PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Vick in black and gold?

UltimateBengal
01-20-2010, 08:49 PM
How would SteelerNation feel about Vick?:popcorn:

http://www.mixx.com/stories/6503170/rumors_run_wild_are_steelers_interested_in_michael _vick_news_story_wpxi_pittsburgh

Steel-Bryan
01-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Why pay for vick when we have dixon ?:noidea:

UltimateBengal
01-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Why pay for vick when we have dixon ?:noidea:

Good point, they're pretty similar. Dixon has more upside, IMO.

Aussie_steeler
01-20-2010, 09:00 PM
PITTSBURGH -- The rumors have been running rampant that the Steelers are interested in signing controversial quarterback Michael Vick as Ben Roethlisberger's backup, but are they true? Thursday, July 30, 2009.

missed the boat on this story. Old and incorrect news back in July.

Vick is rumored to be up for trade by the eagles. A few teams will be interested but not the steelers.

UltimateBengal
01-20-2010, 09:03 PM

Vick is rumored to be up for trade by the eagles. A few teams will be interested but not the steelers.

Yeah, the story if from July. But, IF there was any interest at that time, then would there be again after he has a year back under his belt, as backup. It seems ther was some interest.

http://scoutingthesports.com/?p=3845

zulater
01-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah, the story if from July. But, IF there was any interest at that time, then would there be again after he has a year back under his belt, as backup. It seems ther was some interest.

I think he'd be a better fit for the Bengals. He couldn't be much worse than Palmer could he? And unlike Carson he's even got a playoff win to his credit.

:chuckle:

Aussie_steeler
01-20-2010, 09:12 PM

He has already indicated that he wants to start

http://www.locksmithsportspicks.com/eagles-vick-could-be-traded-11610/

Eaglesí Vick Could be Traded
Written by Jimmy Boyd
As soon as the Eagles lost to the Dallas Cowboys last Saturday night, Michael Vickís name started coming up in trade rumors. Vick told the Philadelphia Inquirer that he wants to be a starter again, but also said that he would be okay staying in Philadelphia as a backup. Vick may just get his chance to start in the NFL again sooner than we all thought.

The Oakland Raiders are a team many felt could pick up Vick prior to the season, and they still make sense for him. They desperately need some stability at quarterback. While I donít think Vick will be able to provide that for them right now, that doesnít mean that the whimsical Al Davis canít be convinced. Plus, he could serve as a mentor for JaMarcus Russell.

The St. Louis Rams are another possible destination when you consider their quarterback needs. Plus, Vick and General Manager Billy Devaney were both in Atlanta at the same time. Devaney even visited Vick when he was serving time behind bars.

While Vick was once one of the greatest talents in the NFL, itís hard to know how much he can improve this offseason. In last Saturdayís game against the Cowboys, we saw two sides of Vick. We saw the one that threw a 76-yard touchdown pass to Jeremy Maclin and the one that lost a costly fumble in the second quarter.

I think we have a similar guy in Dennis Dixon already on the roster. The incoming #3 QB will likely be a more conventional QB. ( in the St Pierre mould??)

UltimateBengal
01-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I think he'd be a better fit for the Bengals. He couldn't be much worse than Palmer could he? :coffee:

At least Palmer played all 16 games and BEAT the Chiefs and Browns. I'm not a smack talker, just sayin!:flap:

zulater
01-20-2010, 09:17 PM
At least Palmer played all 16 games and BEAT the Chiefs and Browns. I'm not a smack talker, just sayin!:flap:

Give us a holler when he wins a playoff game. :hatsoff:

devilsdancefloor
01-20-2010, 09:19 PM

and i was starting to like you....:wink02:

UltimateBengal
01-20-2010, 09:22 PM
and i was starting to like you....:wink02:

LOL:sofunny:It's ok Devil. I was just wondering if there was still any interest in Vick. I'm still a good guy!:chuckle:

zulater
01-20-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't know where Mike Vick will be playing next season. :noidea: But I do know one place he wont be, that's with the Steelers. :coffee:

UltimateBengal
01-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Give us a holler when he wins a playoff game. :hatsoff:

If he wins a playoff game, I won't be able to holler, cause I'll be dialing 911 for my heart attack!!!:drink:

lionslicer
There is a 70% chance McNabb is leaving the Eagles, Vick might be going with him in a trade. I bet the 49er's take it or maybe the Cardinals if Warner retires.
But Vick would still be a backup/wildcat player

SH-Rock
Idk any team that would put Michael Vick as a starter. UFL maybe?

