PDA

View Full Version : ULTIMATE's STEELER MOCK

UltimateBengal
01-27-2010, 02:47 PM
I mess around and do mocks for every team, so I thought I'd post my Steelers mock here. I'm also using the compensatory pick model in guessing that you guys will get 2 5th rders for Nate Washington and Bryant McFadden, and a 7th rder for Leftwich. These are only estimations though, you guys probably know more about that than I do. I know this draft is different from most, but I think one similar to this could have the most impact. Let me know how wrong I am, but be gentle!:drink:

Rd 1 WR.....Golden Tate... Notre Dame --- All round dangerous threat
Rd 2 FS.......Morgan Burnett... Georgia Tech --- Solid and dependable
Rd 3 ILB.......Pat Angerer... Iowa - Passion and relentless motor
Rd 4 KR......LeRoy Vann... Florida A & M --- Electrifying return man
Rd 5 CB......Devin Ross... Arizona St --- Needs work but has talent
Rd 5 DT......D'Anthony Smith... Louisiana Tech --- High Motor guy
Rd 5 T.........Kyle Jolly... North Carolina --- Not well known but very soild
Rd 6 RB.....LeGarrette Blount... Oregon --- I know...but a 245 pound bruiser
Rd 7 TE.....Mickey Shuler... Penn St --- Elite blocker and experienced
Rd 7 FB.....Matt Clapp... Oklahoma --- Blocker only, but he excels at it

Galax Steeler
01-27-2010, 02:49 PM
You done good but I hope to god we don't take a wide receiver in the 1st.:drink:

UltimateBengal
01-27-2010, 02:55 PM
You done good but I hope to god we don't take a wide receiver in the 1st.:drink:

I just see Tate a someone who the Steelers could utilize all over the field. But I know most Steeler fans do not want a WR in the 1st.

Galax Steeler
01-27-2010, 03:09 PM
The biggest reason is we need help in the secondary and Earl Thomas would be it if we could get him, if not then I would like to see someone on the offensive or defensive line would be my next choice and a corner would not be a bad pick either but I don't see us taking one in the first.

UltimateBengal
01-27-2010, 03:14 PM
The biggest reason is we need help in the secondary and Earl Thomas would be it if we could get him, if not then I would like to see someone on the offensive or defensive line would be my next choice and a corner would not be a bad pick either but I don't see us taking one in the first.

You're probably right. I thought about putting Thomas, but I don't think he'll be there, but who knows. I could see Dan Williams as the pick also. I'm not real sure about you're situation at guard, but Mike Iupati is a freakin stud and could start from day one. I hope we take him if we don't go with Gresham!

supa_fly_steeler
01-27-2010, 03:17 PM
some nice picks, but i see cincinnati maybe taking taylor mays or golden take or cincinnati gilyard or golden tate

UltimateBengal
01-27-2010, 03:24 PM
some nice picks, but i see cincinnati maybe taking taylor mays or golden take or cincinnati gilyard or golden tate

Yeah Supa, I wouldn't mind Tate as a Bengal if he's still on the board. The guy can flat out make plays all over the field. I hope we don't go with Taylor Mays, because he reminds me of a young Roy Williams. I think both of our teams have a shot at good drafts this year.

supa_fly_steeler
01-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah Supa, I wouldn't mind Tate as a Bengal if he's still on the board. The guy can flat out make plays all over the field. I hope we don't go with Taylor Mays, because he reminds me of a young Roy Williams. I think both of our teams have a shot at good drafts this year.

Yea i also just don't want the ratbirds to get a speedster to go with flacco's arm thats just asking for trouble so i guess u get the pick the reciever before them lol.

Theres loads of talent in this years draft, last year's not great this year there is much talent make a mistake leading up to the draft and you can fall far.

i wish we went 7-9 now because we could of had a better shot at mcclain or thomas, seeing them picked by a pick before would hurt and i would shed a tear :(.

I think Taylor Mays will soon become the most unwanted safety in the draft with the performence he is stinking it up in the senior bowl practises.

If we don't pick earl thomas and forwhatever reason he falls you guys could get him, you got a strong corner duo but your safetys could better.

supa_fly_steeler
01-27-2010, 03:30 PM
lmao i applaud your efforts at this, on a cardinal forum they had themselves taking mcclain at 26... idiots

UltimateBengal
01-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Yea i also just don't want the ratbirds to get a speedster to go with flacco's arm thats just asking for trouble so i guess u get the pick the reciever before them lol.

Theres loads of talent in this years draft, last year's not great this year there is much talent make a mistake leading up to the draft and you can fall far.

i wish we went 7-9 now because we could of had a better shot at mcclain or thomas, seeing them picked by a pick before would hurt and i would shed a tear :(.

I think Taylor Mays will soon become the most unwanted safety in the draft with the performence he is stinking it up in the senior bowl practises.

If we don't pick earl thomas and forwhatever reason he falls you guys could get him, you got a strong corner duo but your safetys could better.

I agree with ya Supa, I don't want to see Tate go to the dirty Birds. If Thomas somehow fell to us, I would be giddy!!! :chuckle:Hall, Joseph, Crocker and Thomas!:popcorn:

On another note, it seems like there's a shot that Mt Cody could fall out of the 1st. I just hope Mike Brown doesn't decide we need another fat guy from Alabama, after we took Andre Smith last year!:sofunny:

UltimateBengal
01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
lmao i applaud your efforts at this, on a cardinal forum they had themselves taking mcclain at 26... idiots

:sofunny:Must be the Arizona heat playing with their minds! I try to be as realistic as possible. Like, I'm not predicting you guys will take Gerald McCoy at 19, and we'll get Suh at 21.:chuckle: Guys like me and you choose not to smoke crack like some fans around the NFL!:drink:

supa_fly_steeler
01-27-2010, 04:03 PM
:sofunny:Must be the Arizona heat playing with their minds! I try to be as realistic as possible. Like, I'm not predicting you guys will take Gerald McCoy at 19, and we'll get Suh at 21.:chuckle: Guys like me and you choose not to smoke crack like some fans around the NFL!:drink:

i never said i didn't take pot lol jk :P

lmao some of you guys already want mays --->http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=53099

u registered at GO BENGALS!!!!?

UltimateBengal
01-27-2010, 06:22 PM
i never said i didn't take pot lol jk :P

lmao some of you guys already want mays --->http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=53099

u registered at GO BENGALS!!!!?

No. I've never been to that site. I'm at Bengalsworld and Cinyjungle. I don't know why they are wanting Mays over guys like Gresham, Tate, Dan Williams, and Mike Iupati. Bengal Nation tends to get a little goofy around draft time. :chuckle:Goofier than normal anyway! There, I said it for ya!:flap:

Northside Jonny
01-27-2010, 06:47 PM
I actually like the thought of the steelers taking a late round gamble on LeGarrette Blount . If we get in any pregame fights homeboy packs a nasty right. But seriously alot of people where saying he was projected high before his incident. If he's there in the sixth sure 245 LBS and pretty shifty downhill runner. Why not bring him in see what he can do.

SteelerNation12
01-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Would be pretty pissed at that draft, we pick up no OL till round 5 and bad one at that, draft a WR who we don't need at all. Then we pick up a KR in round 4, when we have a good one in Logan.

UltimateBengal
01-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Would be pretty pissed at that draft, we pick up no OL till round 5 and bad one at that, draft a WR who we don't need at all. Then we pick up a KR in round 4, when we have a good one in Logan.

You certainly know you're team better than I do. But, I can tell you that Logan isn't in the same class as Vann. But, I do understand you're point about the Oline.

Sharkissle29
01-27-2010, 08:35 PM
This is just out of curiosity, but do you think mays has fallen as far as the 3rd round?

Chidi29
01-27-2010, 09:04 PM
This is just out of curiosity, but do you think mays has fallen as far as the 3rd round?

Not a chance.

Sharkissle29
01-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Not a chance.

just curious, i have heard nothing but bad things from him and am starting to think he will be nothing in the nfl

UltimateBengal
01-27-2010, 11:28 PM
just curious, i have heard nothing but bad things from him and am starting to think he will be nothing in the nfl

I think there's at least a chance that both Mays and Cody could fall to the 2nd.

Northside Jonny
01-28-2010, 12:03 AM

Everything I've seen he should be a third rounder at the highest . That is if he wants stay at safety. If he moves to ILB then I'd say he was at best a second rounder.

Steeldude
01-28-2010, 01:58 AM
a WR in the 1st round....again?

i don't want to see a WR taken in the first 3 rounds.

i would stay away from blount. he is big, but is also dumb as a stump and a headcase.

Nadroj 20
01-28-2010, 07:28 PM
I just see Tate a someone who the Steelers could utilize all over the field. But I know most Steeler fans do not want a WR in the 1st.

Yea dont want one in the first but i would actually love to see them take one in a later round, IMO this years draft is full of talented wide outs.

jdthree
01-28-2010, 07:34 PM
a WR in the 1st round....again?

i don't want to see a WR taken in the first 3 rounds.

i would stay away from blount. he is big, but is also dumb as a stump and a headcase.

There is also some rumor out there that he doesn't block well or doesn't like to.... If that's the case then I say no way!!!! If that rumor is untrue then I'd spend a 6th on him as he does carry a load and hits the hole pretty well..... wow that sounds bad..:thumbsup:

steelerdave1969
01-29-2010, 10:58 AM

Not real big on taking a WR no.1 either, but Tate would be a wonderful addition to our team. How does everyone feel about RB Jonathan Dwyer from G.A. Tech? The guy had a wonderful career for the Jackets and he is a or I think he would be a great Goalline back for the Steelers atleast and the Steelers most likely will need a backup for Mendenhall as I dont really see Willie Parker coming back.