PDA

View Full Version : Colts vs Saints - SuperBowl XLIV

Pages : [1] 2

Venom
01-25-2010, 09:08 AM
,,,,,,and I couldn't be happier ( would be if the Steelers was in it ) . Living in New York and listening to these Jets fans in person and on sports radio was horrible. They thought they were the best team ,,,,,,,EVER !!!!! Nevertheless I would love to see the Saints take it all . .

Saints 37
Colts 27 :tt04::tt02::tt:

stlrtruck
01-25-2010, 09:36 AM
,,,,,,and I couldn't be happier ( would be if the Steelers was in it ) . Living in New York and listening to these Jets fans in person and on sports radio was horrible. They thought they were the best team ,,,,,,,EVER !!!!! Nevertheless I would love to see the Saints take it all . .

Saints 37

I'm with you!

Geaux Saints!

Venom
01-25-2010, 11:45 AM
I was just looking at our schedule next year . We play at New Orleans in 2010 . Should the Saints win , who knows, opening Thursday Night game can be Steelers at Saints !!!

Saints 37
Colts 27

supa_fly_steeler
01-25-2010, 12:00 PM
I was just looking at our schedule next year . We play at New Orleans in 2010 . Should the Saints win , who knows, opening Thursday Night game can be Steelers at Saints !!!

Saints 37
Colts 27

i doubt it probably they will play atlanta i heard :P.

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Last time Manning was in the SB, his defense won him the game against the ineffective offense of the Bears. I like Manning to step up this year and have a huge game against a suspect New Orleans defense. The Vikings put nearly 500 yards up on them.

Colts 37 Saints 20.

Venom
01-25-2010, 02:15 PM
I was looking at who did better on their bye week. I saw that when the Saints had their bye week , they then played the Giants ( when they were good ) and crushed them . When the Colts had their bye week , they then beat the lonely Rams and then had a hard time beating the 49ers at home. I sure hope the Saints win it all .

Saints 37
Colts 27

JPPT1974
01-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Really am torn between who to root for. As Saints are trying to rebuild after Katrina as this is what they and their fans need the most.

Godfather
01-25-2010, 03:31 PM

Saints 37
Colts 27

I've been waiting for that game since 2002 when I went to the Dome.

Now I might as well try to catch us against the Texans. The Saints have a long waiting list for season tickets--I ain't getting into the Dome this time.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
01-25-2010, 03:37 PM
I've been waiting for that game since 2002 when I went to the Dome.

Now I might as well try to catch us against the Texans. The Saints have a long waiting list for season tickets--I ain't getting into the Dome this time.

I'll probably scalp a ticket to see the Steelers in N.O. next season. Most of my friends who I grew up with in Meridian, Mississippi, are Saints fans, so this is a fun rivalry for me.

As for the Super Bowl, I think the Colts will win because Manning & Co. don't turn the ball over like the Vikings did against the Saints. The Saints' defense thrives on the big play and if they can't force the Colts into a few turnovers, Indy will score a lot of points.

NJarhead
01-25-2010, 03:41 PM

Saints 37

Tell me about it. It was MUCH more quiet at work today than it was on Friday. :chuckle:

lionslicer
01-25-2010, 03:48 PM
I have a feeling this could be a blow out. Colts have a high powered offense, but if Peyton is beat up he wont do well. Those years he lost to the Patriots, they pulled a lot of what the Saints did yesterday against Favre. Just hit the quarterback as much as possible. Manning isn't as tough as Favre, he can't take a beating... 34-21 Saints

Venom
01-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Your right . If the Saints hit Manning like the way they hit Favre yesterday , it could be a long day for the Colts.

AllD
01-25-2010, 04:46 PM
I have a feeling this could be a blow out. Colts have a high powered offense, but if Peyton is beat up he wont do well. Those years he lost to the Patriots, they pulled a lot of what the Saints did yesterday against Favre. Just hit the quarterback as much as possible. Manning isn't as tough as Favre, he can't take a beating... 34-21 Saints

Manning doesn't take hits. If he sees a sack coming he just dives for the turf, but you can't throw off your butt.

Saints have to put Manning down in order to win. The Colts have the benefit of experience. The Saints have the advantage of playing tough games ala 2005 Steelers, therefore they should have more resolve.

It snows in Miami in an upset as the Saints go marching in and Manning chokes again-
Saints 31
Colts 27

Indo
01-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Mardi Gras is Coming early this year!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0wAMr3V5lN4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0wAMr3V5lN4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lionslicer
01-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Manning doesn't take hits. If he sees a sack coming he just dives for the turf, but you can't throw off your butt.

Saints have to put Manning down in order to win. The Colts have the benefit of experience. The Saints have the advantage of playing tough games ala 2005 Steelers, therefore they should have more resolve.

It snows in Miami in an upset as the Saints go marching in and Manning chokes again-
Saints 31
Colts 27

You're right, he doesn't take hits, but did you see how many shots Favre took from behind? he handed the ball off atleast 5 times, and a saints player whammed him from behind and he was on the ground, I can see a lot of that on Manning.

curtains4u
01-25-2010, 06:48 PM
You're right, he doesn't take hits, but did you see how many shots Favre took from behind? he handed the ball off atleast 5 times, and a saints player whammed him from behind and he was on the ground, I can see a lot of that on Manning.

yeah the Saints were a little dirty against Favre. I'll be rooting for them anyway, sick of the Manning machine!!!

Kanata-Steeler
01-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I'll be rooting for the Saints, but every time I try to convince myself that they would actually win ?, then that's when reality says: "YOU FOOL ! have another beer". ok, thx.
:)

Anyway, Here's to hopefully a Great Game (with no stupid turnovers').

