PDA

View Full Version : How i think Favre screwed Minnesota

Mags87
01-25-2010, 01:02 AM
well im thrilled that the vikes lost this year. i live on the North Dakota/Minnesota border and ever since he signed with em, all ive heard is how they were winning the Super Bowl this year. worst part was when i was badmouthing em when we won then we went and dropped our 5 in a row and had to hear it as their purple machine rolled on. but here they go with a terrific effort on defense and the best offensive performance i have ever seen with 6 fumbles, 3 lost, and 2 picks.

but i digress from the topic. how i think Favre screwed the Vikes was not with the int at the end of regulation, but with the amazing season he led them too. because of him, they achieved a 12-4 record and a spot in the NFC Championship. why is this bad? because on the way there, Childress received a contract extension :banging: yes, the guy who believed until the day he got Favre that Tarvaris Jackson was the future of this franchise. so hats off to the Vikes, who blew their whole load on one season. good luck finding a QB for the future after you lost your best chance to win your first Super Bowl in the past however many years.

JEFF4i
01-25-2010, 01:09 AM
I still don't get the Childress disrespect. I'd much rather have him than someone like Norv Turner or Wade Phillips, but that's just me.

They'll get a QB, and hopefully he'll lead them to their first SB. But me? I actually kind of like the Vikings.

Mags87
01-25-2010, 01:31 AM
i was rootin for the Vikes last season as they have had a soft spot in my heart until Brett the Jet signed with em. since i live where i do ive been watching the Vikes play for many a year and all of Childress's tenure. and i think his playcalling is just terrible. i remember a few instances specifically: last year i think the vikes were playing the Eagles and they were down in the 4th quarter. it was a 3rd and 2 in an obvious 4 down situation. Childress decides to line up 5 wide with Ferotte as the QB not only on 3rd but also on 4th. needless to say they dont convert. he had the most dynamic RB tandem at his disposal and chose that route. the other one was earlier this year, possibly preseason, they lined up in the wildcat formation with Favre as a receiver. then they ran the ball towards the 40 year old QB, in the infamous crack block. he's not that sharp of a guy and has brought mediocrity to a team with enormous talent. also the whole Tavaris Jackson support thing. they need a better leader.

lionslicer
01-25-2010, 07:07 AM
i was rootin for the Vikes last season as they have had a soft spot in my heart until Brett the Jet signed with em. since i live where i do ive been watching the Vikes play for many a year and all of Childress's tenure. and i think his playcalling is just terrible. i remember a few instances specifically: last year i think the vikes were playing the Eagles and they were down in the 4th quarter. it was a 3rd and 2 in an obvious 4 down situation. Childress decides to line up 5 wide with Ferotte as the QB not only on 3rd but also on 4th. needless to say they dont convert. he had the most dynamic RB tandem at his disposal and chose that route. the other one was earlier this year, possibly preseason, they lined up in the wildcat formation with Favre as a receiver. then they ran the ball towards the 40 year old QB, in the infamous crack block. he's not that sharp of a guy and has brought mediocrity to a team with enormous talent. also the whole Tavaris Jackson support thing. they need a better leader.

Sounds like something Arians would do....

supa_fly_steeler
01-25-2010, 07:18 AM
childress looks like an ape to me

Kanata-Steeler
01-25-2010, 08:15 AM
childress looks like an ape to me

...sry, but don't forget the other monkey in that Game was Fumbleina Peterson.
:banging:

Angus Burgher
01-25-2010, 02:35 PM
I do (sort of) agree that Brett Favre's appearance in Minnesota was a double-edged sword. I guess I respect them for putting all their chips in and going for it, but in a few years, it might be looked back on as a huge gaffe. Because when you have a 40-year-old QB under center, you run the risk of the season imploding at any time.

At least in Green Bay, Favre had a very able backup in Aaron Rodgers. In Minnesota? Yeah, they're screwed. It's kind of like what will likely happen in Arizona if Warner retires. Leinart has proven himself to be quite the underachiever in the NFL. Thus a Super Bowl-caliber team could be reduced to a 7-9 team very quickly.

So, despite the Vikings' regular season turning out great and the team making it to the NFC playoffs, it's debatable whether it could truly be viewed as successful, since this season had a "Super Bowl or Bust" feel to it... even more so than usual.

However, taking into account how well Favre played this year... it is very possible that he could continue to do so next year (if he comes back) and maybe even further out. But that's an uncertainty.

Godfather
01-25-2010, 03:07 PM
The Vikings just need to draft a good QB in April. Then if Brett decides to stay retired, they move on to the next guy. If he unretires they let the rookie sit behind Brett for a year. They win either way...they have a QB for the future and Brett (if he unretires) for 2010.

beSteelmyheart
01-25-2010, 08:45 PM
And once again we are faced with yet another off-season's worth of Favre drama...Will he retire? Will he unretire just before the season starts? Will he not retire at all? What a douchebag-I'm over it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-26-2010, 12:48 AM
But, think of all the purple #4 jerseys that will be at the Salvation Army and clothing the homeless next year............I would say the street people of Minnesota will be the real winners in this.:thumbsup:

SteelersMongol
01-26-2010, 02:39 AM
well im thrilled that the vikes lost this year. i live on the North Dakota/Minnesota border and ever since he signed with em, all ive heard is how they were winning the Super Bowl this year. worst part was when i was badmouthing em when we won then we went and dropped our 5 in a row and had to hear it as their purple machine rolled on. but here they go with a terrific effort on defense and the best offensive performance i have ever seen with 6 fumbles, 3 lost, and 2 picks.

but i digress from the topic. how i think Favre screwed the Vikes was not with the int at the end of regulation, but with the amazing season he led them too. because of him, they achieved a 12-4 record and a spot in the NFC Championship. why is this bad? because on the way there, Childress received a contract extension :banging: yes, the guy who believed until the day he got Favre that Tarvaris Jackson was the future of this franchise. so hats off to the Vikes, who blew their whole load on one season. good luck finding a QB for the future after you lost your best chance to win your first Super Bowl in the past however many years.

Fargo-Moorhead? :chuckle:

2 B fair, it wasn't just because of Favre. But 6 fumbles in 1 game is just way 2 much 2 win anybody.