UltimateBengal
01-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Idk any team that would put Michael Vick as a starter. UFL maybe?

Yeah, I thought he should of went to the UFL in the first place. But someone will give him a job.

zulater
01-20-2010, 09:28 PM
There is a 70% chance McNabb is leaving the Eagles, Vick might be going with him in a trade. I bet the 49er's take it or maybe the Cardinals if Warner retires.But Vick would still be a backup/wildcat player

That'd sure be lousy for Larry Fitzgerald. :doh:

MasterOfPuppets
01-20-2010, 09:33 PM

Vick is rumored to be up for trade by the eagles. A few teams will be interested but not the steelers. the eagles have to first pick up the 2nd year option which would cost them 5.2 mill... do you really think they'd take the risk of paying him 5.2 mill incase nobody bites on a trade ?

The first year of the deal is for $1.6 million with the second-year option worth $5.2 million, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Vick can also earn an additional $3 million in incentives over the two years of the contract, sources told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli.

the eagles won't pick up the option, and the only 2 teams that are that desperate and have nothing to lose should be the bills and rams. maybe one of those 2 pick him up, but i doubt for anywhere near 5.2 mill... vick will probably be nothing but a 1 year mercinary for the rest of his carrear.

UltimateBengal
01-20-2010, 09:45 PM
the eagles have to first pick up the 2nd year option which would cost them 5.2 mill... do you really think they'd take the risk of paying him 5.2 mill incase nobody bites on a trade ?

The first year of the deal is for $1.6 million with the second-year option worth $5.2 million, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Vick can also earn an additional $3 million in incentives over the two years of the contract, sources told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli.

Thats a great point. It will be interesting to see how much he winds up getting from someone.

SH-Rock
01-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Eagles might go 2 seasons with Vick, if they release Mcnabb.

MasterOfPuppets
01-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Eagles might go 2 seasons with Vick, if they release Mcnabb.
there is noway the eagles are going to pay him 5.2 mill for a year. :popcorn: why would they release mcnabb ? if anything they'd trade him, but andy reed already squashed that rumor or at least tried to. considering mcnabbs age and only one year left on his contract, i think they should. his value is only gonna go down. up and comers like minnesota and Sanfran would probably fork out 2 1st rounders for him.

Psyychoward86
01-20-2010, 10:11 PM
i would consider trading Mcnabb. Kolb looked great in his two starts, and i doubt he chokes as badly as McNabb has done for the Eagles.

MasterOfPuppets
01-20-2010, 10:44 PM
i would consider trading Mcnabb. Kolb looked great in his two starts, and i doubt he chokes as badly as McNabb has done for the Eagles.
yup ...if they have any confidence in kolb, they should really consider it. the 49 ers have 2 first round picks this year. thats who i'd be calling. they could fix quite a few problems with 3 first round picks...here's what this site had to say about thier needs...

Philadelphia Eagles: DE, FS, OG, CB depth, OLB, RB depth

With great offensive firepower, the Eagles have become one of the league’s hottest teams entering the playoffs. From here, the Eagles need to just work on stabilizing the offensive line, which will allow them to become more consistent in converting 3rd downs, where they are only average. The injuries to Shawn Andrews have really held back an otherwise dominant career and any contributions from him will be seen as a bonus. Winston Justice’s rock solid play at right tackle warranted an extension and erased one of the team’s potential biggest early season needs. The biggest hole on this side of ball is at right guard. The team may also try to find more depth and talent at running back to try and replace Brian Westbrook in the future. Defensively there are several areas that can be improved. The Eagles defense will always be able to generate a pass rush due to the exotic blitzing scheme perfected by the late Jim Johnson, but on non-blitz downs, the defense becomes very average. That can be mostly attributed to the lack of a true pass rush. Trent Cole is a force from one side, but could have even more value with a complement on the other side facing more single-teams. The Eagles have endured the early season losses of linebackers Stewart Bradley and Omar Gaither. They’ll look for more depth at outside linebacker to replace some potential free agent losses and as insurance to possible injuries next year. Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel are as good a tandem as any in the NFL, but the depth behind them could be improved.

if they could nail that trade scenerio with the 49ers they would have the 13th , 17th , and 24th picks.

