PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Price

Steel Glory
01-28-2010, 08:52 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1123712
01/27/2010 - Senior Bowl, Wednesday: TCU linebacker Daryl Washington and Ohio wide receiver Taylor Price stole the show during the North's practice at the Senior Bowl on Wednesday, the most important of the week before things throttle down leading up to Saturday's game. Price will be tough for the South defensive backs to wrangle down. He's so fast and elusive that about a half dozen teams had to surround him after practice to speak to him. With Cincinnati star Mardy Gilyard struggling to consistently catch the ball, Price has stepped forward as the best receiver on the North squad - and maybe on both teams. At 6-feet, 198 pounds and expected to run in the low-to-mid 4.3's in his 40-yard dash at the Combine, Price has the size and speed teams want. That speed was on display Wednesday morning, as he separated from corners on go routes, showing a burst severely lacking from most of this year's senior receivers. He ran crisp routes inside and outside with good suddenness, brought in high throws and displayed excellent body control on the sidelines, only dropping one with Rutgers cornerback Devin McCourty draped all over him in the middle. If teams don't have Price ranked as a second-round value, like former MAC star and current Green Bay Packer Pro Bowler Greg Jennings (Western Michigan), then he won't last very long in the third round. He entered the week at NFLDraftScout.com's 20th-ranked wide receiver in the draft, but is likely to vault up draft boards. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com
01/27/2010 - Senior Bowl, Tuesday: Some of the North's quarterback issues are a result of inconsistent play from the receivers. Small-school wideout Andre Roberts (The Citadel) was the surprise standout among the South receiving corps Monday and Ohio's Taylor Price may be continuing that theme. The 6-0, 200-pound Price is quick off the snap and catches the ball cleanly. - Rob Rang and Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

Man, about a month and a half ago I found this guy and said he'd be a steal in the 5th round and he would probably shoot up boards before the draft.

Shoot up boards was an understatement. He has shown better speed and hands than Mardy Gilyard at Senior Bowl practices. He is now almost solidified as a 2-3 rounder.

And my first mock had him in the 5th round :chuckle:

Any other late round WR that might be worth taking to shore up our receiver crew? Price is most likely out.

jonslow
01-28-2010, 09:07 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1123712

Man, about a month and a half ago I found this guy and said he'd be a steal in the 5th round and he would probably shoot up boards before the draft.

Shoot up boards was an understatement. He has shown better speed and hands than Mardy Gilyard at Senior Bowl practices. He is now almost solidified as a 2-3 rounder.

And my first mock had him in the 5th round :chuckle:

Any other late round WR that might be worth taking to shore up our receiver crew? Price is most likely out.

I actually haven't been all that impressed with price here at the practices. He can run, and he makes good adjustments to the ball in the air on deep routes but he's shown problems catching balls out of the cut on short routes. Several times he ran outs and slants and when he looked up, the ball was in the air and he couldn't react to it. Just something to think about.

Dorin Dickerson looked great yesterday and I saw Mike Tomlin talking to him from the sidelines during practice cheering him on. He mad some great catches right in front of Tomlin. As a converted FB/TE, he's been working out at receiver this week and has looked pretty good. He has great hands and I think he could be the heir to the throne of Hines Ward as a solid slot receiver.

Shay Hodge of Ole Miss also looked pretty good yesterday. Both of those guys will not go in the top three rounds probably, but I like Hodge's ability to get behind coverage and Dickerson's route-running and sure hands.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-28-2010, 09:10 AM
I actually haven't been all that impressed with price here at the practices. He can run, and he makes good adjustments to the ball in the air on deep routes but he's shown problems catching balls out of the cut on short routes. Several times he ran outs and slants and when he looked up, the ball was in the air and he couldn't react to it. Just something to think about.

Dorin Dickerson looked great yesterday and I saw Mike Tomlin talking to him from the sidelines during practice cheering him on. He mad some great catches right in front of Tomlin. As a converted FB/TE, he's been working out at receiver this week and has looked pretty good. He has great hands and I think he could be the heir to the throne of Hines Ward as a solid slot receiver.

Shay Hodge of Ole Miss also looked pretty good yesterday. Both of those guys will not go in the top three rounds probably, but I like Hodge's ability to get behind coverage and Dickerson's route-running and sure hands.

I see that RB Bell...from Wayne St. is raising some eybrows...very cool.

jonslow
01-28-2010, 11:44 AM
I see that RB Bell...from Wayne St. is raising some eybrows...very cool.

Yeah, Jim Schwartz commented on him at his press conference Tuesday night. He commented that coming from a small school, a guy like Bell has to show that he can both perform and feel comfortable with players from larger school, the media circus, etc. Schwartz said Bell has impressed him because he looks like none of that has affected him. He's pretty good at catching the ball out of the backfield and he has good size. It's just hard to judge runningbacks here in Mobile because none of the practices have been full-contact and no one is tackling. Schwartz did say that the game will tell a lot about how Bell can finish runs.