QB in their they may give the division some troubles.

With Mason and possibly Reed going to retire more than likely that would truly hurt the Ratbirds next season and surely it will take this team a few seasons to regain it's position.

Did you not see the record I had the Browns at? I had the Browns at 8-8. From 5-11 to 8-8. Maybe they can go 9-7, but I think 8-8 is a safe bet. I think towards the end of the season guys were playing with heart and finally bought into Mangini's system. The only problem is, shut down their run game and you shut down their offense because their quarterbacks were horrible. Their only real options are draft a QB (and does the new regime really want to spend a Top 10 pick in a weak draft class) or trade for someone like Hasselbeck (but it sounds like Petey wants to work with him, at least while he develops Seattle's QB of the future not to mention Hasselbeck is old an injury prone, not the long term answer for Cleveland).

The passing game wasn't the motor for Baltimore this season, nor was is last season. I expect the Ravens to draft a wideout in the first round this year, and said wideout would probably be more productive than Mason was all last season. But the run game makes that offense work. When the run game is going, they can use play-action for the 20 or so passes Flacco throws. It's kind of like the offense the Steelers used early in Ben's career where it wasn't on his shoulders to win most games.

And I don't see Ed Reed retiring. He'll let the injuries heal up and the frustration of the Colts playoff loss pass, and then he's going to come back. He's still an amazing player and has a ton left in the tank. He will be on the field for the Ravens in 2010.

supa_fly_steeler
01-20-2010, 10:28 AM
we will obliverate the bengals next season.

CantStop85
01-20-2010, 11:19 AM

I don't know what that means, but I assume it's something along the lines of "lose to?" :noidea:

Indo
01-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't know what that means, but I assume it's something along the lines of "lose to?" :noidea:

:rofl:

SteelerNation12
01-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Okay dude, I'm not one to point out grammar errors because we all make them. But for crying out loud, this site has a spell check feature start using it.

steelerdude15
01-22-2010, 01:27 AM
It's going to be tough playing in Indy and New England, of course throw in the Steelers and Ravens. I don't believe the Bengals will finish in last though in our division.

HughC
01-31-2010, 02:39 PM
I think the writer in the original article is making too big a deal of how difficult the schedule is. Teams within a division play the identical schedule with the exception of just two games. In this case the difference in who plays whom in the AFC North is this:
Bengals play San Diego and Indy

Ravens play Denver and Houston

Steelers play Tennessee and Oakland

Browns play Jacksonville and Kansas City

So if the writer is going to say the Bengals have an extremely difficult schedule, then he should say the same thing for the Steelers, Ravens and Browns too.

BrandonCarr39
01-31-2010, 11:54 PM
The Bengals just happened to catch the Ravens 2 X's when they were in a mid-season slide, they looked terrible against the Browns at home in the 2nd game, and your team had alot of key injuries in both games(which won't happen next year).

Also - last year, with all their cast-offs, Marvin Lewis was able to use this as motivation...well, they just came off 10-6, and this supposedly "cast-offs" won't exactly be seen as such, so WHAT ELSE can Lewis motivate them with?

steve314
02-01-2010, 01:02 PM
I think the writer in the original article is making too big a deal of how difficult the schedule is. Teams within a division play the identical schedule with the exception of just two games. In this case the difference in who plays whom in the AFC North is this:
Bengals play San Diego and Indy

Ravens play Denver and Houston

Steelers play Tennessee and Oakland

Browns play Jacksonville and Kansas City

So if the writer is going to say the Bengals have an extremely difficult schedule, then he should say the same thing for the Steelers, Ravens and Browns too.

Let's compare the Steelers' schedule to the Bengals'. San Diego and Indy are clearly more difficult games than Tennessee and Oakland. Nobody EVER loses to Oakland, after all. Plus, the Bengals have to play the Steelers, while the Steelers get to play the Bengals--no way the Bengals ever beat the Steelers twice in one year....

Ravnet
02-02-2010, 10:31 AM
so WHAT ELSE can Lewis motivate them with?

Bail bonds?

MasterOfPuppets
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM

]http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/3170/emmitt2.jpg (http://img638.imageshack.us/i/emmitt2.jpg/)
now it makes sence ....:doh:

supa_fly_steeler
02-02-2010, 12:20 PM

i meant Obliterate my bad spelling lol we will annihilate ochostinko on every play make sure hes fried chiken for eating