Steeldude
01-21-2010, 12:27 AM
no this again.

why would the steelers need another kordell?

vick sucked when he was in atlanta and now he sucks(moreso) on the eagles

lionslicer
01-21-2010, 12:46 AM
there is noway the eagles are going to pay him 5.2 mill for a year. :popcorn: why would they release mcnabb ? if anything they'd trade him, but andy reed already squashed that rumor or at least tried to. considering mcnabbs age and only one year left on his contract, i think they should. his value is only gonna go down. up and comers like minnesota and Sanfran would probably fork out 2 1st rounders for him.

Eagles don't want to release McNabb, but they do want to trade him. They want Kolb to be the starter. McNabb would be taking up too much Salary to be mentorying Kolb, and McNabb would rather start somewhere. Eagles have been wanting to trade McNabb and Vick in the same trade, a team might take the trade, then trade away McNabb or Vick to another team for picks. Eagles coule trade them to 49er's, they take McNabb, trade Vick to the Bills for a couple picks this year, maybe a player or 2. Reid may have said McNabb will be the starter, but people higher in the Eagles organization want him gone.

lionslicer
01-21-2010, 12:50 AM
no this again.

Vick can be deadly if a team like Miami picks him up and uses him in the Wildcat. Because he can actually pass, those running backs they have can't pass for shiz. And he's become more of a power runner with the weight he's put on. One of the games this year for the Eagles, he rushed on a goal line situation and bowled over a couple of linebackers.

solardave
01-21-2010, 03:11 AM

http://www.mixx.com/stories/6503170/rumors_run_wild_are_steelers_interested_in_michael _vick_news_story_wpxi_pittsburgh

No thanks .We have a starting QB. Maybe you guys should take him.

Galax Steeler
01-21-2010, 03:39 AM
I have to say no way he will not be in Black and Gold.

Rick5895
01-21-2010, 05:30 AM

Since he has a dubious track record including time in prison , wouldn't he better fit the Bungles??:tt04:

supa_fly_steeler
01-21-2010, 06:20 AM
i just want him back in atlanta tearing up the place. would be fun to watch again. my favourite quarterback tearing up defenses probably ours as well he did in 2006 lol. He looks a better passer since he has been in philly but has looked slower

And he's become more of a power runner with the weight he's put on

Are you on crack seriously it was a quarterback draw where everyone rushed for the endzone, he dived over the center and over the top of the linebackers. he did by no means truck them wth lol

vrabinec
01-21-2010, 07:29 AM
No thanks. I would have to stop watching football because my wife would make it impossible. "Are you watching the dog killer again?" and she wouldn't stop. Not kidding here. No, let someone else take him.

HometownGal
01-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Since he has a dubious track record including time in prison , wouldn't he better fit the Bungles??:tt04:

:toofunny::thumbsup::toofunny:

He's already used to wearing orange - I'm sure he wouldn't mind adding the black. :chuckle:

fansince'76
01-21-2010, 08:26 AM
For about the thousandth time, no. Next.

Dodt
01-21-2010, 08:38 AM
hey i have no problem with vick in a steelers jersey , as long as he is watching the games at the bar.

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Eagles don't want to release McNabb, but they do want to trade him. They want Kolb to be the starter. McNabb would be taking up too much Salary to be mentorying Kolb, and McNabb would rather start somewhere. Eagles have been wanting to trade McNabb and Vick in the same trade, a team might take the trade, then trade away McNabb or Vick to another team for picks. Eagles coule trade them to 49er's, they take McNabb, trade Vick to the Bills for a couple picks this year, maybe a player or 2. Reid may have said McNabb will be the starter, but people higher in the Eagles organization want him gone.
uhhhhh.....alrighty then....:uhh:

SteelerEmpire
01-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Vick would fit in "with the team" as a back up to Ben... but there would be, at least initially, some flack from "some" of the fans...

supa_fly_steeler
01-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Vicks going back to Atlanta

SteelMember
01-21-2010, 10:11 AM
I think we have a similar guy in Dennis Dixon already on the roster. The incoming #3 QB will likely be a more conventional QB. ( in the St Pierre mould??)

And Dixon can pass. Vick spent years trying to convince people he was a "pocket passer"... he's not. :noidea:

Really? I don't think so. They have moved on.

Nadroj 20
01-21-2010, 10:12 AM
For about the thousandth time, no. Next.

Bingo.

Dont want him....im very satisfied with DD as the backup.

Nadroj 20
01-21-2010, 10:14 AM

I dont think they want him back, they've moved on with Ryan at the helm.

zulater
01-21-2010, 10:19 AM
I dont think they want him back, they've moved on with Ryan at the helm.