Northside Jonny
01-26-2010, 06:55 PM
I think this game will definantly be a shootout . I know that the Colts haven't given up much but they really haven't played a prolific O in the playoffs yet. One thing the Jets showed is that the Colts can be had deep. Long as the Saints can hold up on the line and not turn the ball over of course. I honestly think they have enough weapons to win a shootout with the God of all QB's (sarcasm). My heart lies with the city of Pittsburgh and the Steelers, but for one game Go Saints Go Saints Go Saints!!!

Saints 38
Colts 28

steelpride12
01-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Well im a huge homer and can't ever root for another team, but I feel bad for the Saint's not having any SB and the whole city not being know for any championships and after Katrina is more deserved as anything.
A great match up between two high powered offense I hope this is a shootout to the end.
Saints-45
Colts-42

Dino 6 Rings
01-27-2010, 12:26 PM
I want the better team to win, so Go Colts

Saints got lucky, and were gift wrapped the NFC Title game with shady spots, bad penalties and pure luck.

Colts 37
Saints 24

and it won't be that close, Saints score late to make it look better. Manning is going to shred their defense and the "never been there" Saints are going to choke and stumble into a bad loss for the city.

Dino 6 Rings
01-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Plus for all that "who dat" crap they talk and all that "great for the city" nonsense, they are a Bunch of Cheap Shot Artists that took late hits on both Warner and Favre to try and intentionally hurt the QBs of the other team.

Screw them, hope they get beat by 50. But they won't, 13 point win for the Colts, and we'll know who the winner is by the end of the 3rd after Manning gets the ball in the 3rd Qrt and picks apart their secondary like a starving homeless man picks apart a turkey he pulls from the trash can.

fansince'76
01-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Plus for all that "who dat" crap they talk and all that "great for the city" nonsense, they are a Bunch of Cheap Shot Artists that took late hits on both Warner and Favre to try and intentionally hurt the QBs of the other team.

Surprising you would say that, considering how much whining and crying we've had to endure from other teams' (mostly blubbering manginas) fans due to Ward's and Clark's styles of play.

Dino 6 Rings
01-27-2010, 12:34 PM
How many personal fouls were called on the Saints again? 3 in the first half?

They are cheapshot mother effers and I hope they get smoked in the SB and eveyone who buys the Who Dat nonsense can see them for the city of losers they really are.

Clark hits hard, but its clean, Hines hits hard, and its usually clean (but come on, he does lay people out when they aren't expecting it, we love him for it) but the Saints were hitting late, head hunting and hitting low and did it to Warner as well as Favre.

Northside Jonny
01-27-2010, 07:53 PM
How many personal fouls were called on the Saints again? 3 in the first half?

They are cheapshot mother effers and I hope they get smoked in the SB and eveyone who buys the Who Dat nonsense can see them for the city of losers they really are.

Clark hits hard, but its clean, Hines hits hard, and its usually clean (but come on, he does lay people out when they aren't expecting it, we love him for it) but the Saints were hitting late, head hunting and hitting low and did it to Warner as well as Favre.

Head on a swivel ! HEAD ON A SWIVEL!!!:shout:

Dino 6 Rings
01-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Head on a swivel ! HEAD ON A SWIVEL!!!:shout:

LOL

Its all good, the better team will win the Super Bowl, I'm convinced that will be the Colts by 13 points. I have 37 -24 Colts win and we know it by they end of the 3rd.

Gnutella
01-28-2010, 11:42 AM
I don't want the Colts tying us for Super Bowl championships in a decade.

Venom
01-29-2010, 08:34 AM
On a radio interview yesterday , Def. Coord Williams of the New Orleans Saints said that he will have his guys hit Peyton hard and hopefully he doesn't get up. Thats all you need is to get Peyton upset. Nevertheless , Ill keep the same prediction :

Saints 37
Colts 27

SteelMember
01-29-2010, 11:54 AM
I want the better team to win, so Go Colts

Saints got lucky, and were gift wrapped the NFC Title game with shady spots, bad penalties and pure luck.

Colts 37
Saints 24

and it won't be that close, Saints score late to make it look better. Manning is going to shred their defense and the "never been there" Saints are going to choke and stumble into a bad loss for the city.

BUT, are you willing to change your signature win a Colts win?

Deep down, you don't want them to get another one. :chuckle:

BrandonCarr39
01-31-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm rooting for the Saints, but I think the Colts will take this one - if Gregg Williams goes blitz happy, Manning and the Colts O will eat them up. And the Colts aren't exactly known for fumbling away the football either(otherwise, the Vikings would have easily won last week's game). Plus Manning never has problems against 4-3 blitzing teams(it's the 3-4 ones that give him fits).

Also - Freeney/Mathis are bad matchups for the Saints OTs, which are backups, at best.

Although - 1) I don't think Brees will have an off game like he did last week-he was hardly pressured, but despite wide open receivers, his throws were high and off, I don't think it will happen coming off the bye week, and 2) Peyton's heart COULD be with New Orleans(his birthplace), so it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't come out with much passion.

Venom
02-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Looks like Freeney could be out for the Colts . I few more seconds in the pocket for Brees could be BIG !!

Saints 37
Colts 27

BrandonCarr39
02-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Looks like Freeney could be out for the Colts . I few more seconds in the pocket for Brees could be BIG !!

Saints 37
Colts 27

Yeah - we saw him hobbling off the field at the end of the AFCCG last week, but how the heck did it take OVER A WEEK to diagnose his torn ligaments? I would have thought the MRI results would have taken 1 day(at most)?

Shea
02-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Yep, Freeney looks like he might be screwed for the SB and I believe Sanders is injured as well.

That bodes well for the Saints. The two playmakers on the defense they'll be facing might be out.

Reminds me of losing Aaron and Troy. When you lose your two best players on either side of the ball then the team you're playing against is going to greatly benefit because of it.

BrandonCarr39
02-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Yep, Freeney looks like he might be screwed for the SB and I believe Sanders is injured as well.

