PDA

View Full Version : Colts vs Saints - SuperBowl XLIV

Pages : 1 [2]

steelax04
02-08-2010, 10:21 AM
So does a balanced offense. You do realize that the Saints were 6th in the league this year in rushing yards?

:coffee:

I would hardly call the Saints offense in last night's game balanced...

Shoes
02-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Congrats to the Saints. I'm very happy for Drew Brees, don't think there's a nicer guy in the NFL

memphissteelergirl
02-08-2010, 11:15 AM
The New Orleans Saints - the other black 'n gold champions. :thumbsup:

Hear, here!!

:drink:

zulater
02-08-2010, 11:38 AM
I would hardly call the Saints offense in last night's game balanced...

Last night, no. But in putting together a defensive game plan for the game you don't think that the Colts had to spend a good amount of time and practice reps devising ways to keep the Saints ground game neutralized?

I always love it when the Steelers play against one dimensional offenses. I know if LeBeau has only one thing to concentrate his worries on the Steelers will win almost every time.

Fire Haley
02-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Can you imagine how the Bolts fans feel now?

I loved it that Brees got his SB before Rivers. Manning's choker legacy is intact, and Mark Brunell got his SB ring before the Jags - that's cool.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
I loved it that Brees got his SB before Rivers. Manning's choker legacy is intact, and Mark Brunell got his SB ring before the Jags - that's cool.

I never understand the "choker legacy". :confused:

If Reggie Wayne actually runs the in and cuts off the DB instead of standing still, there is NO INT and its probably another great SB finish. I think if you believe Manning is a choker, then you are probably a hater.

IMO, Manning suffered the same problems as Marino did in a pass heavy offense that could not establish the running game in January's. Still one of the great QB's and unlike many (Marino, Kelly, Moon, Tarkenton) he got his ring.

steelerdude15
02-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Wow Bourbon Street was wild last night. I was at Pitt campus for the Steelers and Pens Championships which were wild to say the least, but they are surely still partying and will all week long!
They'll be partying for a full month haha. :drinkup:

supa_fly_steeler
02-08-2010, 02:21 PM
How bad where the who, i muted them and read a magazine lmao.

the guy singing was so rubbish

supa_fly_steeler
02-08-2010, 02:22 PM

If Reggie Wayne actually runs the in and cuts off the DB instead of standing still, there is NO INT and its probably another great SB finish. I think if you believe Manning is a choker, then you are probably a hater.

IMO, Manning suffered the same problems as Marino did in a pass heavy offense that could not establish the running game in January's. Still one of the great QB's and unlike many (Marino, Kelly, Moon, Tarkenton) he got his ring.

that interception will be remembered as mannings throw not reggies lazyness because the quarterbacks get the most heat especially manning

~ supa

stlrtruck
02-08-2010, 02:33 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought Reggie Wayne slacked on his route. It looked like he was expecting the pass to go the other way and was lazy in completing the route.

I agree with you, if he actually runs the route - worse case scenario would have been an incomplete pass.

AllD
02-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Jambalaya.

Indo
02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Jambalaya.

Crawfish pie

me-o
my-o

Dino 6 Rings
02-08-2010, 05:50 PM

The Legacy goes back to his days at Tennessee when he couldn't beat Spurrier's Florida team, and I'm pretty sure he came back his Senior Year just to get the chance to beat Florida and lost again.

Then the following year, Tennessee with Tee Martin went on to win the National Title.

That is where the "choker legacy" started and losing at home to the Steelers, losing the Pats in AFC Title games, losing to the Chargers twice now in the playoffs, is where the Choker label gets its staying power. Oh, and losing in the Super Bowl doesn't help.

I dont think he's a choker personally, I just don't think he's a "Winner"

fansince'76
02-08-2010, 06:18 PM
How bad where the who, i muted them and read a magazine lmao.

the guy singing was so rubbish

Roger's pipes are shot and Pete can barely move anymore. They've become a bad parody of themselves, unfortunately. Do they really need the money that badly?

Fire Haley
02-08-2010, 06:59 PM
I never understand the "choker legacy".

Peyton is now 9-9 in post season play. You know, the big games.

So he's a .500 QB in the playoffs?

phfftp

he's average

Give me Ben

Venom
02-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Brees went in the postseason with 8 TD passes with O Int's . The Dolphins must be very happy that they passed up on Drew Brees ( after the shoulder injury ) and signed the great Dante Culpepper . Zzzzzzzzz

AllD
02-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Brees went in the postseason with 8 TD passes with O Int's . The Dolphins must be very happy that they passed up on Drew Brees ( after the shoulder injury ) and signed the great Dante Culpepper . Zzzzzzzzz

That has been all over the local paper. First, Wannstedt passed on him in the draft and then "Lying Nick Saban" passed on him "as strictly a medical condition" and passed on the trade with the Chargers. The Dolphins curse ended when Huizinga had to sell the team so he could raise cash because real estate blew up down here. Now this victory is evident on how effed up things were in Miami.

New Orleans beat everybody this season including the Pats in the regular season, the Vikings, the Cards, and the Colts. They deserve to be world champions.

Manning choked as I predicted it in another thread just as reiterated above. They beat the Bears by running despite him much as Roethisberger got the victory in XL. However, BB made a huge play to redeem himself in XLIII.

The Colts got out coached and out played. Addai was really the only consistant player they had.

Venom
02-08-2010, 08:16 PM
This SuperBowl was the most watched television program in history even beating out the finale of M*A*S*H . The news stated that it was like 106 Million people. The game just barely beat the ratings for SuperBowl XXX between the Cowboys vs the Steelers. Whats funny is that Phil Simms did both games. Phil Simms did SuperBowl XXX with Dick Enberg and Paul Maguire for NBC .

Venom
02-08-2010, 08:17 PM
No Perfect season + No Ring = The Colts

Venom
02-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Dont mention Sabans name here . Im still pissed that he won the National Championship with Alabama . ^&%$^(*%#^