PDA

View Full Version : Could the Steelers first opponent be.....

Venom
01-25-2010, 10:48 AM
....the Saints next year ? The Steelers do play the Saints in New Orleans next year . Should the Saints win the SuperBowl , who knows , Steelers vs Saints opening night game ! ( Im sorry , just bored ) :noidea:

supa_fly_steeler
01-25-2010, 11:03 AM
no lol, they try to get divisional opponent for more views because of the rivalry.

we have already 4 primetime games next year.

new orleans and the ratbirds wasn't one of them. they could still change it up though.

i heard it was atalnta

Steelillini
01-25-2010, 11:18 AM
how do you know we have 4 primetime games next year???? has the schedule come out yet, I don't think so

JPbucco
01-25-2010, 11:45 AM
no lol, they try to get divisional opponent for more views because of the rivalry.

we have already 4 primetime games next year.

new orleans and the ratbirds wasn't one of them. they could still change it up though.

i heard it was atalnta

Wrong, no prime time games have been set...plus both time we opened as champs it was against non-divisional opponents.

Look,if you don't know what's going on...say...Look, I don't know what's going on.

Steelers/Saints would be great if N.O. wins it all.

Venom
01-25-2010, 01:08 PM
When the Steelers won the SuperBowl last year , they opened up against the Titans . No rivalry there . After SuperBowl 40 , the Steelers opened up against the Dolphins. No rivalry there also. The Nfl could of picked the Ravens for atleast one of those games.

stlrtruck
01-25-2010, 01:11 PM
I hope it's not the opener. Matter of fact I hope they wait until about week 4. Got plans to attend the game but if it's the first two weeks of the season it throws a big ole monkey wrench in the mix!

vrabinec
01-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Our wonderful corners will be ready to shut them down....

DoubleYoi
01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
When the Steelers won the SuperBowl last year , they opened up against the Titans . No rivalry there . After SuperBowl 40 , the Steelers opened up against the Dolphins. No rivalry there also. The Nfl could of picked the Ravens for atleast one of those games.

Supposedly, the league picked the Ravens to open up this year but Baltimore requested their game be changed to a non-primetime tilt. Just sayin'.

Galax Steeler
01-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Hopefully we will have some good corners by the time we play them.:chuckle:

vasteeler
01-25-2010, 06:03 PM

we have corners:noidea:

:sofunny:

Merchant
01-25-2010, 06:09 PM
who cares who we play opening day lol. we can ball with anyone.. especially with Troy and Aaron back, and hopefully we can draft a good corner.

steel9guy
01-25-2010, 09:57 PM

The Steelers and the titans were huge rivals a few years back and the towl stomp kinda restarted it. I thought it was a great choice for opening night.

steelpride12
01-25-2010, 10:05 PM
who cares who we play opening day lol. we can ball with anyone.. especially with Troy and Aaron back, and hopefully we can draft a good corner.

Exactly. All that matters is the Steelers prepare for any challenge or opponent next season and prepare well in the draft and stay healthy during camp!

Shea
01-25-2010, 10:24 PM
I could go for an opener with the Saints/Steelers if they win the SB.

Opening night and prime time games are always fun, plus it would be a Thursday which would give an extra few days for preparing for the next opponent and extra time to heal bodies.

Love the prime time games, and although only one team can be scheduled for five during a season (which the Steelers will get) I'd love to see this match-up in week one.

Hell, I'm getting pumped just thinking about it. :tt02:

Plus, I have respect for the Saints' fans even though I won't be rooting for their team if this happens.

Did anyone catch that it seemed like the whole crowd at the dome sang the national anthem along with the singer at the NFCC game - gave me goosebumps.

tony hipchest
01-25-2010, 10:33 PM
i hope we play the titans early. chris johnson is on some rediculous streak to break the record for most consecutive 100+ yd rushing games.

steelers were one of but 2-3 teams to pretty much shut him down last year.

i hope we play them early and shut his pie hole.

supa_fly_steeler
01-26-2010, 05:04 AM
Wrong, no prime time games have been set...plus both time we opened as champs it was against non-divisional opponents.

Look,if you don't know what's going on...say...Look, I don't know what's going on.

Steelers/Saints would be great if N.O. wins it all.

actually go read up stupid.

we have already 2 set, 1 v bengals, 1 v jets. nbc

dont tell me whats wrong and not

supa_fly_steeler
01-26-2010, 05:05 AM

well when the steelers schedule was suppose to come out opening night was against the ravens but they pussied out

SteelStang
01-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Since the league has been using this 'Thursday Night Opener' wih the defending champ they have gone with Pats-Colts, Steelers-Fins, Steelers-Titans, Pats-Raiders, Colts-Saints, Giants-Skins. Of those, only one was a divisional match-up and only one was out of conference. Therefore my guess is

if the Colts win....

Colts-Chargers

If the Saints win...

Saints-Cowboys or Packers

SteelStang
01-26-2010, 09:20 AM
As for us I have this srange feeling we will open with the Bengals.

JPbucco
01-26-2010, 09:51 AM
actually go read up stupid.

we have already 2 set, 1 v bengals, 1 v jets. nbc

dont tell me whats wrong and not

1. Calling ME stupid is a bit ironic don't you think?
2.Where's your link?....Thought so.
3. The prime time schedule isn't released until April.
4. They haven't even announced WHERE they are playing...let alone WHEN!!

Apologize and MAYBE I will forgive you and again....If you don't know what you're talking about...say...Look, I don't know what I'm talking about.

StainlessStill
01-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Holy sh!t, Steelers Vs Saints for opening game 2010 would be GENIUS!

Superbowl winner VS the year before's Superbowl winner. Black and Gold VS Black and Gold. City VS City. Plus, having the Steelers in any kind of prime time against the Champ to open is exactly what the NFL would want, since the Steelers have been the league's most money making team as far as ratings and viewership in prime time.

Make it happen NFL, SAINTS/STEELERS opening kickoff 2010.

steelerdave1969
01-26-2010, 10:44 AM

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that the NFL wanted the Ravens to travel in to meet the Steelers for the opener last season and the Ravens turned it down, thats the reason we faced the Titans. As for the Saints-Steelers to open 2010?.. I would love to see it myself as well.

supa_fly_steeler
01-26-2010, 12:41 PM
1. Calling ME stupid is a bit ironic don't you think?
2.Where's your link?....Thought so.
3. The prime time schedule isn't released until April.
4. They haven't even announced WHERE they are playing...let alone WHEN!!

Apologize and MAYBE I will forgive you and again....If you don't know what you're talking about...say...Look, I don't know what I'm talking about.

im not apoligisng to your stupid self. It's ironic that your calling me ironic

1. go look for the link. it's on the web
2. nbc has released some primtime games, not schedules but GAMES
3. they havent announced who's at home and who's not. BUT GAMES

Id like to see the Jets host the Steelers or vise versa for the first week sunday night, nothings better than a defensive struggle, would love for mike wallace to be lined up against darrelle revis and see how fast revis really is.

JPbucco
01-26-2010, 01:04 PM

Id like to see the Jets host the Steelers or vise versa for the first week sunday night, nothings better than a defensive struggle, would love for mike wallace to be lined up against darrelle revis and see how fast revis really is.

Looked everywhere, not there....BECAUSE IT"S NOT TRUE!!!!

Link please.

DoubleYoi
01-26-2010, 01:24 PM

Seems like we're trapped in a stupid/ironic vortex. Are we on a Steelers message board or is this Mrs. Smith's first grade class? I might be lost.

As far as Revis, I think he'd be assigned to Santonio instead of Wallace. Holmes is an every-down receiver and the Jets would be doing themselves a disservice by matching him up to Wallace head-to-head.

jjpro11
01-26-2010, 01:51 PM
the Steelers will not play on the opening Thursday night game. the Steelers are too big of a ratings draw for NBC and the NFL to put them on at time-slot that would get huge ratings even if it were Rams vs Chiefs. it will probably be Colts or Saints vs a team that either got a new big name player, or a team with some sort of history involving the Colts or Saints. no way would the NFL put a team like the Steelers, Cowboys, or Packers on when they could save those matchups for other times.

steelax04
01-26-2010, 02:30 PM

I've searched and came up with nothing. Used terms like NBC, primetime, NFL, 2010-2011 schedule, etc... so just post your link if it's that easy to find.

JPbucco
01-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I've searched and came up with nothing. Used terms like NBC, primetime, NFL, 2010-2011 schedule, etc... so just post your link if it's that easy to find.

I've also tried every combination...not there because it's not true.

supa_fly_steeler
01-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Looked everywhere, not there....BECAUSE IT"S NOT TRUE!!!!

Link please.

you obviously havent looked hard enough. look harder on the web. its called being leaked you idiot nbc wont announce it so quickly.

then you can cradle my balls come march when the schedule is released and a nyj v pit/cin v pit nbc game is shown, i can then hand you some tissues so you can cry at your silly response

JPbucco
01-26-2010, 03:28 PM
you obviously havent looked hard enough. look harder on the web. its called being leaked you idiot nbc wont announce it so quickly.

then you can cradle my balls come march when the schedule is released and a nyj v pit/cin v pit nbc game is shown, i can then hand you some tissues so you can cry at your silly response

Right, there is no evidence ANYWHERE and all we have is your word that it was "leaked" to you.

...and ...I'M THE SILLY ONE?

o.k.

supa_fly_steeler
01-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Right, there is no evidence ANYWHERE and all we have is your word that it was "leaked" to you.