That bodes well for the Saints. The two playmakers on the defense they'll be facing might be out.

Reminds me of losing Aaron and Troy. When you lose your two best players on either side of the ball then the team you're playing against is going to greatly benefit because of it.

The Colts have survived key injuries all year - but they were mostly in their defensive backfield.

Ultimately, it all starts in the trenches, where their front 4 et al have been healthy all year - when Freeney and Mathis terrorize QBs, it sets the tone for their D.

Remember 2 years ago when Freeney got hurt mid season, he was sorely missed in that Chargers playoff game when they couldn't even get a pass rush against their backup QB.

HometownGal
02-03-2010, 09:28 AM

Saints 37
Colts 27

With or without Freeney in the lineup, I believe the Saints will win XLVI, but him sitting out sure won't hurt Brees & Co. :thumbsup:

steelpride12
02-03-2010, 09:36 AM
The Saints should be win this game. Any free time Bree's will gain in the pocket will be huge, and with Freeney out of the line for sure it could be a long night for the Colt's defense.

I want the Saints to win just for that City with 0 sports championships and after Katrina could use something to hang their hat's on. I feel the Saints also have the better defense to stop Manning and Sharper is always looking for more INT's.

revefsreleets
02-03-2010, 12:26 PM
This is easy for me:

Saints O>>>Colts O
Saints D>>>Colts D

Saints by 10-14....

lionslicer
02-03-2010, 03:02 PM
This is easy for me:

Saints O>>>Colts O
Saints D>>>Colts D

Saints by 10-14....

You do relize the saints defense was one of the worst in the league ranking 25th.. Colts were a little better ranking 18th.

Franco32Harris
02-03-2010, 04:55 PM
I came across an interesting prediction today.

EA simulated the Superbowl in madden and the Saints won 35-31.

Last year EA simulated the Superbowl and predicted the Steelers to win 28-24 with the actual score being 27-23.

EA has also been correct the last 5 out of 6 years they have done this.

Hopefully the Saints win...just my two cents.

Shea
02-03-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm finally starting to get a bit amped about this SB.

It's an interesting match-up and should make for a great game. Atleast I hope so - definitely don't want it to turn into a dud of a game due to someone blowing out the other, unless of course it's the Saints.

I'm looking forward to Sunday - should be fun! :tt03:

Psyychoward86
02-03-2010, 10:56 PM
My prediction was about level to the new Madden prediction. (Madden simulator has predicted the last 5 of 6 superbowl winners, the one miss was the Giants/Patriots Superbowl).

34-31 Saints

Venom
02-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Earlier in this board , I said Saints over the Colts 37-27 . Pretty close I guess

revefsreleets
02-04-2010, 11:59 AM
You do relize the saints defense was one of the worst in the league ranking 25th.. Colts were a little better ranking 18th.

Did you watch the two teams in the playoffs by any chance? The Colts faced a badly overrated Rats, then a running Jets team. The Saints faced MUCH stiffer offensive competition, and the big difference for me was how they basically blew out Arizona.

I don't care what they did during the year, I'm talking about how they are playing now.

lionslicer
02-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Did you watch the two teams in the playoffs by any chance? The Colts faced a badly overrated Rats, then a running Jets team. The Saints faced MUCH stiffer offensive competition, and the big difference for me was how they basically blew out Arizona.

I don't care what they did during the year, I'm talking about how they are playing now.

Colts defense is better than the Saints defense in the playoffs, its a fact look it up.
Colts 5
Saints 9

Saints also were destroyed by the Vikings, the only reason they won is because the vikings have 5 fumbles, 3 of which weren't caused by the defense, just really stupid ball handling skills....
Arizona isnt' a great offense, they had so many games this year where their offense just plane stunk. Most of their wins came against bad teams. Only real team they beat was the Vikings.
Colts struggled against the Jets in one quarter, the rest of the game they dominated the Jets on defense and shut them out for 3 quarters.
They only let 3 points against the Ravens, only allowed 67 rushing yards and held Flacco from scoring when it mattered.

Bam, get your facts straight.

Venom
02-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Also , do you see the Colts turning it over 5 times ? I dont . But Im still betting with my heart and going with the Saints

revefsreleets
02-05-2010, 11:31 AM
I was COMPLETELY underwhelmed by the Colts defense. They played nobody in the playoffs. In fact, the may have had the easiest path to the Championship game in the modern history of the NFL. They beat two 9-7 teams with anemic offenses, one of which had absolutely no business even being IN the playoffs in the first place.

Bam that....

SteelMember
02-05-2010, 11:55 AM
They beat two 9-7 teams with anemic offenses, one of which had absolutely no business even being IN the playoffs in the first place.

And that is the luxury of being the #1 seed.

http://www.celebchefs.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/bam.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/menphoto/SFEzkiBq_1I/AAAAAAAAAV4/sOds7cnKHCs/s800/Bam_Margera080612005.jpg

http://www.catshoes.com/Tubes/Cartoons/bambam003.gif

:chuckle:

someone had to do it. :hunch:

supa_fly_steeler
02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
C-COUNT
O-ON
L-LOSING
T-THE
S-SUPERBOWL

revefsreleets
02-05-2010, 02:27 PM
The Saints also had the first rd bye and homefield. They didn't have the toughest of draws in history, but they didn't have the easiest, either.

I'm sorry, but the 10-6 Cards and the 12-4 Vikings are >>>>to the 9-7 Jets and Rats.

SteelMember
02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
The Saints also had the first rd bye and homefield. They didn't have the toughest of draws in history, but they didn't have the easiest, either.

I'm sorry, but the 10-6 Cards and the 12-4 Vikings are >>>>to the 9-7 Jets and Rats.
You just made it sound like the Colts had it too easy, but it was their regular season that put them in the position to begin with. They just played the hand they were delt.