Yeah I think Arthur Blank was burned pretty good by Vick, I can't see him welcoming Mike back in town even if it did make sense from a football perspective. ( which it doesn't)

steelerdude15
01-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Vick wouldn't fit with us since we already have Ben and Dennis, he fits perfect in Philly and he should stay. Who knows, maybe one day he will be the starter for the Eagles.

Dino 6 Rings
01-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Seriously...stfu about Vick in B&G, it isn't even a thought for us at this point. Wouldn't even have him returning punts.

Now, Tomlinson? That has me interested :)

revefsreleets
01-21-2010, 11:08 AM
We already beat this dead horse into glue once this year...why would we do it again?

Dino 6 Rings
01-21-2010, 11:10 AM
We already beat this dead horse into glue once this year...why would we do it again?

Bengal fan started the thread.

7SteelGal43
01-21-2010, 11:34 AM

Never gonna happen. And if it did, 34 years of me being a Steeler fan are up in smoke. See ya in Purple and Gold next year :chuckle:

Indo
01-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Once again,

Vick will NEVER be a Steeler

(as for Atlanta----Ryan's better...why would they move backwards?)

SteelGhost
01-21-2010, 12:32 PM
http://coreygilmore.com/uploads/2007/08/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

:uhh:

supa_fly_steeler
01-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Once again,

Vick will NEVER be a Steeler

(as for Atlanta----Ryan's better...why would they move backwards?)

I wouldn't say Ryan is better, Vick might not be a better passer but Mike Vick at Atlanta was a better Quarterback... He might be going for backup because the Owner still loves him lol.

Anyone remember when arthur blank controlled Vicks wheelchair when he was disabled

Nadroj 20
01-21-2010, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't say Ryan is better, Vick might not be a better passer but Mike Vick at Atlanta was a better Quarterback... He might be going for backup because the Owner still loves him lol.

Anyone remember when arthur blank controlled Vicks wheelchair when he was disabled

Mike Vick = Better athlete

Matt Ryan= Better Quaterback

Indo
01-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Mike Vick = Better athlete

Matt Ryan= Better Quaterback

I would agree with this---but, if I'm the Owner of an NFL team, I want the better Quarterback

Here are some stats:

VICK http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5448

RYAN http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8780

Look at 2005 and 2006 for Vick and 2008-2009 for Ryan

Rushing yards/game and average rushing yards are the only 2 categories that Vick is better. Ryan is better in all others

Nadroj 20
01-21-2010, 01:36 PM
I would agree with this---but, if I'm the Owner of an NFL team, I want the better QuarterbackHere are some stats:

VICK http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5448

RYAN http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8780

Look at 2005 and 2006 for Vick and 2008-2009 for Ryan

Rushing yards/game and average rushing yards are the only 2 categories that Vick is better. Ryan is better in all others

I know :thumbsup:

Thats what i was trying to say pretty much i would take Ryan as well, sorry i wasnt clear in stating my full opinion lol.

Supa said vick was the better QB at atlanta and i was saying vick may be the better athlete but ryan is the better QB.

Indo
01-21-2010, 01:47 PM
I know :thumbsup:

Thats what i was trying to say pretty much i would take Ryan as well, sorry i wasnt clear in stating my full opinion lol.

Supa said vick was the better QB at atlanta and i was saying vick may be the better athlete but ryan is the better QB.

I understood what you were saying!

I'm just saying that I agree with you! :thumbsup: and threw in some stats to back up why I agree with you

lionslicer
01-21-2010, 08:01 PM
i just want him back in atlanta tearing up the place. would be fun to watch again. my favourite quarterback tearing up defenses probably ours as well he did in 2006 lol. He looks a better passer since he has been in philly but has looked slower

Are you on crack seriously it was a quarterback draw where everyone rushed for the endzone, he dived over the center and over the top of the linebackers. he did by no means truck them wth lol

He ran though a linebacker, I know what I saw :]
I also saw him run through a couple DB's in some other games. He's more powerful than he normally is. He is no where near mendenhall, but have you seen these small backs who are about the same speed as Vick? they shy away from every hit, Vick doesn't shy away, making him, by definition a power runner, **** off ...

St33lersguy
01-21-2010, 08:12 PM

Yeah but at least Roethlisberger won a playoff game. Did Palmer or for that matter any Bengals starting QB after 1990. I am not a smack talker either, I just state the facts.

