PDA

View Full Version : Danny Krieder questionable?..2/3 Update, says He'll be ready to go

drizze99
02-01-2006, 08:58 PM
www.superbowl.com/injuries

From what I hear, he was injured in the AFC Championship game and it is believed to be serious. Anyone notice Haynes played fullback at the end of that game blocking for Bettis? The injury is believed to be his knee.

Danny boy NEEDS to play! If he doesn't, then this worries me.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Dan will suck it up.. Ive heard nothing major all week on all the NFL network shows or espn about it.. Dan is a beast and warrior..if he can walk he'll be out there.

melroseplace
02-01-2006, 09:12 PM
my guess is they pulled him out for the rest of the game to not risk any further injury so he'll be ready to roll this Sunday

drizze99
02-01-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm watching Total Access now and he did not practice today. I did however see a shot of Duce practicing!

Suitanim
02-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Duce is as good a blocking back as anyone in the NFL. That's the nice thing about being 4 deep at RB.

Avoid Lloyd
02-01-2006, 09:25 PM
This would seriously worry me if he doesn't play.

The Bus needs his driver.

brianski71
02-01-2006, 10:09 PM
dan will be fine and murdering people

shevdog
02-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Duce in there for Kreider... this could get interesting. I like that idea for a replacement. That's going to be a bit scarey for the Seahawks D to have Duce line up with either Willie or Jerome in the I-Formation.

That thought aside, I'd like to see Kreider, the bus driver, in for the big one!

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-01-2006, 11:34 PM
KDKA just was talking bout injuries and Kreider wasn't mentioned, I hope he's in there> BUt the thought of DUCE and Willie or Bus in the backfield together is interesting!!!

aphiz
02-01-2006, 11:45 PM
the official status on krieder is that he's questionable. And wuts the deal w/ duce? i've been trying to find a report on his condition but no luck

BlitzburghRockCity
02-02-2006, 12:30 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_419716.html

Atlanta Dan
02-02-2006, 08:32 AM
I cannot imagine the Steelers would activate Duce unless there is no chance whatsoever Kreider can go. If Duce lost out to Verron Haynes as the 3rd down back I doubt he is a good fit as the blocking back.

Kreider not having practiced since the Denver game is not a good sign for a running game that has not been firing on all cylinders throughout the playoffs.

Guess I had to worry about something specific leading up to Sunday so the Kreider injury will be it for me.

Avoid Lloyd
02-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Yeah, having Duce blocking on a run play would be a nightmare. He is NOT a FB.

The Bus thrives off of Kreider killing linebackers.

If Kreider doesn't play its going to mean a lot more passing from us. Possibly more trick plays too.

Oh, and Tuman would be the FB if Danny doesn't go, not Duce.

drizze99
02-02-2006, 09:27 AM
I listened to Cohwer's press conference this morning and he was asked about Krieder. He said that he injured his knee in the AFCCG and then reaggrivated it last week in practice. He said that he tweaked it yesterday working out. He is going very light today and hopefully more work tomorrow to get ready for Sunday. He said that if Danny can't go, Haynes will start at fullback.

Rotorhead
02-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Crap, that sucks bigtime! Well at least we can run outside with Parker, and you know Verron will do he best when we are in the redzone. Sucks to be Kreider though, bust your a$$ all year and when you make it you are injured and may not play!

jbone19
02-02-2006, 09:51 AM
he's a tough SOB...he'll play! :helmet:

clevestinks
02-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Krieder is a must.

rowedf
02-02-2006, 11:06 AM
He got hurt in the Colts game, not sure if it's the same injury or a new one that might have happened against the Bronco's but I know he hurt his wrist against the Colts but he returned in that game.

Avoid Lloyd
02-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Haynes instead of Kreider....I don't know about that....

If thats the case then I wonder if Willie Parker will see more work since he does a lot of single back sets.

thumb 2 come
02-02-2006, 11:53 AM
He was interviewed and said he will be fine to play that it's not as bad as it's being made out to be

Ambridge
02-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah, having Duce blocking on a run play would be a nightmare. He is NOT a FB.

The Bus thrives off of Kreider killing linebackers.

If Kreider doesn't play its going to mean a lot more passing from us. Possibly more trick plays too.

Oh, and Tuman would be the FB if Danny doesn't go, not Duce.

When's the last time Duce seen any game time..........The Green Bay game???
He should just stay in his gray sweats and walk around on the sideline like he's been doing most of the season.

After the layoff he's had I don't want him attempting to block or even worse taking a
hand-off.

I sure hope Kreider can go on Sunday.

SteelerFanInCA
02-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Kreider's tough. I'm sure keeping him out of practice is just a precautionary measure and he should be ready to go in the game.

smashmouth
02-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Dan will lead the way for the Buses first TD!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2006, 12:03 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_420108.html

He'll be ready dont worry...

Koopa
02-03-2006, 12:14 AM
it's the last game of the season, of course everyone is gonna play. they have all offseason to heal, they gotta put it all on the line sunday.

augustashark
02-03-2006, 12:41 AM
it's the last game of the season, of course everyone is gonna play. they have all offseason to heal, they gotta put it all on the line sunday.

You are correct my friend. It would take at lest two tanks to pull these guys Dan included off the field!