Granted. Beating the #2 and #4 seeds should be tougher, and more impressive then beating the #5 and #6. Having upsets of Cincinnati, New England and San Diego made it easier for the Colts, but that wasn't their fault those other teams didn't show up. Yes, it definately watered down the competition, but most folks wanted those teams to lose anyway. So maybe this "lack of competition" in the playoffs will hurt them in the end. Geaux Saints!

lionslicer
02-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I was COMPLETELY underwhelmed by the Colts defense. They played nobody in the playoffs. In fact, the may have had the easiest path to the Championship game in the modern history of the NFL. They beat two 9-7 teams with anemic offenses, one of which had absolutely no business even being IN the playoffs in the first place.

Bam that....

Jets and Ravens by far aren't teams that didn't deserve tobe in the playoffs... There have been way worse teams who somehow stumbled in the playoffs.
You just said you don't care what teams do in the regular season, then you say their 9-7 records and what they did in the regular season matter?

Someones a contradicting themselves..

The 2002 Jets, who were 9-7 and actually shut out Peyton manning in the Wildcard 41-0...
2002 Browns? they weren't good, but they put up a hell of a game against the Steelers in the playoffs if anyone remembers that... Playoffs and Regular season are different things, saying a 9-7 team didn't deserve to be the playoffs after fighting a whole season is like saying Hitler was a good man.

BrandonCarr39
02-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Jets and Ravens by far aren't teams that didn't deserve tobe in the playoffs... There have been way worse teams who somehow stumbled in the playoffs.
You just said you don't care what teams do in the regular season, then you say their 9-7 records and what they did in the regular season matter?

The 2002 Jets, who were 9-7 and actually shut out Peyton manning in the Wildcard 41-0...
2002 Browns? they weren't good, but they put up a hell of a game against the Steelers in the playoffs if anyone remembers that... Playoffs and Regular season are different things, saying a 9-7 team didn't deserve to be the playoffs after fighting a whole season is like saying Hitler was a good man.

And for that matter too - the Chargers weren't nearly as good as their 13-3 record indicated. They were playing with a 4th string DT, they had no running game, and their pass rush was anemic. They just happened to beat a bunch of bad/slumping teams throughout that 11 game win streak(i.e. the Giants beat themselves, the Cowboys went on that run after they lost to them, the Broncos weren't the same team they played in their first meeting, etc).

I DOUBT if the Chargers would have beaten Indy if they hadn't choked against the Jets - this isn't the same D that gave Manning and the Colts O fits in the past.

The Ravens have a very, very good running game - but the Colts shut it down real good, which was no small feat. Ray Rice's name was hardly mentioned, it seemed, in that game.

And don't discount the Saints D - they are back to their ball-hawking ways that just disappeared in the final stretch of the season. Forcing all those TOs against the Vikings was a big accomplishment on their part.

revefsreleets
02-05-2010, 10:28 PM

Well, YOU were the one quoting back to me all their regular season stats!

Anyway, the Jets at least had a winning streak going. The Rats backed in. Neither team was worth a bucket of warm piss. Saints win by at least 10, and their defense will be the difference.

BrandonCarr39
02-05-2010, 11:21 PM

Anyway, the Jets at least had a winning streak going. The Rats backed in. Neither team was worth a bucket of warm piss. Saints win by at least 10, and their defense will be the difference.

Either way, alot of myths were debunked in this year's playoffs...

1) Teams that got hot at the right time would at least come close to winning it all(i.e. Dallas and San Diego crapped out badly in their divisonal round games, and New England, Philadelphia, Green Bay went 1 and done).

2) Defense wins championships(the top notch Dallas, San Diego, and Green Bay defenses all played poorly in their playoff losses).

3) Teams that played poorly late in the season would go 1 and done in the playoffs(i.e. Saints are in the Super Bowl, Minny was a few plays away from being in the Super Bowl).

4) Teams that got too much REST at the end of the year would go 1 and done(i.e. Indy is in the Super Bowl).

Venom
02-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Did anyone out there hear any trash talking besides of the Def. Coord. of the Saints ?

BrandonCarr39
02-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Did anyone out there hear any trash talking besides of the Def. Coord. of the Saints ?

In all fairness, that writer took Williams' comments way out of context - typical bad journalism to get their audience abuzzing and the media ratings hovering.

No - not surprised, as neither team has never been prone to talk much.

BB material is overrated anyways - the minute kickoff happens, everyone is focused on the game, and forgets about everyhing that happened 2 weeks of pre-SB hoopla.

tony hipchest
02-07-2010, 12:24 AM
this superbowl is almost harder to call than the saints vs. vikings, or cardinals vs. packers in the playoffs.

which means we will see the first SB go into overtime. i cant wait.

i havent ever anticipated any non-steelers SB more than this one. maybe bills-giants and colts-bears were in the neighborhood.

Texasteel
02-07-2010, 04:39 AM
Still pulling for the Saints. Not sure the Colt secondary can stand up to the same pressure that they like to put on other teams.

Nadroj 20
02-07-2010, 12:47 PM
I hope we see a good game tonight, i actually think it will be a pretty good game, so i think itll stay close the whole game with the Saints pulling away with a game winnning TD pass from Brees to Colston with under 15 seconds!

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
02-07-2010, 01:16 PM
I realize that I'm probably in minority, but I'm for the Colts in this game. Since I'm from the deep South, I've had my fill of this Who Dat crap over the last few weeks. There's nothing trashier and more obnoxious than Saints fans (well, maybe the Philly fans).

tony hipchest
02-07-2010, 02:05 PM
im freaking sick of the WHO DAT chant. not because, it isnt theirs, or i dislike them, but it reminds me of dumb assed bungle fans.

completely sick of it. :banging:

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I think that the Saints can pull it off. It should be a good game, but I am all for the Saints having a big win.