SteelerEmpire
01-21-2010, 08:55 PM
As far as the team... and the owner is concerned... the Steelers are a "Democratic" team... look who Tomlin and Rooney (and the players) supported in the Pres. Election... It amazes that so many in the Steeler Nation do not recognize this aspect..?? I will commit to say that 95% of the guys... from the bottom--to the top... of this franchise are supporters of Obama........... really.......
I'm just sayin... don' t be surprised if Vick .............

zulater
01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
As far as the team... and the owner is concerned... the Steelers are a "Democratic" team... look who Tomlin and Rooney (and the players) supported in the Pres. Election... It amazes that so many in the Steeler Nation do not recognize this aspect..?? I will commit to say that 95% of the guys... from the bottom--to the top... of this franchise are supporters of Obama........... really.......

:screwy:

SteelerEmpire
01-21-2010, 09:42 PM
:screwy:

Do that all you want to ..... my previous post.......its the truth....

zulater
01-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Do that all you want to ..... my previous post.......its the truth....

Right, the Steelers will be signing vick any day now. :coffee:

SteelerEmpire
01-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Right, the Steelers will be signing vick any day now. :coffee:

No.... just don't be surprised of the what the team supports in the future... Don' t be surprised what the team supports..... that's what I'm trying to say..... Just a few years ago, no one gave M. Tomlin the credit to be the head coach.... but he is...And the team is all better for it.... I'm just sayin... its the Rooney's team.... not the fans.....

markymarc
01-22-2010, 02:16 PM
I would rather see Dennis Dixon get more playing time than bring in Michael Vick.

Indo
01-22-2010, 03:04 PM

What does being "a Democratic team" have to do with Vick? What does supporting Obama have to do with Vick?

Let's look at this objectively:
Vick is, at best, an average to lower-end QB (see the links to the stats I posted above)
Vick has shown his propensity towards criminal activities and, sorry, but THE ONLY reason he apologized and got all civilized on us was because he got caught. This guy would STILL be involved in a dog-fighting gambling ring and would still be killing dogs if he hadn't gotten caught. Period.
Whatever the Rooney's past (Republican) or present (Democratic) political affiliations may be, or who they supported in the Presidential election has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on how they run their football team.

I have said this before and I will say it again--
The Rooneys are all about Integrity and Character.
Michael Vick has neither of those qualities. He WILL NEVER wear the Black and Gold...

steelax04
01-22-2010, 03:27 PM

Sorry, you already used this in another thread...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=761585#post761585

What exactly are you trying to say out of all that gibberish? :noidea:

SteelerEmpire
01-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Sorry, you already used this in another thread...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=761585#post761585

What exactly are you trying to say out of all that gibberish? :noidea:

... Never mind......was on a little "Steel Reserve" Beer last night.... lol... :doh:

steelax04
01-22-2010, 08:09 PM
... Never mind......was on a little "Steel Reserve" Beer last night.... lol... :doh:

haha! At least we know who the real culprit was. :drink:

pghfrank1948
01-23-2010, 06:35 AM
I would never forgive the Rooneys if that low life Vick ever puts on Black and Gold. This asshole shouldnt be back in football. I wouldnt be sad if someone caps his sorry ass in the offseason!!!!

markymarc
01-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Chan Gailey now has Michael Vick on speed dial :chuckle:

stb_steeler
01-23-2010, 05:27 PM
no this again.

I have to agree. why is it everytime someones do to be traded or let go everyone is on the illusion that they may end up in Pitt.

HughC
01-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Regardless of when the article was printed, the best place for Vick is not on a team already set at quarterback. If a team has a player like Ben or Manning or Brees already, why would you want to take the ball out of his hands? Best bet is for a team that has question marks at QB and employ some wildcat plays in their playbook. In addition, this would give Vick a chance to start - and since that is what he wants, there would be less of a possible problem with him being disgruntled and causing problems due to being a backup.

I'd say the Rams would be the best fit, after taking Suh with their first pick. Redskins would be another possibility since whoever is behind that offensive line has to move fast or he'll end up in the hospital. Carolina needs to replace Jake Delhomme, and since this will surely be an uncapped year they might let him go despite extending him a year ago in order to get under last year's cap. Hasselbeck doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy so Seattle is another possibility.

Bottom line is "Vick in black and gold" makes no sense from a football perspective - and that's without bringing up anything else about his past off-field issues.

Havik
01-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Hell no. Michael Vick tortured and killed dogs for fun. I don' t think he should even be in the NFL. Really he should still be in prison. People like Vick are sadistic psychos, I think it's only a matter of time before he does something really bad, like murder.