PDA

View Full Version : MDSteel15's Early Mock...

MDSteel15
01-26-2010, 11:27 AM
1. Earl Thomas FS, Texas
2. Donovan Warren CB, Michigan
3a. Vince Oghobaase DE, Duke
3b. Daryl Washington ILB, TCU
4. John Jerry G, Ole Miss
5a. Walter McFadden CB, Auburn
5b. Ed Wang OT, Virginia Tech
6. Boo Robinson NT, Wake Forrest
7. Deron Minor OLB, McNeese State

I think we have another pick coming in there some place but this is all I have for now...

RJ1670
01-26-2010, 08:08 PM
I like Thomas. He would fit the role perfectly playing next to Polamalu

MDSteel15
01-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Is my draft that good that nobody is criticizing it? WOW

mulldog24
01-27-2010, 05:02 PM
I really like your draft ! The only thing that I would change is pick 3a to Torrell Troup as I think he is more of a NT prospect. I hope we get a comp pick at rd 3 but I doubt it.

supa_fly_steeler
01-27-2010, 06:06 PM
earl thomas amazing pick

Merchant
01-27-2010, 11:50 PM
I dunno about Earl Thomas.. from the sound of things it seems like we're making re-signing Ryan Clark a top priority and him and Polamalu are a solid combination. Clark had a good year I thought. We need a corner a lot more than we need a FS in my opinion. Hopefully Joe Hayden falls to us.

MasterOfPuppets
01-28-2010, 02:25 AM
Is my draft that good that nobody is criticizing it? WOW
i'm not gonna criticize it but i'll offer some inside info..... we ain't getting a 3rd rd comp pick. ... looks like the best we'll get is a 5 th for bmac...a 5th for washington...and a 7th for lefty...:noidea:

....Pittsburgh — The Steelers lost three qualifying players and didn't sign any, so they will receive three comp picks. They should receive a fifth-round comp pick for Bryant McFadden, a fifth or sixth (most likely a fifth) for Nate Washington and a seventh for Byron Leftwich.
Quote:
Anonymous said...

Curious on Steelers picks why you see only a 5th for McFadden at $5mil/yr rather than a 4th?

Also same with Leftwich - he signed at 3.25mil/yr.. I'm assuming his limited contribution is what drops him from 6th to 7th rather than his contract $s?
January 9, 2010 1:25 PM
AdamJT13 said...

McFadden signed for $5 million per season, but not all of that counts in the comp formula. Based on his contract and playing time, my formula for estimating the comp picks puts his value in the fifth round. That is based on previous years' comp picks and the annual increases of the thresholds for each round.

Leftwich signed for $2 million per season. His 2010 bonus that was tied to his 2009 playing time -- which he might not have earned anyway -- does not count in the formula.

supa_fly_steeler
01-28-2010, 03:53 AM
I dunno about Earl Thomas.. from the sound of things it seems like we're making re-signing Ryan Clark a top priority and him and Polamalu are a solid combination. Clark had a good year I thought. We need a corner a lot more than we need a FS in my opinion. Hopefully Joe Hayden falls to us.

im disagree with need safety more than corner.

we have 3 young corners who could have great potential.

clarks old and so is polamalu... we got to look at filling depth now.

MDSteel15
01-28-2010, 08:48 AM
im disagree with need safety more than corner.

we have 3 young corners who could have great potential.

clarks old and so is polamalu... we got to look at filling depth now.

Polamalu turns 29 in April so I wouldn't call him old! Clark turns 31 in October, just hitting the turn.... but injuries this season prove we need depth at both positions ASAP!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-28-2010, 09:12 AM
1. Earl Thomas FS, Texas
2. Donovan Warren CB, Michigan
3a. Vince Oghobaase DE, Duke
3b. Daryl Washington ILB, TCU
4. John Jerry G, Ole Miss
5a. Walter McFadden CB, Auburn
5b. Ed Wang OT, Virginia Tech
6. Boo Robinson NT, Wake Forrest
7. Deron Minor OLB, McNeese State

I think we have another pick coming in there some place but this is all I have for now...

Not bad...but we have to find some depth at safety. Also, Boo Robinson loss so much wight that there is no way he is going to be playing 3-4 NT. As someone else mentioned, if we dont go NT in the first round...we might want to think about Torrell Troup in the 3rd round.

MDSteel15
01-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Not bad...but we have to find some depth at safety. Also, Boo Robinson loss so much wight that there is no way he is going to be playing 3-4 NT. As someone else mentioned, if we dont go NT in the first round...we might want to think about Torrell Troup in the 3rd round.

Thanks LLT.. I will take this into consideration when I update... :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks LLT.. I will take this into consideration when I update... :thumbsup:

Not sure what happend to Robinson...I had him as one of the top NT's at the end of 2008...then he lost weight and was never the player he was before.