PDA

View Full Version : Who do you like for the SuperBowl ?

Venom
01-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Now that we are in the final four weekend, who do you like for the Superbowl . Due to my dislike for Bret Favre and my hatred to Jets fans here in New York City , its pretty easy for me. I like the Colts vs Saints and the winner to be the Saints !!!! :banging:

HometownGal
01-21-2010, 09:09 AM
We already did this a month or so back, but we'll do it again I suppose.

Colts vs. Saints with the Saints getting the Lombardi. :applaudit:

The Duke
01-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Vikings

I may have hated the whole favre drama during the offseason, but I still like the guy

Besides, I don't want rex ryan getting a ring, I'd hate it if reggie bush got one, and the colts, meh, I prefer the vikings

Nadroj 20
01-21-2010, 11:18 AM
I think the Colts will beat the Jets....the Saints Vikings game will be a close one IMO, and i really dont care who wins....if i had to pick a winner id say the Saints and then the Saints winning in the Superbowl.

I would not mind one bit if Favre got another ring though. What the guy has done at the age of 40 is special.

zulater
01-21-2010, 11:24 AM
I have no dislike for any team that's still alive. But if you told me I'd get a 1000 bucks if I correctly forecasted the remaining 3 games, I'd say the Colts win rather handily, 27-10, something like that. I think the NFC title game will be one for the ages, I'll call it 29-26 Vikes in OT. Then I see the Colts and Vikings in a seesaw battle with the Vikings eventually prevailing 31-27.

stlrtruck
01-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Saints all the way!

Would love to see Manning get owned in Miami.

Indo
01-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Who Dat!

Angus Burgher
01-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Gotta go with the Saints and Colts, with the Saints taking it all.

The Saints were the only impressive team this weekend. Aside from their defense blowing it on the first play of the game (and granted, that was ugly) they played like a team that NEEDS to be in the Super Bowl. If they don't make it in, it will be nothing short of a travesty. Brees is one of the best QBs in the game (he could possibly make a case for being THE best), and they've got all the other components of a championship team: great coaches, solid running game, good defense. Sean Payton should have won coach of the year, despite what Bengals fans would have you believe.

The Colts are great this year and Manning, though some of us might hate him, deserves a lot (though not all) of the accolades he gets. However, they only won last week because Baltimore sucked. You don't blow out a team by that big of a margin in the playoffs unless the other team lays an egg. Not that I'm complaining. Any day the Ravens shoot themselves in the foot is a good day in football, IMO. But I just don't think the Colts are playing great football now. They will, however, beat the Jets. If they don't, it'll be a shocker (and probably a really boring, low-scoring game of field goals).

The Vikes have all the pieces of a great team and their win over Dallas looks impressive. But again, I go back to what I said about the Colts/Ravens game. You don't beat down a team by that much unless that team creates some of their own problems. The Cowboys (periodically) moved the ball down the field in that game but then managed to severely screw up once they got into Vikes territory. Sure, the Minnesota D deserves credit but you can also argue that Dallas' O-Line and Romo's big game play ability were the true culprits. And while Favre's 4 TDs were impressive, AP had a poor showing, and the team suffered quite a few 3 and outs until it became clear that Dallas had dug themselves too deep a hole to recover from.

The Jets look like they're going to be a great team in a year or two but right now, they've honestly just made it this far due to pure luck. Anyone who thinks that team is the "model" of what Pittsburgh needs to be doing is an idiot. The Jets were a 9-7 team this year too, and only made it into the playoffs due to the right teams losing. That being said, I was impressed that they beat the Chargers... despite how agonizingly dull that game was to watch.

supa_fly_steeler
01-21-2010, 02:03 PM
see my conference championship prediction below

jets 21-19 Colts Vikings 24-27 Saints

steelreserve
01-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Jets vs. anyone, with whichever NFC team probably winning.

As long as the Colts don't win it all, I will be reasonably satisfied with the season.

Angus Burgher
01-21-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm just satisfied knowing that the Ravens, Bengals, Eagles and Cowboys all got knocked out. And blown out, at that.

Indo
01-21-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm just satisfied knowing that the Ravens, Bengals, Eagles and Cowboys all got knocked out. And blown out, at that.

Add the Cheatriots to that list

zulater
01-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Add the Cheatriots to that list

Ditto to that. :thumbsup:

Angus Burgher
01-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Ah, yes! Forgot about them.

Ugh, my girlfriend is a Pats fan. Drives me nuts, although she does root for the Steelers when we watch games together. But what's worse is that her family is chock full of Ratbirds fans.

