PDA

View Full Version : Former Steelers LBs Could be Our Next Defensive Assistant

markymarc
01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Former Steelers Olsavsky and Holmes candidates for assistant job
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Former Steelers linebackers Jerry Olsavsky and Earl Holmes are candidates to become the defensive assistant of the Steelers that came open when Lou Spanos joined the staff of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Commonly referred to as the "quality control coach," Spanos held the job with the Steelers the past 15 years. Olsavsky lost his job as linebackers coach at Youngstown University when the staff was fired.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10019/1029404-100.stm#ixzz0d5uVk1KP

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10019/1029404-100.stm

I would like to see what Earl Holmes could do in this position.

Vincent
01-19-2010, 07:23 PM
I'd be happy with either one. Both were hard nosed Steelers. And I'd like to have some more of our players on staff. That John Stallworth owns a piece of this team is superb!! What he accomplished on the field, in business and in life is a vital ingredient to preserve and strengthen the culture.

We see the baton being passed from JB to FWP and from Hines to the young receivers. Thats our culture. I'd much rather have grizzled Steeler vets coaching our guys than bits and pieces from around the league and elsewhere.

devilsdancefloor
01-19-2010, 07:46 PM
links re broke

Id like to see either one at the position might bring some fire!

Psyychoward86
01-19-2010, 10:04 PM
shoot. Lou Spanos is a tough blow for us, but it couldnt hurt to have our own guys step in and help us out again

Steeldude
01-20-2010, 01:39 AM
give it to olsavsky.

one of my favorite underrated players.

Galax Steeler
01-20-2010, 04:39 AM
I'd be happy with either one. Both were hard nosed Steelers. And I'd like to have some more of our players on staff. That John Stallworth owns a piece of this team is superb!! What he accomplished on the field, in business and in life is a vital ingredient to preserve and strengthen the culture.

We see the baton being passed from JB to FWP and from Hines to the young receivers. Thats our culture. I'd much rather have grizzled Steeler vets coaching our guys than bits and pieces from around the league and elsewhere.

Well said Vinent like you said I would be happy with either one as well. They should be able to do the job no problem in my book.

Stu Pidasso
01-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Jerry Olsavsky is the assistant coach at my local college, Youngstown State. Even though we've had some lean years recently, the defense has been solid enough to say that I would think a bump up for him would be warranted. Plus he's very approachable, nice, but on the field? Hoooo boy, let's just say he's still a Steeler.

steelerdave1969
01-20-2010, 10:28 AM
I just want the Best Man for The Job.. no matter where he comes from or what color he is or what not.

markymarc
01-20-2010, 05:50 PM
links re broke

Id like to see either one at the position might bring some fire!

Thanks for letting me know. I apologize for the broken link. Try this one:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10019/1029430-100.stm

markymarc
01-20-2010, 05:52 PM
I do agree that either one would be just fine in replacing Lou Spanos. And just like Vincent stated it's all about passing that tradition down to the younger players. It's funny because this hire when it happens might get more kudos than Al Everest being our next special teams coach.