PDA

View Full Version : 4-round Mock Draft (sideline scouting)

jonslow
01-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Updated mock from the guys at sideline-

http://www.sidelinescouting.net/mock/

jonslow
01-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Sorry, guys. Had to fix the link. All taken care of now.

Aussie_steeler
01-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Looking at that mock I would prefer

1. Earl Thomas FS or Jerry Hughes OLB
2. Maurkice Pouncey OC
3. Can live with FOX
4. Rennie Curran instead to play the SS position

Second option using this draft would be to trade our #18 with Kansas City for their #36 and #50

Then our draft would be
2. #36 Dan Williams NT
2. #50 Nate Allen FS
2. # 52 Maurkice Pouncey OC
3. #80 Jason Fox or Kyle Calloway OT
4. #113 any strong safety Stewart, Curran, Church or Rolle

However it is nice to see a 4 round mock thats reasonably well thought out for team needs at this time of the year.

Galax Steeler
01-21-2010, 04:13 AM
Looking at that mock I would prefer

1. Earl Thomas FS or Jerry Hughes OLB
2. Maurkice Pouncey OC
3. Can live with FOX
4. Rennie Curran instead to play the SS position

Second option using this draft would be to trade our #18 with Kansas City for their #36 and #50

Then our draft would be
2. #36 Dan Williams NT
2. #50 Nate Allen FS
2. # 52 Maurkice Pouncey OC
3. #80 Jason Fox or Kyle Calloway OT
4. #113 any strong safety Stewart, Curran, Church or Rolle

However it is nice to see a 4 round mock thats reasonably well thought out for team needs at this time of the year.

I really like your first one better I would love to see Earl Thomas and then get Pouncey in the second. There is one thing for sure the draft is full of talent this year and everyteam picking in the first round is going to get a quality player.

supa_fly_steeler
01-21-2010, 06:17 AM
I just want

Earl Thomas/Patrick Robinson and Micah Johnson in the draft.

Steely McSmash
01-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Seems like a decent site. need to check it out later.

I think if we franchise/replace/re-sign Hampton, then we don't look for Cody at #18 -- too much risk.

Assuming that the FO has some kind of backup plan at NT, for upgrade purposes, I would consider Brian Price or Dan Williams in the 1st, Cody in the early second (maybe move up via trade if he's on the board around 2.10)

Any thoughts on whether the Team considers Sunny Harris a viable NT candidate? He's 6-4 300 as of last year. If they're grooming him for NT that would explain him being inactive this year since he wouldn't be needed with Hampton and Hoke both in the lineup.

Nadroj 20
01-21-2010, 12:04 PM
I just want

Earl Thomas/Patrick Robinson and Micah Johnson in the draft.

Agreed Earl Thomas and Patrick Robinson are on the top of my list.

jonslow
01-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Seems like a decent site. need to check it out later.

Any thoughts on whether the Team considers Sunny Harris a viable NT candidate? He's 6-4 300 as of last year. If they're grooming him for NT that would explain him being inactive this year since he wouldn't be needed with Hampton and Hoke both in the lineup.

Thank you!

And as far as Sunny Harris goes, I can only speculate. It seems to me the Steelers 3-4 is more of a gap-plugging system up front. So much of what we do relies on our linebackers keeping gap responsibilities and getting in the backfield to disrupt running plays. That's why (in my mind) Casey Hampton has been so good for the Steelers. He commands a double-team and has enough beef to take on multpile blockers and open gaps for linebackers to fill. I think Hampton's replacement will be someone with a little more bulk who can perform a lot of the same functions Hampton has.

Cody may be a little risky-- all things considered-- but he also fits the system as well as or better than any other defensive tackle in the draft. I really like Dan Williams from Tennessee as well, and he would be an excellent choice in the second if we pass on Cody for better value. I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Mike Iupati fall to #18, because even at guard, he's really good value considering the running woes in the last couple years.

Aussie_steeler
01-21-2010, 01:58 PM

I cannot find the link but I do remember reading somewhere that Harris is possbily viewed as the #3 NT on the steelers roster. ( but I have also read that they view Scott Paxson the same way and possibly throw in Steve McClendon mix............ so I am a bit confused)

I thought Sonny Harris was a 3-4 DE thru and thru:noidea: If he can get bigger, is naturally strong and finds a way to absorb the blocks for the linebackers who know??

supa_fly_steeler
01-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Agreed Earl Thomas and Patrick Robinson are on the top of my list.

Shake Dem Dreads

taztroy43
01-21-2010, 04:44 PM
I cannot find the link but I do remember reading somewhere that Harris is possbily viewed as the #3 NT on the steelers roster. ( but I have also read that they view Scott Paxson the same way and possibly throw in Steve McClendon mix............ so I am a bit confused)

I thought Sonny Harris was a 3-4 DE thru and thru:noidea: If he can get bigger, is naturally strong and finds a way to absorb the blocks for the linebackers who know??

MAN IF HARRIS CAN DEVELOP OR EVEN PAXSON AS A DT...THE STEELERS WON'T HAVE TO REACH FOR A GUY LIKE CODY....THEY WOULD PROBABLY GO FOR A GUY IN THE LATER ROUNDS.....

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-21-2010, 05:25 PM
MAN IF HARRIS CAN DEVELOP OR EVEN PAXSON AS A DT...THE STEELERS WON'T HAVE TO REACH FOR A GUY LIKE CODY....THEY WOULD PROBABLY GO FOR A GUY IN THE LATER ROUNDS.....

I think they are gonna sign Hampton. FS, CB, ILB or dare I say OT can all be options in the 1st round.

Steel Glory
01-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Looking at the players available compared to the steelers picks this is how I would rather see them go.

1. Earl Thomas
-Need a solid contributor that can hold their own without Polamalu

2. Amari Spievey
-Plays better and is more consistent than Ghee, imo

3. Ciron Black
-Giant tackle prospect that could become a left tackle

4. Tyson Alualu
-Smith and Keisel aren't getting younger and Hood can't be in both places at once

Just some thoughts.

taztroy43
01-24-2010, 02:00 AM
i really never seen Earl Thomas play. is he that good? any chance he is another Texas safety bust like Michael Huff?

I think Micheal Huff just ended up in the worst team possible....Thats why he hadn't developed into his full potential....He started to play like a first round pick this season....but again its the Raiders.....As for Earl Thomas he looks to be the real deal...and w/ the coaching that the Steelers have, I think they will develop this guy into his full potential....thats if they draft Thomas....

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-24-2010, 11:29 AM
i really never seen Earl Thomas play. is he that good? any chance he is another Texas safety bust like Michael Huff?

Thomas is also apparantly more versatile than Huff was.

jonslow
01-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Updated as of tonight after the first day of Senior Bowl week. Weigh-ins and rumblings led to some pick changes. I hope my fellow Steelers fans enjoy the changes :)