PDA

View Full Version : Who Knew? Black & Gold

JEFF4i
01-25-2010, 01:44 AM
I'll be rooting for those colors, just not in the way I quite had hoped.

More than anything I don't like the Colts or Peyton, but it'd be good for Brees and WhoDat Nation to take a ring, plenty of talent on that team that deserves it.

A lot of it comes down to this though...Peyton rolls over when he's going to be sacked even when evading and making a play could matter. Brees? Sure he threw a pick after it (which was subsequently fumbled and returned for a TD, lol), but anyone remember him stiff-arming a linebacker?

steeltheone
01-25-2010, 04:44 AM
How can you hate Peyton Manning? Hard worker and good family man above being the best qb in the game.

Gnutella
01-25-2010, 05:47 AM
I don't hate Peyton Manning, just Bill Polian and the majority of Colts fans I've met.

SteelerNation12
01-25-2010, 07:13 AM
I'll be rooting for the Saints, those fans and city deserve this.

arge5809
01-25-2010, 07:16 AM
Go Saints! It would be nice to see the underdog win one. Manning repeatedly gets the MVP of the league for doing the same thing he normally does. :noidea: I would like to see someone win the MVP of the league that actually did something above and beyond. :doh:

:tt02: :tt03: :drink:

lionslicer
01-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Here is a delima for Peyton Manning... His dad played for the Saints and he lived in New Orleans most of his pre-adult life. After hurricane Katrina he did a lot of work down there. If wins, wont he feel like be betrayed his dad and the city in some way? .... lol

steeltheone
01-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Go Saints! It would be nice to see the underdog win one. Manning repeatedly gets the MVP of the league for doing the same thing he normally does. :noidea: I would like to see someone win the MVP of the league that actually did something above and beyond. :doh:

:tt02: :tt03: :drink:

Without Manning that team is lucky to be .500. Thats why he is MVP

JEFF4i
01-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Okay, so I don't "hate" Peyton Manning. He is a pretty good guy, love his ads, and does do a lot for the community.

I hate the way he plays, lol. Can't blame him for it, it works, apparently. Also, I like the Saints.

memphissteelergirl
01-25-2010, 11:13 AM
How can you hate Peyton Manning? Hard worker and good family man above being the best qb in the game.

I agree. I have never understood the "Peyton hating." He seems to be a good guy and he is one of the best QB's in the league. Not too mention his MasterCard and Sony ads are pretty funny.

And considering he's an ex-Vol, that's high praise coming from a U of Memphis alum/fan. :wink02:

7SteelGal43
01-25-2010, 11:29 AM
I agree. I have never understood the "Peyton hating." He seems to be a good guy and he is one of the best QB's in the league. Not too mention his MasterCard and Sony ads are pretty funny.

And considering he's an ex-Vol, that's high praise coming from a U of Memphis alum/fan. :wink02:

I was at that game when Memphis beat the Vols w/Peyton at QB :chuckle:

But I still don't get the Peyton hatin' either. :noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-25-2010, 11:36 AM

When my son was 4 years old...Peyton made a point of going out of his way...gettting down on one knee, signing a football, and mussing up my little guys hair while saying..."There ya go little man".

A) My son was wearing a Steelers Jersey
B) It wasnt a sign-and-dash..he took the time to make it personal.

My wife is a Colts fan for that reason alone. (My son still has the ball...but has remained a Steelers fan since he took his first breath:thumbsup:) ...and I have a great deal of respect for a player that seems to have very little to no sense of entightlement.

JEFF4i
01-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah yeah, I relinquished he's a good guy. And he really is a great player...still want Brees to win.

Newzfoxjr
01-25-2010, 12:32 PM
I hate Manning when I don't want him to beat the team he's playing. My dad's team is the saints, and he's been a fan since day #1. He's suffered through so much as a saints fan, I'm really pulling for the WHO DAT NATION! :)

stillers4me
01-25-2010, 12:38 PM
I have nothing against Peyton himself.......he seems like a real down to earth guy and he's certainly one of the all time best QB's to ever play the game.

I just can't stomach all the slobbering we are going to hear about him, his brother and his dad for the next two weeks. Enough already.

I've watched the Saints over the last few years build up to what they are today. They've earned this Superbowl spot. I'm thrilled for the New Orleans fans...43 years is a long time to wait for this! My daughter-in-law is from New Orleans and she has embraced the Steelers since joining our family and so I am rooting for her Saints the big game this year.

BigBen'sSwagger
01-25-2010, 12:59 PM
When my son was 4 years old...Peyton made a point of going out of his way...gettting down on one knee, signing a football, and mussing up my little guys hair while saying..."There ya go little man".

My wife is a Colts fan for that reason alone. (My son still has the ball...but has remained a Steelers fan since he took his first breath:thumbsup:) ...and I have a great deal of respect for a player that seems to have very little to no sense of entightlement.