Carolina Steelers
02-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm also looking forward to a non Steelers Super Bowl. I think this game could get out of hand if the Colts start off slow they started off slow against the Jets and had to come back plus like half of their games this yr they had to come back late to win. This Saints team can be explosive. I pick the Saints in a close one.

fansince'76
02-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm also looking forward to a non Steelers Super Bowl.

I agree to the extent that I won't be a nervous wreck the entire game like I would be if the Steelers were playing. As I don't have a real dislike for either team, I won't really mind if either one wins (but I'd prefer a Saints win as they've never been here, much less won it).

Venom
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
It is a very relaxing Sunday so far . Went to Target and bought some luggage for an upcoming vacation and now home about to play some Nintendo Wii with my son . That should lead us right into 6:00pm . Hopefully next year I can be more nervous .

Nadroj 20
02-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Just saw on ESPN bottom line BRAKING NEWS Dwight Freeny will play tonight....idk how much of an impact he can make with that ankle but hes playing.

Venom
02-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Maybe just the threat of him on the D-Line could impact the game, who knows.

Venom
02-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Great weather tonight compared from the last time the Colts played in the SuperBowl. Go SAINTS !!

Mordax
02-07-2010, 06:22 PM
if anyone has a working web stream, could you PM the link to me? thanks

Pittsburghfan
02-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Hey guys, long time no see. Anyway I am here to watch the Superbowl with you guys tonight. It's a shame our Steelers couldn't be in it.

SteelerNation12
02-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Why does Carrie Underwood have to be taken :'(

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I just hope this is a good SB, that's all I asked for.

Nadroj 20
02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Saints get ball first and will strike first! lol

stillers4me
02-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Sorry Carrie Underwood fans...but she was really bad.

Can I have a dollar, starting right now, for every time they say "Peyton Manning." ??

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Let's go Saints!!!!

Atranox
02-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Uh oh, the Saints passed on 3rd & 2 and didn't make it. They had better start looking for a new coordinator!

Nadroj 20
02-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Its kinda looking easy for the Colts so far...

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Its kinda looking easy for the Colts so far...

They look to be having a great start.

Nadroj 20
02-07-2010, 06:42 PM
I would say the saints have to be happy holding them to 3 after the way the drive started.

supa_fly_steeler
02-07-2010, 06:48 PM
It's going to be a long day for the Saints.... lol

T&B fan
02-07-2010, 07:02 PM
look at that running the ball with passing gets you in the end zone

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Wow 10 - 0 at the end of the first.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 07:07 PM
These Budlight and Doritos commercials are so stupid.

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Well at least the Saints are on the board now.

Venom
02-07-2010, 07:18 PM
We got a game ? Colts 10-3

Venom
02-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Whatever happened to those Bud Light vs Bud football game commercials ? lol

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 07:22 PM
That Farve commercial was funny!!!!

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 07:24 PM
These are probably the worse commercials I've ever seen.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 07:25 PM
That was a nice throw... too bad it was in your hands my man.

Venom
02-07-2010, 07:37 PM
When is it casual day for this site ? lol

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Oh - they should have kicked the ball - ugh!!! Ugly.

T&B fan
02-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Troy rules commercials .

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Well, we have a good game going into the half - still anyone's game.

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Troy rules commercials .

I agree!!!:thumbsup:

supa_fly_steeler
02-07-2010, 07:54 PM
lol sean payton is a jerk dialing up those stupid ass plays, the colts have a fast defense run it up the gut that idiot.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 07:57 PM
It's been an alright first half, the Polamalu commercial has been the best one yet. Peyton had a beauty of a pass for a TD.

Nadroj 20
02-07-2010, 07:58 PM
lol sean payton is a jerk dialing up those stupid ass plays, the colts have a fast defense run it up the gut that idiot.

That "idiot" has his team in the superbowl....:noidea:

I think hes fine...

supa_fly_steeler
02-07-2010, 07:59 PM
That "idiot" has his team in the superbowl....:noidea:

I think hes fine...

yea but you cant run to the outside of the colts, they been so fast. :tt04::tt04:

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 08:06 PM
The Colts D is pretty strong. So are the Saints D though.

AllD
02-07-2010, 08:08 PM
No 100-yard interception return for TD as the first half closes. Hopefully the second half will have something better than a game of field position.

If you bet the under you should win.

And Pete Townsend is mixed way in the background. They are playing to a track.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 08:11 PM
No 100-yard interception return for TD as the first half closes.

Very true, so far this has been an ok super bowl.

SteelerNation12
02-07-2010, 08:14 PM
If Bell didn't slip on that 3rd down play it was a TD. You can't keep running it up the guy, it won't work they wont be off balance then. Payton isn't an idiot or his offense wouldn't be so good and his team wouldn't be playing today.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 08:14 PM
The Who was alright, Brucie was better last year. Is it me or does it seem that this SB doesn't have that much fire in it this year.

stillers4me
02-07-2010, 08:15 PM
And the Who showed the kids what real rock and roll is!!!!!!

T&B fan
02-07-2010, 08:15 PM
the Who did ok for the half time show , just don't have the voice 's that they had . but still a very nice show

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 08:19 PM
That was a cool Lancer Commercial.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 08:22 PM
First SB brawl anyone?

Polamalu Princess
And the Who showed the kids what real rock and roll is!!!!!!
I loved it!!!

SteelerNation12
Way to start off the 2nd half. Saints player needs to be ejected for his actions.

SH-Rock
02-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Good Job Saints, You didn't pull a Tomlin
Joke

Polamalu Princess
This is the way to play a Super Bowl!!!

HometownGal
Here come the Saints! :hope: :banana:

Everyone enjoying the game thus far?

steelerdude15
watch that be the momentum changer.

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 08:26 PM
The Saints are looking good this drive - let's play some ball!!!!!

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 08:27 PM

Yes - glad to "see" you here!!!!

