PDA

View Full Version : The faces say it all...

Indo
01-25-2010, 02:30 PM
http://uspresswire.com/image/thumb/600-600/4370538.jpg

Steelers>NFL
01-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Good for NO Saints!
Now go punish P. Manning just as you did to Favre.

vasteeler
01-26-2010, 10:27 AM
what a great pic

revefsreleets
01-26-2010, 10:30 AM
A) This is yet ANOTHER team that's never been in the big dance...how many of you are there left now, Cleveland Browns?
B) How could you not pull for these guys?

Indo
01-26-2010, 10:42 AM
In just 4 seasons Sean Peyton has put together something special

As I recall, they were 3-13 the year he became the HC. Since then he has taken his team to the NFCCG twice, and won one of them and has gotten his team to the Dance.

Let's also not forget that he took a $250,000 cut in his paycheck in order to get Greg Williams (the DC), and that act of selflessness has made ALL the difference...

The Saints Organization is rather similar to the Steelers---family owned and oriented. Tom Benson has been grooming his granddaughter for years to take over the organization when he retires as Owner (she's the dark-haired woman who is always standing beside him when the cameras show him). He almost made a world-class mistake several years ago----the team was doing poorly and the Superdome was NEVER sold out. Benson believed it was because the Superdome is so old (how dumb is THAT?!). He tried to get the city of New Orleans to build a new stadium/dome or he threatened to move the Saints to another city.

Then he made the brilliant move of hiring Sean Peyton. And, what do you know, the Saints are winning and the Superdome is sold out!

HometownGal
01-26-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm really happy for Mr. Benson, Sean Payton, Drew, Reggie and the rest of the guys. They could have (and probably should have) been our opponent in XLIII, but their D needed a little more fine tuning and obviously this season, they got it right. :thumbsup:

Still kickin' yourselves in the hiney aren't ya Chargers? :chuckle:

GO SAINTS! :applaudit:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-26-2010, 11:58 AM
WHO DAT?

The only Saint I am not happy for is Tom Benson. He almost moved the team after Katrina. If I remember correctly, he was told if he proposed it, it would be voted down. As far as I am concerned, he shouldn't be allowed to touch the Lombardi when the Saints win it in two Sundays.

steelreserve
01-26-2010, 12:29 PM

I suppose if one of them F-bombed your girlfriend.

Other than that, yeah, you'd either have to be from Indianapolis to root against them, or you'd have to be an idiot. But I repeat myself.

supa_fly_steeler
01-26-2010, 12:36 PM
i like the saints alot because reggie gets to tap kim kardashian, i liked them alot because brees does alot for charity.

i love me some saints in beating those viqueens

stlrtruck
01-27-2010, 08:52 AM
A) This is yet ANOTHER team that's never been in the big dance...how many of you are there left now, Cleveland Browns?

cleveland browns
houston texans
jacksonville jaguars
detroit lions

steelerdude15
01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Good for them, congrads to a city and population that has gone through so much in the past few years, it's a nice breath of fresh air for them... In a way, this can relate to the Steelers. They had Hurricane Katrina and we had the steel mills closing (I know, huge difference), the cities economies were struggling horribly and people were leaving... and then the Steelers made it to the big dance, back in '75 and beat the Vikings 16-6. Speaking of NO, SB 9 was played there, at Tulane Stadium.

Gnutella
01-27-2010, 08:23 PM

The Browns, Lions, Jaguars and Texans are the only teams left that have never been to a Super Bowl.

7SteelGal43
01-27-2010, 09:30 PM
http://uspresswire.com/image/thumb/600-600/4370538.jpg

PRICELESS !!!!