PDA

View Full Version : Times Express Monroeville, PA article

lawrencevillian
02-01-2006, 06:18 PM
I like the last line about "Roethlisberger will be forced to throw more than he would like to...". What's not to like? I predict Heath Miller will rip the Seasquawks for all kinds of yards. Is this guy Nash for real? What is he looking at? I am ashamed this moron is from the 'burgh.

NASH: Seahawks the better all-around team
By Kevin Nash, Staff Writer
Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Seattle will win Super Bowl XL because it is the all-around, better team. Had the Seattle not already clinched home-field advantage and not rested some of its starters, it would have trounced Green Bay in the final game of the regular season, giving it a 14-game win streak going into Detroit and making the Seahawks the hottest team.

Furthermore, I picked Seattle to win it all at the beginning of the playoffs. The Seahawks have the number one scoring offense in the league with an average of 28.2 points per game, and their offense was the second rated unit overall.

Seattle also boasts the league's most valuable player, Shaun Alexander, who was also the league's leading rusher with 1,880 yards. Matt Hasselbeck is a seasoned, Pro Bowl quarterback that has played relatively mistake free.

To make a long story short, the Seahawks have a lot of weapons and are able to utilize these weapons because of a dominant offensive line, quite possibly the best in the league.

Because of that, the Steelers will not have their way when blitzing against Seattle. And Joey Porter, who has been the Steelers' main sack threat, will be rendered a non-factor in his match up with left tackle Walter Jones -- who has supplanted Baltimore's Jonathan Ogden as the best tackle in football.

The lack of pressure on Hasselbeck will expose the weak link of the Steelers' defense -- their secondary.

Offensively, the Steelers will be facing a defense that has peaked at the right time. Seattle was fifth against the run in 2005, which is the Steelers bread-and-butter.

Willie Parker disappears in some games, especially against the better rush defenses, so it's going to be up to Jerome Bettis to effectively run the football.

The Seahawks are playing better pass defense in the post season than it did during the regular season, and they led the league in sacks with 50. Its front four can get after the quarterback, so look for Ben Roethlisberger to throw into a seven-man coverages.

Too many people are still hung over from the thrashing the Steelers gave Denver, who clearly didn't belong in the AFC Championship game -- thinking of the Broncos as the second best team in the AFC is a joke.

The Seahawks have too many weapons offensively and will expose the Steelers' defense. Roethlisberger will be forced to throw more than he would like to in a close, down-to-the-wire game.

Prediction: Seahawks 24-20

The JoKeR
02-01-2006, 06:27 PM
I like how everyone STILL says that our secondary sucks. Compared to the rest of the defense....yea, it's the weakest link maybe....but there is alot of talent back there. We've got the best Safety duo and our cornerbacks have played AWESOME against some of the best receivers in the league.

Suitanim
02-01-2006, 06:52 PM
He's writing for the "Times Express"...I think there's probably a pretty good reason why that is. By the way, the Times Express has a circulation of less than 5,000.

gmuny2002
02-01-2006, 08:30 PM
What was this guy smoking anyhow?!

SteelerDan43
02-01-2006, 08:34 PM
How dare a Pittsburgh area paper pick against the Steelers in of all games the Super Bowl... That is just sacrelige

Koopa
02-01-2006, 08:39 PM
ppl said the same shit about the colts o-line, they said the same shit about the broncos o-line, they said the same shit about our secondary when we played the colts. oh well let them hate it's gonna be much sweater when we are celebrating the W

Suitanim
02-01-2006, 08:55 PM
I think you guys are missing the point...this guys ticket out of a tiny paper and a $10 an hour job is to attempt something bold, like pick the Seahawks in the middle of Steelers Nation.

However, when he's wrong, he may end up back in the obits section writing for $8 an hour.

CheapBasturd
02-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Seattle will win Super Bowl XL because it is the all-around, better team.
....., I picked Seattle to win it all at the beginning of the playoffs. The Seahawks have the number one scoring offense in the league with an average of 28.2 points per game, and their offense was the second rated unit overall.

Prediction: Seahawks 24-20

It they are that good in his eyes, why is the score so close?? This should be a blowout the way he talks...

The Times express..?.?.? Oh, I know, thats what my dog $h!ts on.. :poop:

Prosdo
02-01-2006, 09:15 PM
I've never even heard of that paper before. And I don't live too far from Monroeville.