That is pretty cool and it gives him a lot of leeway. I hated manning for the way he throws others under the bus in big loses. When we beat them it was his o-line. Now after reading this story I still don't like him if for no other reason than he is good, but he has come up a little in my eyes. Thanks for sharing that.

Oh and Go Saints I wanna see them win even if it is only this one and as others have stated love the colors. I think the colts will win though but still holding out hope.

7SteelGal43
01-25-2010, 01:00 PM
I have nothing against Peyton himself.......he seems like a real down to earth guy and he's certainly one of the all time best QB's to ever play the game.

I just can't stomach all the slobbering we are going to hear about him, his brother and his dad for the next two weeks. Enough already.

I've watched the Saints over the last few years build up to what they are today. They've earned this Superbowl spot. I'm thrilled for the New Orleans fans...43 years is a long time to wait for this! My daughter-in-law is from New Orleans and she has embraced the Steelers since joining our family and so I am rooting for her Saints the big game this year.

In all fairness, the "slobbering" in this case is understandable, almost completely deserved. A majorly talented QB from back in the day has not one, but TWO sons that not only make it into the NFL, not only make it to the Superbowl, not only win the Superbowl, but are BOTH Superbowl MVPs. Let the "slobbering" begin.

Nadroj 20
01-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Without Manning that team is lucky to be .500. Thats why he is MVP

Exactly, Peyton is so valuable to that team and alot of people dont realize how valuable he is.

Nadroj 20
01-25-2010, 01:07 PM

That is really cool :thumbsup:

I have always liked peyton and thought he was a great player and guy....this story gives me another reason to think this guy is really cool.

With all of that being said i want a good game for the superbowl and i do not care who wins at all because i have alot of respect for the saints and Brees too.

beSteelmyheart
01-25-2010, 09:49 PM
I am so sick of the illiterate chants of "Who Dat" & 'Who Dey" from a couple of teams in the league who's names I don't need to mention...
Learn how to spell, for crying out loud, who on Earth can take so much pride in sounding so effing stupid???

Shea
01-25-2010, 10:09 PM

I've always have liked Peyton, and never understood why some people seem to hate him so much, and that story you shared just made me like him more. :thumbsup:

He's a great, humble player and represents the league well. He's funny too. I've seen him hold his own on Letterman and other shows, plus the United Way skit on SNL was priceless. :sofunny: Seems like a cool guy to me.

That being said, GO SAINTS! :chuckle:

steve314
01-28-2010, 01:44 PM
I am so sick of the illiterate chants of "Who Dat" & 'Who Dey" from a couple of teams in the league who's names I don't need to mention...
Learn how to spell, for crying out loud, who on Earth can take so much pride in sounding so effing stupid???

Did you really just misspell "whose" and then say "learn how to spell"?

memphissteelergirl
01-28-2010, 02:05 PM

LOL...I noticed that too :chuckle:

"Who Dat" I believe is a chant based on the Louisiana dialect/accent. If you ever heard a Cajun talk, you'd know what I mean. And it's NOT stupid...it's based on their culture. So whoever said that needs to get off their high horse.

"Who Dey" is frankly a bad knockoff of the "Who Dat" chant IMO. Typical Bungles...can't be original :coffee:

HometownGal
01-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Peytoon is a big lovable bumpkin who appears to have a huge heart that isn't plastic. Can't help but like and respect the guy and what he brings to the field and to the game as a whole. If the Colts were playing any other team but the Saints, I'd root for 'em but I've really liked the Saints going back to the Archie Manning and the Aints days and I really want to see them win XLVI.

His brother, on the other hand, comes across to me like a spoiled whimpering simpleton with a big head. I've never liked Baby Eli - though he shares the DNA, he just doesn't seem to be cut from the same cloths as his Dad and brother.

GO SAINTS!

Godfather
01-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Peytoon is a big lovable bumpkin who appears to have a huge heart that isn't plastic. Can't help but like and respect the guy and what he brings to the field and to the game as a whole. If the Colts were playing any other team but the Saints, I'd root for 'em but I've really liked the Saints going back to the Archie Manning and the Aints days and I really want to see them win XLVI.

His brother, on the other hand, comes across to me like a spoiled whimpering simpleton with a big head. I've never liked Baby Eli - though he shares the DNA, he just doesn't seem to be cut from the same cloths as his Dad and brother.

GO SAINTS!

Yeah, but Eli ruined 19-0* and I'll always like him for that :chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-28-2010, 07:33 PM
I am a huge Drew Brees fan. After Katrina, after the hard work so many people from that area have put into rebuilding their lives and their city, they deserve this Super Bowl.

Manning and the Colts have a ring. I like the Colts and I like Manning, but I won't be rooting for this this time.

beSteelmyheart
01-28-2010, 07:37 PM
At least it's pronounced correctly.:toofunny: