PDA

View Full Version : Are The Steelers Early SB XLV Favorites ???

SteelerEmpire
01-26-2010, 06:17 PM
LINK: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/332129-who-will-be-playing-in-super-bowl-xlv?utm_source=newsletter

stillers4me
01-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Book it. :chuckle:

Godfather
01-26-2010, 06:20 PM
We should be. We'll be back to full strength on defense, the O-line will have another year together after showing improvement in 2008, and Mendy and Wallace will have some experience to make them even better.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
01-26-2010, 06:21 PM
An aging defense that had trouble in the 4th quarter this season, that MIGHT lose Hampton and Clark... Sorry, I don't see it. Nice thought, though...

The Colts, Jets, Chargers, and Bengals are still ranked ahead of us... We might not want to hear this, but it's the current reality.

Glace
01-26-2010, 06:26 PM
We do better when people count us out.....So I'll say we're an early favorite to go .500.

Carolina Steelers
01-26-2010, 06:26 PM
An aging defense that had trouble in the 4th quarter this season, that MIGHT lose Hampton and Clark... Sorry, I don't see it. Nice thought, though...

The Colts, Jets, Chargers, and Bengals are still ranked ahead of us... We might not want to hear this, but it's the current reality.

Ouch that hurts but thats the truth. Even thought im not sold on the Jets

SteelerEmpire
01-26-2010, 06:29 PM
We do better when people count us out.....So I'll say we're an early favorite to go .500.

Ha Ha... I think our enemies know this... so why not make us fav's every year until most of our star players have gone... :doh:

casteeler
01-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Let's not take this to heart, the guy listed new england as the other afc team. The pats have a terrible defense and Tom Brady folds like a lawn chair under pressure besides the NFL doesn't allow the pats to cheat anymore so i'm not buying the pats.

steelpride12
01-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Im not worried about anything about the season play yet until we play out the draft, training camp to see how this team sits as of right now.

steeltheone
01-26-2010, 07:06 PM
If we are favorites, the league is in worse shape than i thought.

Psyychoward86
01-26-2010, 09:37 PM
lol....bleach report. U dont eliminate ANYBODY until they're officially eliminated

Merchant
01-26-2010, 11:45 PM
lol.. flattering article. but I think some people are getting a bit ahead of themselves talking about superbowl 45 when superbowl 44 hasn't been played yet.

steelpride12
01-27-2010, 12:03 AM
SB favorites when this year's has not been played yet...

SteelersinCA
01-27-2010, 12:39 AM
This coming from the writer wearing a Steelers hat and T-Shirt in his profile pic? I'd love to see it, but that's hardly objective journalism there.

Edman
01-27-2010, 02:34 AM
The Steelers need to focus on actually being better than Cincinnati. Cincinnati, People. That's how far we fell last year.

An aging Defense that failed constantly in the 4th quarter, A 2-4 record in the AFC North, losing to crappy teams. If the Steelers are favorites, then the competition in the league is worse than I thought.

That's the biggest pile of homer article I've ever seen.

Galax Steeler
01-27-2010, 05:46 AM
I am sorry I believe we are going all the way next year.:popcorn:

Venom
01-27-2010, 05:57 AM
I think the Colts , Chargers and Pats could be ahead of us. Nevertheless , if the Raiders and Chiefs are both on our schedule , we can be in trouble , lol. :banging:

vasteeler
01-27-2010, 07:10 AM
I am sorry I believe we are going all the way next year.:popcorn:

thats the spirit:thumbsup:

Vincent
01-27-2010, 07:22 AM
...but it's the current reality.

"Reality" is over rated. The Packers won't even score.

fansince'76
01-27-2010, 07:32 AM
I think the Colts , Chargers and Pats could be ahead of us. Nevertheless , if the Raiders and Chiefs are both on our schedule , we can be in trouble , lol. :banging:

The Pats* are so overrated at this point it's pathetic. I'll give you the Colts and Bolts, though.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-27-2010, 07:57 AM
The Pats* are so overrated at this point it's pathetic. I'll give you the Colts and Bolts, though.

The *Pats were a very good team that could only get over the hump by cheating. The year they got caught cheating I bet my brother that after teams got the chance to change their signals the *Pats wouldnt be able to win playoff games. Two years into it and I stand correct.

Texasteel
01-27-2010, 08:08 AM
I believe that a season can just get away from a team sometimes. In a losing streak both players and coaches can start to press a little and sometimes make a few mistakes. If you take away a converted 4th and 5 in the Ravens game and a last second TD in the Bengals game, plus a couple of dropped balls and an untimely int or two. and this could have been a different season. Unfortunately these things did happen. I do believe we have a few holes to fill and think that will happen.

I think the Steelers are prime contenders next year. I hope the rest of the league does not.

scsteeler
01-27-2010, 08:56 AM
lol....bleach report. U dont eliminate ANYBODY until they're officially eliminated

so true.

Indo
01-27-2010, 10:09 AM
I wish it was that easy...

I like the way this guy thinks! But everyone did notice that he is from Pittsburgh, right? (read his profile)

He is just a little biased

HometownGal
01-27-2010, 03:43 PM

Though I never count the black 'n gold out anyt8ime until they have been officially eliminated from playoff contention, I have to begrudingly agree, UNLESS the Steelers can make a few upgrades in the secondary and on the OL via the draft and/or FA.

MaidenIndiana
01-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Kind of hard to be the Super Bowl favorite NEXT year when you didn't even make the playoffs THIS year.

Dino 6 Rings
01-28-2010, 04:40 PM
How about the Steelers win a Game in 2010 before we start talking this silly stuff.

Prok
01-28-2010, 07:40 PM
We should be. We'll be back to full strength on defense, the O-line will have another year together after showing improvement in 2008, and Mendy and Wallace will have some experience to make them even better.

Although i'm not high on one Bruce Arians I am high on this TEAM.

Agree with others that a few moves have to be made tho. We HAVE to upgrade our secondary. With the way Troy plays we need a much better backup and probably 2 good to very good CB's to compete with the Chargers and Colts of the league. Not to mention a couple young studs on either line.

But this team CAN do it next year. We still have a very good SB winning core intact.

Steel-Bryan
01-28-2010, 07:44 PM
We had potential this year, we just had key injuries. I think we could be in the Race next year, hopefully.

stb_steeler
01-29-2010, 11:06 PM
I agree with one thing he states, a franchise QB will get ya there!....Hey im up for #7 next season. :tt04: WOW i just got a thought hmmm. It would be number 7 SB.....Bens Jersey number 7...Yikes i just got a chill up my back!

SteelersTilIDie
01-31-2010, 08:00 PM
what about the two teams that are actually in the super bowl...lets not get ahead of ourselves the steelers are up there but definitely not THE favorite

TampaSteelerFan
02-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Good enough for me... Steelers vs Packers next year! Put it on the board! :drink::thumbsup:

Cinnjerm
02-02-2010, 03:42 PM
I agree with one thing he states, a franchise QB will get ya there!....Hey im up for #7 next season. :tt04: WOW i just got a thought hmmm. It would be number 7 SB.....Bens Jersey number 7...Yikes i just got a chill up my back!

You forgot to mention it will be Ben's seventh year as well. :chuckle:

markymarc
02-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Sorry but the Colts or Saints have to be favorites next season. Let's see what happens in FA and the draft before listing Steelers as favorites. We had our down year in 2009 and now it's time to bounce back in 2010 :tt02:

vasteeler
02-03-2010, 10:56 AM
You forgot to mention it will be Ben's seventh year as well. :chuckle:

that is so hard for me to beleive

where have those 6 years gone:doh: