PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Maddox of 2003 - Arians 2009 - Is it obvious ?

Bobby_Walden
01-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Couldn't help but notice the similarities between these two types of Steeler teams. Both went no where.

Jeff George, Run N Shoot junk of the 90's, 2003 Steelers, 2009 Steelers; All suffered the same unfortunate result. Phased out by management.

Seems like the "chuck it up 40 times" crowd tends to...um...lose. A lot.

Seems like I remember the Steelers going like 15-1 the next year with a rookie QB and a running attack that had teeth !

Thank you Mr. Rooney.
A concerned, life-long Steeler Fan.

zulater
01-22-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm mostly on your side, but dude you're getting more than just a little overbearing here. :doh: You do realize that don't you?:noidea:

NJarhead
01-22-2010, 12:55 PM
We've won the SB twice since Arians has been on the staff. He's also known for making "Chicken salad out of chicken S**t" in Cleveland.

It's true we need to run the ball more, but had our defense been at least a little similar to what it was last year, we would have dominated.

The playoffs this year were dominated by passing teams (save the Jets and Vikings and the Vikes can also sling it if need be). The league is turning into a passing league. Not that I'm crazy about the thought of this.

SteelGhost
01-22-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm mostly on your side, but dude you're getting more than just a little overbearing here. :doh: You do realize that don't you?:noidea:

No offense Bobby W. , but I have to agree with zulater :noidea:

steelax04
01-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Beat a dead horse much?

Nadroj 20
01-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Whats wrong with taking advantage of a great QB and WR threats like we have? I agree running the ball in certain situations like 3rd and short is something i would like to see...and i wouldnt hate seeing mendy get more of a chance, BUT this years problems WAS NOT because of us not running the ball as much as some would have liked.....why nit pick at this when there was bigger problems like ummmm defensivley?