MACH1
01-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Saints

Psyychoward86
01-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Colts vs. Saints

34-29 Saints

Vincent
01-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Hey, the cheats, rats and cowfelons are watching from their couches, so I can just relax and watch it play out.

From what I've seen of the Colts and Jets, that could go either way hard. And by hard I mean, the Colts light it up or the Jets shut it down. I'm thinking the way the Colts handled the rats gives us a clue, so I'll say the Colts.

The Vikings and Saints aren't that far apart on offense and have about the same balance. Minnie's D is much better as we saw last week when they abused the cowfelons. Both are dome teams. I've got to think the Vikings can handle the Saints. And there's a "magic" to Favre of late.

I think the Vikings can handle the Colts.

But thats why they play the games.

Galax Steeler
01-22-2010, 05:26 AM
We already did this a month or so back, but we'll do it again I suppose.

Colts vs. Saints with the Saints getting the Lombardi. :applaudit:

What she said.:thumbsup:

WH
01-22-2010, 07:57 AM
I would like to see Jets vs. Saints.

A Running offense vs. a Passing offense.

memphissteelergirl
01-22-2010, 10:01 AM

Hear, here!! :thumbsup:

I think these games will some of the best of the season. There are some really good match-ups.

I am going to say it's going to be a repeat of '69 and the Jets pull off the upset....either a late TD or field goal. There are going to be a lot of open mouths and bug eyes in disbelief in Indy. :chuckle:.

I think the Saints will take advantage of the home field and win by 10 pts at the most.

So, IMHO, it will be the Jets and the Saints in the SB with the Saints winning it all and kicking off Mardi Gras early in 'Nawlins.

Like I said before, it should be a great Sunday of football. I'm looking forward to it. :popcorn:

SteelersinCA
01-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Colts v. Vikes. I'd like to see favre win.

steelerdude15
01-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Well originally my prediction was Chargers vs Saints, but I'm going to go with the Colts and Saints. IMO the NFC Championship game is going to be a good, close game. I believe the AFC Championship won't be as good. I hope the Super Bowl is a good one though.

Indo
01-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Hear, here!! :thumbsup:

So, IMHO, it will be the Jets and the Saints in the SB with the Saints winning it all and kicking off Mardi Gras early in 'Nawlins.

Yep

Mardi Gras is Feb. 16 this year

I'm wondering if the SB victory parade will trump some of the other Carnival Parades or if the city will wait a while and have another parade in March...
Anyone that knows anything about NOLA knows that any excuse to have a Parade is a good one!

steeltheone
01-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Mr. Manning ring number 2

Rinkleroot
01-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Colts 38 Jets 13

Vikings 27 Saints 24

Colts 31 Vikings 24

Franco32Harris
01-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Vikings over the Jets

I hate the Colts.....

zulater
01-26-2010, 06:29 AM
I have no dislike for any team that's still alive. But if you told me I'd get a 1000 bucks if I correctly forecasted the remaining 3 games, I'd say the Colts win rather handily, 27-10, something like that. I think the NFC title game will be one for the ages, I'll call it 29-26 Vikes in OT. Then I see the Colts and Vikings in a seesaw battle with the Vikings eventually prevailing 31-27.

Damn, almost called it right. :hunch:
Just change my SB pick to Colts 31-20 over the Saints.

The Colts wont beat themselves like the Vikings did.

steelerdave1969
01-26-2010, 11:33 AM
I think I was pretty close saying the

Saints 34
Vikings 31
and I picked the Colts in a big wash out of the Ravens earlier..
So I got the teams right anyways.

Super Bowl Prediction?

Saints 37
Colts 30

I would love to see the Saints pull the upset and it would really be good for the city and Drew Brees who seems like a class act in his own rights

HometownGal
01-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Saints 35
Colts 24

The Saints D has to keep the pressure on Peytoon. Poor schnookie ookums doesn't like having defenders in his face. :binky: :chuckle:

That being said, however, I actually like Peytoon - he's a very likeable bumpkin and one helluva QB. :hatsoff:

WH
01-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Prediction????????????????????????+
Paaaaaaain.

This is one of those games that becomes one of that boring defensive struggles after being hyped for two weeks. 13-7 Colts.

Kanata-Steeler
01-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Prediction????????????????????????+
Paaaaaaain.

This is one of those games that becomes one of that boring defensive struggles after being hyped for two weeks. 13-7 Colts.

...well, that is definitely a possibility, as long as there are NO turnovers.