PDA

View Full Version : Think of the Vikings & Chargers

Acerinox
01-25-2010, 04:37 AM
So the Vikings had their shot, their long-awaited shot.
But precisely the ingredients that got them there, failed them at the last.

And the Chargers had everything at their feet.
And once again, agonisingly, threw it all away with both hands with a massive and utterly predictable CHOKE.

Ladies and Gents - we can't win it all every year. Would you really want to?
But however disappointed you feel - and however much you call for everyone to quit and be cut - just think of following Favre and Rivers, and you'll feel better. I do. :helmet:

stlrtruck
01-25-2010, 09:43 AM

And once again, agonisingly, threw it all away with both hands with a massive and utterly predictable CHOKE.

But however disappointed you feel - and however much you call for everyone to quit and be cut - just think of following Favre and Rivers, and you'll feel better. I do. :helmet:

YES I DO WANT TO WIN IT EVERY YEAR! Sorry, call me selfish or whatever it is, but I would love to see trophy pop up year after year after year until my daughter is graduated college, married, and providing me grand children to whip up into Steelers fans!

As for the chargers and vikings fans, I think it's funny that the individuals they think are going to be their saviors end up being their downfall!

Edman
01-25-2010, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't place all the blame on Favre. The Vikings turtling up on the final drive put Favre in that situation in the first place. Minnesota had the Saints on the ropes and played not to lose instead of going for the kill.

The Chargers...they simply choked. LT disappeared again. Rivers played like crap. Gates dropped passes. More dumb penalties. When the game was wearing on, the Chargers were getting more and more tight around the collar. I predicted they would lose their cool and sure enough, they did.

San Diego will beat up on the AFC West each year and look like the hot pick to win the AFC, but they just do not have the fortitude to win in the playoffs.

SteelGhost
01-25-2010, 10:49 AM

Ehhh.... nope.... Those guys losses can't make me feel better for the Steelers losses to the Bears, Chiefs, Raiders and Browns :horror:

supa_fly_steeler
01-25-2010, 12:12 PM

the chargers arn't chokers, they dont know what it takes to win a bowl.

stlrtruck
01-25-2010, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't place all the blame on Favre. The Vikings turtling up on the final drive put Favre in that situation in the first place. Minnesota had the Saints on the ropes and played not to lose instead of going for the kill.

The Chargers...they simply choked. LT disappeared again. Rivers played like crap. Gates dropped passes. More dumb penalties. When the game was wearing on, the Chargers were getting more and more tight around the collar. I predicted they would lose their cool and sure enough, they did.

San Diego will beat up on the AFC West each year and look like the hot pick to win the AFC, but they just do not have the fortitude to win in the playoffs.

I don't think it was the collar getting tighter. Try a little farther south and on the back side - that's what got tighter! :toofunny: :rofl:

DoubleYoi
01-25-2010, 02:50 PM

Can't say this really makes me feel better at all. The ONLY thing that makes me feel a little better is the fact that we won the Super Bowl last year. The 6-10 '99 season was much more dismal than this year as there were almost no high points or silver linings. Having won the SB last year makes a 9-7 season a little more bearable than other playoff misses.

Fire Haley
01-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Vikings: No team has more AFC/NFC Championship game appearances without a single Super Bowl title.

Imagine the suck of being a Vikes fan today.

Tone's Toes
01-25-2010, 05:12 PM
I can't imagine being a Vikes fan. They've been to 4 Super Bowls and lost them all. They've had some seasons when they probably were the most talented team in the league and yet they never get over the hump and win it all.

Edman
01-25-2010, 06:17 PM
The Vikes haven't been to a Super Bowl since 1976. Despite fielding some mighty talented teams since then. The 1998 team immediately comes to mind.

The franchise is just snakebitten is all. Even worse than the Bills, but nowhere near as bad as Cleveland. Cleveland has never SNIFFED a Super Bowl. They only thing they've been sniffing was the stench of failure, and their own butts.