HometownGal
TOUCHDOWN SAINTS!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Polamalu Princess
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TD Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 08:29 PM
btw - I thought Carrie Underwood was kind of off key singing the National Anthem - not her usually good performance. The Who was good, imho - one of my favorite all time groups so I'm a tad biased. :chuckle:

SH-Rock
The Who Supercharged Who Dat Nation

Nadroj 20

Hey HTG, yep so far the game is pretty good and glad to see the saints take the lead :thumbsup:

AllD
02-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Tomlin called the same onside kick this season, but we muffed it. Pierre Thomas pointing his finger "#1" into the air like Lynn Swann is a little premature.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 08:32 PM
More fights... Goodell how come your not complaining and throwing fines yet?

AllD
02-07-2010, 08:32 PM
All the Saints need is a turnover.

AllD
02-07-2010, 08:33 PM
More fights... Goodell how come your not complaining and throwing fines yet?

Because it's the Colts and Saints, not the Steelers and Rats or anybody against the Pats.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 08:34 PM
And Peyton begins the march.

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Great play by Shenley there. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 08:37 PM
These are 2 teams who definitely belong in the Super Bowl this season, no doubt about it. I think this one is going to go down to the last minute of play.

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 08:38 PM
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nadroj 20
02-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Addai is having himself a good game.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 08:39 PM
These are 2 teams who definitely belong in the Super Bowl this season, no doubt about it. I think this one is going to go down to the last minute of play.
I agree.

urgle burgle
Because it's the Colts and Saints, not the Steelers and Rats or anybody against the Pats.

very cool.......like a little haiku....:applaudit:

steelerdude15
It's a SHAGON WAGON!!!!

T&B fan
02-07-2010, 08:42 PM
thats 2x tonight passing and running gets colts in the end zone ...

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 08:43 PM
milk a what?

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 08:45 PM
has anyone else heard the rumors that Bush is going to be dropped by the Saints?

urgle burgle
02-07-2010, 08:47 PM
yeah...heard that the other day....espn was yaking about it

Nadroj 20
02-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Hartley for MVP! lol

steelerdude15
That was a nice kick.

HometownGal
YES!!! :applaudit: 17-16 Colts with lots of time left. This is an excellent game. :thumbsup:

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 08:50 PM
I bet if the Saints win the SB, they won't let him go.

Nadroj 20
02-07-2010, 08:52 PM
If they do let Bush go how many, "Should we sign Reggie Bush" threads will there be? :chuckle:

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 08:52 PM
The Saints CAN do this!!!

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Probably a cajillion.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 09:03 PM
That was a very smart call.

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Saints have to hold them to a FG here. :hope:

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:05 PM
What a great play!!! I think this one is too long for Stover.

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:05 PM
YES!!!!! Stover missed! :applaudit: Great field position coming up for Brees & Co. C'mon Saints! :hope:

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
:tt03:YES!!!!! Stover missed! :applaudit: Great field position coming up for Brees & Co. C'mon Saints! :hope:
:tt03:

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Still a lot of time left! Go Saints!!!!

Texasteel
02-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Are these the worse SB commercials ever? Yes I think they are.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah, these commercials are bad.

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:11 PM
The commercials definitely aren't as good as in previous years, other than the Favre commercial which I found hilarious! :laughing: I also cracked up at the groundhog playing his tune. :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
02-07-2010, 09:12 PM
6 more yards! Go saints!

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Yes!!! Keep on going Saints!

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:14 PM
TOUCHDOWN SAINTS! :applaudit: :hatsoff:

Saints going for 2 here. :hope:

GBMelBlount
Woooohoooo! Go Saints!

Polamalu Princess
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Damn. :banging:

Saints D is going to have to come up BIG in this next series.

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Almost - STILL - GO SAINTS!!!!

GBMelBlount
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Looked like it WAS good for two in slow mo.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 09:18 PM
This is a tough call IMO.

Nadroj 20
02-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Wow that could be good....

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 09:19 PM
WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 09:20 PM
That was a brilliant play, congrads Saints.

Edman
02-07-2010, 09:20 PM
This is sure to cause a lot of controversy and whining. Remember, no one "loses" anymore in the NFL, it's always the refs fault.

Go Saints!

SteelerNation12
02-07-2010, 09:21 PM
horrible call. Rigged to shit.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 09:22 PM
This is sure to cause a lot of controversy and whining. Remember, no one "loses" anymore in the NFL, it's always the refs fault.
Very true.

HometownGal
OMG - that Denny's commercial with the chickens split my sides! :rofl: :rofl:

Glad to see the Saints get that 2 - I spoke a little too soon.

C'mon Saints D!

Steelstralia
well my parents are french, so i got a soft spot for new orleans, so just for today, GEAUX SAINTS!

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Damn - that pick was sooooooo close. :banging:

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Damn that Garcon kid is really good. I've got my FF radar on him for next season.

Should the Colts tie it up here, I like the Saints chances in the 2 min drill.

SteelerNation12
02-07-2010, 09:25 PM

Go Saints!
Refs have given a helping hand in some games no doubt about it. But good teams overcome it.

GBMelBlount
02-07-2010, 09:26 PM
3rd down, hold'em guys!

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 09:27 PM
They need to score here, if they don't it could lessen their chances of winning.

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:29 PM
OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! :applaudit: :banana:

steelerdude15
Dang son.

Polamalu Princess
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GBMelBlount
Ya Baby!!!! Go Saints!!!!!

HometownGal
I feel sorry for Peyton - he's such a warrior and has played a really good game tonight.

Edman
02-07-2010, 09:30 PM
This is why I regard Manning as nothing more than a stat machine.

That was terrible.

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Peyton is going to be passing his arm off on this drive.

Pressure the living shart out of him Saints D.