...and ...I'M THE SILLY ONE?

o.k.

how many pages does the world wide web have.

i dont have time for your silly remarks, i guess you can say sorry to me in around about 2 months. In the mean time you can still look.

Everything gets leaked on NBC even that voicemails and stupid stuff.

JPbucco
01-26-2010, 04:17 PM
even that voicemails and stupid stuff.

And I'm arguing with you?

You're right...I AM stupid.

steelax04
01-26-2010, 04:51 PM

Seriously, grow up and post the link. I think it would be beneficial to the entire discussion.

supa_fly_steeler
01-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Seriously, grow up and post the link. I think it would be beneficial to the entire discussion.

i would of posted it, i did hint how big the world wide web is. it had all the primetime games for the 2009 afc north nbc

the people who broadcast the production in my country (five uk) who are connected with marketing the nbc games even hinted but couldnt be able leak due to violating rules

Whats so immature about that, it may be one's joy in life NOT TRUE!!!!!

Steelillini
01-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Supa Fly, I think you took one too many hits from Rowdy Roddy Piper. You sir are delusional. Drink another pint or two and go to bed....................and don't wake up until the Steelers play that imaginative prime time game already scheduled next year that only you know about........

JPbucco
01-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Supa Fly, I think you took one too many hits from Rowdy Roddy Piper. You sir are delusional. Drink another pint or two and go to bed....................and don't wake up until the Steelers play that imaginative prime time game already scheduled next year that only you know about........

He COULD post it...but then he'd have to kill us....So I'm good.

BTW...did you see he said 2009?

supa_fly_steeler
01-27-2010, 05:45 AM
He COULD post it...but then he'd have to kill us....So I'm good.

BTW...did you see he said 2009?

yea oh well its 2010...

u can cry when we have a primtime game against the bengals

stlrtruck
01-27-2010, 09:10 AM
First, the schedule for 2010 has been released as far as who our opponents are and where we are playing.

The only thing that is not definitive is when we are playing them. As JPBucco posted, the primetime schedule isn't released until April. Usually around draft time.

JPbucco
01-27-2010, 09:21 AM
First, the schedule for 2010 has been released as far as who our opponents are and where we are playing.

The only thing that is not definitive is when we are playing them. As JPBucco posted, the primetime schedule isn't released until April. Usually around draft time.

Uh...don't you realize, British secret agent "00supafly" has intercepted some secret microfilm that reveals NBCs 2010 (or 2009..years are confusing) games.

He tracked it down by using the "world wide web".

SteelCityMom
01-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Wow, what a stupid immature argument.

Supa...it's obvious that you don't have a link that clearly says what games are going to be primetime this coming season. If you read it somewhere (probably a blog) and it comes true, then yippie skippy. Until then, there's no reason to act all pompous about something you can't even prove. Others have already said they can't find the info (which if it was so hot, would be found in the first few pages of a google search), and to me it just sounds like you're trying to backtrack an incorrect statement with "well if you can't find it, I'm not going to find it for you". All very juvenile really.

DoubleYoi
01-27-2010, 10:08 AM
yea oh well its 2010...

u can cry when we have a primtime game against the bengals

Predicting the Steelers play the Bengals in a primetime game is about as bold as betting on Peyton Manning to throw a TD sometime next season. Why wouldn't the NFL want to match up the AFCN's time-tested team against the new, relatively un-proven division champion on SNF or MNF? I don't think anybody here will be surprised if the schedule is released and we find those two teams playing a primetime game. Crowing that you've seen it published without a link to back it up on the other hand is pretty ridiculous on your part. Put your money where your mouth is and post a link or let it go!

Atranox
01-27-2010, 11:01 AM

We were supposed to play the Ravens in the opener this past year. However, the Ravens filed a complaint to the NFL & got the game moved to Baltimore for later in the year. That's how we ended up with the Titans.

steelax04
01-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Whats so immature about that, it may be one's joy in life NOT TRUE!!!!!

This is what's immature:

then you can cradle my balls come march

You can find "leaked" information but you couldn't figure that one out? :doh:

Venom
01-27-2010, 07:39 PM
I can see a Bungals vs Steelers on a Sunday night . NBC usually has a better schedule than ESPN's Monday Night Football ( also throw in the Pats game )

DoubleYoi
01-28-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm more interested on the Steelers/Browns matchups. What do you think the chances are of us playing in Cleveland on a Thursday night again? I know the NFL Network is all for televising rivalries but I found it odd that the Steelers played in Cleveland on a Thursday night in back-to-back years. Is it possible they make it three years in a row or will a primetime matchup with the Browns shift back to Pittsburgh like in '06?

HometownGal
01-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Time to lock this one down - nothing to read here but pissing matches.