PDA

View Full Version : I found this to be funny

Galax Steeler
01-23-2010, 07:00 AM
I found a mock draft that had this pick and look what he said.:rofl:

18. PIT: C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson*
The Steelers have no major holes and they can never have too many running backs. Spiller was unbelievable for Clemson in 2009 despite rarely playing at 100 percent.

No major holes.:toofunny:

Steely McSmash
01-23-2010, 03:16 PM
here's another humorous bit. This is a draft grade of last year's class:

Pittsburgh Steelers

The Steelers stuck to the game plan of getting high character, high effort, team players. They eschewed the chance to take possible high impact guys with questions, which is the luxury a returning champ has, to take guys who will fill roles well and not talk out of turn. Ziggy Hood can eat glass, spit it out, and then walk on it, he’ll be an excellent grinder up front at a position that was getting thin. Kraig Urbik will instantly improve the short yardage running game and let’s hope he beats out Darnell Stapleton. Mike Wallace gives the team a real kick return threat and he has the speed to reprise Nate Washington’s role in the slot if Limas Sweed doesn’t develop. Keenan Lewis is a great bump and run corner who will need safety help over the top. Frank Summers gives the team a real short yardage back, basically Carey Davis with a mean streak.

My favorite pick was AQ Shipley, a local kid who will start for this team, I don’t care that he has short arms.

Best Pick: 7(226) AQ Shipley, C, Penn State - When I watched James Laurinaitis in the PSU/OSU game, all I saw was Shipley up in his grill all day.

Worst Pick: 1(32) Ziggy Hood, DT, Missouri - Not a terrible pick, but felt too safe when guys like Alphonso Smith, Darius Butler, and Eben Britton were still on the board.
Grade: C

http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/1/2009_nfl_draft_grades_-_afc_north/

7willBheaven
01-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Not knocking Ziggy...because i think he will be good for us...but would have been nice to have Butler (or even Smith), especially after seeing this year play out.

supa_fly_steeler
01-24-2010, 10:44 PM
lol silly people

MasterOfPuppets
01-25-2010, 03:35 AM
there's peple right here on this board not only pimping spillar, but jahvid best....:doh:

SteelerNation12
01-25-2010, 03:56 AM
there's peple right here on this board not only pimping spillar, but jahvid best....:doh:
:noidea: Both are solid RBs who give this team speed at RB if Parker is let go.

MasterOfPuppets
01-25-2010, 04:14 AM
:noidea: Both are solid RBs who give this team speed at RB if Parker is let go.
can he play NT if hampton isn't resigned ? can he play safety if clark isn't resigned? can he backup at either safty positions? can he replace farrior in the near future at linebacker? how about olber, if woodly or harrison get injured, can he fill in? the lin is still average at best can he upgrade any position there or add quality depth? acn he play cornerback ?

SteelerNation12
01-25-2010, 05:44 AM
can he play NT if hampton isn't resigned ? can he play safety if clark isn't resigned? can he backup at either safty positions? can he replace farrior in the near future at linebacker? how about olber, if woodly or harrison get injured, can he fill in? the lin is still average at best can he upgrade any position there or add quality depth? acn he play cornerback ?
Lots of what ifs in there. We have no idea who will be on the board if we pick, if Haden or Thomas are gone by pick 18 who would you pick? Reach for a guard who isn't elite, but solid? Reach for a CB that we could probably land in round 2? O lets pick a back up LB in round 1 or 2 that will probably never see the field behind Woodley and wouldnt for a while behind Harrison. You pick depth in later rounds. Spiller or Best would see the field a lot and give us a legit homerun hitter at RB.

Galax Steeler
01-25-2010, 06:45 AM
Lots of what ifs in there. We have no idea who will be on the board if we pick, if Haden or Thomas are gone by pick 18 who would you pick? Reach for a guard who isn't elite, but solid? Reach for a CB that we could probably land in round 2? O lets pick a back up LB in round 1 or 2 that will probably never see the field behind Woodley and wouldnt for a while behind Harrison. You pick depth in later rounds. Spiller or Best would see the field a lot and give us a legit homerun hitter at RB.

Why not take Terrence Cody if Haden and Thomas is gone if we don't start getting some youth in some of our positions then one day we are going to turn around and all of our starters will be old and injured and no one ready to replace them.