AllD
02-07-2010, 09:33 PM
I feel sorry for Peyton - he's such a warrior and has played a really good game tonight.

In another thread I predicted it would snow in Miami and Manning would choke again. You see the sunburn on Goober's neck?

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Drew Brees for MVP! I voted.

AllD
02-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Colts got out coached and the Saints did not fold. Manning makes the big mistake. He is like Brady, hit him a couple of times and he gets rattled.

AllD
02-07-2010, 09:37 PM

or Pierre Thomas.

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:40 PM
C'mon Saints D - no time to get stupid here. :banging:

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 09:41 PM
I was at a Colts forum and it's not good...

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:41 PM

Most definitely and hopefully the Saints can hold on here. As we all know all too well, Peyton can be deadly under 2 and if they score here, you can bet they'll be an onside kick.

AllD
02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Bad call on offensive interference. Also, on a previous play when the WR lost the ball after he hit the ground, if his name rhymed with Lines Ward, it would have been ruled incomplete.

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Yeppers! :applaudit:

Edman
02-07-2010, 09:44 PM
The Saints are the Super Bowl XLIV Champions.

HometownGal
CONGRATS SAINTS ON YOUR SB XLIV CHAMPIONSHIP! :banana: :applaudit: :hatsoff:

GBMelBlount
Congratulations Saints!!!!!!

Nadroj 20
I voted for Brees as well and THAT DOES IT..

Congrats to the Saints Superbowl 44 champs, and very deserving.

Polamalu Princess
Saints - they did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AllD
02-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Saints win as Manning chokes big time just like when he played at Tennessee. Big play on defense wins the game!!!! F Manning and Brady, they can't take a hit.

Ironically, the Dolphins passed on Brees twice, big mistake.

SteelerNation12

I don't lol his INT cost them the game most likely.

HometownGal
I am so happy for Drew, Sean Payton, the entire Saints team, their owner but most of all - their fans. First SB championship! :applaudit:

Payton just got doused. :chuckle:

steelerdude15
Congrads New Orleans, you guys deserved it.

zulater
02-07-2010, 09:46 PM
It sucks. I'll never root for an NFC team unless they're playing the Patriots or Raiders. . The 80's and 90's are still too fresh in my mind. :banging:

Sean Payton coached circles around Caldwell today.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 09:47 PM
**** you Wayne and **** you Manning, you ****ing throwing the game away mother****ers. Hope you both rot in ****ing hell
From a Colts forum.

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Very happy here!!!

Venom
02-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Congrats to the Saints !!!!!!!

Venom
No undefeated year,,, no Ring !!!!

SteelerNation12
From a Colts forum.
Sounds like a bandwagon fan.

GBMelBlount
02-07-2010, 09:49 PM
**** you Wayne and **** you Manning, you ****ing throwing the game away mother****ers. Hope you both rot in ****ing hell

Nothing like a passionate fan. :chuckle:

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Haha I know right, hey, the Colts have won two SBs before. This is NO's first time, gotta give it to them.

Venom
02-07-2010, 09:50 PM
The real contest :

Archie Manning 1
Kim Kardashian 0

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Man... they are bashing on their team bad over there, LOVE being a Steelers fan...

Texasteel
02-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Thought the Saints had first SB jitters the first have, but they came out the second ready to play. Congratulation gentlemen.

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Can you imagine how the Bolts fans feel now?

Venom
02-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Opening night , Steelers at Saints , Thursday Night Football ? lol

Sigh, cant believe football is over

stillers4me
02-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I loved seeing Peyton pouting. Did you see what he did when the kicker missed the FG. boofrickinwoo.

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:55 PM
From a Colts forum.

That dude needs a T-pon change.

Edman
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I personally don't care how the Bolts fans feel. They'll still say Crybaby Rivers was a better choice over Brees.

steelerdude15
02-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Sigh, cant believe football is over :crying02:
Now, hopefully the Pens make it back... Pitt, gotta make it to the Final Four this year!

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Rivers is horribly overrated and a sourpuss to boot. He doesn't make a hair on Brees' hiney.

The New Orleans Saints - the other black 'n gold champions. :thumbsup:

AllD
Looks like taking those couple of games off during the regular season did not help the Colts. The Saints were the better team overall and had better coaching.

If the Colts won they would give credit to Manning being a player/coach. Since they lost he goes to the locker room as the QB who choked. Ironically, Warner did something similar last season, but he has a much better image than Manning. I guess he let his fans down and he isn't as perfect as the media portrays him.

HometownGal
You just know Goodell's got a hiney pucker because he isn't handing the Lombardi to Kraft and Belicheat*.

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Mr. Benson is so darned cute! LOL!

Shoot - I thought Sean Payton was going to drop that thing. :chuckle:

Carolina Steelers
02-07-2010, 10:01 PM
I like those Super Bowl Hats the Saints have on.

steelerdude15
And there is no way any of you will ever convince me that this team and those refs with the NFL behind them didn't throw this mother****er away, I guarantee they threw this bitch right down the toilet for that piece of **** washed up ****-stain on the US.
This is from the same Colts fan who I quoted just a little ago.

Venom
Im watching the trophy presentation right now and I couldn't be happier for the Saints. Starting the second I shut off my television , I wish they go 0-16 next year !!!!

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Anyone see Brees' wife Brittany on the pre-game? She is absolutely gorgeous!

Brees is such a classy guy - I'm so happy for him. :hatsoff:

Nadroj 20
02-07-2010, 10:04 PM
This is from the same Colts fan who I quoted just a little ago.

Wow lol i think im going to head over to one of the Colts sites to see some of the reactions myself :chuckle: it should be some good comedy :rofl:

zulater
02-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Mr. Benson is so darned cute! LOL!

