PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin in attendance at Senior Bowl practices

jonslow
01-27-2010, 05:11 PM
As I stood on the sidelines the last two days at Senior Bowl practices, I was mentally kicking myself for not introducing myself and or at least giving him a "Hey, how ya doing?" Regardless, I was intrigued by what he was observing.

During today's North team practice, Tomlin spent most of his time watching DB/WR drills. I was glad to see he was watching DBs and he seemed impressed with CB Kyle Wilson. He's been the most buzz-worthy DB at practices this week.

Tomlin also pulled Dorin Dickerson (WR/TE from Pitt) aside and talked to him a few times. Dickerson apparently used that as motivation as he made some great catches and ran crisp routes.

Tomlin spent most of yesterday watching offensive lineman go up against defensive lineman. I think it's safe to say he's looking to fill the holes we all expected in the draft. I'd be really interested to know who impressed him the last two days.

If you guys want any analysis of all the practices and a lot of player reports, check out www.sidelinescouting.net which I am representing here in Mobile.

Chidi29
01-27-2010, 05:15 PM
As I stood on the sidelines the last two days at Senior Bowl practices, I was mentally kicking myself for not introducing myself and or at least giving him a "Hey, how ya doing?" Regardless, I was intrigued by what he was observing.

During today's North team practice, Tomlin spent most of his time watching DB/WR drills. I was glad to see he was watching DBs and he seemed impressed with CB Kyle Wilson. He's been the most buzz-worthy DB at practices this week.

Tomlin also pulled Dorin Dickerson (WR/TE from Pitt) aside and talked to him a few times. Dickerson apparently used that as motivation as he made some great catches and ran crisp routes.

Tomlin spent most of yesterday watching offensive lineman go up against defensive lineman. I think it's safe to say he's looking to fill the holes we all expected in the draft. I'd be really interested to know who impressed him the last two days.

If you guys want any analysis of all the practices and a lot of player reports, check out www.sidelinescouting.net which I am representing here in Mobile.

I was wondering who'd be looking at WRs for us since we don't have a WR coach. Figured Fitchner was asked to pull double duty.

I've only gotten to read reviews and watch one video about the Senior Bowl, but Wilson impressed me. Good instincts and very fluid hips.

supa_fly_steeler
01-27-2010, 06:08 PM
There now saying Kyle Wilson is a first round cornerback

Northside Jonny
01-27-2010, 07:27 PM
See how he shows at the Combine , but I stll think Kareem Jackson in the second or third round would be just fine.

SRHBRONCO
01-27-2010, 10:41 PM
I've been a season ticket holder of the Boise State Bronco's for the last 10 years and have enjoyed watching Kyle Wilson play for the last for years. Nothing would make me happier than to see Kdub get drafted by a franchise with as much history as the steeler. The kid is amazing to watch and is a class act off the field. Here is a link from last years BSU pro-day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxpdHHWKLiE

MasterOfPuppets
01-27-2010, 11:04 PM
I've been a season ticket holder of the Boise State Bronco's for the last 10 years and have enjoyed watching Kyle Wilson play for the last for years. Nothing would make me happier than to see Kdub get drafted by a franchise with as much history as the steeler. The kid is amazing to watch and is a class act off the field. Here is a link from last years BSU pro-day.

so whats your thoughts on shay hodges ? is he fast enough to get seperation in the nfl ? he looks like he'd be a nice possession receiver. maybe a 5th rd pick ?

taztroy43
01-28-2010, 12:13 AM

i totally agree w/ you I hope the Steelers pick him up in the 2nd round......

jonslow
01-28-2010, 12:25 AM
so whats your thoughts on shay hodges ? is he fast enough to get seperation in the nfl ? he looks like he'd be a nice possession receiver. maybe a 5th rd pick ?

I actually just blogged about Hodge from South practice earlier today. He wasn't a guy that was on my radar coming into this week, and I still don't think he's more than a 4th-round prosepect, but he difnitely impressed me today.

http://www.sidelinescouting.net/

jonslow
01-28-2010, 12:27 AM

By the way, I've been seeing "K-DUB's" bus all over the place this week. I love that he has his own bus. I can always get behind a player with both talent and personality.