SteelerNation12
01-25-2010, 07:12 AM
Why not take Terrence Cody if Haden and Thomas is gone if we don't start getting some youth in some of our positions then one day we are going to turn around and all of our starters will be old and injured and no one ready to replace them.
I'm not even saying take one of them in round 1. Im just saying its silly to rule out Best in round 2. When is the last time they haven't thrown a curve ball at us in the first 2 rounds? Cody is solid for sure and I would have no problem taking him at #18. We have drafted well enough over the years that I trust we can land some solid players in the later sounds. Hopefully none of these guys will be asked to start from day 1. Unless is Thomas or Haden, I don't fell confident enough in them starting that soon.

Galax Steeler
01-25-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm not even saying take one of them in round 1. Im just saying its silly to rule out Best in round 2. When is the last time they haven't thrown a curve ball at us in the first 2 rounds? Cody is solid for sure and I would have no problem taking him at #18. We have drafted well enough over the years that I trust we can land some solid players in the later sounds. Hopefully none of these guys will be asked to start from day 1. Unless is Thomas or Haden, I don't fell confident enough in them starting that soon.

I agree with you if we can land a solid runner in the later rounds I am all for it. I just hope we don't do it in the first round. Best is a solid runner that is for sure the only thing that scares me with him is the concussions he has had in college. He may have a short stay in the NFL if he keeps taking hits to his head. But hey who knows they have done it before and wouldn't be surpised if they did it again.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-25-2010, 07:33 AM

Possible but not likely

Most teams use a need/value chart. For instance. If Hampton is not resigned and we go into the draft without him...obviously we will be looking for a NT. Now lets say that Dan Wiliams and Terrance Cody are both drafted before the Steelers #18 pick. The Steelers FO will then look at need/value of those Tackles that remain and might decide that, although the need is still there, there is no value NT until the 3rd round with Torrell Troupe. Therefore, value would outweigh the need in that case and they would then look at the next need...in this case lets say Safety...they look at those safeties that have not been drafted yet and again use that need/value chart to decide if there is a safety worth the #18 slot....if so, they grab him. If not they move to need #3 and look at the value of OT's...and so on.

That being said...even if we deem our need at Linebacker to be average, , we would still take a Rolondo McClain in the first round (or trade down) as opposed to reaching for players not worth drafting at #18.

Since we are pretty loaded at RB...even if we lose Parker. We would probably trade down with a team that needs a RB enough to cough up a few draft picks for a player like Spiller. I think our need for a RB is far enough down the list that we could find value at positions we have more need for.

SteelerNation12
01-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Possible but not likely

Most teams use a need/value chart. For instance. If Hampton is not resigned and we go into the draft without him...obviously we will be looking for a NT. Now lets say that Dan Wiliams and Terrance Cody are both drafted before the Steelers #18 pick. The Steelers FO will then look at need/value of those Tackles that remain and might decide that, although the need is still there, there is no value NT until the 3rd round with Torrell Troupe. Therefore, value would outweigh the need in that case and they would then look at the next need...in this case lets say Safety...they look at those safeties that have not been drafted yet and again use that need/value chart to decide if there is a safety worth the #18 slot....if so, they grab him. If not they move to need #3 and look at the value of OT's...and so on.

That being said...even if we deem our need at Linebacker to be average, , we would still take a Rolondo McClain in the first round (or trade down) as opposed to reaching for players not worth drafting at #18.

Since we are pretty loaded at RB...even if we lose Parker. We would probably trade down with a team that needs a RB enough to cough up a few draft picks for a player like Spiller. I think our need for a RB is far enough down the list that we could find value at positions we have more need for.
Which is why we need to wait till after FA before we can start thinking about what this team does and doesn't need. With the pending uncapped year a lot of things will be changed. You will be seeing a lot of players like Berrian, Clayton, and maybe Roy Williams let go because of their salaries and poor play.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Which is why we need to wait till after FA before we can start thinking about what this team does and doesn't need. With the pending uncapped year a lot of things will be changed. You will be seeing a lot of players like Berrian, Clayton, and maybe Roy Williams let go because of their salaries and poor play.

True...and the last 8 teams in the playoffs may be handcuffed in regards to their ability to pick up FA's.

Nadroj 20
01-25-2010, 01:28 PM
I dont want a RB 1st round thats just my thinking though. I want to see some help on the defense and if Thomas is there i want him or even Robinson from Florida State....also dan williams is awesome if hes there.

atlsteelers
01-26-2010, 11:57 AM
i want cj spiller - the guy is a game changer.

atlsteelers
01-26-2010, 12:04 PM
mount cody is eating himself out of the first round and maybe football. did you see his photo from the senior bowl. the dude almost weighs 400lbs and he weight is still climbing. he has gotten so big that he can hardly get a 3 point stance.