. :chuckle:

What you mean the guy who tried to move the team to San Antonio?:coffee:

devilsdancefloor
02-07-2010, 10:10 PM
congrats to al lthe saints fans asnd that organization! i live in colts country and when peyton threw the INT the house next to us you could here them yelling my son look at me and LOL and said "losers". lol anyway a lot of drunk screaming fans around here.

Nadroj 20
02-07-2010, 10:11 PM
how long til the draft?

I hear ya :chuckle:

April 22,23,24

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 10:13 PM
What you mean the guy who tried to move the team to San Antonio?:coffee:

While I am well aware of that, I'm sure the Saints fans aren't really all that pissed at him anymore.

I still think he's adorable. :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
02-07-2010, 10:14 PM
While I am well aware of that, I'm sure the Saints fans aren't really all that pissed at him anymore.

lol i dont think Mr Benson knows what state he is anymore he walks around looking lost to me

stillers4me
02-07-2010, 10:15 PM

:chuckle:

They are all drunk on Bourban Street and won't get any sleep until Mardi Gras is over. They don't even remember his name at this point. :chuckle:

supa_fly_steeler
02-07-2010, 10:17 PM
What was Benson doing drunk on the podium lol.

Congrats to Brees, the best quarterback in the league right now.

Venom
02-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Ill drink to that !!!

Venom
02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Ill drink that that !!:drink:

MasterOfPuppets
02-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Rivers is horribly overrated and a sourpuss to boot. He doesn't make a hair on Brees' hiney.

The New Orleans Saints - the other black 'n gold champions. :thumbsup:

well to be fair, brees doesn't have an idiot like norv to deal with....:noidea:

zulater
02-07-2010, 10:49 PM

Not saying you're indicating otherwise, but I'm glad we got the Rooney's. :tt02:

I'm happy for Brees, Sean Payton too, talk about someone who earned it. :thumbsup:

:But Benson, no thanks, winning doesn't change my opinion of him.

supa_fly_steeler
02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Brees don't have any hiney hair no more :P

whilst he stood so long in the pocket freeney shaved it off lol

devilsdancefloor
02-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Can you imagine how the Bolts fans feel now?

My darling wife looked at me and said "AJ just proved how much a idiot he is"

Dino 6 Rings
02-07-2010, 11:34 PM
well, I thought the Colts would win, but Congratulations to the Saints, they played a great game, we able to shut down Manning in the 2nd half and really played an almost perfect game.

Good job Saints, congrats to their fans.

Bullseye now fixed on your back. Enjoy the offseason. we are Gunning for YOU now.

revefsreleets
02-07-2010, 11:40 PM

In the words of Forrest Gump:

"That's all I have to say about that".

zulater
02-07-2010, 11:41 PM
I thought Sean Payton really coached a good game. The onsides kick was gutty and probably the difference maker. I also thought the failed 4th and goal attempt was a good calculated risk. Even with not making it by foregoing the fg he cost Peton Manning a possession with reasonable field position with time and time outs in his pocket.

revefsreleets
02-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Oh, and congrats to Drew Brees. 32-39? Really?

That's amazing. Passing wins football games in 2010.

zulater
02-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Oh, and congrats to Drew Brees. 32-39? Really?

That's amazing. Passing wins football games in 2010.

So does a balanced offense. You do realize that the Saints were 6th in the league this year in rushing yards?

:coffee:

spicygirl
02-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Congrats to the Saints...they played a great game.

MACH1
02-08-2010, 02:49 AM
So does a balanced offense. You do realize that the Saints were 6th in the league this year in rushing yards?

Just when you thought a 4000 yd passer and not one, but two thousand receivers would get it done. :doh:

lionslicer
02-08-2010, 03:22 AM
This game had a lot more defense than anyone would have expected, thats for sure....

And Brees had a great passing game, but it was short passing and the running game was solid which let him have breathing room to throw the ball. The saints kept the ball out of Manning's hands all 2nd quarter, he was very hot in the 1st quarter, if the Saints offense gave him the ball back, he would have put 17-24 points on the board before half, great time mannagement by their offense... Maybe if the Steelers did that, they would have won more than 9 games...

steve314
02-08-2010, 03:38 AM
I haven't read every single comment on here, so I apologize if this has been said already.

Interesting that the Steelers-missing-playoffs karmic revenge tour is complete. (Yes, I know the Steelers ruined their own season with 5 straight losses, but still.)

The Bengals and Patriots tanked their Week 17 games and promptly crashed out of the playoffs the next week.

It took the Colts a little longer, but there was justice in the Super Bowl, with the Colts' loss making up for their giving up on a perfect season in Week 16, helping the Jets (and therefore not the Steelers).

Meanwhile, as I recall, the Saints went for the perfect season (until the Cowboys just played a better game and beat them), and, although no perfect season for them, they did end up winning the Super Bowl. Interesting.

Venom
02-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Drew Brees in his 3 playoff games this year threw for 8 Touchdown passes and 0 Int's .

HometownGal
02-08-2010, 08:36 AM

I think the difference maker in this game was that the Saints D didn't quit and kept on playing all 4 quarters of football. To limit the Colts to 17 points is short of miraculous.

steelerdave1969
02-08-2010, 09:00 AM
First of all... Congrats go out to the Saints from me, they played a heck of a game and their Defense made plays when they absolutely had to.
The Saints ran the ball decently but I thought the Colts didnt do enough in their running game. Joseph Addai had great stats running the ball and the Colts should have kept giving him the ball more. When they got the 10-0 lead I honestly thought it could be over, and the Colts would have helped their cause if they would have just pounded the ball more.

steelpride12
02-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Well strong win for the Saints and congrats to the team and city for it's first championship. They matched their offense in the second half of the game and it was up to the better defense to win and with the INT it sealed the deal and proved the Saints to be Champs Congrats!
Wow Bourbon Street was wild last night. I was at Pitt campus for the Steelers and Pens Championships which were wild to say the least, but they are surely still partying and will all week long!