PDA

View Full Version : pete prisco at it again

tony hipchest
02-01-2006, 08:00 PM
i guess jerome may not make it into the h.o.f. because his numbers are no better than ricky watters.:dang:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9201392/3

check out the poll in the article:

Does Jerome Bettis belong in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?
25% No

75% Yes

Total Votes: 7412

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2006, 08:04 PM
It's the middle of the week and Prisco's other option was to write a column bashing Detroit.

Jerome's career yardage gets him in on the first ballot and Prisco knows it better than we do.

It's the baseball equivalent of getting 3000 hits; nobody will care what your on base % was.

Suitanim
02-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey, Bouchette shared my sentiments about the best "Big back". He's right. It begins and ends right there. There are 270lb QB's playing the game now, but a 230lb RB is still considered a big back, even almost 40 years after the 1st one appeared on the scene. And most of these 230lb RB's fizzle and fade in a year or two.

Bettis is still productive in his 13th year, always pushing the pile forward. Bettis is almost a player/coach, something that pretty much died decades ago. Is he a first ballot HOF'er? I doubt it, but, then again, Dermonti Dawson is probably tied with Webster as the best Center to EVER play the game of football, and he didn't even make the final cut. Voters love the skill position.

tony hipchest
02-01-2006, 08:14 PM
It's the middle of the week and Prisco's other option was to write a column bashing Detroit.

Jerome's career yardage gets him in on the first ballot and Prisco knows it better than we do.

It's the baseball equivalent of getting 3000 hits; nobody will care what your on base % was.

its obvious hes playing the devils advocate and looking for mid week fodder to write about. what more could be a hot subject this week?

a great effort to "sell papers" so to speak

Avoid Lloyd
02-01-2006, 09:01 PM
It's truly a shame that these people are allowed to be in high profile positions.

It's this kind of idiocy really gets under my skin.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2006, 09:04 PM
YOu can tell these people are grasping at straws here when they write this stuff..