PDA

View Full Version : QB Kurt Warner to retire

supa_fly_steeler
01-27-2010, 02:42 PM
LeBeau, Steelers scouring for that next great defender
Steelers expected to re-sign DT Hampton, S Clark
Jason La Canfora
Warner expected to announce retirement Friday

Posted: January 27th, 2010 | Jason La Canfora | Tags: Arizona Cardinals, Kurt Warner, Matt Leinart

A retirement press conference is planned for Cardinals QB Kurt Warner on Friday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, with the star also likely to discuss future post-playing plans.

Warner, who was pounded hard several times during a playoff loss to the Saints, will retire as one of the most prolific passers of his era, and someone who led two franchises to the Super Bowl.

He performed at a Pro Bowl level again for Arizona in 2009, but also suffered another concussion and has been mulling retirement for several years now. Warner could be poised to pursue coaching or broadcasting post-retirement.

His departure leaves former first-round pick Matt Leinart as the starter in Arizona for now. Leinart has struggled thus far in his career.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/27/warner-expected-to-announce-retirement-friday/

Galax Steeler
01-27-2010, 03:02 PM
I think I would be retiring to if I took the beating he took against the Saints. He has been a good quarterback but it is time for him to go lets see what Leinart has.

supa_fly_steeler
01-27-2010, 03:18 PM
I just heard NFL Network will be running a weekly segment called "WWI-Warner Watch V1" but it doesn't come close to FWIV now

stlrtruck
01-27-2010, 03:24 PM
I just wonder if he's going to pull the drama queen :bs: we've had to endure with Farve or if this is actually going to be his farewell?

steelreserve
01-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing ... (drum roll) ... your playoff-bound San Francisco 49ers!

Dino 6 Rings
01-27-2010, 04:39 PM
its actually a good call with the 9ers except they have had a pretty good record of beating the Cardinals lately, think they are 5-1 against them in the last 6 times. Its the stupid Seahawks the 9ers keep losing to.

SMR
01-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing ... (drum roll) ... your playoff-bound San Francisco 49ers!

THAT better not happen!
:mad:

Steel-Bryan
01-27-2010, 05:00 PM
49ers will make the playoffs, theyre prob going to get dockett from what ive heard.

Psyychoward86
01-27-2010, 05:08 PM
THAT better not happen!
:mad:

why not

HometownGal
01-27-2010, 05:35 PM

I stated a few weeks back that the Cards had better keep eyes in the backs of their heads with regard to the 49'ers. Mike Singletary means business and this is an up and coming team.

I'm sorry to hear Kurt is retiring - I think he surprised a lot of folks when, in his 2nd season with the Rams, he took them to Super Bowl on his shoulders and lead them to a win in SB XXXIV. He is a genuinely great guy with honorable family values and is the true definition of the word "teamer". I wish him all the best. :drink: :hatsoff:

AllD
01-27-2010, 06:03 PM
The Rams probably would have beaten the Pats in the SB too, except for the cheating of course.

Looks like Warner's hip never fully healed plus he is getting banged up more and more. Plenty of cash in the bank and marketable as an announcer at least for the first year.

Coach Wiz is in the last year of his contract and will not look as good with Leinart throwing. Maybe Grimm makes a move in the off-season now. Bye-bye Bouldin too.

SteelerNation12
01-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Down goes the Cardinals season. Leinart sucks, we have seen enough of him to decide that. Good news is, whatever QB gets that job will have plenty of talent to throw to.

fansince'76
01-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Cards = SCA-ROOED.

MasterOfPuppets
01-27-2010, 07:40 PM
yep...its back to suckville for the cards... and if farve retires, its back to just missing the playoffs for minny.
this would be a PERFECT time for mcnabb to ask to be traded... it'd be a MAJOR bidding war for him.

smokin3000gt
01-27-2010, 07:54 PM
I think I would be retiring to if I took the beating he took against the Saints. He has been a good quarterback but it is time for him to go lets see what Leinart has.

I expect the same from Favre after the pounding he took from the aints.

T&B fan
01-27-2010, 07:55 PM
yep...its back to suckville for the cards... and if farve retires, its back to just missing the playoffs for minny.
this would be a PERFECT time for mcnabb to ask to be traded... it'd be a MAJOR bidding war for him.

now thats thinking with a big payday in mind :thumbsup:

devilsdancefloor
01-27-2010, 08:44 PM
he is probably thinking its time cause of shoulder size bruise on his chest. he had a great run and great story he has stock boy to super bowl.

MasterOfPuppets
01-27-2010, 11:16 PM
now thats thinking with a big payday in mind :thumbsup:
i doubt there'd be less than 10 teams willing to throw 13 - 14 mill a year at him.

Indo
01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Cards = SCA-ROOED.

Yep.

I actually feel bad for Fitz---he seems to be a classy person and lets his performance do the talking...unlike certain other gold-toofed, name-changing douches who think stripes look good on a uniform....

mikegrimey
01-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Cheers to Warner, always a tough competitor, he had a great career.

As for Leinhart, the cards seem destined to go 8-8 or 6-10 with him behind center. I might even go with that St. Pierre guy before Leinhart.

AllD
01-29-2010, 07:48 PM
hahaha St. Pierre, their secret weapon. He can throw a ball point pen better than a football.

Cards better draft a QB or trade for one fast.

At least Warner had enough class not to string the team along like that other QB does every season. I just cannot bring myself to say the name....