PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: DVD original copies of playoff games

HangoverMS
02-01-2006, 11:47 AM
If anyone here recorded any of the playoff games onto DVD themselves, please PM me. Here is what I have going on.

I am ditching the All-on-One DVD idea - the end quality was just way too low. What I am doing is getting DVD boxes that hold 4 disks, making up covers up and packaging all 4 games - 3 playoffs and the Super Bowl. I have downloaded copies of the 3 playoff games, and the quality is okay, but I would really like to make up the disks from something a little more original. So if anyone recorded the games themselves and can make me a copy, I would be willing to buy them from you.

Anyone is welcome to a copy of the final project. I am not charging for them, but if anyone wanted to give a donation (to cover materials, printer ink, time, shipping, or just to be nice) it is definitely welcome.

Thanks!

Here is just some photoshop-ed pics I made of what I hope the end "product" will look like...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/HangoverMS/outside.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/HangoverMS/inside.jpg

Prosdo
02-01-2006, 11:51 AM
That cover looks pretty sweet. Nice job.

drizze99
02-01-2006, 11:58 AM
I have all 3 games on DVD+RW. I have been trying to rip them to PC for a couple of days now, lol. NO LUCK! They play fine on my PC and DVD recorder, but don't play at all on my other stand alone DVD player. If you tell me how I can copy theses discs to a DVD-R or DVD+R, I would be more than happy to send them to you.

If have:
Lite-On DVD Recorder
Lite-On DVD Burner
Lite-On DVD Burner [dual layer]

HangoverMS
02-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Have you tried using DVD Shrink? It should copy them straight away since you don't have any copy protection to worry about. If that doesn't work, I use TMPGEnc MPEG Editor to copy the MPEG files to my computer, then I just re-author them using TMPGEnc DVD Author (or other DVD authoring program).

radaz52
02-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I use DVD Shrink to compress this it into an ISO file. Then I use DVD Decrypter to burn it to a DVD. Both of these programs are free too.

drizze99
02-01-2006, 12:14 PM
DVD Shrink was going to be my next option. I'll try that tonight and see what happens. In the meantime, PM me you shipping info and I'll send you the discs when I copy them. I was trying to rip them to AVI to my PC with AoA DVD Ripper but it keeps failing.

PisnNapalm
02-01-2006, 12:34 PM
try burning at 4x or slower.

Haiku_Dirtt
02-01-2006, 01:22 PM
I'd be very interested in the copies too.

HangoverMS
02-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I'd be very interested in the copies too.

I will repost here after I get everything in order. In the meantime if you want to e-mail me at hangoverms@gmail.com, I will put you on the list.

BenPFJ1958
02-01-2006, 03:48 PM
I will repost here after I get everything in order. In the meantime if you want to e-mail me at hangoverms@gmail.com, I will put you on the list.

Put me on it for sure ! Those games are all classics !

mrsfarrior51
02-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Hey! I'd totally love a copy! Let me know when you're finished, I'll send you something for it.

noto45
02-01-2006, 08:44 PM
i have the colts game and the BVroncos game all high res quailty. hanover email me at noto45@yahoo.com and I will get them to you. I also have the game of the week from the NFL Network of those two games.

pmbchase
02-06-2006, 12:15 PM

This looks like awesome. Nice cover. Email sent.

rowedf
02-06-2006, 04:28 PM
I would love to get a copy of those and be more than happy to donate money towards it.

JBIITexans
02-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I have the super bowl on dvd, it's three discs for quality. pm me.

Nice to see Cowher being on top. He's a tough classy guy. This year's playoff run makes it more puzzling why they did not get there last year. 15-1 was no small feat.

klick81
02-16-2006, 04:50 AM
Is this still going on? I'd love to get a copy of this!

JPeezy55
02-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah send hangoverms an e-mail and he'll get back to you about how to acquire this set. He's nearly complete with production and hopes to begin burning and shipping this weekend. Have patience though cause he's undertaking quite an arduous task, in a relatively short amount of time for all of our Steelers viewing pleasures.

steelersfanmx
02-16-2006, 02:59 PM
I would like to send u a graphic for the DVD box... check aout the wallpapers i made.. iam graphic designer.. and i can help...

this colud be via EMAIL..

let me know what u think!
steelerfanmx

HangoverMS
02-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Here is the cover I made and will be sending (shrunk down at least for web viewing - the actual is much higher resolution), but everyone is perfectly welcome to make their own. If you would like, you can even post your cover(s) on the website (http://2006steelersdvd.livejournal.com/) as a comment to a post.

If you do make a cover please include the "Distributed by Hangover Media" and the web address on it somewhere so people know where to go for info on next season's releases.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/HangoverMS/final_steelers_cover_sm.jpg

Lyn
02-17-2006, 02:07 PM
I would like copies Thank you !

wardgrl
02-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Oh hangover they look awesome...how can I send you some $$$ for it ?

holzapfel
02-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Simply Awesome.. want a copy for sure, Steelers.fan@comcast.net, just let me know how much and where to send th $$$

Nice work.

Here is the cover I made and will be sending (shrunk down at least for web viewing - the actual is much higher resolution), but everyone is perfectly welcome to make their own. If you would like, you can even post your cover(s) on the website (http://2006steelersdvd.livejournal.com/) as a comment to a post.

If you do make a cover please include the "Distributed by Hangover Media" and the web address on it somewhere so people know where to go for info on next season's releases.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/HangoverMS/final_steelers_cover_sm.jpg

klick81
02-17-2006, 09:44 PM
That's beautiful man! Did you get the email I sent ya? (klick81@yahoo.com)

CheapBasturd
02-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Hey guys.. Is it still possible to get a copy of these games??

I'll send money or blank DVD's if needed.. PLEASE, let me know..

Thanks,

CheapBasturd Cheapbasturd@hotmail.com (mailto:cheapbasturd@hotmail.com)

#1SteelersFan
02-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Hey Hangover Awesome WOrk Send You A Email Heres My Email Im Intersted: cigarroa_toros@hotmail.com

PisnNapalm
02-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Oh my!! I just read that it's got the radio broadcast as well! Wo0t!!

WWIIOwheelz
02-18-2006, 06:09 PM
WOW.... man, I'd so like a copy & would be happy to pay you for it.

wheelzman@gmail.com

Petesburgh66
02-19-2006, 01:41 AM
Man, I want a set of this as well. LMK how much you want for it

psarganis@gmail.com

vader29
02-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I would be interested also if you are still taking orders. :tt:

axanorth
02-21-2006, 01:15 AM
I taped all of the games during the Super Bowl run. I also taped all of the NFL network coverage and specials, which included NFL Network's 10 minute highlights of every regular season game. I am going to make a video for my family and friends but figured I'd let you guys in on the idea in case anyone wanted a copy of any of this footage. I own a videography business so transferring and editing all of this is pretty easy for me. I don't care to make a profit off of the videos but may need a small amount per DVD just to cover costs so I don't lose $$$ on it. Anyone interested, email me - axamail1@fastmail.us - thanks, Bill

PisnNapalm
02-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Guess what I'm watching right now?:bouncy: Thanks man!

I'm listening to the radio broadcast as I'm watching the Bungle game. Great stuff!

HangoverMS
02-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I have been busy making my own site for the project. If anyone here still wants a copy but hasn't gotten one, go to www.hangovermedia.org and then click the Super Steelers link. The e-mail address is at the bottom of that article. I don't know how often I will be back here, so if you post a request here, I will most likely not see it.

While you are over there, if you would like to, you can sign up for the Hangover Media Forum where you can discuss this and that.

See you all over there!

P.S. It might be a good idea for the moderator to lock this topic, so this last post doesn't get buried.

klick81
03-01-2006, 05:56 PM
You've got mail, Hangover. :cool:

PisnNapalm
04-18-2006, 05:50 PM
I rewatched sections of the Denver AFC game today while folding laundry.

HangoverMS.. I can't thank you enough for this set. Rep to you man.

klick81
04-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Same here....props to you man!